AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-27, 05:16   Link #49581
DarkJak2050

[Sighs] Alright, lets give this one last try...

Spoiler for Alpha Squad's Shuttle Runs:

Visual Aid:

Red Line: Self Explainatory
Blue Lines: Self Explainatory
Thin Red Lines: Goal Lines

[Watches this post get ignored and swept away...]
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 06:00   Link #49582
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well try a topic that's more relatable. Ice hokey isn't really common in South East Asia and Australia regions.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 06:22   Link #49583
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Jak
What Demi said, though you can always use that to highlight the contrast between Oriental Asian and American (or westerner in general).

For example, your characters wonder why no one else play Ice hockey, someone explained it's just not popular around here or somesuch.

This actually the downfall of many High School AU, everyone think and act like Americans (Note: 80% of fanfic published in FF.net are Americans). Shitcrap such as Prom night or flaunting personal car in anime fic set in Japan... which is illogical in Japan due to different law and custom.

You have to research to avoid making readers look at it in disbelief.
Old 2013-12-27, 06:53   Link #49584
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

80%? I though it would be smaller - about 80 of 124 Authors that I'm follow are Asians: East, West, Middle,... All the kind, but all are Asians.

That said, most of my type are anime and games. Guess that the US people have a different taste.

Plus even it's not Hockey, this kind of stick-and-sliding object exists in various form in East Asia: Vietnam actually has a spring festival for it.

And how many percent of ISA students are Westerner?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 06:59   Link #49585
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
80%? I though it would be smaller - about 80 of 124 Authors that I'm follow are Asians: East, West, Middle,... All the kind, but all are Asians.

That said, most of my type are anime and games. Guess that the US people have a different taste.

Plus even it's not Hockey, this kind of stick-and-sliding object exists in various form in East Asia: Vietnam actually has a spring festival for it.
Different section has different ratio.

The High School AU are the worst offender of westernization, they write anime fic as if they write Glee or FRIENDS fanfic.

Hell, back in 2011 I vividly remember that most of people in this thread are Southeast Asian.

Quote:
And how many percent of ISA students are Westerner?
Probably several percent at best, considering that almost half of the student are Japanese.
Old 2013-12-27, 07:16   Link #49586
DarkJak2050

[Sighs]

"... You should know better than I do that endurance can make the difference between victory and defeat. One of the ways to improve a Silverback is by improving the user himself. Compared to now, you'll be surprised on long you'll be able to use your Silverbacks after doing this drill multiple times."

That image I posted is a visual aid so you can better see how the lines are layed out.

My guys are not playing Ice Hockey. What they are doing are shuttle runs (using Inline Skates), the lines that are like an Ice Hockey Rink are there to indicate where they're supposed to go back and forth during each shuttle run.

The purpose is to help improve their endurance. The more endurance, the longer they can use their Silverbacks.

Why use Inline Skates? It's because their Silverbacks are unavailable for use during that scene. And it's to also help adjust to the upgrade their Silverbacks will be getting later.

And besides, that training is specifically aimed towards my guys because they know the markings of an Ice Hockey Rink. And they know that Ice Hockey is not all that common in Japan. Let alone, South East Asia and the Oceanic region.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-12-27 at 07:38.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 07:28   Link #49587
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, this might not happen in your countries, but a wave of Westernization is sweeping through Vietnamese High Schools. For example, my older sister came to a normal school, not a rich private school, and yet they still organize a prom every year. I could still vividly remember sis came back crying, then fell into a depression and gained 5 kilos for a month as the result.

(SEED, you're in the medical field, so is it true that people could easily gain weight when they are sad?)

After watching the trailer of MSG5: PP, I suddenly has the urge of making Solid Snake as Ichika's "uncle" - His grandmother is the Japanese assistance who donor her genes for the Les Enfants Terribles. Imagine Ichika with the eyepatch, calling Raiden as "Sensei"...

Ichika: Call me "Liquidus Snake"!
Old 2013-12-27, 08:09   Link #49588
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I could still vividly remember sis came back crying, then fell into a depression and gained 5 kilos for a month as the result.

(SEED, you're in the medical field, so is it true that people could easily gain weight when they are sad?)
Some people lose weight, it's all depend on the resulting diet.

Some people tried to cope with stress by eating a lot, some people can't eat much BECAUSE of stress. Not to be rude, but I myself became overweight due to post-college burden.
Old 2013-12-27, 08:14   Link #49589
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@jak:So they're training? and the exercise looks common enough. I mean the basketball exercise should be common knowledge and your shuttle runs look like a specialized version of it. The description is there and I don't see why you should overstress this training. Unless you're planning something with it.
Old 2013-12-27, 08:27   Link #49590
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Today is NOT a good day to ask me for my honest opinion.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 09:12   Link #49591
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What if during the kidnapping, PT hypnosed Ichika becoming their sleeper agent?...

Another idea in the store!
Old 2013-12-27, 09:29   Link #49592
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@wave: What is your honest opinion?
Old 2013-12-27, 09:52   Link #49593
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
What if during the kidnapping, PT hypnosed Ichika becoming their sleeper agent?...

Another idea in the store!
To be honest, Hypnosis doesn't always work in real life.... it is possible but rare. No villain with brains which consider using Hypnosis to create a Sleeper Agent.
Old 2013-12-27, 10:03   Link #49594
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, not really a sleeper agent, since after all, Ichika is still a kid. More like Ichika is the only one with the chance of killing Chifuyu.
Old 2013-12-27, 11:02   Link #49595
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Random idea: what if a single person had the collective knowledge of every IS core fused into their mind, and was able to pilot coreless IS?
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 16:40   Link #49596
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Unless they're a living antimatter reactor, how about no?
Old 2013-12-27, 17:43   Link #49597
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

They can pilot IS that don't have the AI component that controls the systems.
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 17:49   Link #49598
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
Random idea: what if a single person had the collective knowledge of every IS core fused into their mind, and was able to pilot coreless IS?
I believe you're talking about Tabane here... She's the closest you'll find to that. Her and Chloe.
Old 2013-12-27, 17:50   Link #49599
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. core are more than simple AI, I.S. core also power source and CPU.

Like I said, if this guy/girl is a living machinery that generate antimatter and can do jiggaton calculation persecond, then he can pilot coreless machine just fine.

Chloe is the closest thing you can get... then again she has her frame stored INSIDE her, being half-human half-I.S.
Old 2013-12-27, 18:01   Link #49600
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Do you plan to make another Index here?

But have you guys ever try to think about this idea: The whole IS net is like a sonate, each core represent a different note, different pitch. And, a core could hold more than one train of though. That is why it stop Chloe or anyone from totally controlling the IS system.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest