AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 34 43.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 03:05   Link #61
Ypocaramel

A much better episode than the spoilers would imply. I haven't had an anime pull in into the events so much as it had today for a long time. Plot and writing holes remain, certain elements are being introduced too quickly without proper build up (Kagura's hate for Sylvie and reverse power for example), but the execution, music, effects, action and energy are top notch. Don't think "Kouya no Heath" hit me quite so hard the first time around.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-03-26 at 03:49.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:12   Link #62
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Goddamn pineapple pizza, it's super effective...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I thought they didn't add pineapple?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanz1170 View Post
Spoiler for 13:

ep12 11:05

I guess they really did put pineapple into the pizza after that scene. A lot of students die because they ate it.

Old 2012-03-26, 04:56   Link #63
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

SHOUT OUT IN TODAY'S EPISODE: "Apollonius"

SPOILERS: TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED EP 13

So I gather that Mykage was around 24,000 years ago and so was Zen ( they seem to know each other quite well, down to the very fact that neither of them is actually in their real body).

And we find out that thanks to the "red strand of fate" Kagura shows off his elemental power "sakasama" or "reverse". Now that red strand of fate thing that powered up Kagura's mech reminded me of Sirius's 'red path' as you might call it.

Oh and we also find out that Amata, might not really exsist (dadadaduuUUMM....) So I believe he is in the same position as Zen and Mykage (he's just not aware of it at the moment)..."If you don't smell, you don't really exist"... Mikono clearly does not want Kagura to kiss her (poor guy, looked like a wounded puppy) we also get to see some of the main pilots union glows altogether (should pause to distinguish them).. but Amata's glow looks quite familiar (I'd have to say the glow around Mikono looks familiar too ne)?

Oh and I really loved the Yunoha x Jin shipment until they decided to "PINEAPPLE" Jin in the face :C
Old 2012-03-26, 04:57   Link #64
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

No progress for Zessica still...

Giving this series a few more episodes and I'm gonna give up
Old 2012-03-26, 05:17   Link #65
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

At first I was like...

Spoiler for Jin's betrayal:

And then I was like....

Spoiler for Jin's return:

And finally...(skip to 2:30):

Spoiler for Jin's death:

They just killed off my favourite fucking character!!!!!

And that pretty much sums up this episode for me...
Old 2012-03-26, 05:46   Link #66
Zuul

I like the way the Jin Yunoha shipment ends. Most of my pairing involves character death. Happy ever after displeases me.

Kagura and Mykage were fantastic. Kagura looked so happy with his waifu for a too brief moment, it warmed my heart.

Feel the Jelly Amata, feel it deeply and completelly. It serves you well for crushing Zessica's maiden heart.

Fudou is annoying me as always. Because I don't understand his BS. Frustrating.

So it seems that Mykage is after the wings of the sun that are in the true Aquarion at the center of Vega.

The more the story progresses the less I feel myself rooting for the MC and what he stands for. Either is something wrong with me or the writting is lacking. Or maybe is it done on purpose ?

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-26 at 07:17.
Old 2012-03-26, 05:59   Link #67
Sixth
Hu Tao

Am I the only one who didn't get the joke or anything related to "pineapple"? Someone cares to explain this to me?

Also, requesting any gif. related to Crea of this episode.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:06   Link #68
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Roy Focker has something to say about those god damn pineapples
Old 2012-03-26, 06:43   Link #69
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Oh lord, why are they doing this?

Does this mean silly fun times are over? ;-;
Old 2012-03-26, 06:56   Link #70
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Am I the only one who didn't get the joke or anything related to "pineapple"? Someone cares to explain this to me?
In on of Kawmori's anime(franchise) pineapple is a sign that someone dies.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:01   Link #71
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
http://mononoaware.concretebadger.ne...neapple-salad/
Old 2012-03-26, 08:17   Link #72
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Poor Yunoha
FOREVER ALONE
Old 2012-03-26, 09:12   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Due to the ridiculously sobering moment we're currently experiencing here, it's easy to forget some of the other light hearted moments. I'm rather hesitant about posting anything other than Jin's death...

Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Pairings galore! Amata/Mikono, Andy/Mix, Donar/Suomi (I freaking knew it !) and Jin/Yunoha! I couldn't stop grinning.

2) Zessica, either that's one hell of a poker face, or she has finally shrugged off her mopiness, or just damn professional. There was a golden opportunity for her make a conveniently bad decision but she still saved their asses. In fact, If there's anyone that's going to turn to the dark side and betray them, I would say it's Sazanka Did you see how she reacted upon seeing Mykage ?

3) What the fuck is up with Kagura and that 'Mikono rain dance'?! The absurdness isn't so much of the action itself, but rather that weird ass bgm playing along with it If I needed any more fuel for my 'King Kong' analogy I guess I found it. Thankfully Amata still have his daily MAN quota to reach and manages to savage the situation before it goes sideways fast.

4) Accelerator you are not, Kagura... Especially if your win quotes only consist of 2 variations.

5) I lament at the lack of Andy/Mix last week, it's amazing how just one scene remedied the entire situation. Though it makes me wonder what they were doing for the rest of the episode while everybody else was fighting More hole time I presume?

6) The best part of this episode was the tag team fight with two Aquarions and six (seven) pilots. I've always frown at the fact that only three characters would ever get a chance to fight in each episode so it's a total relief to see them finally put that second set of Vectors to use, and even display some basic form of tactics and Gerpad even did something useful! But sadly with this double odds, Andy still didn't get to Gattai , but at least Jin did before...

7) While I'm sure Zuul's gonna whine protest that the bad guys lost again, lets think about it for a moment; a good portion of Neo-Deva's base is now in ruins and they've lost a number of their fellow students and friends including one very well liked character who gave his life to save them. I just can't see this as a victory for the good guys.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-26 at 09:57.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:22   Link #74
Hyack

I have one thing to say when I saw Fudo's stunned face..

Oh god.. don't tell me.. (2sec later)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo
Old 2012-03-26, 09:25   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack View Post
I have one thing to say when I saw Fudo's stunned face..
Oh yeah, that too.

It's the first time I saw Zen displaying another emotion besides 'Smirk'. I guess he is still human.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:30   Link #76
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

2) Zessica, either that's one hell of a poker face, or she has finally shrugged off her mopiness, or just damn professional. There was a golden opportunity for her make a conveniently bad decision but she still saved their asses. In fact, If there's anyone that's going to turn to the dark side and betray them, I would say it's Sazanka Did you see how she reacted upon seeing Mykage ?

I'm pretty sure she's just putting up a helluva poker face.
From what we've seen from the past episodes she's just been repressing her feelings. Probably because:

a)She doesn't want to come between them
or
b)She knows she stands no chance.

My money's on the latter though

And Sazanka was probably wondering if Mykage was a bottom that looked like a top.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:27   Link #77
fssjids

I'm a little confused about Jin's death. Why didn't Mikage kill Jin right when he entered the vector? Why did he wait until after Jin did the union thing and defeated Kagura ???
I really do hope that it's just a fake death and Jin would comeback later, brainwashed or whatever T___T Damn Mikage, why are you so good at breaking couples ( Donar, and now Jin)

Last edited by fssjids; 2012-03-26 at 10:43.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:28   Link #78
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Oh yeah, that too.

It's the first time I saw Zen displaying another emotion besides 'Smirk'. I guess he is still human.
But up to this point he knew everything. His look made my own jaw drop.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:30   Link #79
com_gwp

I just hope this overt change in tone of the show doesn't mean that we get less hilariously crazy, over the top GATTAI and MECHA action. Those moments makes the show for me.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:30   Link #80
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Oh yeah, that too.

That's an interesting phrase to use considering the revelations this episode about Mikage and Zen.
Closed Thread