AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

View Poll Results: Is marriage a civil right?
Yes 257 75.15%
No 85 24.85%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-09, 17:48   Link #901
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Don't forget the morons who're all "Hur hur girl on girl is hawt but guy on guy is gross hur hur".

Gotta love stupid people
That's Double standards, yeah.

Reminds me a joke in a TV comedy program when homosexuality was discussed. You were seeing a man who was being disgusted and highly againt men/men homosexuality, but thinking that sodomizing his wife was pretty normal and fun (the example was set like that to show the hypocritical side of some of those who are against gay).

Last edited by Narona; 2009-12-10 at 17:05.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 18:05   Link #902
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Don't forget the morons who're all "Hur hur girl on girl is hawt but guy on guy is gross hur hur".

Gotta love stupid people
Well, penises aren't for everyone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 16:30   Link #903
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's Double standards, yeah.

Reminds me a joke in a TV comedy program when homosexuality was discussed. You were seeing a man who was being disgusted and highly againt men/men homosexuality, but thinking that sodomy on his wife was pretty normal and fun (the example was set like that to show the hypocritical side of some of those who are against gay).
Pardon me for laughing, but using the term 'sodomy' in your example sounds so wrong it's funny
Old 2009-12-11, 22:03   Link #904
Autumn Demon
~

In 2005 Texas amended its constitution to ban same-sex marriage. The wording of one of the clauses may have banned hetero marriage as well.
Quote:
This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognise any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
An unintended victory for libertarians who want to separate marriage and state.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/79112.html
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 21:49   Link #905
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I see what you mean *Thinks about the number of idiots who refuse anything that is pink because it supposedly makes them look gay*
That's kinda funny cause pink is the new black for guys
I was one of those guys who viewed pink at first as a color not suitable for guys until my female friend told me "You gotta be man enough to be able to wear pink and pull it off!"

And so, i started wearing some pink shirts...
Old 2009-12-12, 23:13   Link #906
animeboy12

Quote:

Gotta love stupid people
Wait a minute, I think you confusing "gross" with "wrong". Yes, I'll admit I think guy on guy is gross and girl on girl is hot but at the same time I don't consider either of them to be wrong. I guess I think of guy on guy like a........foreign delicacy, if that means anything.
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 01:23   Link #907
Autumn Demon
~

Clearly you're one of the morons cheyannew was referring to.

Not many people in the West openly call homosexuality wrong. Saying homosexuality is not wrong does not make it okay to say it's gross. It's fine to think like that but you should keep your thoughts to yourself.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 02:41   Link #908
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon

Not many people in the West openly call homosexuality wrong. Saying homosexuality is not wrong does not make it okay to say it's gross. It's fine to think like that but you should keep your thoughts to yourself.
So it's okay to think, but not okay to say it out loud... Feeling and saying something is gross/suck/boring,etc. definitely doesn't always make one a moron. He thought there was something not quite correct with cheyannew's statement. He addressed it carefully. You call him a moron.

Lots of gay men think male/female body are gross. Are they morons too?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 06:33   Link #909
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post

From an individual's perspective, it is ok to say it. Even I think homosexuality is gross, but only for myself because I don't imagine myself humping another guy. Yet to another person who is gay, humping another guy is perfectly acceptable if not desirable. There is nothing wrong with either trail of thought because everyone has their own tastes and preferences. It's all relative. Someone can like eating raw sheep testicles. Because someone else doesn't because he thinks it's gross doesn't mean it's wrong to eat them. The concept her is the same.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:47   Link #910
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post

Actually, what I meant was exactly what I said... it's the hypocrisy of the mentality that irks me...

It's one thing to think homosexuality period is "wrong" or gross. It is another ENTIRELY to say that ONE form is ok/hot while another is not. That's hypocrisy, and THAT was what I was referring to.
I actually have less disdain for people who just blanket go "hey I don't like homosexuality period", I mean I won't hang around those people, but at least they're honest about it. The thinly veiled "It's OK if it feeds into my fantasies" crap just needs to go.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:49   Link #911
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
Wait a minute, I think you confusing "gross" with "wrong". Yes, I'll admit I think guy on guy is gross and girl on girl is hot but at the same time I don't consider either of them to be wrong. I guess I think of guy on guy like a........foreign delicacy, if that means anything.
And again for reference, I said EXACTLY what I meant. There was no confusion there. At least not from me; if you're interpreting what I said differently, then so be it.

Old 2009-12-13, 11:16   Link #912
animeboy12

Quote:
Actually, what I meant was exactly what I said... it's the hypocrisy of the mentality that irks me...

It's one thing to think homosexuality period is "wrong" or gross. It is another ENTIRELY to say that ONE form is ok/hot while another is not. That's hypocrisy, and THAT was what I was referring to.
I actually have less disdain for people who just blanket go "hey I don't like homosexuality period", I mean I won't hang around those people, but at least they're honest about it. The thinly veiled "It's OK if it feeds into my fantasies" crap just needs to go.
well then you have a very flawed view of hypocrisy. My standards of beauty have absolutely nothing to with my judgment of right and wrong. I support homosexuality because IMO it's the right thing to do, I may not like a certain part of it but that doesn't mean I won't support it. If to guys want to get married and have sexual intercourse, that's FINE by me, just don't do it in front of me. IMO coming out with blanket statement like the one you're proposing is a complete disservice to a issue that's more complex than that.
Old 2009-12-13, 11:23   Link #913
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
well then you have a very flawed view of hypocrisy. My standards of beauty have absolutely nothing to with my judgment of right and wrong. I support homosexuality because IMO it's the right, I may not like a certain part of it but that doesn't mean I won't support it. If to guys want to get married and have sexual intercourse, that's FINE by me, just don't do it in front of me.
I fear you misread what was said.... No one is implying you cannot support something... and I dont' find it flawed at all; homosexuality is homosexuality. Whether it's 2 women or 2 men is, to me, irrelevant. I find it "wrong", to use the term that comes up so often here, that people (usually males, tbh) seem to find only ONE form of homosexuality as OK (or worse yet, hot, ugh). I don't particularly want to see ANYONE going hot and heavy, hetero or homo or whatever, in front of me. It has nothing to do with not supporting it. You can support something and not want to be a part of it. I'm fully behind someone embracing their BDSM lifestyle, but I personally won't be an active part of said lifestyle.

Take for example, my husband's best friend of 20 some odd years. He is one of those "2 girls are hot but 2 guys is gross and I'm against that" mentality. I find myself not wanting to be around him, because he's a hypocrite. Much less to have left him and his wife as the caretaker for our kids should anything happen to us. Gods forbid my kids live w/ him, and have to deal with that kind of a viewpoint. Both my kids don't bat an eye at 2 men holding hands or 2 women or whatever. To me, it's worse than saying "I dont' like homosexuals", because it's sending a message that ONLY gay men are "wrong". And that's just not fair, or right, IMO.

Again, homosexuality is homosexuality. Whether it's 2 guys, 2 girls, whatever, I do not feel it's right, or even logical, to persecute/call wrong/whatever ONE form of it. That's like saying "Well, anyone who has sex in the missionary position is wrong, but the other positions are OK", that's just silly.

Old 2009-12-13, 11:37   Link #914
animeboy12

Quote:
Again, homosexuality is homosexuality. Whether it's 2 guys, 2 girls, whatever, I do not feel it's right, or even logical, to persecute/call wrong/whatever ONE form of it. That's like saying "Well, anyone who has sex in the missionary position is wrong, but the other positions are OK", that's just silly.
Well I'm sorry that my rherotic soud harsh.

While I understand what you're saying at the same time I don't. I don't think it's possible to have a whole sale blanket view on stuff like. Also I'm just talking about your earlier point about people finding male/male gross being hypocrites. Wrongness has nothing to do with it(because it's not )
Old 2009-12-13, 11:47   Link #915
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well I'm sorry that my rherotic soud harsh.

While I understand what you're saying at the same time I don't. I don't think it's possible to have a whole sale blanket view on stuff like. Also I'm just talking about your earlier point about people finding male/male gross being hypocrites. Wrongness has nothing to do with it(because it's not )
Right, we understand you don't find homosexuality wrong. Like I said in my previous post, it's relative to the person's view. But what makes man on man gross and not girl on girl? Both are forms of homosexuality after all. Could it be because you're a man and two men seems gross to you but two girls are not for the same reason?
Old 2009-12-13, 13:18   Link #916
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Right, we understand you don't find homosexuality wrong. Like I said in my previous post, it's relative to the person's view. But what makes man on man gross and not girl on girl? Both are forms of homosexuality after all. Could it be because you're a man and two men seems gross to you but two girls are not for the same reason?
Which is exactly my point....

Old 2009-12-13, 13:28   Link #917
SuperSaiyanOver9000

yeah but the kind of girls guys wanna see in girl on girl action aren't gay because they also would want these girls to well do to him what they do to eachother lol
its not a logical fantasy lol
SuperSaiyanOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 13:39   Link #918
animeboy12

Quote:
It's more or less standards of beauty. This is gonna sound confusing but it's not the idea of Homosexuality in guy on guy I find gross or girl on girl I find hot, it's more or less the action of the participates. Basically I find the image of girl on girl attractive and the image of guy on guy gross, homosexuality separate from my though process.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:17   Link #919
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Because no one likes to see unattractive people having sexual intercourse. It's quite simple really.

I think you are under the wrong impression that if someone thinks gay sex is gross is because they think homosexuality is gross. That makes little sense, since "homosexuality" is just a concept and it is even flawed in its foundation and it's only meant to outline the "deviant behaviour".

I think androphiliac and gynophiliac would be by far better terms, but close minded people will never accept that a man likes men for the same reason women do. So they rather use a word that gives the impression that homosexuals are attracted to people that have the same sex as them because they have the same sex as them, as if a lesbian would suddenly find herself to like men if she was magically transformed into one.

Think of it in term of gynophiliac and androphiliac and it will become incredibly easy to understand why someone can be tuned on seeing two lesbians and turned off seeing two male gays. In such perspective you won't see anything in common in the two cases.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:51   Link #920
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Right. What if the two girls are butt ugly? What then?

Tags
discussion, homosexuality, human rights