Notices

Old 2006-03-29, 10:45   Link #121
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1n
What is "Applocade"?
I searched on google but found nothing about it
It's "Applocale." I hear it doesn't work for Winny though, for some reason.

In order to use Winny, you have to change your system locale to Japanese. This only works on Windows 2000 or XP, though, 9X doesn't support this.

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> Check "Install Files for East-Asian Languages" (you may have to insert your XP/2000 CD) -> Advanced tab -> Select "Japanese" from the drop-down box -> Apply and restart.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 00:55   Link #122
SWPIGWANG

Question about anime watchers and Keroro Gunso: kj1980 help!

Well, we people outside Japan don't really know how the anime watching population is divided up in Japan. From what little we know the 'otaku-ish' people are sort of segregated from society and have to hide their hobbies in order to fit in while they watch their mid-night time slot animes.

I wonder who watches (and more importantly, who is socially allowed to watch and talk about) something like Keroro Gunso. On the one hand, it looks like harmless family entertainment (6pm time slot?) at prime time that one can almost argue for watching with children, on the other hand, it is otaku to the core with alot of reference to other anime, many of which is outside the scope of the average teen and is known only to kimo-otas, perhaps. (how many random teen had watched Gunam 0079 and know all the obscure battleships that was by name in the anime proper around once....)

I can understand why people would give strange looks to people that watches, say, maria sama ga miteru or rozen maiden that airs at past midnight, or some 30 year old watching bleach, but I really don't know about this one.

----------
*wonders if I should have bumped a old thread instead*

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-03-30 at 02:00. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:27   Link #123
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPIGWANG
Well, we people outside Japan don't really know how the anime watching population is divided up in Japan. From what little we know the 'otaku-ish' people are sort of segregated from society and have to hide their hobbies in order to fit in while they watch their mid-night time slot animes.

I wonder who watches (and more importantly, who is socially allowed to watch and talk about) something like Keroro Gunso. On the one hand, it looks like harmless family entertainment (6pm time slot?) at prime time that one can almost argue for watching with children, on the other hand, it is otaku to the core with alot of reference to other anime, many of which is outside the scope of the average teen and is known only to kimo-otas, perhaps. (how many random teen had watched Gunam 0079 and know all the obscure battleships that was by name in the anime proper around once....)

I can understand why people would give strange looks to people that watches, say, maria sama ga miteru or rozen maiden that airs at past midnight, or some 30 year old watching bleach, but I really don't know about this one.

----------
*wonders if I should have bumped a old thread instead*
Running to it's third year on the same time slot tells you something doesn't it? While sure it may not grab ratings as high as Sazae-san, it still ranks much higher as an anime than those that are mocked as "loser" anime timeslots. But it is low enough to be seens as a kimo-ota if you admit you love the show well into your twenties. So, it's fun to be seen by kids who love the hilarious antics of alien frogs trying to take over the world, and with otakus who love the hard-core references to otaku-ish terminologies both past and present.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 19:00   Link #124
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Keroro Gunso 9 out by Doremi-fansubs. Now before you blame us as "vultures" and the like, notice that episode 8 was released last year.

Kururu made me do it! I swear!

Saburo kicks ass.

PS. Before you start flaming us for this release, read our website's Keroro Gunso entry before bashing us for typesetting, karaoke, translation, etc etc.

And please keep it civil.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?

Last edited by Maceart; 2006-04-17 at 20:13.
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 19:39   Link #125
jpwong

I think anyone would be overjoyed that ANYONE was subbing past episode 8 at this point, no matter where they start from. There's almost the equivelent of 2 years worth of unsubbed episodes now, so any progress IMO should be considered spectacular.
Old 2006-04-17, 22:38   Link #126
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Keroro Gunso 9 out by Doremi-fansubs. Now before you blame us as "vultures" and the like, notice that episode 8 was released last year.

Saburo kicks ass.

PS. Before you start flaming us for this release, read our website's Keroro Gunso entry before bashing us for typesetting, karaoke, translation, etc etc.

This is the best news I've heard in a while, I'm glad to see you've picked this up. I'm also glad you're keeping it simple--as they say in project management "better is the enemy of good enough", and that definitely applies to subbing this series. I can see how people could spend a year per episode just typesetting, but the truth is I'd enjoy the episode just as much if every piece of text onscreen is in the ugly yellow DVD subtitle font.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 01:31   Link #127
am1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart

Saburo kicks ass.

Great great great!

It's been so much time a new keroro guns ep is out ! ^____^
am1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:45   Link #128
Prons
Disabled By Request

Oh man! Thank you Doremi, I thought I was never going to see another Keroro Gunso episode as long as I live. I love that crazy frog!
Prons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 09:13   Link #129
bayoab

Holy more Neon Genesis Evangelion references than you can shake a stick at in episode 9 Batman. Wait... wouldn't this mean... Saburo ... would probably have more of an interest in Natsumi than Fuyuki. (Although Natsumi was playing Shinji's role so...).
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:00   Link #130
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Unhappy mkv...

Happy to know "keroro spirit" wasn't dead after all ( is there any "spirit" in that, btw?) but would it be too much to ask for a simple .avi file? I still can't read .mkv and you'll guess how frustrating it is... lol
So please do something! I'm begging you!
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 23:20   Link #131
Fel
Clean up princess

Three "gero"s for Doremi!
Old 2006-04-19, 01:15   Link #132
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
CCCP is the quick and easy way to run our release, if you have at least a 1.78112 Ghz computer. For MAC users, I think you'll have to google something. For people without a 1.78112 Ghz computer, you should burn out the episode on CD and steal your best buddy's Alienware while he/she's not playing F.E.A.R/reading fanfiction. If you still have problems drop by to #doremi @ irc.rizon.net or drop me a PM and I'll try to help you out.
Old 2006-04-19, 01:21   Link #133
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

If anyone wants to take the mkv and remux it into avi with the script I have no problems with that, just pm me on IRC or pm me here before you do so. (I have no encoding skills... the most I know is Xvid 1 pass, and since it's h.264 I have no idea what to do with it).

Anyways, I really liked that episode because it introduced Saburo as a very awesome character, and also made Fuyuki's mom hot!

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:13   Link #134
raphaël
trainee archangel

Well, i have a mac and i really don't know how to handle those zùmefl,x=:;zer .mkv files. Believe me i tried. But thanks for your help.
I think i'll just wait for someone to turn it to .avi.
lol i'm kind of a patient guy. ^^
Old 2006-04-19, 11:41   Link #135
Zappster

If you're a Mac user can't you just use VideoLan player to play it? I'm pretty sure you can use that on a Mac.

Just like to add, thank you Doremi for subbing another episode of this show. I was beginning to think I'd not see another subbed episode of this show.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 12:11   Link #136
Tancos
Who?

VLC on a Mac will play some .mkv files, but not all. I can hear the soundtrack of the new Keroro episode, but I can't see any video.
Tancos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:16   Link #137
suguru
京都 ikitai~

It's sad, the combination of H.264 and MKVs with softsubs has really clobbered the ability to watch fansubs on Macs--there's a new test version of VLC on their website (0.8.5-test2) but it still won't play H264 worth a damn and the softsub support is as horrific as always (overlapping subs when more than one appear onscreen, and bizarre line wrapping). There's a precompiled binary of mplayer for OS X out there, but it's a year old and won't play most H264 video. You can download 1GB+ of developer tools from Apple and try to compile mplayer from the latest nightly yourself, but good luck getting that to work. The CCCP codec pack on my company's Thinkpad works like a charm though for everything I throw at it, so CCCP is great if you have access to a PC (or, I guess, an Intel Mac that you can boot into Windows).

Keroro 9 was another solid episode though, I love Dark Momoka...although I hope in the end she loses, for Fuyuki's sake...sure, she's rabu-rabu now, but imagine Fuyuki facing the wrath of Dark Momoka when he leaves the toilet seat up accidentally...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 13:48   Link #138
am1n

Anybody knows how many episode Keroro Gunso will be ?
am1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 15:20   Link #139
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1n
Anybody knows how many episode Keroro Gunso will be ?
Let save the trouble by stop thinking how many episode it will go.
As I'm posting this, 106 raw had been flowing around atm.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 15:52   Link #140
raphaël
trainee archangel

Thank you all for your help again. But my mac just won't listen. So let's wait...