Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-16, 01:40   Link #321
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
There are short spoilers up to episode six when I last looked at the website.

Spoiler for episode 4 and onwards:

Thats a rough and short understanding from a rough translation.

I think the show is interesting. I would really like to see how the silver tribe will really react to Age's wild like behaviour. Will they be arrogant and brush it off as they will expect any other race to be primative and below them or will the princess have him somewhat better trained by then. Unlikely I suppose.
The princess isnt from the Silver Tribe, she's from the Iron Tribe, though i agree it'll be interesting to see how both the 4 other nodoss in silver tribe hosts, and the rest of the humans handle him. I doubt he'll change much, or atleast i hope not. Changes should be slow, not one episode wild man, next dinner at the gentlemans club >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 02:22   Link #322
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
1 on 1 human beats bug, but it seems more like 50k bugs for every 1 human >.< when its those odds even the weak will win heheh.
They're referred to as 'ants' - and if you know that on Earth, the total number of ants is by far greater than the overall population of living humans and that the combined weight of all those ants surpasses that of all human beings, then you already know why the Iron Tribe is in deep shit, especially when those insects are now the size of a house. Not to mention that the Silvers are conning the Bronzes on the sidelines, adding more chaos to this giant hoopla.
Quote:
That sais, if the battles take a back seat and the show becomes more about acceptance between Age and the humans, i think it could be a really good show. There have been a few glimers.
Well, the series compositor (Tou Ubukata) happen to be the scenarist behind Soukyuu no Fafner, which had a mother lode of angst and a good story. If he does get as much say in this as he had in Fafner (anyway, the staff is the same, so either him or someone else), then we'll be in for quite a ride. So far Heroic Age seems more optimistic than SnF...but one never knows when Murphy's Law will strike...and strike hard. It did quite a few (painful) times in SnF but HA seems to have less characters to write off IMO...besides, I'm not sure XEBEC will try to reimprint SnF vibes on HA...they might try something new with a completely different atmosphere and philosophical outlook.
Quote:
Somthing ive been thinking over though is that in the first ep and the begining of the second, they refer to Belcross as the last Nodos. And in the first ep they say he's the last of the Hero Tribe. So why is one of the labours to fight and kill the hero tribe? Even in the op they show Age fighting other Nodos.
He's the last Nodos to be found, yes...as Belcross has been listed MIA for a long time. As the other Nodoses are controlled by the Silver Tribe, it's pretty much impossible to free them now, as the Golds/Gods have left this universe for another. If they are freed, then there's a high chance they'll go on a rampage like before, which means that they should be killed to prevent another interstellar war. If they remain subjected to their hosts' will, then there is no chance making peace with them as the Silvers are in war against humans. As such, the only way to get them out of the way is to kill them along with their hosts.
No matter what happens, they're slated for execution as they're too dangerous to be left around (from the humans' point of view), either shackled or free.
Quote:
My only hope is the B-I keep releasing, YM is good for a quick fix, but occassionally their translation leaves a lot to be desired lol and only they and B-I have picked it up.
Y-M is only for people who want to get subs ASAP - they aren't as serious and perfectionists as B-I, whose members only do it to hone their skills (and, btw, B-I has only two members + one (kodachrome) on the sidelines). They also often make intentional jokes with the translations...if you've watched Code Geass, there were a few puns here and there in their subs, too.
Quote:
That said i wounder if any of the team working on the show had anything to do with Seed or Destiny, since i noticed some of the characters resemble those in gundam aswell, could be deliberate, sort oif a parody type thing. Or just coincidence
The only common point between GS and HA is the character designer, who happens to be Hisashi Hirai. He also drew designs for S-cry-ed, Gin-iro no Olynssis, Infinite Ryvius, Soukyuu no Fafner, Dancougar and worked as animation director for some other series. He is famous for his easily recognizable designs but lately people have been bashing him as the characters' faces seem 'copy and paste' - very little variation to see.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-04-16 at 02:34.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 04:45   Link #323
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Also, there's one shot of the Argonaut shooting beams...did they rip off the Geschmeidig Panzer from GS and GSD? T_T How can they bend?
No. they ripped off Gunbuster, circa. 1988.

Via Gravity projected Lens.

HOOOOMMMMMMIINNNNGGG LAAAAASSSEEERRR!!

do-do-dooo-do-dooo!

*trillions of Space monsters winkle out across the horizon*

HOMAGE HOMAGE!
Old 2007-04-16, 08:04   Link #324
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2.

Ok, that was better than the first ep, but the big problem I still have with this show is that all the characters are boring except Age. And, let's face it, he's not exactly the most intelligent character anime has ever seen. If we never see the Bronze Tribe again then that will be the first step towards this being a good series. Faceless antagonists are the absolute most inane force to fight against, particularly when the goal is survival and nothing else, and it'd make for a pretty boring story (and repetitive) if they just continued to fight them over and over throughout this story. Looks like the next antagonists in the Silver Tribe will actually resemble something human, which is a start to creating a somewhat interesting antagonist (although still a long way off reaching that).

Some of the art and animation in this series is just amazing, though. I really dug that scene early in the ep with the rising sun and the way they used the light and shadow (as well as some other cool visual effects) to play with the characters and whatnot. It created an air that I don't think I've seen in anime all to often (at least recently anyway). Kudos to XEBEC for that.

Overall verdict: needs better characterizations and needs a little work on its plot to somehow invent some drama, but it has plenty of time to turn things around and I'm a little more optimistic that it can do so than I was after the first ep.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 08:28   Link #325
Lost

//edit: ^ Yep, yep, that scene got me too!

Woo~ Episode 2. I have to say that the opening of this episode (no not the OP, but the first few minutes into the episode after the OP) was awesomely moving. A suitably sweeping and moving bgm accompanying scenes of the defeated remnants of the ants amid a sunset over the devastated ship; all in the backdrop of the focus, a shocked, disbelieving and grieving Age. It was great. Same with the scene in the vegetable garden, where he could hardly contain his tears. I wonder if they were out of joy; or more out of the painful remembrance of his mother. //Agreed with Sorrow where Age is the really the most outstanding character so far - but I think that the other characters are slowly catching up, Sorrow; we saw some development with Aeolus; and with Dei-something Princess in bed, so I hope they won't be so "boring" in the following episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Not sure i agree, according to B-I's interpretation, it reads more like that Age is the king, and the only king. The rest of them arent allowed to become one. I interpreted that as cant become a king.[/spoiler]
No. Actually, if the 12 Labours were set out by the humans, it would make sense if the contract is actually "talking" to Age. Actually, I'm confused by B-I's rendition of the 12 Labours. They use the word "contractor", which according to http://dictionary.cambridge.org/ means:
Quote:
a person or company that arranges to supply materials or workers for building or for moving goods
With this definition in mind, B-I's rendition, "(1) Treat your Contractor as your King" would seem to imply that the one providing the service, Age, is King.

However I disagree with this. I think that Age, like Heracles, is subject to the conditions in the Labours - basically, those Labours are speaking to him. Thus I take "not become King" meaning that Age can never assume power/rulership in the Iron Race. Dei-whatever princess herself says that Age knows that he has to fulfil those labours; shouldn't then those 12 conditions be specifically applying to him? One other clause supports the above: (11) To not escape or die. That has to be referring to one person; Age. And the last (well, not really labour) condition is that the Iron tribe will make "one contractor's wish come true." I take that to mean the contractor’s one wish. Which then again goes against itself because B-I seems to be using contractor in two different capacities/meanings. First “your” contractor must be treated as king, “you” can never be king, and then the contractor can have one wish from the humans after said contractor has fulfilled the labours – do you see how this one word seems to be used in 2 different ways for 2 different things? Either I'm lost and horribly wrong; or B-I needs an editor.

Also who would the “binding party” (Labour 10) be? The humans; or the Golden Race?

About the rest of the labours, it's rather disturbing that it's actually promoting Human supremacy; but that's not what's wrong - It's the fact that it's doing so in the face of Xenocide. In any case, I feel that in the end, nothing good will come out of the twelve labours, for humans inherently overstep their bounds – as this screen from episode 2 should tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
EDIT: ep2 by [Bruised-Ichigo] is up. However, as the staff is made of only two people (perfectionists, btw), we should do well not to urge them to speed it up. There was quite a...passionate speech at their site/blog about what it was to be a fansubber aspiring to learn and get experience, only to receive boredom, impatience and annoyance, especially when dealing with overenthusiastic/demanding leechers...
Yeah, I read that with some surprise - it was troubling, and made me feel for the writer; alerith, I think it was. Then again, welcome to the real world, fansubbing is a dirty job. I sincerely thank them for their efforts, but it kind of distresses me that they are only doing HA for their own practice.
Quote:
B-I noted that their initial translation was in error. Not that they seem to have a whole lotta errors in their work... I appreciate perfectionism.
Wrong, I spotted 2 obvious errors in episode 2; an "of" spelled "fo" and an "I'll" with 3 Ls. That is not perfectionism.

Last edited by Lost; 2007-04-16 at 11:06.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 09:28   Link #326
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Yeah, I read that with some surprise - it was troubling, and made me feel for the writer; alerith, I think it was. Then again, welcome to the real world, fansubbing is a dirty job. I sincerely thank them for their efforts, but it kind of distresses me that they are only doing HA for their own practice.
Leechers are a pain in the ass, it's not a news. Not for nothing in almost evrey irc channel there is the advice "Asking when the next episode will be out = BAN!". So it isn't the case to put on such a melodramatic show in their blog: they also refers to Your-Mon by indirectly saying that they don't want a sub-war and such. Who asked you to do that I wonder...
I mean: release the fansub when it's ready and ban evrey single leecher who asks for new version. It's quite simple: so stop this ridicolus drama show.

Quote:
Wrong, I spotted 2 obvious errors in episode 2; an "of" spelled "fo" and an "I'll" with 3 Ls. That is not perfectionism.
In fact: don't show off your perfectionism in your blog and then you make such idiotic errors. I mean they aren't a big deal and I don't mind them, but at least don't show off for something which isn't real.

I hope another group takes the show, like Shinsen-Subs so I can download Your-MoM speed-subs for the quick fix and the Shinsen-Subs for the collection, saying bye bye to B-I one times and for all.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 09:42   Link #327
Lost

Heh, can't blame him (the guy who wrote the blog post). He came into fansubbing with rather high expectations and got disappointed - so he was understandably quite bitter in that post. I don't think it's melodrama for the sake of it.
Old 2007-04-16, 09:59   Link #328
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Heh, can't blame him (the guy who wrote the blog post). He came into fansubbing with rather high expectations and got disappointed - so he was understandably quite bitter in that post. I don't think it's melodrama for the sake of it.
I know but the fansub community is like this... live with it or don't fansub, it's quite a simple problem!
Old 2007-04-16, 10:17   Link #329
Soulfang
Inactive Member

@Lost: The "translation" we used for the Labors was XEBEC's official English translation, save a couple of edits for grammar and so it matched up to the terminology we're using. It matched what the Japanese said, so any qualms, argue it with them.

@the people who are making too big a deal out of the current state of affairs: Honestly, I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this, but as far as the "perfectionism" mentioned in the news post is concerned, I can't speak for him, but I believe alerith was referring to translation. A couple of typos isn't a reason to waste people's bandwidth with a v2. Serious translation errors or missing lines, however, are, hence our v2 for Cazador to fix that line that got skipped over in the second translation pass. I apologize if my standards for what deserves a corrected release don't line up with yours, but keep in mind professional R1 releases have typos and errors too (and they're getting paid!)...

At any rate, we've been planning from the beginning to do a "final release" with DVD sources, so if you can't deal with minor errors and terminology changes that are inevitable as things are clarified and officially named, wait until then to watch Heroic Age. We're doing the best we can with the resources and time that we have to work on this show (alerith and I are both busy students with finals coming up), and I'm extremely appreciative of any feedback we get, positive or constructively negative.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 10:37   Link #330
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang View Post
@Lost: The "translation" we used for the Labors was XEBEC's official English translation, save a couple of edits for grammar and so it matched up to the terminology we're using. It matched what the Japanese said, so any qualms, argue it with them.
Hmm, I'm sorry, I dont get that. I would have thought you would translate it directly from what Dei-thingy Princess herself says.

Quote:
@the people who are making too big a deal out of the current state of affairs: I apologize if my standards for what deserves a corrected release don't line up with yours, but keep in mind professional R1 releases have typos and errors too (and they're getting paid!)...
Nobody here is asking for a re-release. In any case, thanks again for the work you are putting in this.
Old 2007-04-16, 11:03   Link #331
Rarity

I am confused by the contract as well. Perhaps the parties to the contract are meant to be somewhat ambiguous at this point.

It makes the most sense to me at this point (after ep 2) that the contract is between the Golden Tribe and Bellacross, as some sort of penance. Age is along for the ride to a greater or lesser degree (this is where we might get the conflict in the story). There seems to be genuine affection/tenderness between Age and Bellacross.

Also, it seems possible that the contract's provisions according to the humans are different than the provisions according to Age and Bellacross. The contract was said to be given to the humans in a message from the Golden Tribe -- the form of that message is unknown at this point. Maybe the humans got the message all wrong. Maybe they are just bystanders to the contract in any event.

I'm also interested in the form of the call to action from the Golden Tribe. Am I correct in thinking that the Iron Tribe answered its own call to insterstellar flight, rather than the call of the Golden Tribe? In any event, the Iron Tribe's call/answer is different in this respect from the other tribes. This difference seems important -- perhaps the Iron Tribe is favored by the Golden Tribe.
Rarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:13   Link #332
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Here's a thought... do you think we'll see the Golden Tribe again during the course of the series, or will they only be present as a past-tense catalyst for the current conflict? I know they're gone now, but I can't help imagining a "this multiverse ain't big enough for the two of us" sort of scenario. Oh dear.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:26   Link #333
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Here's a thought... do you think we'll see the Golden Tribe again during the course of the series, or will they only be present as a past-tense catalyst for the current conflict? I know they're gone now, but I can't help imagining a "this multiverse ain't big enough for the two of us" sort of scenario. Oh dear.
Just go to play StarCraft, it's really not that hard to predict where the plot is going to.

- Golden Tribe favors humanity because they came to the universe by their own will and powers.
- The contract won’t be fulfilled as Age himself said the real will of the universe was for the Tribes to actually coexist with each other.
- A Nodos will betray the Silver Tribe and become the OverMind for the Bronze Tribe.
- Golden Tribe didn’t want for the Tribes to kill each other, their objective was to create the perfect ecosystem or at least something along those lines; things backfired on them and saw humanity as the opportunity to fix things.
- Nearing the final stage their conflict will be revealed to be insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe, a new Tribe will appear.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:30   Link #334
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
At any rate, we've been planning from the beginning to do a "final release" with DVD sources, so if you can't deal with minor errors and terminology changes that are inevitable as things are clarified and officially named, wait until then to watch Heroic Age. We're doing the best we can with the resources and time that we have to work on this show (alerith and I are both busy students with finals coming up), and I'm extremely appreciative of any feedback we get, positive or constructively negative.
I'm quite harsh sometimes, but I don't mean any bad things: I really like your subs but you're giving too much credit to leechers. If they come in channel asking "when will the next episode be subbed" ban them and stop. Regarding the grammar issue: you can softsub it so you can put online only the corrected script...
Old 2007-04-16, 11:49   Link #335
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
That's a good question and one I'm wondering about too. I doubt they will - looks like they have left for good. But who knows.
Old 2007-04-16, 12:07   Link #336
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Just go to play StarCraft, it's really not that hard to predict where the plot is going to.

- Golden Tribe favors humanity because they came to the universe by their own will and powers.
- The contract won’t be fulfilled as Age himself said the real will of the universe was for the Tribes to actually coexist with each other.
- A Nodos will betray the Silver Tribe and become the OverMind for the Bronze Tribe.
- Golden Tribe didn’t want for the Tribes to kill each other, their objective was to create the perfect ecosystem or at least something along those lines; things backfired on them and saw humanity as the opportunity to fix things.
- Nearing the final stage their conflict will be revealed to be insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe, a new Tribe will appear.
Heh, I'll be keeping tabs on these points over the course of the series.

IIRC Starcraft was really big in Korea, but did it ever achieve the same kind of popularity in Japan?
Old 2007-04-16, 13:45   Link #337
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Watch Ep3 last night

Not a bad ep but not great either.

Just want to say I WANT MY FANSERVICE BACk.

you got 2 cute twin girls showing with a guy and they are both in a one piece swim suit where is the fanservice

Also one of the poster said that Age is not that intelligent, i would disagree with that assessment. I think Age while not a genius is ignorant of human civilization but he is no dummy. And probably smarter then the crew or most viewer gives him credit for.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-04-16 at 14:19.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 14:15   Link #338
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Just want to say I WANT MY FANSERVICE BACk.
They sure save this for a possible DVD release
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 14:58   Link #339
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Right. Teil and Meil will be naked in the shower on the DVD. Right. Dream on. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 15:37   Link #340
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Haha. That was already more (male-oriented) fanservice than we got in the entirety of Fafner. Just be glad that XEBEC lavished so much attention on their butts.

Tags
action, science fiction