AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 21:34   Link #9561
Eratas123

@ Rain - I hope he doesn't try to attack Irish It'd look really bad for him since Irish is injured so it looks like he's beating up a cripple.

But if some students attack him (ultra-feminists) would he just let them?
Old 2011-11-25, 21:35   Link #9562
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
It shouldn't be too hard to get enough data for some experimental reverse engineering...right?
If only it was true (reverse engineering meant you have to DISSECT a functional unit, that's what happen in Cold War)... This is why Dunois sent Charles as mole, to get data directly from ByakuShiki. You can't just recreate a feat based on spec.

Again, your choice
Old 2011-11-25, 21:36   Link #9563
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: No, Kyuukai would fight back. But with non lethal force.

If the girls try to pull lethal force or try to maim him, he'll definitely prove that not only women can kick ass in the IS world.

Speaking of which, do the ultra-feminist types in your story hate FRACTURE?
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:37   Link #9564
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - You need more than just pictures. Blueprints, data, creator plans, and other things are needed.

@ Rain - I meant if they attacked Irish, would he just let them?

No, they don't. Kyuukai and FRACTURE's famous, he's excused in their jilted point of view. Irish is just some random guy (they think) and has no IS gear unlike the other two, they find his presence in ISA unwelcome. That's why they do an epic face plant when he disables an Uchigane unit.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:38   Link #9565
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What kind of data are we talking about?

EDIT: It just occured to me. Isn't the AIC derived from the IS PIC? and all IS have PIC? If I follow this train of thought then I can have another source for AIA?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:41   Link #9566
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ demino_hellsin - You need more than just pictures. Blueprints, data, creator plans, and other things are needed.
Of which Char managed to get a blueprint of ByakuShiki upgrade plan in "Sacred Twins", the thing is, ByakuSHiki EXPLODE in a fight with Laura and Ichika has to use an I.S. frame made from cobbled part of Uchigane, Kurogane, and ShiroKishi (named Shirogane) in the tournament, though he use the same core....
Old 2011-11-25, 21:42   Link #9567
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I doubt Irish would let them, from what I know about his character. If someone pushes him, I'm betting he'll push back.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:43   Link #9568
Eratas123

@ Rain - Hence why manages to disable the Uchigane. I meant if Kyuukaisees it happen, would he just stay behind and watch?
Old 2011-11-25, 21:46   Link #9569
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: If you mean that Kyuukai interferes with the "fight", then he won't.

But if Irish is in mortal peril, then probably he'd step in. Otherwise, he'd just linger back and watch.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:50   Link #9570
Eratas123

@ Rain - Okay, that shows some character flaws like pettiness Of course, by not interfering with the fight in the first place, Irish manages to nearly critically wound his attacker. The Chifuyu would yell at him for letting his biases stop either from getting hurt.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:54   Link #9571
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I think Kyuukai would intervene as soon as Irish shows some lethal intent or nearly critically wounds the attacker.

He'd be the one to subdue Irish at that point. I don't think it counts as pettiness when the guy in question nearly killed him and tried to do the same to his mother.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:59   Link #9572
Eratas123

@ Rain - Both of them get critically injured. She manages to beat him first, as Kyuukai goes to intervene Irish manages to do a last move that also injures the attacker. The point is, if he let his biases go and stopped it from the beggining, neither would be where they were now.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:03   Link #9573
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: And as I say again, that makes sense.

Kyuukai can be conflicted between administering medical aid to Irish or the girl.

If he chooses to help the girl, command will backlash at him for not assisting a priority target. His mom will have told him it was the right choice, and he still would get some relief from Chifuyu's wrath.

If he chooses to help Irish, command will find some way to justify his decision. His mother wouldn't be proud of him. Chifuyu would go full force on him.

But it's all up to you. It's in Kyuukai's character though to go help the girl.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:11   Link #9574
Eratas123

@ Rain - Tabane wouldn't say he made the right choice since THE GIRL ATTACKED FIRST! Essentially, he chose to make who he would help based on gender and not on who was at fault.

Chifuyu doesn't care who he helps first. She gets mad at him because he was there when the fight started, but didn't do anything to try and stop it. All he had to say to the girl was to back off but he just stood back and observed.

Also, neither of them are going to die since both have the skull suit/absolute defense with them. Command really wouldn't care that much since involving themselves would be bad.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:13   Link #9575
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Never mind then.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:16   Link #9576
Eratas123

@ Rain - Sorry, I should probably just drop it or nix Kyuukai's involvement. He's your character, I need your approval for everything I have to do with him.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:18   Link #9577
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

You can still have the scene happen, and Kyuukai can get the butt end of the stick for now. He'd get a talking to by Chifuyu and Tabane though.

And possibly at the same time.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:22   Link #9578
Eratas123

@ Rain - I want to show all the protags as flawed people who make mistakes, sorry if this offends you, I didn't mean to.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:28   Link #9579
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: No, it doesn't. Every character has their flaws.

Makes them less sue-y or stu-y.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:34   Link #9580
Eratas123

@'Rain - The overarching one is their inability to let go of their past.

Ichika - Feels he should be a good pilot and help people for getting himself kidnapped and costing Chifuyu the Mondo Grosso tournament.

Kyuukai - Feels that he should keep fighting to honor the dad who sacrificed everything for him and died for the people he wanted to save.

Irish - His hatred of the IS for Allen's death and what made him lose his will to live. Also the reason he chose to join the group and looks at the world negatively.

All of them learn to let go and move on througout the story and to live for themselves, not what they think is expected of them.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest