Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-08, 11:10   Link #21501
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
who cares if you can get it cheap and in big supply? :P ill probably pick up my bootleg inf. justice from the customs tomorrow. i saved 50€ on that kit, even if it does suck i wont be sad about it :P and there is nothing a good spritz of top coat cant fix in terms of the looks ;D

thats ok i guess, its less than what they want on ebay :P

i already posted that above :P

there is no ignition mode trans-am exia. its just the regular MG exia in trans-am colors with a red LED! it doesnt come with chrome-plated parts like the ignition mode version.

and if bandai releases this as a limited version only and wont sell it at other places in the future im pretty sure that they wont give us any more red LEDs.
:: sigh ::

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN961570

Hm...

I still consider that "Ignition Mode" as it comes with the red LED unit.
Old 2011-08-08, 11:14   Link #21502
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
:: sigh ::

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN961570

Hm...

I still consider that "Ignition Mode" as it comes with the red LED unit.
i was wrong about one thing though, i didnt know that the weapons parts actually are chrome plated AND gloss colored in the trans-am version^^ there really isnt much of a difference then, the main feature of the ignition mode version are the parts for exia R1, anyway.

but still, i doubt that theyd give us a way to order red LEDs.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 11:40   Link #21503
skyboy928

Quote:
who cares if you can get it cheap and in big supply? :P ill probably pick up my bootleg inf. justice from the customs tomorrow. i saved 50€ on that kit, even if it does suck i wont be sad about it :P and there is nothing a good spritz of top coat cant fix in terms of the looks ;D
i was actually thinking maybe i should get those bootleg Gundam kit just so i could practice painting, like you said, they are cheaper (but how much cheaper exactly? since i never look at one.....)
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 11:42   Link #21504
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
i was actually thinking maybe i should get those bootleg Gundam kit just so i could practice painting, like you said, they are cheaper (but how much cheaper exactly? since i never look at one.....)
If you need something to practice painting on, just get a Super Deformed kit.

Always support the real stuff so that:

a. they can continue to make more kits
b. maybe eventually lower the prices a little so they dont need to offset profit losses from bootleg sales
c. you'll feel better

=)
Old 2011-08-08, 11:51   Link #21505
Appel

Quote:

b. maybe eventually lower the prices a little so they dont need to offset profit losses from bootleg sales
c. you'll feel better

=)
bandai will be fine. in my opinion piracy like this should encourage them to make even better kits. if they can convince me to buy their stuff because of the superior quality i will buy it.
and about feeling better.... i bought 3 MG kits for the price of one. and thats including the distiny full blast mode :P that makes me feel REALLY good to be honest^^

Last edited by monir; 2011-08-10 at 10:55.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:02   Link #21506
skyboy928

Quote:

c. you'll feel better

=)
haha, don't worried, it's not like i will ever stop buying kit from Bandai, after all, i already have well over 200 kits in total. they are all Bandai.
i want to practice my paint on expensive kit and ended up ruin it, so practice on the cheap stuff feel like no harm done.
at least until i get better at it.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:22   Link #21507
Appel

Quote:
haha, don't worried, it's not like i will ever stop buying kit from Bandai, after all, i already have well over 200 kits in total. they are all Bandai.
i want to practice my paint on expensive kit and ended up ruin it, so practice on the cheap stuff feel like no harm done.
same here. TT Hongli doesnt even offer the whole range of bandai kits, only about 30 different models or so.
i will buy stuff from bandai in the future. but if there is a kit that i want and i can get the TT Hongli version instead i will do so
Old 2011-08-08, 16:06   Link #21508
Sworra

Quote:
If you want to practice painting, my suggestion would be to get HG's kits. They are cheaper, even NG's will still save you money, plus you still have both scales to practice on. Practicing how to paint you don't need a MG or a Rip off of a MG all you need is a piece of plastic.

Skyboy98 if your really wanting to paint and you are spending alot on kits.. save for a Airbrush and compressor this way you can at least customize your colours, and in the long run its saves you money cause your not spending it on Aerosols.
Old 2011-08-08, 16:29   Link #21509
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
If you want to practice painting, my suggestion would be to get HG's kits. They are cheaper, even NG's will still save you money, plus you still have both scales to practice on. Practicing how to paint you don't need a MG or a Rip off of a MG all you need is a piece of plastic.

Skyboy98 if your really wanting to paint and you are spending alot on kits.. save for a Airbrush and compressor this way you can at least customize your colours, and in the long run its saves you money cause your not spending it on Aerosols.
i was thinking about that, too. but i just dont paint often enough, it wouldnt be worth it for me :P i dont really want to paint anymore, only the necessary parts that look crappy out of the box.
Old 2011-08-08, 16:31   Link #21510
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
i was thinking about that, too. but i just dont paint often enough, it wouldnt be worth it for me :P i dont really want to paint anymore, only the necessary parts that look crappy out of the box.
then be like me...

get like a few paint brushes, some tamiya acrylic paint bottles (they are the ones with the x and then a number), paint thinner, droppers, paint stirers, paint mixing bottles... and then just hand paint everything..

=)

practice with sd kits
Old 2011-08-08, 18:04   Link #21511
Appel

Quote:
then be like me...

get like a few paint brushes, some tamiya acrylic paint bottles (they are the ones with the x and then a number), paint thinner, droppers, paint stirers, paint mixing bottles... and then just hand paint everything..

=)

practice with sd kits
oh god no! XD im terrible with brushed, it always turns out terrible :P i just dont have any talent with that. i just slap on some paint with spray cans and thats it^^ ive been very happy with those results so far and im not going to change that.
Old 2011-08-08, 18:27   Link #21512
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
oh god no! XD im terrible with brushed, it always turns out terrible :P i just dont have any talent with that. i just slap on some paint with spray cans and thats it^^ ive been very happy with those results so far and im not going to change that.
except spray cans are expensive as hell...
Old 2011-08-08, 18:30   Link #21513
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Robot Damashii (Side MS) Gouf Custom - Promo [LARGE IMAGES] & Other Images
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...uf-custom.html

Spoiler:

So it seems like Gouf fans are getting yet another thing to drool over... =)
Old 2011-08-08, 19:07   Link #21514
skyboy928

Quote:

yes, that was my original plan until i learn about TT kit, even with TT kit, i might not bother with their MG, like you said all i need is a piece of plastic, so i might go with TT's 1/100 HG, that save me even more, but the only problem is lack of selection that i actually like.
as for airbrush, i guess that will remain to be seen, since i'm still new, and i got no patient, lol, and the worst part, i live in a basement, so airbrush not gonna do me good in health, as of now i bring it out door to do my spray paint.

Quote:
as of now i'm doing the same as you, especially the black color, lol

Quote:
i guess me and you really on the same boat, i did try to use the brush back then, the result was so bad that i toss everything away, lol.
Old 2011-08-08, 19:37   Link #21515
Appel

Quote:
except spray cans are expensive as hell...
true. but like i said, i dont even use them often^^ so its ok.

Quote:
as of now i'm doing the same as you, especially the black color, lol
thats the most effective and cheapest way in my opinion :P spray ugly parts and just top coat the rest^^ and even the top coat on unpainted parts isnt all that necessary since bandais plastic looks great most of the times.
Old 2011-08-08, 21:00   Link #21516
Sworra

Quote:
yes, that was my original plan until i learn about TT kit, even with TT kit, i might not bother with their MG, like you said all i need is a piece of plastic, so i might go with TT's 1/100 HG, that save me even more, but the only problem is lack of selection that i actually like.
as for airbrush, i guess that will remain to be seen, since i'm still new, and i got no patient, lol, and the worst part, i live in a basement, so airbrush not gonna do me good in health, as of now i bring it out door to do my spray paint.
You dont really need a selection if your buying rip off models. Its the painting part is your main concern so you have something to practice on, so when you have enough skill or confindence you can go and paint the ones you like..
I have the same problem when it comes to fumes. But when you spray with a air brush you have an option to use Acrylic paint and Acrylic paint is water based so no harmful fumes.. Tamiya Acrylics have a slight percentage of alcohol in their paint but opening a window will easily take what ever fumes out.
Old 2011-08-08, 21:22   Link #21517
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
You dont really need a selection if your buying rip off models. Its the painting part is your main concern so you have something to practice on, so when you have enough skill or confindence you can go and paint the ones you like..
I have the same problem when it comes to fumes. But when you spray with a air brush you have an option to use Acrylic paint and Acrylic paint is water based so no harmful fumes.. Tamiya Acrylics have a slight percentage of alcohol in their paint but opening a window will easily take what ever fumes out.
Thanks for the tip on the Tamiya acrylic paint bottles. =) I've used their spray paint cans and they were too toxic even with the gas mask w/ filters on the side and even when I went outside.

Oh and I guess a good way to practice painting is to use the paint on the plastic trees that you are left with after cutting the parts off.
Old 2011-08-08, 21:55   Link #21518
skyboy928

Quote:
well, can't say selection is not important, it's help create a right mood. beside even if it's cheap, it's still money, you don't want to buy a piece of trash and buy some paint and practice, even tho TT Kits is what you guys refer as bootleg, it's still a Gundam nonetheless.
if only i didn't throw away my oldest collection, i could have practice on them instead.......
Old 2011-08-09, 12:18   Link #21519
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

MKII & GMIII
Spoiler for .....:

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2011-08-09 at 15:24.
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 12:33   Link #21520
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Hey...

add some spoiler tags to your image

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy