AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 16:51   Link #2841
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
A scene that goes against your interpretation is a fluke? You're being a bit selective with your evidence aren't you At least consider the possibility that we don't know enough about this. Also, this was Lulu's first death. Maybe the first time a Geass user dies and his Code activates, it takes longer.
Because it's ONE scene that happened in the beginning of the first season and every single other scene in the series has shown immortals come back within moments. Yes, that seems more like a fluke to me. And I'll point to Charles' "death" as proof against your second point.

I'm not saying it's impossible that he is alive, but I certainly think it's highly improbable and most evidence seems to point against it. But they did leave us with those final words of C.C., which are ambiguous. *shrugs* For me, the evidence seems to lean more towards him being dead though.
Old 2008-09-28, 16:55   Link #2842
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Any one referenced what Lulu said to C.C? About the Witch and Wizard statement? Still think that is true?
HayashiMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:00   Link #2843
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
More or less what Krimson said. If the writers are going to make the ending purposefully ambiguous, I have no problem taking them up on the offer and interpreting the details as I see fit.

I understand a lot of people don't feel comfortable with that, that they need an "official" ending from the creators...I mean I used to feel that way often too. But at this point in my anime viewing hobby, again, If they're going to introduce ambiguity with the last line in the show, and also introduce details that allow me to easily construct an explanation for said ambiguous last line that involves Lelouch living, then I'll do just that, because that's my personal preference. I choose to make my viewing experience as fulfilling and entertaining as possible when given the option by the show itself. (And you know what? I'm thrilled, since for me this was like the end of episode 21 all over again, insofar as that immortal Lelouch x C.C. end has always been one of those insane fanboy dreams that's been sitting at the back of my head, just like Lelouch becomes god Emperor, and Lelouch and Suzaku team up. And they did it)

Of course I'm not trying to force that view of the ending on anyone else, since an ending like this is all about personal interpretation. Those just happen to be my thoughts on the matter.
I chose to do the same thing ^^. SInce they gave me the choice, I chose the way that entertains me the most. I don't know what to add. You already said what I wanted to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Because it's ONE scene that happened in the beginning of the first season and every single other scene in the series has shown immortals come back within moments. Yes, that seems more like a fluke to me. And I'll point to Charles' "death" as proof against your second point.

I'm not saying it's impossible that he is alive, but I certainly think it's highly improbable and most evidence seems to point against it. But they did leave us with those final words of C.C., which are ambiguous. *shrugs* For me, the evidence seems to lean more towards him being dead though.
You know, I can also argue about that cart driver (if it annoys you, i'm sorry). If they really wanted us to not make assumption about it, why did they cover his face like that. Why did they do a close up on his left side without showing his face etc.

same about nunnaly supposed new psychic powers.

They did that on purpose, so the people can choose what they prefer to believe.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:03   Link #2844
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Hmm, it takes more courage to live than die...
Wishful thinking, Lelouch may strike back when Sunrise needs him.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:03   Link #2845
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

What does that have to do with anything o,o? That they'll be partners forever?

Hm..
aznegglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:04   Link #2846
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Hmm, it takes more courage to live than die...
Wishful thinking, Lelouch may strike back when Sunrise needs him.
Geass Wars: Lelouch Strikes Back
Old 2008-09-28, 17:05   Link #2847
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Geass Wars: Lelouch Strikes Back
So yeah, now I call on an universal CG merchandise boycott~
Sunrise will know what to do.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:06   Link #2848
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznegglover View Post
What does that have to do with anything o,o? That they'll be partners forever?

Hm..
Are you trying to quote me? If you are probably which makes it true that lulu didnt die, and he is gonna live with C.C for ever.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:07   Link #2849
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiMugen View Post
Are you trying to quote me? If you are probably which makes it true that lulu didnt die, and he is gonna live with C.C for ever.
Yea, I'm too lazy to quote :P

Yea that's what my train of thought went with while typing up a response
Old 2008-09-28, 17:08   Link #2850
zalem

From what little we can see of the cart driver, I would say it doesn't look like Lelouch. The shape of the face is totally nothing like his. So that's not strong evidence for me.

Believe me I am torn. As a Lelouch fan it's tempting to want him to be alive, but to me the evidence is against it. If it was more clear cut I'd accept it.

And then I still feel the emotional impact of the episode is taken away if he is alive. It's like GSD bringing back Mwu. That totally ruined the impact of GS episode 49. I see it as the same thing here. But on the other hand, I adore his character (much, much more than I liked Mwu) so part of me would like to see him happy and running around with C.C., even if it does take away from the drama of the episode. But I guess I want more concrete evidence of him being alive if that's the case. Because all the signs seem to say otherwise.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:09   Link #2851
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

My interpretation of C.C. last lines were that she told him he was still cherished by his precious people (Suza, Nunna, Kallen etc), although the power of king was supposed to make him alone.
It could be either directed at the soul in C no sekai, to the farmer, or just C.C. talking to hersefl.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:12   Link #2852
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
My interpretation of C.C. last lines were that she told him he was still cherished by his precious people (Suza, Nunna, Kallen etc), although the power of king was supposed to make him alone.
It could be either directed at the soul in C no sekai, to the farmer, or just C.C. talking to hersefl.
Yup.. they leave it to your imagination..

until we get a confirmation or whatever.. which I think we will..
Old 2008-09-28, 17:12   Link #2853
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
From what little we can see of the cart driver, I would say it doesn't look like Lelouch. The shape of the face is totally nothing like his. So that's not strong evidence for me.
In my raw it gives the impression that he wears a mask. The base of his neck has not the same color has his "face". maybe because of the hat though
Old 2008-09-28, 17:12   Link #2854
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Quote:

Believe me I am torn. As a Lelouch fan it's tempting to want him to be alive, but to me the evidence is against it. If it was more clear cut I'd accept it.

And then I still feel the emotional impact of the episode is taken away if he is alive. It's like GSD bringing back Mwu. That totally ruined the impact of GS episode 49. I see it as the same thing here. But on the other hand, I adore his character (much, much more than I liked Mwu) so part of me would like to see him happy and running around with C.C., even if it does take away from the drama of the episode. But I guess I want more concrete evidence of him being alive if that's the case. Because all the signs seem to say otherwise.

No offense you shouldn't think like that. Because in various animations if a character is far away there face if not proportionally drawn.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:13   Link #2855
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Assuming the same thing happened to Charles, it took him all of five minutes to wake up. So no.
Whose to say really, if they wanted to make it last longer in this case I think that entirely possible given how little we know about Geass and Code transfers. But I put more stock into some peculiar puzzles that leave things a bit unresolved in that department, thus I will construe what I think the picture if telling me until they clear it up definitively
Old 2008-09-28, 17:13   Link #2856
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

Why does the left side matter o-o?

Either way, the face is too skinny
Old 2008-09-28, 18:08   Link #2857
Theron
Professional Lurker

Guys, guys I just got this crazyest idea!

Let’s say Lelouch did have Charles’s Code. Let’s also say he died, but resurrected after some time. Let’s even say that's he’s there with C.C. That all means that he's now one of Geass Givers thus he has to have a different name like C.C. and V.V. So I was thinking that he could have something like L.L. => R.R. in Japanese spelling and R.R. = R2.

It's a long shot, but such a cool one.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:30   Link #2858
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

If Lelouch is alive, so is Rolo

Think about it! His eyes only closed and his head lolled to the side, yea, but EVERYONE does that when they FALL ASLEEP! Hell, maybe he's just in a coma of sorts from overtaxing his heart!
Old 2008-09-28, 19:39   Link #2859
Dhang
Blas.

The pink paper crane on the cart kinda resembles the one in the opening. Nunnally sent it away on a rainbow towards the World of C/God/Jupiter(don't know what that's called)... Anyway, I believe that Lelouch isn't dead, unless there's an official confirmation by the producers.
Dhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:42   Link #2860
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

He had those "shadows" under his eyes while he was speaking to Suzaku and when Nunally was crying though, which Shirley also had while telling Lelouch how she was destined to fall in love with him and Rolo had them too right before he died.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote