AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-05, 19:10   Link #21
Tenzen12

Yeah, Waver has to work himself hard to make his imouto approve his trip to Fujuki so he can reunite with Iskandar and have him and Gil bully saber some more...
Old 2016-08-06, 00:40   Link #22
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I wonder if she's tsundereing on Waver. That's a fun sight to see.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 10:32   Link #23
novalysis

So, the English translation of the El Melloi Case files First Volume is almost complete. It's a really impressive story - a fascinating exploration of not only Waver Velvet as a Magus, but also how Luvia's Magus personality is like. And it's a fascinating personality - a blend of arrogance, confidence, presence and threatened ruthlessness - it's a side of Luvia I don't think has been seen in the Nasuverse before (perhaps Luvia's "parlay" with Bazett in Fate/Prisma and the subsequent financial retaliation she inflicted on Bazett after that battle comes close). Luvia squabbling with Rin is Luvia actually being relatively nice, friendly and relaxed.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 12:50   Link #24
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I like how the novel shows that Waver is incredibly competent, though not nearly as talented as those around him. He comes across as almost a Batman-type figure, inspiring respect—even fear—among more inherently powerful mages who could probably vaporize him with a thought. It's a great direction for our beloved Waver-kun from Fate/Zero to take.
Old 2016-09-20, 06:21   Link #25
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Volume 1 translation is now complete. For those who were waiting for the whole thing to be done before starting, well...now's your chance!
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote