AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 11:56   Link #201
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
haha
the ending was really surprisingly good
after seeing episode 24 I didn't thought the ending would be so good
it was a good ending, it pleased the watcher in many points

everything went out in a good way, so it really is a happy ending with no objections

btw does someone know where in the light novel toradora (anime) ends?
Old 2009-03-26, 12:04   Link #202
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Congratulations ipernorris on writing what has got to be the biggest tosh I've ever seen in the Toradora section so far, not even the bitching and moaning about how "crap" the Clannad AS ending could top this. So much so that I'm going to join in on bashing you, if you don't mind.

I'm too lazy a "shipper" to come up with new retorts, so I'm just going to recycle your logic of treating opinion as "facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Wow you call this pretty solid ending? Who says they will marry? Who says they will even stay together in the future and such: dude this is open ended ending. If you fail to realize this because you're a shipper I can understand, but facts are facts!
Who says they won't marry? Who says they won't stay together? The whole f*cking series has been hinting at that, if you fail to realize this and then accused anyone who disagrees with you as a shipper, then I pity you, but opinions are opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Did they get married? No, it's a fact.
Are they together in a stable way? No it's a fact.
This is an open ended ending even because it's shown Taiga returned at the very end of the episode, but what will happen it's all up in the air.
If you fail to realize this it's your problem dude.
Just because they haven't married doesn't mean they won't. That's your opinion.

Just because they aren't together doesn't mean their relationship isn't stable. That's your opinion.

The thread concerning Taiga and Ryuji has been so well elaborated it's not hard to guess what happens next.

So if you fail to realize that, then it's your problem mate.

Quote:
LOL you're a shipper: I meant they didn't marry or they are together in a stable way. Of course you would say anything in order to defend your beloved show, not matter how much ludicrous it is. I'm done talking with you.
Just because people don't agree with you, you jump to conclusion and call people shippers. Of course you would say anything in order to bash the show you hate, no matter how good it is. Congratulations on being the latest addition in my Ignore List.

Quote:
If they stayed together or they married it wouldn't be an open ended ending. Anyway I explained myself enough and I don't want to get involved in crappy shippers' wars. Sayonara to the section!
If anyone's the shipper here, it's you. What kind of an explanation was that? You hardly explained anything and only made yourself the centre of attention. As a troll, you have succeeded with flying colours in eliciting a response from me. But you will receive no more, so goodbye and good riddance.
Old 2009-03-26, 12:10   Link #203
Tango337

Open ended my ass. "Since ancient times, the dragon has been the only beast to equal the tiger. Even if you're not by my side right now, I will leap through space and time and always be by your side. These feelings will never change". That was freaking powerful, and shes back with him now. This is anime after all, they will surely marry soon after.
Old 2009-03-26, 12:14   Link #204
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

@ ipernorris

u know, nearly every anime has an open ending, just as info^^
but still it's a good ending, because it's not saying "goodbye, screw you" they show enough for the watcher to be pleased, they sure left some question marks but that's unavoidable

for me it's a very pleasing ending, even though I don't know what will happen afterwards
but I could see that Ryuuji and Ami are finally getting along again.
Taiga isn't completely away, she's back at the end.

and and and ...

So in compare with the endings of "Air Gear" or "Claymore" that's a fucking good ending^^
Old 2009-03-26, 12:19   Link #205
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I need to finish H and C someday (Last 6 episodes of season 2 I think) but... is their any pay-off? I've heard the ending is upsetting to a lot of people and from what I was told about it I don't know if it's worth continuing.
IMO, the last few episodes aren't as strong as the preceding ones, but they're still pretty good (there's a gorgeous final scene to boot).

As for upsetting, that seems to happen with many romance-themed stories, including Toradora! Some people complain about the Ryuuji/Taiga pairing, while others demand more closure for the characters.....
Old 2009-03-26, 12:21   Link #206
SageGaiGar
You are Next

The 'open' in the ending is the details/minutae, they're already planning on being together. Everything points to that. The entire series confirms this angle.

Aye, some people would be more happy with a continued storyline detailing their lives into the future. I wouldn't mind this, it would take a more slice of life style that would be fun to read/watch.
Old 2009-03-26, 12:30   Link #207
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

what I mean with "open ending" is, that (just like me) ppl often want to know what happen afterwards, because the anime don't follows the characters until they're dead u know^^

so the main story maybe is done, but still the rest of the protagonists life is still going on^^

hope ya guys kno what I mean hahaha xD
Old 2009-03-26, 12:30   Link #208
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango337 View Post
"Since ancient times, the dragon has been the only beast to equal the tiger. Even if you're not by my side right now, I will leap through space and time and always be by your side. These feelings will never change". That was freaking powerful, and shes back with him now. This is anime after all, they will surely marry soon after.
I just rewatched the episode with subtitles and I've got to say that I'm a lot more satisfied with the ending now. I don't think it's because of the subtitles - it turned out that I understood a lot more from the raw than I thought. Rather, I was so distracted by the year-long separation the first time I watched that I didn't latch on to the strength of the dragon/tiger statements.

I agree now: the hints of Ryuuji and Taiga remaining together are very heavy, almost like a mallet to the head. So I'll advise anyone who wasn't too comfortable with the "open ending" - like me - to rewatch the episode and realise that it isn't so "open" after all.

Also, Taiga must be one of the most "dere" tsunderes that ever existed. She almost got to the point of being sappy. Of course, she "redeemed" herself at the very end
Old 2009-03-26, 12:31   Link #209
Fishman

I felt the show didn't have enough emotion between the characters, Bleach had more emotions between Ichigo and Ryukia than toradora ever did. There were some heartwarming scenes, but as a whole the show felt inadequate in being a romance/slice of life show, it was like a school rumble/clannad mixture that can't decide if it wants to be funny or emotional, and no it wasn't acceptable as either.
Old 2009-03-26, 12:35   Link #210
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
I felt the show didn't have enough emotion between the characters, Bleach had more emotions between Ichigo and Ryukia than toradora ever did. There were some heartwarming scenes, but as a whole the show felt inadequate in being a romance/slice of life show, it was like a school rumble/clannad mixture that can't decide if it wants to be funny or emotional, and no it wasn't acceptable as either.
Huh? I felt the level of emotion was just right. Any more, and it would have been sickeningly sappy. And the fact is: life is funny at times and emotional at times. Oh well, to each his own.

[Edit, re Sephiroth 760] Yeah, Bleach has more episodes. It's nauseatingly long. Yet another reason why I like Toradora so much more. Again... to each his own ^^
Old 2009-03-26, 12:37   Link #211
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

yeah that's true
as a romance anime there wasn't enough romance, but I think it's still pretty well done

u see, it's not a pure romance anime, there are still comedy scenes and almost every youth-anime is a bit about slice of life

u know ... Bleach has much more episodes like toradora!!!!

there's much more time and space to build a pretty relationship
Old 2009-03-26, 12:49   Link #212
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
I felt the show didn't have enough emotion between the characters, Bleach had more emotions between Ichigo and Ryukia than toradora ever did.
Good Lord... I Just can't find the words to retort to this one...

Old 2009-03-26, 12:58   Link #213
b0nyb0y

About one-year time leap, I don't think they stopped contacting each other for the whole time.

If Taiga painstakingly replied just about the whole class after they sent her messages, this implies that she would reply to Ryujii if he did try to contact her as well. The fact that Taiga texted to Ryujii about never hearing him said he loves her is a proof of that.

I did feel the heartache seeing Ryuujii standing alone w/o Taiga before ED, but as you guys said, in the end Taiga did come back. And it's good to see that their bond shows no sign of weakening.
Old 2009-03-26, 13:01   Link #214
Jarmel

Kinda sad about the separation aspect but still very good. Did they ever say what Ryuuji was doing after high school? I'm really going to miss this show.

Also did the light novel end exactly like this?
Old 2009-03-26, 13:01   Link #215
Krueger
...from Germany

Impression.

I finished Episode 25 today at 14:30pm...

I thought I would feel sad. I thought I would be angry perhaps...
But I was happy. I was happy throughout the whole day! When the last minutes started and while "orenji" was playing I was more happy and more sad than I've been since the beginning of this year. At the same time! This ToraDora!-thing keeps amazing me more and more...

Perhaps it was just the right Anime to watch for me at the right time. Perhaps it's because I'm 17 myself. Perhaps I'm just a weepy guy by nature.

But I'm really thankfull for ToraDora! now... isn't it wierd?
Old 2009-03-26, 13:08   Link #216
gonzo562

hah ryuuji should of cheated on taiga while she was away.

Get some action with ami and or minorin. Like most guys would try
Old 2009-03-26, 13:10   Link #217
gigithestar

how can anyone say there wasn't enough emotion I say the kissing scene was a good show of emotion best kissing scene I seen in any anime so far so passionate and sweet it wasn't just straight out kiss..besides Taiga gets easily flustered -head butted Ryuji after he said he loved her- it's Classic Taiga, she does these sort of things.
Old 2009-03-26, 13:12   Link #218
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post

uhhhh that's just wrong...
Old 2009-03-26, 13:15   Link #219
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post

Minorin would have killed him if he tried.
Old 2009-03-26, 13:21   Link #220
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

that's a point hahaha
but all the time
I really wanted Ami and Ryuuji to have at least one really romantical scene^^

@ Jarmel

No, the light novel doesn't end exactly like the anime
I haven't read it myself but appearently I have read some spoilers xD
Closed Thread