AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-08, 13:24   Link #2001
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
so what would happen if they use unknown matter? replicate this stuff to 100%?
possible because dark matter or unknown matter are alien matter to this world.

which is why I said that dark matter has more potential than vector control but probably it depends on the user.

Acclerator is just THAT SMART compare to KAKINE.

though I don't know smart but its probably correct. Accelerator has insane an brain.

because even kakine can computer 25 000 different attack patterns per second and make different calculation to by pass accelerator's fire wall defense.

Accelerator just add the unknown factor of dark matter into his calculation and makes the dark matter useless.

really its just the matter of different specs.

There is really an "impassable wall" between number 1 and 2.
Old 2014-04-08, 14:36   Link #2002
LevelSeven

Quote:
possible because dark matter or unknown matter are alien matter to this world.
this gleipnir magic tool (the intercept spell in kanzaki ss for the cathedral in chapter 1), it is said to consist out of stuff which does not exist in this world (one example)...

so with kakines help they could recreate the legendary rope which mind fenrir until ragnarok began..

would be funny if magicians captured kakine and managed to recreate magical tools to 10%, this would even surpress othinus majin power by a far gap
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 14:44   Link #2003
tsunade666

they will need blueprints. you don't just force/create legendary items without them.
Old 2014-04-08, 14:56   Link #2004
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
guys small question: cuthulu mythos or nordic mythology are saying that some of their legendary things are created out of stuff which does not exist in the world....
Quote:
this gleipnir magic tool (the intercept spell in kanzaki ss for the cathedral in chapter 1), it is said to consist out of stuff which does not exist in this world (one example)...
Okay, I was wondering what you were talking about, because while unknown material in Cthulhu Mythos makes sense, but you lost me with including Norse mythology. I re read the novel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse SS
“It is made of the footsteps of a cat, the roots of a mountain, the beard of a woman, the spit of a bird, the tendons of a bear, and the breath of a fish. However, each of those has no real meaning. It is a metaphor saying that it is made of materials that do not exist in this world,” said Kanzaki as if reciting something as she reached for the handle of her sword.

“Is it that much of a legendary item?”

“No. Basically, it was created from a material that they did not have the techniques to make at the time. Ellasone seems to have guessed that it was steel that has undergone complicated heat treatments.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:44   Link #2005
LevelSeven

^ yup, this was what i meant, doesnt this count??

but tsunade i think if a magician wants to create a item he can create the blueprint on his own, since the reason why the tools are only cheap copys is that the needed material couldnt possibly exist and on this part tgey can use dark matter.....
Old 2014-04-08, 16:05   Link #2006
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
^ yup, this was what i meant, doesnt this count??
No since your interpretation was ''material that doesn't exist'' instead of the more logical conclusion reached by Ellasone.

Cthulhu Mythos makes more sense.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-04-08, 16:30   Link #2007
tsunade666

Quote:
but tsunade i think if a magician wants to create a item he can create the blueprint on his own, since the reason why the tools are only cheap copys is that the needed material couldnt possibly exist and on this part tgey can use dark matter.....
true and no

true, magicians can create their own blueprints but is it the same as the original?

will the output be the same?

which is the needed for blueprint or at least data to compare.

Dark matter might be broken tool but you need data to feed on it.

DATA

INFORMATION

and which is why the blueprint are needed.

Heck, the material list is needed for comparison

Just like what allfiction said.

Dark matter can create new function from pre-existing function or create something whole new(white sticky kakine).

It can alter one matter into something that shouldn't exist in this world and also follows whole new laws.

BUT

The blueprint are needed to make it as closer as the original it can be.

unless you want your project gone bad.
Old 2014-04-09, 21:27   Link #2008
BW95
Banned

Check it out. The railgun has just been made a reality.

Quote:
The U.S. Navy Research Facility gave an inside look at its electromagnetic rail gun coming to a warship near you by 2020. The gun uses zero gunpowder, instead propelling slugs or huge missile-like projectiles at Mach 7 speeds using only electricity. Think Mikoto Mikasa from A Certain Scientific Railgun only on a much, much larger scale. Rear Adm. Matthew Klunder, the Chief of Naval Research, demonstrates the weapon in the video below.

The United States Navy has been researching and testing railguns for the last decade but the idea behind them dates back to the first patent filed in the U.S. by a French inventor in 1919. The projectiles used with a railgun are said to be significantly less expensive than its current missile counterparts. Thousands could be stored onboard Naval fleets for much less cost and weight load.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 21:29   Link #2009
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
It was real beforehand... but I get you what mean.
Old 2014-04-09, 22:21   Link #2010
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Check it out. The railgun has just been made a reality.
Lol, I already knew about this.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 07:33   Link #2011
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Pointless speculation but... thinking back on the world war 3 arc and Fiammia's words that Touma's right arm is only the right arm that bears power when it grows from Touma's right shoulder. During that arc, the term right held lots of meaning.

The power in Touma's right shoulder is both IB and IT. And the term of right indicates a being on the same level but still subordinate to another. Does this hold some form of solid speculation on the connection between Touma and the 3rd power?

Also, more than IB, IT or the third power. Why do I feel that Touma's right arm itself is the biggest key to solving the mystery of all this?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-04-10 at 07:47.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 11:43   Link #2012
LevelSeven

kamachi trolls, i think it is pretty much clear that IB is in fact the reference point for the whole world, and IT/dragon only negates too, much better than IB but still the same....
the third power would be kamachis try to explain why touma didnt break in NT9, simply because of dat-much-willpower (which sounds BS but i saw much more worse explanations)....
Old 2014-04-10, 15:40   Link #2013
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

First of all I want to make a conjecture about something mikoto might be able to do with aid from will-San and was wondering if you guys thought it were possible as well.

In the railgun manga, it was mentioned electromasters with different brain wavelengths could communicate if they had no interference. It wouldn't work somewhere like academy city because of all of the electrical signals unless the electrometers had the same brain wavelength.

Theoretically, does this mean will-San could communicate to mikoto if she's in Tokyo bay and there's another clone relatively nearby?

Second point:

Quote:
kamachi trolls, i think it is pretty much clear that IB is in fact the reference point for the whole world, and IT/dragon only negates too, much better than IB but still the same....
the third power would be kamachis try to explain why touma didnt break in NT9, simply because of dat-much-willpower (which sounds BS but i saw much more worse explanations)....
There's definitely a bigger secret in my opinion. For some reason, reference point feels like the second out of three revelations about it. Touma hinted last volume that it's original purpose is not as a reference point, but something more fundamental.

I believe that purifies god and exorcises the devil refers to 1. Erasing filters created by othinus/ other godly figures 2. Erasing illusions, storing Dragon.

Invisible demon is the IT.

And the one above god, hasn't happened yet. Volume one, we learned he can negate gods systems, but I therefore expect some real deal god to exist somewhere who was never human, and aleister wants to outdo this entity. I expect way more will be revealed when he gets his memories back or when he relearns what he knew before.

Last edited by dniv; 2014-04-10 at 16:18.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 16:44   Link #2014
Birdway
Banned

Aleister will reach his goal and then will hiy the floor hard and then have "lol nope ending" like the one Homunculus from FMA or the one the Alex from Golden Sun after facing the Wise One had.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 17:04   Link #2015
LevelSeven

Quote:
And the one above god, hasn't happened yet. Volume one, we learned he can negate gods systems, but I therefore expect some real deal god to exist somewhere who was never human, and aleister wants to outdo this entity. I expect way more will be revealed when he gets his memories back or when he relearns what he knew before.
you mean the real one? sorry but i dont need to look into the future to tell you that this will never happen, omnipotence >>>>> every power which will pop out from toumas arm.....

Quote:
There's definitely a bigger secret in my opinion. For some reason, reference point feels like the second out of three revelations about it. Touma hinted last volume that it's original purpose is not as a reference point, but something more fundamental.
i think "being the only reference point for the world" is awesome enough..... everyone can gain powers like magicians/espers but being really unique power wise is still something....

Quote:
I believe that purifies god and exorcises the devil refers to 1. Erasing filters created by othinus/ other godly figures 2. Erasing illusions, storing Dragon.

Invisible demon is the IT.
mmmmhhh, they can also be like othinus's 100% mode...
people: she created gungnir, she is now completly almighty...
othinus: no, only nigh omnipotent...

or like fiamma's lsdap
people: oh no he is complete, he is more powerful than god, more powerful than almighty
fiamma: no, i can only recreate every miracle inside the bible....

with this examples i think that watching to deep into this stuff will simply make you sad in the end....
Old 2014-04-10, 17:24   Link #2016
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Aleister will reach his goal and then will hiy the floor hard and then have "lol nope ending" like the one Homunculus from FMA or the one the Alex from Golden Sun after facing the Wise One had.
I only get FMA, but what is the other one?
Quote:
you mean the real one? sorry but i dont need to look into the future to tell you that this will never happen, omnipotence >>>>> every power which will pop out from toumas arm.....
Dniv is not saying Touma will fight God (btw, I always found Touma's claim to be dubious, how does he know he can?), he is saying Aleister wants to dethrone Him.
Quote:
mmmmhhh, they can also be like othinus's 100% mode...
people: she created gungnir, she is now completly almighty...
othinus: no, only nigh omnipotent...
Not if you take a different definition for Omnipotence: you can do anything that is physically impossible, but not logical impossibilities. So Othinus can't create a rock so heavy she can't lift, Othinus can't make a triangle on a Euclidian plane with angles that don't add up to 180 degrees, Othinus can't make 2+2=5, etc, and apparently, Othinus can't go back in the Phases because it's probably logically impossible.

Or maybe it's because she operates under the Aeon of Osiris.
Quote:
or like fiamma's lsdap
people: oh no he is complete, he is more powerful than god, more powerful than almighty
fiamma: no, i can only recreate every miracle inside the bible....
You do know Fiamma's LPSAD lasted not even 5 minutes? The only thing we saw him doing in this mode is trying to kill Touma.
Old 2014-04-10, 18:52   Link #2017
Birdway
Banned

Alex from GS was the responsible of causing the world of getting Alchemy back to it, but by standing at the center of it he will get godlike power, and he find excepto for the fact the main character also received a little bit as well.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-04-10 at 19:11.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 01:33   Link #2018
LevelSeven

Quote:
Not if you take a different definition for Omnipotence: you can do anything that is physically impossible, but not logical impossibilities. So Othinus can't create a rock so heavy she can't lift, Othinus can't make a triangle on a Euclidian plane with angles that don't add up to 180 degrees, Othinus can't make 2+2=5, etc, and apparently, Othinus can't go back in the Phases because it's probably logically impossible.
therefore: nigh omnipotence

Quote:
You do know Fiamma's LPSAD lasted not even 5 minutes? The only thing we saw him doing in this mode is trying to kill Touma.
and he created gaint gaint golden telesma arms, naruto fans this was a easter egg XD
Old 2014-04-11, 02:04   Link #2019
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
therefore: nigh omnipotence
*facepalm*

A different definition than yours does not make it somehow weaker or incorrect.
Quote:
and he created gaint gaint golden telesma arms, naruto fans this was a easter egg XD
That happened after: the moment Fiamma lost Imagine Breaker, his Third Arm became incorporeal again, meaning he was no longer LPSAD. IIRC, the Golden Arms appeared AFTER Touma's arm regrew back, ergo Fiamma no longer was in the position of LPSAD.

My point: we didn't actually see any feats of the Persona Superiore A Dio, as a such we can't correctly assess its strenght.
Old 2014-04-11, 03:33   Link #2020
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I remember it being said that LPSAD couldn't exert its full power because IB still existed.

Othinus could create a new phase with new rules to reality but she chose not to because her aim was to recreate her original world. At least I think so.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science