AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 07:45   Link #721
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Who cares about Layfon? I'm reading this for Felli.
totally true.

Layfon can stay emo even in the end of the world for all I care. Go Felli!
Old 2012-04-14, 11:38   Link #722
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I am already getting annoyed with emo Layfon. How long is this going to continue?
For a looonnng time.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:43   Link #723
Hendog

Why exactly is Layfon going all emo? Does it have something to do with Leerin and the other girls or something with Grendan.
Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 12:00   Link #724
Johnny
Working the bags...

I believe it's because he figured out that he always liked Leerin, but she had already rejected him. I think it's funny with her reasoning why, since she's doing the same thing she always chastised him about...

Spoiler for Concerning Felli:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 12:06   Link #725
Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I believe it's because he figured out that he always liked Leerin, but she had already rejected him. I think it's funny with her reasoning why, since she's doing the same thing she always chastised him about...

Spoiler for Concerning Felli:
Spoiler for Concerning Leerin:
Old 2012-04-14, 12:12   Link #726
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah, in the epilogue of vol 14...
Old 2012-04-14, 12:28   Link #727
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Any updates with Nina? and she like a big sister to Layfon right?
Old 2012-04-14, 14:58   Link #728
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I kinda feel sorry for Layfon though. Since he's the Child of Oblivion, not fated to fight with the Wolf Gang in the first place, nobody wants to let him in. No one ever explains WTF is going on to him and overlook him. I think they're all stupid. The electronic fairies seem to gamble on Nina, but why doesn't anyone realize that Nina wouldn't survive to receive Haikizoku and become stronger AT ALL if Layfon wasn't there. It's Layfon who personally trains her (or give her quite valuable instruction), rescue her when she's in danger etc. Also, Nina seems to have the same unique ability that Layfon possesses, the ability to see other people's Ki vain and copy techniques, and Layfon is definitely her mentor for that, since he's the only one in the whole world that can do.

Note that Layfon is extremely strong since he's a genuine HBS and he's the first HBS to be exiled from Grendan, which the queen (or Lintence) mention that maybe it's his fate to spread Grendan's martial arts to outside world (well, he only did to his teammates), just like how the Sallivan Merc. spreads katana technique and become famous.

And everyone overlooks this fact. I believe Layfon will make a comeback and will kickass so much (well, he kinda did already from vol. 18 spoiler). In fact, Nina would have died a really pathetic death against a filth monster larva in vol. 1 if Layfon arrive a second to late...

I hate how Layfon is so emo too. But seriously, just killing his opponent on the competition shouldn't be that bad. I mean, the power level is too different. The underground match was well-known among the military artists in Grendan already and nobody gives a damn, yet the powerless normal citizen think otherwise. You see, people who can't even use martial arts think what Layfon did is a disgrace while the military artists didn't give a damn. It's difficult living in that shitty world filled with pathetic people while himself being so strong it's scary...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:29   Link #729
azarhal

@vansonbee Nina have no interest in "love"...

Quote:
Note that Layfon is extremely strong since he's a genuine HBS and he's the first HBS to be exiled from Grendan, which the queen (or Lintence) mention that maybe it's his fate to spread Grendan's martial arts to outside world (well, he only did to his teammates), just like how the Sallivan Merc. spreads katana technique and become famous.
Layfon's powers come from a power-up he got as a baby from Leerin. He's effectively her self-created protector.

It's Lintence that says that...

Quote:
And everyone overlooks this fact. I believe Layfon will make a comeback and will kickass so much (well, he kinda did already from vol. 18 spoiler). In fact, Nina would have died a really pathetic death against a filth monster larva in vol. 1 if Layfon arrive a second to late...
The whole point of the larva in the 1st book was to show how awesome Layfon was and give a goal to reach for Nina in term of power. Layfon never got a new power up in all the books. Nina does. Layfon is used as something to drive Nina forward really...

Also, Nina is special in her own right, she just haven't reached her full potential like Layfon have and we don't know everything about it either... vol. 18 raised more question than answers really and no plot volume until 21 (unless it's another short stories one).
Old 2012-04-14, 18:02   Link #730
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Nina character does not have any interest in love? I guess the viewers are okay with that and not hassle the author about it?
Old 2012-04-14, 18:06   Link #731
Hendog

Can someone give a small description of what exactly Layfon being the Child of Oblivion means, and what Wolf Gang is?
Old 2012-04-14, 18:13   Link #732
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

it's fine layton being sorta emo and distant sometimes. if he didn't had that kind of personality he would've been a whole different person; cocky and arrogant.

btw who did layton end up with in the anime/manga? i supported layton x nina xD those two go well together imho. ^_^
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:32   Link #733
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

We still don't know if having Leerin's thorn in himself since young give him the ability to see and analyze other people's ki vain. Maybe it's his unique trait.

Also, I don't understand what the deal is with child of oblivion. Well, I hate everything. I cheer for Layfon x Felli btw. I simply hate Nina. You guys forgive her too soon while you still complain about Layfon's character trait. I simply got annoyed by her stupid decision that Zuellni manipulated. It's no doubt that Zuellni made Nina met with Dix so she would be involved and then she gave the power she receive from another haikizoku in vol. 12 or 13 to Nina in form of a really powerful weapon beyond HB, her whips, which made Nina felt she made stupid decision and be indebted to Zuellni.

And Zuellni probably said "just as planned!".

Nina is being toyed with. I pity her for that. lol
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 19:04   Link #734
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Nina character does not have any interest in love? I guess the viewers are okay with that and not hassle the author about it?
She does have a soft spot for Layfon, it just haven't changed since the early volumes. She kind of have her hands full of more important stuff anyway. I think we could say that she shy away from romantic ideas, because she have other priorities. She's not as clueless as Sharnid and the others think though, some of her thoughts shows that.

Quote:
Can someone give a small description of what exactly Layfon being the Child of Oblivion means, and what Wolf Gang is?
child of Oblivion: See this as child of nothing. Layfon's soul isn't part of the Fate of the World, so it is actively rejecting him. It came out of "nowhere" (aka Oblivion). At some point the (fan) speculation was that his existence was allowing the Fate to be "manipulated", but later volumes suggest that everything when "wrong" before he existed. A Nina's pov in Regios Crusade actually suggest that everything is going "as planned" except for Nina's interfering...

Wolf Gang: The Wolfmen, they are what his left of the Facemen system from Legend of Regios: a bunch of souls thinking as one. They work for somebody and are "antagonists" (against Glendan's Royal family and the e-fairies). They used to have control of Zuellini in the past too. The somebody should be "Ignasis" (technical bad guy), but recent volumes suggested they are manipulated by somebody else.
Old 2012-04-14, 23:04   Link #735
Hendog

Hmm I get the general idea of it I guess, thanks. Not really sure if I should start reading the novels on Baka tsuki seeing as how some whole volumes were skipped might just be short stories though. :/
Old 2012-04-15, 02:53   Link #736
godgiven25

If anyone have read Tenjou Tenge, you can compare Layfon's child of Oblivion to Takayanagi's role as Tsukoyomi, a supporting protagonist, he isn't the strongest, since he isn't affected by fate he can change the fate of those around him and destroy the circle of fate and stop the 1000 year war

So I kinda assume that there is more to Layfon's role than being angsty character
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:28   Link #737
Johnny
Working the bags...

I would say he's in the last resort sort of position, or the trump card when his switch has been flipped. The Grendan encounter in vol 14 being a perfect example...

Because look what happens when you follow fate by the book...
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-15, 06:28   Link #738
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Because look what happens when you follow fate by the book...
Spoiler:
That's not following Fate by the book. That's filling spots to have X number of people so Fate can "continue" as planned. Although, I suspect the 12 HB spots have always been "filler". Doesn't matter who is in them, they just need 12.
Old 2012-04-15, 07:09   Link #739
godgiven25

I've always wondered why it MUST be 12, is that supposed to be 12 human sacrifices to offer to some "god"?
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:45   Link #740
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgiven25 View Post
I've always wondered why it MUST be 12, is that supposed to be 12 human sacrifices to offer to some "god"?
i don't think it has been revealed yet, so 4 now its something like utilising 12 hb.

reading v14, i think that leerin's thorns made his father rather servile. it didn't just increase his kei bt affected his mind 2. i mean the old man tried his best 2 kill layfon. but he didn't get any power ups to see techniques which layfon has. so 4 now we can think that learning other's skill is a technique he has because of his connection 2 wolf man/someone else n not leein's thorns.

Last edited by veritatis cupitor; 2012-04-15 at 21:57.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen