Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 01:06   Link #701
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So great getting back inside this world. What a terrific series Hourou Musuko is, and there's a lot of good stuff in this full version of episode 10. But if you haven't read the manga, be warned - this will really whet your appetite.
Was the full version of 10 done as two episodes, or one long 40 some minutes episode?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 01:48   Link #702
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Normal length episode 10, and a normal length 11 which has not been subbed yet. I assume the ending will remain as it was aired, as episode 11. They've effectively extended the series to 12 episodes, splitting episode 10 into a double-length episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:07   Link #703
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The subbed full version of Episode 11 is now available. Same place I can't mention as the last time I couldn't mention it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 18:22   Link #704
Dop
Mmmm....

So good to revisit this series with 10 and 11 in full length versions.
Just makes me want to watch the whole series over again.
It also makes me wish Fantagraphics would pick up the pace on the manga releases!

While it remains, for me, one of the very top shows of 2011 I fear we shall not see its like again, and that makes me very sad.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 22:14   Link #705
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

With NoitaminA having thrown in the towel, it does seem unlikely a show like this will be produced again. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Old 2011-12-07, 03:28   Link #706
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
With NoitaminA having thrown in the towel, it does seem unlikely a show like this will be produced again. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Must you crush my hopes and dreams?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 10:14   Link #707
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Just watched the full length verison of episode 11. Much like the full length episode 10, it was pretty much a masterpiece in my eyes. Genuine, subtle and execution wise, a near perfect drama. Should rewatch this series to full sometime as it is the drama of the year imo.

See Mari Okada... this is why I get pissed off at you because you are able to script great adaptations like this, but choose not to. At your best, no other drama writer for the anime TV medium can match you, but instead you go off and write scripts for some bad mecha harem, fanservice, romcom, moe-action series that you're frankly just not good at. This is best series you've been involved in since True Tears, which makes me a sad panda because I doubt you'll be involved in such a realistic, touching "subtle" series ever since your success in Anohana (even though this is at least a tier above that melodrama soap opera) and the fact you are constantly sought to script for "popular" "high-profile" anime such as Kenshin and Black Rock Shooter. Sigh...

More people need to seriously watch this. It's up there with Usagi Drop, Madoka, Steins Gate and Fate/Zero as top quality animes, but it's so disgustingly underrated

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-12-07 at 10:33.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 12:27   Link #708
Stealther

To be honest I don't think it's disgustingly underrated, but rather not something most ppl would like to watch. Among those that are willing and have seen it I generally find the response quite good. Wouldn't really call it a masterpiece, but it sure has wonderful subtletity throughout the whole series, and far more interesting/provoking theme than the ones you've mentioned. Might lack a bit in the "really-gripping-emotional-bang-in-the-face-drama" that most ppl prefer tho. I have to say I value this series really high, and even got some tears in the eyes, but still I think Madoka/Ano Hana was better in pure enjoyment, which is what matters to most in the end.
Stealther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 13:39   Link #709
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

TBH I really give most of the credit to the mangaka on this - Okada did a fine job with the adaptation, but the characters are what drives the story and all that magnificence comes from the manga.

I do have full-length reviews of the extra eps on my site, but I'm depressed by few hits I see for them. A Guilty Crown post draws a ton of hits, but not a Hourou Musuko one. Sort of puts NoitaminA's surrender in context.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:32   Link #710
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
TBH I really give most of the credit to the mangaka on this - Okada did a fine job with the adaptation, but the characters are what drives the story and all that magnificence comes from the manga.
This. Okada has little to do with the quality of this series. One would have to seriously bad to mess such strong material up.

You can't really compare her work on adaptations like this one and on anime original series. I suspect the two jobs are very different.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:02   Link #711
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I do have full-length reviews of the extra eps on my site, but I'm depressed by few hits I see for them. A Guilty Crown post draws a ton of hits, but not a Hourou Musuko one. Sort of puts NoitaminA's surrender in context.
Speaking for myself (I rarely read blogs anyway... I made an exception for your T&B posts, though), Guilty Crown's a lot more forgettable than Hourou Musuko, but at the same time, the latter's time is past.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 11:11   Link #712
tyciol
*Artist

I'm wondering why this still lists 11 eps, shouldn't we say 12 since that's how many were on the DVD?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen