AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you rate this chapter of Bleach?
Matsumoto's!!! 9 14.29%
Kuukaku's!! 6 9.52%
Yoruichi's! 11 17.46%
Orihime's! 8 12.70%
Isane's! 6 9.52%
Nanao's! 3 4.76%
Nemu's! 1 1.59%
Rukia's! 19 30.16%
Tatsuki's! 0 0%
Yuzu's! 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-25, 14:56   Link #41
Lendial

i wonder who can accurately guess rukiax9 battle outcome
Old 2007-02-25, 16:03   Link #42
ThoHell

Esapada are power level based. They fall and rise in rank due to strength differences. Even if he is just subbing for an espada, he still has to be stronger than the non-espada. If the 9th espada took leave then Yami would be 9th and Kaien would be 10th but Kaien is 9th so pretty much mean he's tronger than Yami. No way in hell can Rukia beat him unless so twisted turn of event happens. I COULD BE WRONG, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works, unless Kaien isn't really ranked 9th.
Old 2007-02-25, 16:31   Link #43
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

You gotta love Gin, he's so creepy that even Ulq seems uncomfortable talking to him.

Rukia should lose here or more likely get saved by Ishida or Ichigo. Hitsugaya has the strongest ice zanpakuto and even that couldn't put a scratch on Yami. I don't see how Rukia's shikai is going to do much damage to Arroniro/Kaien who is ranked even higher than Yami.
Old 2007-02-25, 17:00   Link #44
shenzu

Has it been said Espada are clearly ranked by power (like what chap?)

and what if different Espada have different stats? Like Yammy has a really high defense than others while others have more speed?
Old 2007-02-25, 19:04   Link #45
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenzu View Post
Has it been said Espada are clearly ranked by power (like what chap?)

and what if different Espada have different stats? Like Yammy has a really high defense than others while others have more speed?

It was stated. I can't think of the chapter, but it was clearly stated that the Espada are ranked by strength (i think the ranking system is explained by Shawlong). As for different stats, It could be that the stats increase equally as the Espada grow stronger. So higher ranking Espada have higher speed, strength and defense. In the case of defense, it seems to be a matter of the amount of compacted reiatsu so characters with more reiatsu than Yami, are likely to have greater defense. We already know that Noitora can take a punch from Chad's left arm transformed and not be phased.
Old 2007-02-25, 22:15   Link #46
kagato3

oh and a minor nit pick on the poll it should go
Matsumoto's!!! 1
Kuukaku's!! 2
Orihime's! 3
Yoruichi's! 4
Nemu's! 5
Isane's! 7
Tatsuki's! 8
Nanao's! 10
Rukia's! 13
Yuzu's! Not on it
based on the infamous BBC(bleach bust chart)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2007-02-25 at 23:03.
Old 2007-02-25, 22:18   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Nuuuuuuuuu Rangiku Isane or Kuukaku . I given pictographic evidence to back this statement up earlier
Old 2007-02-25, 22:19   Link #48
Melodymix
Ying Yang

There also might be a possibility they both get distracted by something and turn their attention to that instead of fighting each other. But that would be a gay twist.

Is it possible to gain Bankai while fighting?
Old 2007-02-25, 22:25   Link #49
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

So far in the series only Ichigo has upgraded in middle of a fight . Ichigo gained shikai during his fight with Zaraki .. But that was one off so most likely no . Gaining Bankai is the first step the real powerup lies in mastering Bankai or Bankai control .
Old 2007-02-25, 23:25   Link #50
Blaster

Using Shikai doesn't mean Rukia will lose. Well, Aizen used Shikai and pwn Hitsu with it. Zaraki used Shikai and pwned 2 captains with Bankai.

I would prefer to see Rukia using Shikai to outsmart Kaien/Espada and fully show what her Shikai can do. I'm sure it is not just limited to 1 skill only. Even if it has only one skill, I would still want to see Rukia do something creative with it. The series seem to be going in a bankai + reiastu + powerup = ownage. Another alternative is to fight using Kidou. We haven't seen much of those.
Old 2007-02-26, 00:04   Link #51
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Using Shikai doesn't mean Rukia will lose. Well, Aizen used Shikai and pwn Hitsu with it. Zaraki used Shikai and pwned 2 captains with Bankai.

I would prefer to see Rukia using Shikai to outsmart Kaien/Espada and fully show what her Shikai can do. I'm sure it is not just limited to 1 skill only. Even if it has only one skill, I would still want to see Rukia do something creative with it. The series seem to be going in a bankai + reiastu + powerup = ownage. Another alternative is to fight using Kidou. We haven't seen much of those.
It's still unlikely since Aizen is a beast with 2x normal captain-lvl reiatsu and one of the most powerful shikai abilities known. Zaraki only owned 1 captain's bankai, also has a huge amount of reiatsu and specializes in fighting purely with hand-to-hand combat. Rukia seems barely VC level with maybe average swordsmanship and above-average kidou. Her ice attacks should be useless if Yami, the weakest espada, could shrug off an attack from Hitsu (who has the strongest ice attacks). Rukia's kidou is good, but it would probably take a 90's lvl spell to defeat an Espada. Even Aizen has a hard time performing kidou perfectly at that level.
Old 2007-02-26, 00:08   Link #52
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Adding to what Kyu said : Shikai/Bankai are major power-ups of Season 1 . In season 2 the major power up is Hyrbridisation .
Old 2007-02-26, 00:48   Link #53
evenex

Actually isn't Rukia strong so she can have a seat in the 13th Squad but Byakuya wouldn't allow them to since it'll put her in more danger?
Old 2007-02-26, 00:56   Link #54
Lendial

i honestly hope there isnt some unreasonable plot device (cough sewing needle) to justify a win/powerup. but imagine how awesome itd be if she won(by a sliver) using wits/shikai/kidou and clever tactics.
Old 2007-02-26, 01:10   Link #55
kagato3

Rukia is fairly strong and my guess is that she is likely at least VC level and could be near Renji in power, but we have yet to see anything that points to her as being ready for bankai or at the lower captain level in terms of power. That being said we still don't have a clear way of judging the power levels of espada's 10-7, Ichigo was trashing Yami easily with his bankai. If Lupi was a promoted ex esparda then that might mean that 7 - 10 are all weaker then him which puts their power at about normal captian level or below when they are unreleased. I'm realy begining to think that by the end of this arc Chad will fight and beat Yami, Rukia will defeat #9, Renji will defeat #8, and of course Ichigo will take out Grim leaveing #7 to Ishida, which seems to line up with what currently is everyones power ranking in the hero's group.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-02-26, 01:31   Link #56
Shortysdohdoh
外人

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortysdohdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
So Ulquoirra and Inoue is lonely, wonder if they're going to form some kind of bond and Ulquoirra will will help her escape or something.... He isn't that cold hearted for the change to occur, he's actually quite rational.
Orihime backhanded him, and he took it. Looked to me like he almost regretted what he said. I have a feeling Ulq is going to help them without making it seem so.

Maybe it's just me, but the way Ulq is drawn; the lines down his eyes (i don't think it's a coincidence) - it gives him an image. Yeah he's bad ass, but it gives him more of a mysterious personality imo. Almost like a sadness or something unsaid about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
2) rukia gains infinite powerups like bankai, vaizard, saiyan, super saiyan, death note.... ok out of topic.
lol. super saiyin rukia with bleached hair O.o! she could pass for ichigo's twin sister
Old 2007-02-26, 01:53   Link #57
S_C_L-1

When Rukia and Inoue were training together, she must've leveled up at least a bit.

I'd love it if she became the dedicated kidou user of the group. Kidou was really hyped up at the end of the SS arc, but we haven't seen anything new in that area since...
Old 2007-02-26, 01:56   Link #58
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Her Zanapkuto Sode No Shiryuki is also Kido based so her kido must be good to begin with .
Old 2007-02-26, 02:01   Link #59
shenzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
When Rukia and Inoue were training together, she must've leveled up at least a bit.

I'd love it if she became the dedicated kidou user of the group. Kidou was really hyped up at the end of the SS arc, but we haven't seen anything new in that area since...
Yeah she could be like the Kido mascot- shedding light to the other Kidou out there besides the very commonly used Hadou no. 33 (Sokatsui).

If Kubo makes her utilise other Kidou well, she may gain upper hand using those tactics.
Old 2007-02-26, 04:00   Link #60
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
but imagine how awesome itd be if she won(by a sliver) using wits/shikai/kidou and clever tactics.
This is exactly what I'd like to see. There's a depressing lack of tactics and kidou in the fights nowadays.
Closed Thread