AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 17:21   Link #61
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
I think he does lack it if he doesn't think Clayface would work in a Nolan film. I prefer keeping realism far away from comic book adapted movies, but you've seriously gotta take a step back. Plenty of villains would work well in Nolan's film. Ra's Al Ghul is more supernatural than most villains in Batman's world. He's been alive for hundreds of years! If he ever gets mortally wounded, he hops into one of his Lazarus Pits, is healed, and the only setback from using them in the comics is temporary insanity. Now tell me Clayface wouldn't work!
being long-lived or using a device to extend your life is not even close to being comparable to a person made entirely of clay that can change their shape to almost anything they desire. That being said, you can take the Pits away from Ra's and still have a worthwhile villain, but Clayface without the Clay is nothing (and it certainly doesn't help that in terms of adaptation, Clayface without the clay is intrinsically a new character who shouldn't be allowed to call themselves Clayface).

Since we already know the Nolan Universe will never have a super-powered character, Clayface makes absolutely no sense as a potential villain considering how irrelevent he is without his powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
He's. not. supernatural.
Supernatural includes anything that transcends the known laws of the universe. A person made of clay (or clay with a human personality/soul), is clearly beyond the ordinary, so it is supernatural. Is it magic or religion? No, but it is still technically supernatural.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:34   Link #62
Ace101

http://batman-news.com/ Levitt, Hardy, Caine, and possibly Collitard, thats a big chunk of the Inception Cast. Should just call it Inception 2 lol
Ace101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:38   Link #63
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Since we already know the Nolan Universe will never have a super-powered character, Clayface makes absolutely no sense as a potential villain considering how irrelevent he is without his powers..
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium
]Basil Karlo(Most popular and often used Clayface) is an actor. He's driven mad when he hears about the remake of the classic horror film he starred in. He puts on the mask of the film's villain, Clayface, and going on a killing spree targeting the cast and crew of the remake, killing the actors in the order and way their characters die in the film, along with someone who recognizes him. A prison ambulance he is riding plunges off a cliff. He puts the mask on again, and targets Bruce Wayne's fiancee(A girlfriend or love interest in the third film could be used in place of a fiancee).
I quoted my earlier post because you seemed to have missed it. You can take the shape-shifting out of Clayface, and still have a worthwhile and viable villain for a Batman movie, just like you can for Ra's Al Ghul's Lazarus pits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace101 View Post
http://batman-news.com/ Levitt, Hardy, Caine, and possibly Collitard, thats a big chunk of the Inception Cast. Should just call it Inception 2 lol
Holiday? I have a hard time believing Nolan would do something so awesome.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 20:00   Link #64
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Without his Shapeshift he's just a ordinary murderer. Best to add someone with a better villian. Like the riddler

Hmm, he could be a master of disguise or something... Eh I'd rather he not be the main villian, maybe a side person like Two face was.
Old 2011-03-23, 20:17   Link #65
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyways what happen to that rumor that Robin Williams would be doing the riddler?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-03-23 at 21:15.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 21:31   Link #66
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Anne Hathaway as catwoman? No thanks, I just can't see her in an action role like that. She also doesn't have the feline/intense look to her, and is otherwise insanely overrated and plain. I would so have Eva Green as catwoman.
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue
I'm not gushing over anyone. Honestly, I've only seen two movies of hers and thought she was pretty good in both of them, which is why I foresee her playing Catwoman well. Maybe that's flawed thinking but I really don't care.

You're obviously entitled to your opinions on Hathaway but to call her "miscast" when we haven't even seen a trailer is premature to say the least.
I don't need to see a trailer when Nicolas Cage was rumored to be Superman...SO I don't need to see anything to KNOW Anne Hathaway is terrible miscast for Selena Kyle...She's not the right age (atleast on camera), she more classical style actress, she's always overstated when she has to play fun or excited, she's too damn regal for her plain Jane exterior...Just watch...I know I'm right on this one...Take it too the bank, I can see it now...before the first grip-boy trips onset, I've already figured this chick out...Sorry...Watch and see...
Old 2011-03-23, 21:32   Link #67
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if megan foxx is catwoman .......... /suicide.. wait why should i do?
Old 2011-03-23, 21:39   Link #68
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Apparently its no to the Riddler
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...e-the-riddler/
I hope they bring back Two Face i hated how they just barley showed him and then
Spoiler for hs:
Old 2011-03-23, 22:13   Link #69
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Apparently its no to the Riddler
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...e-the-riddler/
I hope they bring back Two Face i hated how they just barley showed him and then
Spoiler for hs:
I think Aaron Eckhart confirmed that
Spoiler for TDK spoiler:
They did good stuff with Harvey Dent's character so I'm not really complaining.

I'm just wondering why people still can't trust Nolan with his casting and story decisions? As for Anne Hathaway, can't we just give her a chance, at least until we get some pictures or a trailer? I know no one wants to admit it now but I'm pretty sure I heard a lot of moaning about Heath Ledger as the Joker back before 2008. I'm just going to wait and see what Chris Nolan's realism treatment will do to the characters before I complain.
Old 2011-03-24, 07:30   Link #70
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler for TDK spoiler:

I'm just wondering why people still can't trust Nolan with his casting and story decisions? As for Anne Hathaway, can't we just give her a chance, at least until we get some pictures or a trailer? I know no one wants to admit it now but I'm pretty sure I heard a lot of moaning about Heath Ledger as the Joker back before 2008. I'm just going to wait and see what Chris Nolan's realism treatment will do to the characters before I complain.
Indeed. I remember how so many people hated the fact they chose someone who played in a movie for homosexuals as Joker and then turned out to be the one who made the best interpretation of the character. Besides, Anne Hathaway isn't a bad actress as far as I can tell.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 13:39   Link #71
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don't need to see a trailer when Nicolas Cage was rumored to be Superman...SO I don't need to see anything to KNOW Anne Hathaway is terrible miscast for Selena Kyle...She's not the right age (atleast on camera), she more classical style actress, she's always overstated when she has to play fun or excited, she's too damn regal for her plain Jane exterior...Just watch...I know I'm right on this one...Take it too the bank, I can see it now...before the first grip-boy trips onset, I've already figured this chick out...Sorry...Watch and see...

Fair enough man. I have a feeling you'll dislike whatever performance she puts together but we'll see if she receives a good amount of praise from others for her portrayal of Catwoman.
Old 2011-03-24, 16:18   Link #72
Ace101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler for TDK spoiler:

Yeah people were complaiing Heath Ledger being the Joker. Until they saw the trailer......
Old 2011-03-24, 16:21   Link #73
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Yeah people were complaiing Heath Ledger being the Joker. Until they saw the trailer......
I remember people who were still complaining until the movie actually came out.
Old 2011-03-24, 17:25   Link #74
Ace101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I remember people who were still complaining until the movie actually came out.
Yeah I guess Nolan is on to something huh? Still though I cant wait to see how he integrates Bane into the movie. Ive learned not to doubt Nolan.
Old 2011-03-24, 17:32   Link #75
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Yeah I guess Nolan is on to something huh? Still though I cant wait to see how he integrates Bane into the movie. Ive learned not to doubt Nolan.
As long as Bane isn't portrayed like he was in The Movie That Shall Not Be Spoken Of, I'll be happy.
Old 2011-03-24, 17:41   Link #76
Ace101

Quote:
As long as Bane isn't portrayed like he was in The Movie That Shall Not Be Spoken Of, I'll be happy.
Could just bring back Aronold as Mr. Freeze. Thats something i might pay to see.
Old 2011-03-24, 17:44   Link #77
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
That movie was awesome and so was Bane.

I agree. Hopefully, the new Bane actually has some depth.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:11   Link #78
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Bane wasn't so bad when you consider Batman had a Bat Credit Card

That said, I do also look forward to seeing what Bane will look like in this movie.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:50   Link #79
Samari
World's Greatest

I have a feeling Nolan is going to kick it out of the park with this one and make a good third film, something which is difficult to do. Hopefully Anne Hathaway as Catwoman has a good amount of depth to her character and isn't just a cock tease...of course at the same time she still needs to be sexy. It's Catwoman's trait. Bane should be awesome too. I'm wondering if any of the Knightfall storyline is going to be incorporated.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:20   Link #80
Ace101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Bane wasn't so bad when you consider Batman had a Bat Credit Card

That said, I do also look forward to seeing what Bane will look like in this movie.
A batman credit card. Lol Where do i get one of those?