AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-18, 09:40   Link #5981
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

64 comes out in about... 2 weeks?
Old 2013-10-21, 12:45   Link #5982
mark1246

shame the new chapter come out, so does batman Origin, which I put time into that then the Railgun manga (until it translated)

bUT YEAH, it a bloody shame the chapter are like 20pg long, but hey, it not bad quality or on hiatus or anything, But dont know why, but when you get Monthly artist you expect more then your typical weekly pages! maybe it a nick pick from me

but hope we get this arc done before Feb 2014 so we can see a BRAND NEW arc happen, because there a lot of things you can do with misaka while touma is out saving AC and other countries
Old 2013-10-21, 15:51   Link #5983
Mephis
Banned

I do feel the series is getting somewhat dragged for a long time, but it might be part of Kamachi's plan.
Old 2013-10-21, 17:07   Link #5984
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I think that was told that this is the fault of the designer which extended arc 3 times more than necessary.
Old 2013-10-21, 18:16   Link #5985
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I think that was told that this is the fault of the designer which extended arc 3 times more than necessary.
Kamachi is the writer O.o Motoi only draws the manga. Unless you are talking about the editor.

So really unless Kamachi knows what he is doing, I doubt he made the arc long on purpose but I think he really should try to make the pages longer if he wants to make the story progress a bit more faster, or it will become like Bleach.
Old 2013-10-21, 19:38   Link #5986
cleed

There is a possibility he maybe lining it up with the Index novel to be consistent. Maybe what happens next volume of the novel refers to what happens in the next volume of the Railgun manga.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:14   Link #5987
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
There is a possibility he maybe lining it up with the Index novel to be consistent. Maybe what happens next volume of the novel refers to what happens in the next volume of the Railgun manga.
Mikoto got tons of space for more original stories after the Daihaisei arc, so I doubt he is going to line them up. Railgun will always be behind Index unless Kamachi decides to end Railgun after it hits the point of story where Mikoto becomes active in Index side.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:25   Link #5988
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
I do feel the series is getting somewhat dragged for a long time, but it might be part of Kamachi's plan.
If I was Kamachi and heard the complaints about Railgun's "fillers" whether wrote them or not I wouldn't let that pass again and make the next arc enough long to not mess up again in future next adaptations.

Quote:
Mikoto got tons of space for more original stories after the Daihaisei arc, so I doubt he is going to line them up. Railgun will always be behind Index unless Kamachi decides to end Railgun after it hits the point of story where Mikoto becomes active in Index side.
Or he can just skip more arcs and make Railgun reach Index's time line asap.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:49   Link #5989
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Or he can just skip more arcs and make Railgun reach Index's time line asap.
But but.. then the manga won't have enough stories left D:...
Old 2013-10-21, 21:00   Link #5990
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Kamachi is the writer O.o Motoi only draws the manga. Unless you are talking about the editor.

So really unless Kamachi knows what he is doing, I doubt he made the arc long on purpose but I think he really should try to make the pages longer if he wants to make the story progress a bit more faster, or it will become like Bleach.
If I remember correctly, in an interview Kamachi blames Motoi (designer) by length of the arc.
Old 2013-10-21, 21:51   Link #5991
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
If I remember correctly, in an interview Kamachi blames Motoi (designer) by length of the arc.
Source please XD I want to read that.

But weird... wouldn't Kamachi like give Motoi instructions to what to draw by giving her a script?
Old 2013-10-21, 22:10   Link #5992
Miraluka
Banned

Its the editor who has the final word regarding length of chapters.
Old 2013-10-21, 22:20   Link #5993
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Its the editor who has the final word regarding length of chapters.
*so confused about this who blamed who issue @_@*
Old 2013-10-21, 22:37   Link #5994
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I'm sure I read it on facebook, although the editor has the final say, he may well have accepted the idea Motoi, this is not unusual, recently in Index manga we had an entire chapter showing in detail the first Touma's school play in Daihensai, something that the book was ignored.
Old 2013-10-21, 22:40   Link #5995
Mephis
Banned

I just hope however that Daihaisei arc will give enough materials for the anime crew to fully animate in 24 episodes without any filler arcs. However if it's a few episodes short, then they can just animate Liberal Arts City arc first then do Daihaisei arc. The anime would be perfect as long as Nagai doesn't make it go into Cloverfield land again.
Old 2013-10-22, 03:59   Link #5996
chaosprophet

From what I understand it goes like this: the mangaka drawing it, often tell Kamachi that a scene A or B would be better longer, etc. I guess usually because he has more experience with mangas, where scene exposition is different than light novels. Kamachi usually accepts the changes which tend to make the scenes longer.

I believe this is the interview.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:16   Link #5997
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
From what I understand it goes like this: the mangaka drawing it, often tell Kamachi that a scene A or B would be better longer, etc. I guess usually because he has more experience with mangas, where scene exposition is different than light novels. Kamachi usually accepts the changes which tend to make the scenes longer.

I believe this is the interview.
That one I read before. I thought there was another interview pertaining to why the Daihaisei arc is really short in pages XD;
Old 2013-10-22, 11:53   Link #5998
Inept Forum User

Just out of curiosity, what sort of arc would you like to come next - short or long?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-10-22 at 17:25. Reason: Modifying question to try to put emphasis on desired arc length rather than what events covered.
Old 2013-10-22, 15:09   Link #5999
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just out of curiosity, what sort of arc do you think should come next - short or long?
Another long arc probably. I am guessing it is going to take place during September 25~30th maybe. During the La Regina del Mare Adriatico Arc up to Academy City Invasion arc.

Or Kamachi can skip straight to Document of Constantine Arc or Battle Royal Arc.

Pretty much saying, any arc where Mikoto barely appeared in the story in the Index side gives her lots of space for another huge arc.

Last edited by Mephis; 2013-10-22 at 22:16.
Old 2013-10-22, 20:34   Link #6000
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Spoiler for spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen