AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-02-07, 00:06   Link #221
Wheeljack83

I trust you sasuke706, it's just always good to see a source. This is the internet and misinformation has a way of spreading quickly.

If it's ending with volume 8, will the author at least figure out a good stopping point for Arc? Granted, Arc has done well to basically help align the human kingdoms and also improve conditions for non-humans. However, he's also still technically stuck as a skeleton in a video game world he used to play. We don't know the circumstances of why he's in the world yet and if there are any other player characters who are also there.

Maybe the sequel can be Overlord vs. Skeleton Knight
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 00:35   Link #222
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ I haven't read the novel myself to confirm, but there has been talk in this thread before about how there were other former players in the world before. Like elves with Canadian names and such.
Old 2018-02-07, 18:14   Link #223
Wheeljack83

What does that mean though? I mean, if you notice the Elves' whole society seems to have a Canadian theme. Does that mean former players were transported to the world and basically started the Canadian society of ancient elves? How does that work? Did they give the society Canadian names as a joke? Were those players from Canada? That idea just sounds very weird and confusing.

Arc is Japanese, and his base form in the game is a dark elf, but he took on a generic fantasy character name like Arc. I recall in the books, he didn't think the Canadian sounding names for the Elf villages didn't sound like a coincidence.

But what is even happening to Arc? Is this a situation similar to Death March where he was summoned to the world? Was he summoned to save it with his player cheat powers? Why is it he gets the cheat powers? Is he stuck in some sort of game-induced coma like Sword Art Online and the game programming has changed? I'd like to know what's going on there.
Old 2018-02-07, 18:57   Link #224
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Since it seems you couldn't be arsed to go back through this thread to find anything, here's what I found about other "players" in this world. Nothing too detailed, but it's still something and that's the best I can give you since I haven't gotten around to reading this myself yet.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...95#post6128295
Old 2018-02-08, 07:18   Link #225
Wheeljack83

The details are very vague and confusing and the context isn’t there. It also doesn’t really explain Arc’s situation and why players are stuck in a game world that has seemingly become reality
Old 2018-02-08, 14:35   Link #226
Namorax

Personally, I think it is more likely that the "undead king" simply pretended to have died and used that opportunity to establish himself as the pope of the Hiruku religion.

The person playing that character was a normal person, but even a normal person should've been able to see that enemies would keep coming at him as long as they knew about him.
First he kills bandits, then he kills a few knights, then he kills a lot of knights and then he has to kill an army of knights.
I believe it is more likely that the player defeated that army. IIRC the Hiruku religion started spreading after that incident, and if someone who was "a player" and presumably comparable to Arc had been involved in the incident with the "Undead King", they wouldn't have stopped at "Undead King".

More likely it would've been "the Emperor of Death".
And there would've been a lot more armies around...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 17:51   Link #227
VooXoo

In Overlord the exp was kept but no one was able to see levels, kill a lot and you get stronger (weird how farers and butchers aren't warlords in worlds like that) but it seems that in this story there are no levels, you train and you get stronger, can't tell for sure but I think Arc was at level max when he was transferred, if levels were around the pope should be invincible after all he done.
But given the difference in experience between the 2 I think Arc will kill him through poison or teleport, both with the holy spring bath, centuries of madness would kill him in a minute.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 23:31   Link #228
AzureDragonX
Azure

is the web novel version of this translated?
AzureDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 05:19   Link #229
Gimmesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureDragonX View Post
is the web novel version of this translated?
yep, 7 volume translated already. The current translator is waiting for the new volume to get build up before translating them all atm
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 17:33   Link #230
Show1983
RAW manga/LN provider?

Anyone that wants vol 8 illustrations, pm me
Show1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 08:04   Link #231
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

NSFW
po
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by mastermind3342; 2018-04-16 at 00:59.
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:35   Link #232
KikeLyne

The manga has already depicted a number of 'unsettling' images before. At least it isn't extreme like having a missing limb on top of it.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 17:33   Link #233
VooXoo

Reading that part in the novel made me rage, the manga just made it worse.

Humanity deserves it.
Old 2018-05-06, 13:17   Link #234
VooXoo

The translator begun working on the 8 volume.
Old 2018-12-22, 14:41   Link #235
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
The MC isn't 'kinda OP,' he's hilariously way OP.
Overall this one is pretty fun.

Also, the elf on the cover canonically has purple skin (she's called a dark elf, but that's basically a Night Elf in this story if you Warcraft), but the publisher saw fit to turn dark elves into albino elves (minus red eyes) for whatever reason.

And for those bound to ask, no, there's no snu snu. He's a goddamn skeleton, as much as I'd love to make a horrible boning her pun.
A skeleton is, in a matter of speaking, a walking boner.
Old 2020-04-03, 16:57   Link #236
BlazingKyogre

Any news about this novel or is it in hiatus?
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 17:26   Link #237
sasuke706

Volume 9 got released a year ago (LN only, no WN version) but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Otherwise no news.

Could check the author's twitter but it's a long stream of retweets, so I'm not.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 03:59   Link #238
fishstick

anime for this is also coming out

trailer for it dropped like a week ago: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peOJjlu8Rb0

probably will adapt up to the hydra battle

---

still no news on volume 9?
fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 06:24   Link #239
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick View Post
probably will adapt up to the hydra battle
That's too early though (because then they would miss out on the part of MC trying the spring water for the first time).

Also, considering how the Manga adaptation is going, i would say that for this Series, it would be quite easy for them to cover until either LN v05 or v06 plot, because the story is quite fast paced compared to other series, and there are quite a lot of stoppable stuff.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-13, 00:01   Link #240
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick View Post
still no news on volume 9?
News like what? A summary of it? Or you mean a translation, because I have no idea.

It's a fairly uneventful novel but here's a quickie.
Spoiler for Volume 9 summary:
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clumsy protagonist, cursed protagonist, not harem, skeleton paladin