3 out of 10 : Bad 4 8.51%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 36.17%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-19, 21:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD BorN - Episode 12 [END] Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD BorN, Episode 12 [END].

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-06-21 at 15:27.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 09:28   Link #2
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Well
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 09:42   Link #3
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
Well
Same reaction as you are, got thrown into a loop there on this episode. Wait till I watched the subbed version to know what's going on!

On the other hand, I'm hoping that Ishibumi-san would announce something if he wants to salvage his series...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 09:44   Link #4
Sacredus

Why? I heard in Japan they actually like this... thing. Also, spoilers from MAL are true?
Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 09:47   Link #5
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Why? I heard in Japan they actually like this... thing. Also, spoilers from MAL are true?
Spoiler:
Not much of a spoiler now because yeah it happened. Well rather, it was foreshadowed for a quick second with Ddraig telling him he wasn't sure what happened.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 09:48   Link #6
Starway

Horrible just as i expected why can't I ever be wrong about these type of things if the author really thinks this is better than his version then he needs to get his head checked or something.
Old 2015-06-20, 10:01   Link #7
Sacredus

Well, so it's true... I will just quote myself from last week topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I don't thing they will back to old, good adapting LN if this butchery will sell well. IMO next season will be just like Rosario 2 (completely nothing in common with source material, fanservice to the max route).
That was last DxD series I watched.

Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 10:14   Link #8
B214

Before people go on a random rant on the story being butchered.

First, Ise and Rias did confess but neither of the two remembered it.
Second, Ise hasn't unlocked the Triana.

Last edited by B214; 2015-06-20 at 10:32.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 10:48   Link #9
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Spoiler for ...:
Old 2015-06-20, 10:58   Link #10
Starway

Somebody should do a list of all the important plot points that were skipped in favour of half a season of horrible paced and shitty filler.
Old 2015-06-20, 12:16   Link #11
The Green One

Well time for another Saturday of watching people scream rant and rave about how the holy scripture of the light novel has been desecrated by daring to deviate from it in any way shape or form. What fun.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 12:30   Link #12
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well time for another Saturday of watching people scream rant and rave about how the holy scripture of the light novel has been desecrated by daring to deviate from it in any way shape or form. What fun.
If it only deviated then it probably wouldn't have been as bad as it actually was. This is probably the worst episode of the season all around imo. I've been taking the anime only stuff as it came giving it scores that are unbiased of the ln but this one is just plain bad even as an anime original (though they did do 1 thing at the end that may allow a season 4 to salvage and restore the series to what it once was).
Old 2015-06-20, 12:36   Link #13
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Shit is shit no matter how you try to defend it or attack other people by making them out to be insane fanboys who worship the LN and cant handle even a little change. This season prioritised horrible cringe worthy filler over important scenes and character development had bad paceing and was in general not only worse than the LN but has anime only watchers not wanting to even watch the next season witch I'm not even sure how it will happen you know cuz the whole point of this season doing 3 volumes was to prepare for the next seasons and they failed that epically if anyone is actually expecting for next season to not be all filler pray cuz your going to need it.
Old 2015-06-20, 12:57   Link #14
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
If it only deviated then it probably wouldn't have been as bad as it actually was. This is probably the worst episode of the season all around imo. I've been taking the anime only stuff as it came giving it scores that are unbiased of the ln but this one is just plain bad even as an anime original (though they did do 1 thing at the end that may allow a season 4 to salvage and restore the series to what it once was).
The problem is this. 2 incredibly big points are lost
It was a deviation basically from the start.
With the exception of episode 7 and episode 1 there were drastic changes to the anime.
Almost every single episode has altered the content of the story significantly. If you were talking about small changes like the angel who joins michael being Irina that would be 1 thing but there were drastic changes and cuts to pretty much every single episode. Then to give us anime original content for the final 3 especially with the way they did it expecting people to accept this is foolhardy.

2. Even if they did the typical 3 volume setup which is 4 4 4 or deviations of that you would've still had some small complaints but not as many because most of us are used to the 2 volume 6 episode setup and 3 volumes was gonna cause issues to begin with.

They fused vols 5 and 7 without getting the point of 6 and when it came time for the critical part of 6 you made a drastic change that completely altered the perception of the end of 6.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 13:23   Link #15
Ultragunner

I just wanna ask: is this the last episode of this season? Or there will be an episode 13??

'cause I just want to binge-watch the last 3-4 episodes in a row so that I won't be hanged up by cliffhanger from an anime-original content
Old 2015-06-20, 13:25   Link #16
Chinatown88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I just wanna ask: is this the last episode of this season? Or there will be an episode 13??

'cause I just want to binge-watch the last 3-4 episodes in a row so that I won't be hanged up by cliffhanger from an anime-original content
Last episode of the season.
Chinatown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 13:40   Link #17
F10

internal conflict

someone somewhere said "curiosity killed the cat"
and i have been downloaded the episodes of this series and skimmed through 'em just for curiosity...
but i had never felt what i am feeling right now... Something deep down inside me is saying:
Don't download it.
Don't watch it
Ignore it exists.

but i just can't stop this curiosity to see what atrocities have been made with DXD this time around

u.u
Downloadan in progress...
/me prapares a shotgun.... *click*
Old 2015-06-20, 14:28   Link #18
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10 View Post
someone somewhere said "curiosity killed the cat"
and i have been downloaded the episodes of this series and skimmed through 'em just for curiosity...
but i had never felt what i am feeling right now... Something deep down inside me is saying:
Don't download it.
Don't watch it
Ignore it exists.

but i just can't stop this curiosity to see what atrocities have been made with DXD this time around

u.u
Downloadan in progress...
/me prapares a shotgun.... *click*
i stopped watching when the NTR started so i feel you're pain.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:54   Link #19
MV5

The season finale really had a polar opposite effect going on. I enjoyed the second half of the episode more rather than the first half. Kinda saved the episode for me in that case. As for the whole season in general, to sum it up, I have a ton of questions on what the process/reasoning was regarding the changes/modifying the story. And the whole Loki thing, wasn't close to being an improvement in my eyes.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:56   Link #20
F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
The season finale really had a polar opposite effect going on. I enjoyed the second half of the episode more rather than the first half. Kinda saved the episode for me in that case. As for the whole season in general, to sum it up, I have a ton of questions on what the process/reasoning was regarding the changes/modifying the story. And the whole Loki thing, wasn't close to being an improvement in my eyes.
AMEN!!!!!!!
i couldn't say it better

tho for me is like this whole DXD born deal is a bad joke lol
i'm a little bit more shocked than you.