AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 15:03   Link #61
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

anyone know when it's supposed to air?
Old 2011-01-23, 18:16   Link #62
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
anyone know when it's supposed to air?
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
A new trailer is up on the website and it seems we've got a date, February 1st.

http://sbr-gx.jp/
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 20:34   Link #63
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

hmm this going be interesting still don't get how and car company got into anime business
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 01:41   Link #64
dark998

New PV. Hype level rising...

dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 08:54   Link #65
PzIVf3

Whats this Madoka version 2?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 12:27   Link #66
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Better yet. Who's the guy that they're racing up to?

Hmm...shipping opportunities....
Old 2011-01-24, 14:58   Link #67
Fran~
floating away...

OMG... Gainax's Mahou Shoujo are the greatest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjo View Post
hmm this going be interesting still don't get how and car company got into anime business
So simple... it's related to Subaru's logo.

The name Subaru comes from the Japanese language meaning “unite” or to “gather together”. The Greeks called the six stars Pleiades, part of the constellation Taurus. The six star cluster is known in Japan as mutsuraboshi (six stars). In 1953 five Japanese companies merged to form the Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. and adopted the six star logo. One star for each of the five individual companies, and the bright star for the new “united” company.

Credits to: http://www.ctcameraeye.com/?p=836

That's the link between the name of the show and Subaru... it would not be a surprise if the philosophy behind the union of those 5 companies are related to the plot of the anime, which have the keyword "Pleaides" on it.

Who guess how many girls are in the poster of the show?
a. 5
b. 5
c. 5
d. 5
e. 5

Last edited by Fran~; 2011-01-24 at 15:19.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 17:07   Link #68
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post

The name Subaru comes from the Japanese language meaning “unite” or to “gather together”. The Greeks called the six stars Pleiades, part of the constellation Taurus. The six star cluster is known in Japan as mutsuraboshi (six stars). In 1953 five Japanese companies merged to form the Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. and adopted the six star logo. One star for each of the five individual companies, and the bright star for the new “united” company.

That's the link between the name of the show and Subaru... it would not be a surprise if the philosophy behind the union of those 5 companies are related to the plot of the anime, which have the keyword "Pleaides" on it.

a. 5
b. 5
c. 5
d. 5
e. 5

wow thanks i did not know that well i learn something new everyday on here
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:19   Link #69
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:

a. 5
b. 5
c. 5
d. 5
e. 5

There are seven stars (okay, nine), but the Pleiades is known as the Seven Sisters (Sterope, Merope, Electra, Maia, Taygeta, Celaeno, and Alcyone) Not five, not six. The other two are the parents of the sisters.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:43   Link #70
Fran~
floating away...

Yes, i know that the Pleiades are known as the Seven Sisters.
I just answered in which way Subaru (or FHI - Fuji Heavy Industries) is related to the Pleiades and to the anime which is named after them.

In fact, if you go to the official Subaru's website you can read:
Quote:
Subaru is the name of a star cluster in the Taurus constellation. Six of its stars are visible to the naked eye, but about 250 bluish stars can be seen if one uses a telescope.
They also comment that in Japan that group of stars is called "Subaru" or "Mutsuraboshi", in China is called "Mao", "Pleiades" in the West, etc...
Old 2011-01-25, 19:27   Link #71
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Yes, i know that the Pleiades are known as the Seven Sisters.
I just answered in which way Subaru (or FHI - Fuji Heavy Industries) is related to the Pleiades and to the anime which is named after them.

In fact, if you go to the official Subaru's website you can read:

They also comment that in Japan that group of stars is called "Subaru" or "Mutsuraboshi", in China is called "Mao", "Pleiades" in the West, etc...
Five girls. Six visible stars. Seven Sisters. Ahhhhh!

I have a photo that I took of them when trying to capture a falling star during one of the showers in August.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:47   Link #72
Fran~
floating away...

Well... the six visible stars are one for each original company and the sixth (the bigger in the logo) is for the new company (Subaru).

whatever, i just want to see the show
Old 2011-01-27, 19:27   Link #73
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I've noticed a little trend in anime PVs lately. The first fully animated PV is fairly modest with a focus on more mundane scenes and showcasing the characters doing not much at all. The PV after that is the big catcher and includes all the awesome screenshot-worthy scenes with action, transformations, panning shots, emo distortion faces and epic music. I guess it is an attempt to appeal to two distinct demographics: the typical otaku with an focal interest in characters, and the more casual anime watcher who desires the cool stuff.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 16:35   Link #74
E_I
Yuri fan

I wonder if this was animated in 1080p? That would be awesome.
Old 2011-01-31, 12:05   Link #75
E_I
Yuri fan

Episodes are up here:

ANN has them

No subs.
Old 2011-01-31, 17:02   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Episodes are up here:

ANN has them

No subs.
Show is colourful and absolutely gorgeous, but the main character is pretty annoying and ditzy right off the bat. She also has Lacus Clyne's sense of hair fashion apparently. Words cannot stress how annoying and whiny I find her voice to be along with most of the characters. Hopefully she's one of those classic Gainax female leads that grows into a more strong-willed personality as this goes along because there's lots of potential here among other things.

Anway I spent most of the first video trying to decide whether the guy she talks too in the fountain room is a really pretty boy or a butch girl. He's not in the cast list or featured on the promo poster so I'm going to go.....errr....Boy!

Edit: So those 4 episodes might be it according to ANN. If so then I change my opinion to that being a horrendous waste of quality animation and a pretty lame attempt to promote the Subaru brand to moe otaku with some stock characters in cosplay and the same brand of sappy sentimentalism I see all too much of in shows like this. Pretty forgettable, but some might like it I suppose.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-01-31 at 17:17.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 17:14   Link #77
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Show is colourful and absolutely gorgeous, but the main character is pretty annoying and ditzy right off the bat. She also has Lacus Clyne's sense of hair fashion apparently. Hopefully she's one of those classic Gainax female leads that grows into a more strong-willed personality as this goes along because there's lots of potential here among other things.

Anway I spent most of the first video trying to decide whether the guy she talks too in the fountain room is a really pretty boy or a butch girl. He's not in the cast list or featured on the promo poster so I'm going to go.....errr....Boy!
Spoiler for villian:
Old 2011-01-31, 18:14   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed eps 1-4, but what I really enjoyed was the series of illustrations by various artists following ep4. Some really nice scenes in there.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 18:56   Link #79
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Spoiler for villian:
Well, he/she's wearing red indoor shoes (as opposed to Subaru's yellow) so I assumed male, but I dunno what the standard is... do boys and girls have different indoor shoes or does it indicate what grade you're in?

... oh, but it just hit me. Subaru calls him Minato-kun. So, well, at least she thinks he's male.
Old 2011-01-31, 19:18   Link #80
Genten
has a custom user title

I really wasn't interested in this anime before this trailer because such little information about it was released. We got a title, a forty second trailer that didn't show any information about animation or characters, and a summary that was merely "Suburu collaborating with GAINAX". They were really holding out information about this thing until the very end, huh?

Now that I've seen the trailer I'm on the fence about whether or not to watch this show. On one hand, the animation is gorgeous. I mean, come on, it's GAINAX. It's so pretty and shiny and colorful. It pretty much shouts, "watch me for the sparkles!" And I am tempted. Boy, am I tempted. However, on the other hand that looks past shiny things, I realize I have a lot of other shows to watch, including another magical girl show. Can I really afford to watch another series? I mean, I'm already three episodes behind on Yumekui Merry. Do I have any hope of staying caught up with another series?

Also, I'm a little wary of this collaboration. Sure, the Suburu logo could be all the advertising available but what if they go overboard with showing Suburu's? I don't necessarily think GAINAX would do this but. . . you never really know. Aside from that, I might try this series out for the fact that it's four episodes, so not too much of my time would be wasted.