AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-04-17, 23:13   Link #61
P99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
So does that mean I'm not the only one who thinks that Zombieland was awesome?
Zombieland is awesome
Old 2010-04-19, 22:00   Link #62
chichi13

yeah i pretty much agree :P zombie land s really cool !! i really laughed at scene where they used marijuana :P i love his hammer !
chichi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:13   Link #63
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yesterday , i watched "Lucky Luke" French movie with Jean Dujardin and Alexandra Lamy .
I liked it , hilarious and fun .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:31   Link #64
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I watched "Kick Ass" this weekend. It wasn't exactly what I expected iibh. I expected something on the more comedy side but watching it, I realize that the movie is actually quite dramatic with a lot of unintentional or twisted humor, which was also appreciated. A good watch and I do recommend it for the theaters and if you want to see it again, rental would be a good option.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 19:14   Link #65
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra

My new idol

Watched Kick Ass today, too.

I LOVED it. Amazing mixture of violence and humour.

I also loved the Soundtrack. I only recognized 'Joan Jett' and 'The Prodigy', but the songs matched the scenes perfectly.

Also liked how they lampshaded other comic book films. For me the parallels to super man and the spider man movies were the most evident. And of course *cough**channeling the deepest voice I can muster* Batman!

I didn't go in the theatre with a lot of expectations. Just thought it might be a fun film, but every minute entertained me highly. I found it very funny, the dark and weird humour totally was my flavour. Specially, the daddy scenes were pure gold. I'm also a sucker for details so the little things already amused me greatly.

It's original, even so it has the stereo types; but at the same time the film shrugs them off. Not the traditional route, specially regarding the main character and/or his love interest.

If you only remotely think it might be your piece of cake you should check it out!
It really kicked ass
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 19:17   Link #66
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Watched Green Zone, a decent thriller, but I could see the ending miles away.
Old 2010-04-27, 07:02   Link #67
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Watched How to Train your dragon.

It was quite awesome
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 13:57   Link #68
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
Prinsess Aurora

Chocolate
Old 2010-04-27, 16:38   Link #69
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched Daybreakers , stuff with Vampires who own Humans .

Not good , not bad . Sometimes it was boring . This is more drama stuff with a lot of bloods .
Better watch Vampire's assistant if you want Action/Fantastic .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:08   Link #70
Gin
*Artist

I watched Hot Tub Time Machine a few days ago. It was ok, but some parts were a little too stupid, even for me.
I did like when the black guy from the Office did all the coke and started talking about Terminator though, but that might just be because I'm a big fan of cocaine and cocaine accesorries.

Also the ski patrol guys were awesome, I'm really into Red Dawn so I appreciated the reference.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:47   Link #71
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Time Traveller's wife. i'm a sucker for romantic dramas.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 23:33   Link #72
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

My new idol

I also loved the Soundtrack. I only recognized 'Joan Jett' and 'The Prodigy', but the songs matched the scenes perfectly.

Also liked how they lampshaded other comic book films. For me the parallels to super man and the spider man movies were the most evident. And of course *cough**channeling the deepest voice I can muster* Batman!

I didn't go in the theatre with a lot of expectations. Just thought it might be a fun film, but every minute entertained me highly. I found it very funny, the dark and weird humour totally was my flavour. Specially, the daddy scenes were pure gold. I'm also a sucker for details so the little things already amused me greatly.

It's original, even so it has the stereo types; but at the same time the film shrugs them off. Not the traditional route, specially regarding the main character and/or his love interest.

If you only remotely think it might be your piece of cake you should check it out!
It really kicked ass
I watched the movie 3 times in the theater so far. It was that awesome to me.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 07:43   Link #73
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Watched The Men Who Stare at Goats last night and laughed pretty consistently throughout the entire film. Clooney reprises his over-the-top military man role from Three Kings (another excellent film) with an added twist of wild-eyed lunacy. McGregor is decent as the American journalist who follows Clooney across the Iraqi desert and gets to replay the "Jedi" in-joke. Jeff Bridges does come close to stealing the movie as the American general who takes a sabbatical to learn about "new age" concepts to build his "New Earth Army." The scene where he's lecturing a bunch of brass about his new concepts while distributing flowers had me in stitches. At the end, though, his character loses steam as he descends into alcoholism. My only complaint was that Kevin Spacey had little to do other than be Clooney's nemesis and glower a lot.

Bridges remains one of my favorite American actors. I didn't get to see Crazy Heart in theaters, but I'll be watching it "on-demand" soon. I still think his nuanced performance in The Fabulous Baker Boys is some of the best work he's ever done.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 07:47   Link #74
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Just watched Momento I know its a old film but oh my days it was so good and confusing till the end, great acting and well directed.
Old 2010-05-01, 08:35   Link #75
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

My new idol

It really kicked ass
Oo shes only popular because of her age, shes no more bad ass than her dad.

I watched the new freddy movie last night, and it made me hate going to the movies with other people there (specialy girls...) I came back home with a damn headache and EVERY time the girl did anything remotely bad ass they would overreact like sports junkies would win winning a game or scoring a touch down.
Old 2010-05-12, 13:45   Link #76
Demon God
Banned

Naruto movie 3..
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 03:13   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just watched "Taken", the movie is just made of pure win! The story: "They took his daughter. He will take their lives". So this seemingly old and somewhat crazy/depressed dad turns out to be a retired soldier who will do anything he can to save his daughter from an Albanian spire of trafficking. The story itself is meh, but the action is amazing, it reminded me a lot of Metal Gear, a must-watch for all action fans.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 09:08   Link #78
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I just watched "Taken", the movie is just made of pure win! The story: "They took his daughter. He will take their lives". So this seemingly old and somewhat crazy/depressed dad turns out to be a retired soldier who will do anything he can to save his daughter from an Albanian spire of trafficking. The story itself is meh, but the action is amazing, it reminded me a lot of Metal Gear, a must-watch for all action fans.
I watched it on TV a while ago, and it was a decent movie. But for the echoes I noticed on this very forum, I think it has made quite a few ladies wary of traveling alone...
Old 2010-05-25, 10:33   Link #79
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Recent movies I watched......

Kick-ass. Unexpectedly good.
King Arthur. Good movie.
Chocolate. Loving how this girl kicks ass.

Til next time

Last edited by Pocky Yoshi; 2010-05-25 at 11:13. Reason: Forgot one
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:03   Link #80
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Legion.. it was crap
for a battle between angels and man for a baby you'd expect things to be more epic than just fighting off people from inside a diner...
Too long conversations also...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live-action, movie, movies