AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 21 38.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-10, 01:03   Link #21
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Keima in this episode was very funny lol. The snoopy and roach

It's good to see Keima being depressed due to comments from the real world. This shows he's changing still.

Another plus is that we do see Ayumi again and this time she's interacting with Keima of her own will.

That 4(?) seasons thingy were way too dramatic ..
Old 2011-05-10, 01:08   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

While I don't agree with Keima's denial of reality, I have to admit I REALLY don't like Chihiro's attitude either. All this "Oh well, he dumped me, guess I'll move on the the next crush" is just so...vexing.

Loved the Dragon Ball and Peanuts (specifically Snoopy) references.

And did the roof of their house break or something? So much rain, trees, flora and god knows what else got in.
Old 2011-05-10, 02:41   Link #23
Elestia

The adaptation of this chapter was up to par, although I'm still kind of undecided about how they handled the character design and seiyuu selection for Chihiro. I'm more fond of the manga version's smaller eye Chihiro, and slightly ambivalent about her VA.

Not sure if it was wise to cut out chapter 27, and the various edits to Hacqua's arc. They removed the setup for her future episodes, which may hurt her character development later on.

They did a great job with the creative takes on Keima's period of isolation. I was grinning like a madman throughout the seasons passing. Not to mention being ecstatic over the re-appearance of Ayumi again. She's just such a sweet, energetic girl with an adorable smile that just warms my soul.
Old 2011-05-10, 03:23   Link #24
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
This sucks. They left out Haqua report and that was one of most hilarious parts of the manga. No wonder this anime is not that popular.
Old 2011-05-10, 04:43   Link #25
judasmartel
*Author

Keima's Snoopy mode saying, "Nothing happened when Haqua let an evil spirit go," made me do the evil laugh, and the Roach mode is freaking hilarious, too.

I never thought that a background character could pwn a Gaming God.
Old 2011-05-10, 05:19   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, that was a funny episode but they spent a bit too long on the "four seasons" bit.
Old 2011-05-10, 06:47   Link #27
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Not sure if it was wise to cut out chapter 27, and the various edits to Hacqua's arc. They removed the setup for her future episodes, which may hurt her character development later on.
True. Many anime-only watchers hate her and can't understand the reason why she is so popular in the manga's fandom. But Haqua in the manga is epic, and her relation with Keima is brilliant. Without the hug's scene and the chapter 27, I dunno how their relation will develop in the anime...It has already lost some of the best moments in its start.
Old 2011-05-10, 06:49   Link #28
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Couldn't stop laughing this ep. Like the references to other shows. The 60000 was great. That garden in front of his room left me scratching me head though. Chihiro seems to be his toughest challenge yet. Ayumi returns!
Old 2011-05-10, 06:53   Link #29
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

i was pretty skeptical about this episode at first, but the ayumi scene at the end totally cheered me up!
Old 2011-05-10, 08:18   Link #30
n120cky

Chihiro get an upgrade eh? I think she can be considered cute now .

Keima state Chihiro doesn't has unique parameter, but the other hand she (I think the only one so far) made Keima go down in desperate. I think that's her unique parameter .

What an adorable Ayumi, that she console Keima on his down mode, but why did she bother with Keima . . ., I mean she lost her memory right?

Haqua at the end . . . . What the leg . . . .

Last edited by n120cky; 2011-05-10 at 08:31.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:23   Link #31
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Excellent Episode gave it a 8 out of 10 only because certain parts the pacing could have been better. In terms of voice acting was excellent as always.

Almost gave it a 10 since Ayumi appeared... Ayumi for the world definitely my highlight for the episode other than super cute Elsie.

Anyway Chihiro's capture by far was the most unique from my perspective so looking forward to the next few episodes.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:11   Link #32
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Chihiro get an upgrade eh? I think she can be considered cute now .

Keima state Chihiro doesn't has unique parameter, but the other hand she (I think the only one so far) made Keima go down in desperate. I think that's her unique parameter .

What an adorable Ayumi, that she console Keima on his down mode, but why did she bother with Keima . . ., I mean she lost her memory right?

Haqua at the end . . . . What the leg . . . .
although she lost her memory, something changed, she no longer possess the loose soul in her. so that's one way of explaining it. she certainly act nicer towards keima at the end of her soul cap episode in season one.

with all this talk about haqua, maybe i should start reading the manga too and catch up...
Old 2011-05-10, 11:29   Link #33
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
This sucks. They left out Haqua report and that was one of most hilarious parts of the manga. No wonder this anime is not that popular.
Maybe next episode?

Anime-only watchers hate Haqua? Did they see the picture at the end of the episode?

Too sexy!
Old 2011-05-10, 12:25   Link #34
coderlan
Student

Alright, something is wrong with me.

I enjoyed the manga and still enjoying it... but somehow I can't seem to appreciate the anime...

- Too dramatic (that door, atmosphere, BGM).
- Even I can't link to the jokes unlike in the manga.
- VA of Chihiro need tweaks.

6/10.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:30   Link #35
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
For me this season of TWGOK feels a little rushed, but only a little. I am still enjoying it. And that includes ep 5.

For me in terms of heroines Keima conquered Chihiro was actually my LEAST favorite. But in some ways for me she was one of the most important in terms of her confronting Keima (as seen in this ep) and making him begin to change inside and deal with things he did not want to - so I can see her "overall importance" story-wise I guess.

Still - I never did take a shine to Chihiro....
Old 2011-05-10, 12:43   Link #36
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
For me this season of TWGOK feels a little rushed, but only a little. I am still enjoying it. And that includes ep 5.
Rushed? How so? 2 chapters an episode, add original scenes accompanied by slow-paced BGM. Can't recall the last season too well but this one feels slower in comparison.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:50   Link #37
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Rushed? How so? 2 chapters an episode, add original scenes accompanied by slow-paced BGM. Can't recall the last season too well but this one feels slower in comparison.
It is more of a feeling ... it is hard for me to say. Perhaps I am using the pace of the previous season as a standard somehow? Or perhaps the pace in the manga is also an influencing factor.

Hard to say - it just feels ... rushed. *shrugs*

Sorry I can't give a better description.
Old 2011-05-10, 13:06   Link #38
Seihai
スマイリウム

Oh okay, was just curious anyway. Well, if it's something rushed I'd say it's the fact that they shoot down capture after capture without inbetween non-capture episodes, plus they skipped a chapter. In a way you could say it's rushed and at the same time not, really weird.
Old 2011-05-10, 13:12   Link #39
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
.... I'd say it's the fact that they shoot down capture after capture without inbetween non-capture episodes, plus they skipped a chapter. In a way you could say it's rushed and at the same time not, really weird.
I think this may be part of it.

Yeah - I'm not saying it's "bad" per se - only that it feels a little rushed to me.

Although come to think of it I would have liked to have seen an ep in between the chihiro arc and the haqua introduction arc.

Oh well. Just personal taste I guess.

On with the thread!
Old 2011-05-10, 17:16   Link #40
pampz21
ShipCore

Was that Asami whos sitting behind Keima??

I thought Wakaki-sensei said that she sit on the front?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Closed Thread