AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-06-02, 20:31   Link #521
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Probelm is: In their first meeting, Mikoto will not know what is Saiai ability and will just stun for a while. That "a while or longer" is enough for Saiai to run to Mikoto and finish her off with a super-punch in face.
Also: (Very ambiguous LN spoiler. Not exactly a spoiler, but maybe a hint about Saiai's powers.)
Spoiler:

Considering that, Mikoto wouldn't have a chance since she's this finished off already.

Mikoto Misaka is one of the most compelling characters I have ever seen. I don't know why.
As a result though, she's the inspiration for one of the main female protagonists I'm writing in my book... I just wish Mikoto were more gutsy like Gunha when it comes to Touma...

Does anyone else find it very very funny that Touma is going to call himself the weakest level 0 (weaker than Saten) to Misaka with the bridge scene. The fact he calls himself the weakest level 0 of Academy city makes me laugh time and time again when I think of Saten. In order to prove Touma's point, Saten should beat Touma up sometime

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-03 at 00:18.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 06:07   Link #522
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Its meant to be poetic of sort.

The Strongest vs The Weakest.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 07:17   Link #523
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Hmm thought in the LN's He's referred as the Weaknest yet the strongest

as for Saten ....... Kamijou-san is slowly raising flags on her route
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 07:46   Link #524
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Hmm thought in the LN's He's referred as the Weaknest yet the strongest

Lolol. And @Chaos2frozen I know it's poetic.

It's still funny when you think about it. It obviously isn't true.

Mikoto shouldn't be thinking: Woah he's a cool guy.

She should be thinking: Woah, he's an idiot.

No wonder Mikoto calls him an idiot

By the way, who else is excited for the reduxed bridge scene? I know people already mentioned this, including me, but this was my tied with two other scenes as being my favorite scenes of the entire arc.

My other favorite scenes in the entire arc include when Touma stands up and Accelerator, Mikoto, and Misaka 10032 all look back shocked with their moths all Agape.

Now that was the coolest scene in the arc. The bridge scene was the most emotional scene in the arc.

Lastly, the ant scene was the most romantic scene of the arc. It was the start of her love for him (this is before the three stories arc afterall).

Overall this arc was great. I can't wait for the rest of the Sisters arc to be animated.

Considering the fact that nothing adopted from any of the Light Novels that J.C. staff did in Index was over 5/6 episodes, I'm curious as to whether they will make Liberal Arts City Arc 4 episodes and put in the Russia demonstrations Arc as well... I guess we will see.

Eventually we need Mikoto/ Gunha.

I don't see it as Touma x Saten.

I see it as Touma causes Saten to tease Mikoto relentlessly because she also sees his good qualities. This will make me even more haaappppyyyy
Old 2013-06-03, 15:00   Link #525
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
he hasn't punch her yet.
Old 2013-06-03, 15:00   Link #526
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He hasn't punched Mikoto or Himegawa yet, either, so we know it's not necessary.
Old 2013-06-03, 18:34   Link #527
Primary Consult

At first I had thought Kinuhata's voice was too deep, but I think that might be bias (reading "super" all the time I assumed high pitched). Re-reading some of her LN lines while imagining a deeper voice seems to fit just as well, so I think they actually won't be changing it. At least I hope they don't change it, because I think it actually makes her even more awesome (Saiai is already one of my favorite Index side characters).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 18:37   Link #528
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Saiai illustrations tend to depict her in a chou-genki mood, so I highly doubt she's suppose to be this serious all the time.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:47   Link #529
Marina2

Well, she is always in her serious mode during SISTER arc. We have to see how is her voice in her everyday life before judging anything.

From the next ep. preview, Rikou's eyes when using Body clear sure look scary in the anime version.
Old 2013-06-04, 06:44   Link #530
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Or goes Yandere .....
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 00:00   Link #531
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lolol. And @Chaos2frozen I know it's poetic.

It's still funny when you think about it. It obviously isn't true.

Mikoto shouldn't be thinking: Woah he's a cool guy.

She should be thinking: Woah, he's an idiot.

No wonder Mikoto calls him an idiot

By the way, who else is excited for the reduxed bridge scene? I know people already mentioned this, including me, but this was my tied with two other scenes as being my favorite scenes of the entire arc.

My other favorite scenes in the entire arc include when Touma stands up and Accelerator, Mikoto, and Misaka 10032 all look back shocked with their moths all Agape.

Now that was the coolest scene in the arc. The bridge scene was the most emotional scene in the arc.

Lastly, the ant scene was the most romantic scene of the arc. It was the start of her love for him (this is before the three stories arc afterall).

Overall this arc was great. I can't wait for the rest of the Sisters arc to be animated.

Considering the fact that nothing adopted from any of the Light Novels that J.C. staff did in Index was over 5/6 episodes, I'm curious as to whether they will make Liberal Arts City Arc 4 episodes and put in the Russia demonstrations Arc as well... I guess we will see.

Eventually we need Mikoto/ Gunha.

I don't see it as Touma x Saten.

I see it as Touma causes Saten to tease Mikoto relentlessly because she also sees his good qualities. This will make me even more haaappppyyyy
I'm hoping those scenes get animated again. It looks like J.C. Staff's quality on animation has improved compared to Index seasons I & II and seeing all that in Railgun S again would be nostalgic but I also want to see what's done differently this time as well. Maybe it'll be more intense!

Looking forward to that soda machine encounter:
Spoiler:
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 03:38   Link #532
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

I just finished reading SS2, and while I'd love to see it animated this season, I just don't see it happening.

To me SS2 honestly felt much more like an Index side-story rather than a Railgun side-story (the prominence of New Light, the lack of Saten and Uiharu, the heavy foreshadowing at the end of it). I honestly wonder if they instead animate it as an arc in the Index anime. Sure it'd mess the canon-timeline up even more, but it would be a great prequel to...
Spoiler for Not sure if I need a spoiler but...:

And conversely I don't see how it benefits the Railgun anime. SS1 works because all four girls in bikinis the entire time, but SS2? I don't know...

Last edited by touge-n00b; 2013-06-06 at 03:52.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:10   Link #533
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
I just finished reading SS2, and while I'd love to see it animated this season, I just don't see it happening.

To me SS2 honestly felt much more like an Index side-story rather than a Railgun side-story (the prominence of New Light, the lack of Saten and Uiharu, the heavy foreshadowing at the end of it). I honestly wonder if they instead animate it as an arc in the Index anime. Sure it'd mess the canon-timeline up even more, but it would be a great prequel to...

And conversely I don't see how it benefits the Railgun anime. SS1 works because all four girls in bikinis the entire time, but SS2? I don't know...
I see your point. But... four girls in bikinis< Lessar every time if that's what you're looking for I guess. Lessar is just an awesome character. I guess the kind of tense atmosphere of Russia would be better for season 3. Maybe they could put it at the beginning of season 3 of railgun so it would be right for the timeline? But... usually you don't start a season with "filler" I guess... What about Gunha Vs. Mikoto? That would make me happy. It would make his appearance in season 3 have a better context... but that's more likely to be filler in season 3...
How about any storylines from the PSP games? They actually have pretty decent/good plots.

They are either going to end with a cliffhanger or end with an "Academy City is always exciting/never normal" line. Since there's no Shokuhou anymore: I don't see how they'd end with a cliffhanger... If they literally ended with the last part of Liberal Arts City arc though, that would be perfect......

I dunno. Your idea sounds cool too of putting that in Index instead of Railgun. That could be very nice.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:46   Link #534
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post

?????

SS2 will of course not be a part of Railgun. Both SS1 and 2 is completely a part of the Index storyline.

Liberals Art City and the Russian Shopping Mall are completely different Side Stories form SS1 and 2.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:59   Link #535
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
?????

SS2 will of course not be a part of Railgun. Both SS1 and 2 is completely a part of the Index storyline.

Liberals Art City and the Russian Shopping Mall are completely different Side Stories form SS1 and 2.
Liberal Arts City and Russian Shopping Mall are titled Railgun SS1 and Railgun SS2; at least that's how Baka-Tsuki called them. So when touge-n00b said SS2, I guess he meant the Russian Shopping Mall Arc, rather than the Index SS2.
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:41   Link #536
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Yes, I'm talking about Railgun SS1 and SS2. I was assuming everyone understood that being that, you know, this is the Railgun sub-forum.

And I'm 98% certain it IS Railgun SS2 and not a mis-translation...
Spoiler for Cover:
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:40   Link #537
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
?????

As a sidenote: even if you misinterpreted that. I wouldn't mind if the part with Gunha in Index SS2 was stuck into Railgun S or Railgun 3 when Gunha premiers in it

And by the way, I think we will probably see Gunha vs. Mikoto, the fan-fare as a season finale or as a battle before they go to Liberal Arts City. This is because I just realized that Gunha Vs. Mikoto came packaged with Volume 5 of the Railgun manga as a side-story (the second half of the Sisters Arc). Let's hope this will happen. I can't wait for the moment Gunha is going to be animated. That moment will be the most comedic/epic moment of all Raildex animation up to that point except maybe Liberal Arts City Arc's finale

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-06 at 17:27.
Old 2013-06-06, 22:53   Link #538
Marina2

Preview for ep.9
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/650/650567/

- Rikou is cute

- Saiai's hair look better now.

Other comments
- Look like we will get original scenes at the begining.
- Frenda x Rikou FTW!
- Confirmed: No Touma and Kuroko
- it seems to cover only 1 chapter???

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-06-07 at 02:35.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 03:56   Link #539
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Good news for us! To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S will get a new ending theme, performed by Misawa Sachika (Meigo Alisa's voice actress)!

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16693.html

From the facebook fanpage.
Old 2013-06-07, 04:23   Link #540
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I see a pattern here.