2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.87%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-18, 02:21   Link #221
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
That's a good point. One of the things that were mentioned at the beginning of the anime is that a Kage is the strongest ninja in a village. I still don't think Gaara had to go through the usual process of climb-the-ranking before he became a Kage due to crisis his village was under. Perhaps, they were still sorting out the mess after the demise of the previous Kazekage. They also sent the best of their village in the Sasuke-arc to show good gesture to make ammends for their hands in attacking Konoha by making the likes of Gaara, their soon-to-be Kage, expendable.

Or, because one doesn't want to win an argument against a man who has developed this nice philosophy called,
I kill people because it confirms my existence. Give me Kage, or give me blood.
Or, Gaara changed so much after he came back from the Save-Sasuke mission that the selection committee made their decision right away once they witnessed this new transformation. Take a peek if you dare..

Spoiler for danger! very graphic:

The rest is history as we know.

LOL that pick made me laugh so much . But i do get your point. Garaa has become very calm and isnt the garaa from the time they attaked konoha.

I remember from the first few episodes of the naruto it was said that the strongest person of the vilage is the Kage of that village. Also We saw how much stronger Garaa got in a very little time between the invasion of konoha and sasku-rescue mission. And now Imagine about 2 years and half has passed. He is probably is the strongest ninga in sand village and thats why he became kazekage.

Garaa is just too strong. He has a demon inside of him like naruto.
Old 2007-02-18, 02:25   Link #222
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
... it just seems a tad too strict... too few becoming a ninjas at too slow a pace, not to mention the occasial deaths... especially when you consider how many ninjas can die during a war, it just seems like the promotion process is a bit slow to make up the numbers
Things like exams and the likes seem to be an exercise for the peace time. The way Shikamaru was chosen as a Chuunin, it seems the qualification to be a Chuunin is based upon the ability to show good judgement rather than a display of strength. A strict selection process is most definitely required when a village wants to put the burden of its security and safety in the hands of few people who will most definitely be making a lot of choices and decisions. If a Chuunin turns out to be an imbecile, then having a boat-load of them don't really mean much. A village would rather have a few very good ones who are nit-picked after a thorough selection process, than having a lot of them who would flunk in capacity when the moment requires them to perform.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 02:38   Link #223
Kittycountess

Quote:
Things like exams and the likes seem to be an exercise for the peace time. The way Shikamaru was chosen as a Chuunin, it seems the qualification to be a Chuunin is based upon the ability to show good judgement rather than a display of strength. A strict selection process is most definitely required when a village wants to put the burden of its security and safety in the hands of few people who will most definitely be making a lot of choices and decisions. If a Chuunin turns out to be an imbecile, then having a boat-load of them don't really mean much. A village would rather have a few very good ones who are nit-picked after a thorough selection process, than having a lot of them who would flunk in capacity when the moment requires them to perform.
I completely agree with that. However what we see in the anime doesn't support this theory. If the selection process has always been this strict then we should have seen a lot more older genin in the village. We all saw the crowd that turned up at Naruto and Co.'s exam (even Naruto was surprised.) Why was Kabuto the eldest applicant then? If so many people fail every year shouldn't there be at least a few 20 something year old genin trying out for the umpteenth time to pass the exam? And if they had given up, shouldn't we be seeing them around as genin? Or does everyone who fails a few times give up being a ninja altogether?
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 03:05   Link #224
Slayerx

Quote:
well i understand that, but I guess the one thing that really bugs me about the chunin exam we saw is that there was alot of genin participating, many of which were older and having taken the exam before... it's rather hard to believe that only one out of ALL of them only ONE had the brains and brawn to be a chunin... ESPECIALLY, when you look out how quickly kohona's genin got promoted in the last 2.5 years... i guess this goes back to what Kittycountess was saying about messing with continuity... via plot device, the exam we saw was just harder or something... so i guess i understand now what she was saying

and it's not just the chunin exams, the genin graduation is also a little off... the genin allowed to pass is limited to 9, even if more then 9 are worthy
All of the students who past their test were split up into groups of 3 and paired with a jounin... At this time they were informed that only 9 students would become genin, the rest sent back... Each of the jounins judged their students to determine if they were worthy. Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai passed their students and we ended up with 9 genin... but what if a forth jounin passed their students as well? Since it was already asstablish that only 9 genin were allowed, 3 perfectly acceptable students are held back... this ofcourse seems to be a error in Kishi's writing; bascially, he should have just not have set that 9 genin limit, and just say that Asuma's, Kurenai's, and kakashi's students were the only ones who passed

At only 9 genin a year, that's about 90 grunts in 10 years(not counting those that die)... however, during a war, ninja die left and right, and number like 90 gets eaten up really fast... it's vague but i remember quite a few ninja dying during Oro's attack on kohona, and that attack was only one day...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 03:10   Link #225
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
I completely agree with that. However what we see in the anime doesn't support this theory. If the selection process has always been this strict then we should have seen a lot more older genin in the village. We all saw the crowd that turned up at Naruto and Co.'s exam (even Naruto was surprised.) Why was Kabuto the eldest applicant then? If so many people fail every year shouldn't there be at least a few 20 something year old genin trying out for the umpteenth time to pass the exam? And if they had given up, shouldn't we be seeing them around as genin? Or does everyone who fails a few times give up being a ninja altogether?
Good question, and my working theory is that these villages seem to get into war a lot. I mean, a lot. When an all out war breaks out, everyone is expected to fight regardless of one is a Genin or a Jounin. It's fair to assume that the rate of mortality would be a lot higher for a Genin than a Jounin because of the difference in skill. We even have a few example of this, i.e. Tsunade's brother died as a Genin in one of Konoha's many war. I think there was even a mention of how many of these casualties are lower class ninjas. Few of these Genin who would survive a war must be exceptional such as Kakashi. After war, a village starts over until the next war. Then, repeat cycle.

There is also this other point about the ordinary villagers who has ramen shops, or has flower shops, and all the other kind of ordinary people who makes up the village. From what we have seen, almost all children seem to attend this vocational school for ninja. It seems many of these children won't be able to go any further after they have become a Genin. After a certain amount of try, surely they have to give up and go toward alternate direction in life. That's probably one of the reason why we don't see any old Genin who is still trying to pass the Chuunin exam.

Btw, Kabuto wasn't the eldest applicant. There was a middle aged guy with a mustache who was also taking the Chuunin exam given by Morino Ibiki. I remember him because there was a fan-club for this guy. Wonder if there are still any member lurks around the board.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 03:11   Link #226
ReinhartX

haha i spotted a mistake there =x

Spoiler:
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 03:25   Link #227
SANITY

it was pretty good ep but didnt they skip a bit?
Old 2007-02-18, 03:26   Link #228
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
haha i spotted a mistake there =x

Spoiler:
No, there were only two bells to "make sure" at least one person would fail. (and it gives them the urge to not cooperate with each other)

As far as a mistake in the episode: I think when Sakura was speaking to Kakashi for the first time her lips didn't move. (but that's really no big deal)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 03:56   Link #229
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
What is the rating of Naruto Shippuden? Is it still geared towards the same age group as the original Naruto?
Of course they want to keep the fans the show has already gathered but I think they´re going to try to get older fans aswell with Naruto Shippuden. I would bet on the anime story getting more serious now than in Naruto.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 04:16   Link #230
S_C_L-1

During the chuunin exam arc, they DID say that there were alot more applicants than normal.

The sound guys were there under a pretext
The sand guys were there partially under pretext
Kabuto was there under pretext
Then you had 2 age groups of Konoha genin (from the teams that matter).

Then, take into consideration that most of the main/secondary characters in the exam were considered very young and inexperienced to be taking the exam (excluding Kabuto of course).
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 04:40   Link #231
kheldorin

I wonder how they are going to fit in Kakashi Gaiden now that they have started with the Naruto Arc.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 04:58   Link #232
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Wow.

That is the best word I can use to express my feeling. Ok, lets get down to business, firstly I would like to say I'm super late on this discussion hehe. Once again due to real life and world of warcraft x_x;. None the less, here I am and how great it is to be here to type up my feelings on an amazing episode of Naruto.

The opening bit, revelation of Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke, and the 2 "Unknown" Ninjas seen with them, honestly? I'm 50-50 on the thought of wither it belongs there or not, if it was too early or not. None the less it made everything else seem seriously epic and it did indeed fit perfectly with the flow of the rest of episode 001-002. I will agree with Rurik in terms of this being the second strongest point.

I loved the opening, the song was amazing, so upbeat I literally wanted to get up and dance. So many spoilers but, it did not matter to me because it was totally worth it. Everyone looks great I loved the part where Gaara turns to sand and gets blown away by the wind, the song was in sync it was perfect. (It almost sounded like Orange Range, the guys who did Asterisk and Thank You! from Bleach)

I really liked the Konohamaru and Co. bit, it was actually very nostalgic because it reminded me of an old Naruto episode when Naruto and Co. was doing the exact same thing. Funny because it was the same cat, and the same lady, and Konohamaru says the same thing Naruto did.

I liked all the little parts where they would leave the Anime sequence to reveal the "Key Word" like the bit where Sakura changes in to the traditional calligraphy clothing Kyaaa! Atsuiii! I totally loved the ending bit with Tsunade and Shizune, don’t know why but I thought Tsunade was seriously hot/cute at the same time o_o;, and then during the whole "Konoha Sightseeing Society!" >_> the Tsunade shot was great. *Cough* Moving on!

Aside from all the great new looks of everyone, notice how most of the guys are now much taller then their counterpart girl hmm ;o. The voices were done great, I didn’t have a problem with a single voice. There were fillers here and there, lines were changed here and there, things were added here and there, and stuff were moved around here and there.

None the less as a Manga reader, and as some one who has watched every Naruto filler and has all the episodes archived on DVD CD's. I still watched this episode 3 times back to back, and didn’t get tired of it and even though I knew/know what’s to come, because of the way they moved everything around, added things here and there, changed lines here and there, put things where they don’t belong it seemed like something that was totally new to me.

So all in all, I can still enjoy Naruto just as much as I would have (maybe even more) if I did or didn’t read the Manga. This episode literally surpassed my expectations, the music once again agreeing with Rurik being the most strongest point. It created this episode, the music made this episode what it was, the opening, the ending, and the preview and all in between. That is all I can say for now, because anything else that is to be said has already been done =) by the many fans of Naruto! (Hehe, they totally did too be continued at the best part, cant wait for the next episode.)

Last but not least, >-> Kira I stare at your avatar and sig for hours, seriously. @_@ It makes me want to glomp things. Mainly your avatar Kyaa~

Rating: 10/10
Old 2007-02-18, 05:52   Link #233
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
I wonder how they are going to fit in Kakashi Gaiden now that they have started with the Naruto Arc.
Maybe they´re aiming for it to be a DVD-release only?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 06:07   Link #234
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Maybe they´re aiming for it to be a DVD-release only?
If it were a movie, I would forgive the "mishaps" in the writing of part 2.

It would seriously kick ass.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 06:17   Link #235
danholo

I haven't watched Naruto since the fillers began and somehow, being spoiled by the manga, this didn't quite amaze me. I wonder why they put that in the beginning. I'll still be watching because it's nice to see the comic animated. But the animation, how the characters were drawn, was a little off from what I was used to.
danholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 09:33   Link #236
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

i liked the episodes but i think they should have went by the manga a little bit more. like habing tsunade out there when sakura re-meets nauto and when naruto and Sakura learn they must fight kakashi again. i think they should have heard that while on the street rather thenin the hokage's office. i dont know why it just seemed better
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 11:18   Link #237
Karnot
Banned

So, um, i cant find it now, but i saw a bit of info that TV2 will be only 8 episodes long.
If its really only 8 episodes - is it even worth it ?
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 11:58   Link #238
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Good question, and my working theory is that these villages seem to get into war a lot. I mean, a lot. When an all out war breaks out, everyone is expected to fight regardless of one is a Genin or a Jounin. It's fair to assume that the rate of mortality would be a lot higher for a Genin than a Jounin because of the difference in skill. We even have a few example of this, i.e. Tsunade's brother died as a Genin in one of Konoha's many war. I think there was even a mention of how many of these casualties are lower class ninjas. Few of these Genin who would survive a war must be exceptional such as Kakashi. After war, a village starts over until the next war. Then, repeat cycle.

I think right now there is no war ongoing, as the Chunin exam was created for this purpose, instead of Going to war, they created the Chunin exam for been a substitute of war, Sandaime explained this When the small Tournament after the forest of death was about to begin.

Also I think the Selection test are different for each time a chunin test is held, for instance, the Chunin test its held in different village (kind of an all star game) and the Examiner can be different in each test, as Ibiki test could only work in the firt try you take it, if you would had to take it again, you just need to do what Naruto did...Nothing!, So there could be test were the only thing you need to do to become a chunin is Pass a a endurance test, were at the end if your 3 man team succeed all of you become Chunin

Quote:
Btw, Kabuto wasn't the eldest applicant. There was a middle aged guy with a mustache who was also taking the Chuunin exam given by Morino Ibiki. I remember him because there was a fan-club for this guy. Wonder if there are still any member lurks around the board.
Who can Forget about that Genin??? And he wasn't even a anime filler, he was in the Manga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
So, um, i cant find it now, but i saw a bit of info that TV2 will be only 8 episodes long.
If its really only 8 episodes - is it even worth it ?
Thats info is incorrect.
Old 2007-02-18, 12:41   Link #239
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lmao 238 replies...Looks like all that filler hate has subsided and everythings back to normal (as the Naruto production staff knew they would be)...So basically they won^^, and all the "I'll never watch this show again!!" people were no doubt shoving those words back into their lip-guards...

Anyways this was a pretty good episode, yeah it dragged in spots but that's to be expected of a first episode of the new series...The first 5 minutes of the episode was beyond amazing...Sasuke (who I still hate), yet I was glad to see him again after what seemed to be a couple years now...Him entering Naruto's inner-self and joking around with 9-tails before he splattered him was some wicked stuff...Now he has the 3rd MS dot and I can only imagine what it took to get it since he didn't kill Naruto for it (so I imagine it's some artificial enhancement)...Hoping this encounter takes place soon and not take in essence 30-40 plus episodes to get to them finding Sasuke as that would suck...

I didn't expect that to be the overwehlming highlight of the episode, but it was as the rest of the episode chose to be more of a homely "welcome back" styled effort...Well I thought Naruto would look a little cooler, but he didn't blow me away or anything...I don't know, blue head-protector seems to look better than a brown one, meh...His body like most of the characters was a little bigger and the comparison scenes were really cute, but overall it just looked like everyone took a couple Flinstone-chewables and their chests widened a bit...Well Sakura's didn't that much...Unfortunatley she still is burdened with a couple of raisins when Tsunade and her assistant have womanley bodies, hehe...I honestly thought every young character would look asthetically different but to my dissapointment they didn't change that much to my liking (I mean everybody's hairdo stayed exactly the same, even in DBZ every character but Vegeta and Goku had a completley different look as the seasons progressed)...Maybe some of the characters we haven't seen will look less like a 2 ft taller, chest-widened version of there pre-Shippudden selves...Lets see some visual cosmetic changes!!

Thought Tsunade should have given Naruto a royal credit-up to chunnin too...Seems kinda lame for him to be a genin despite his lack of being there...I mean she knows his true powers and why he had to leave so give him an upgrade will ya...Anyways a pretty good first ep...I'll give it an 8 to start off and am looking forward to Kakashi getting postal this time when he plays the bell game with Sakura and Naruto...Also didn't mention the cool and creepy Akatsuki members--What was his hand-monster eating rice cakes?? O_o''

Well can't wait to get into the heart of this new season as the premise seems wide and vast right now (And did I mention the animation was incredible for the first time in so long), so join me fellow Naruto-haters who vowed never to watch this show again, haha...I'll save a seat for you^^!!
Old 2007-02-18, 12:47   Link #240
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

i agree considering even before the timeskip i think he should have been a chuunin. actually now that hes back i think they should just throw him into the jounin exams. i thnk he can handle them. KILL EM NARUTO!
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote