AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Divers - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 80.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-08-21, 02:24   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 20.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 05:37   Link #2
Skye629

Interesting little episode, looking forward to how they're going to resolve this
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 06:37   Link #3
B214

I wonder how many episodes will we get cause if it's 25, then Yukki's new gunpla is going to be debuting late.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 07:13   Link #4
ReddyRedWolf

I feel the Admin are souless corporate drones. They won't do shit during the Break Decal incidents leaving the work to the players. Now to save their cash cow they want to delete an emergent AI. Fashioning it as saving the virtual world.

These people don't know this is sliding to a PR nightmare!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 08:08   Link #5
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I feel the Admin are souless corporate drones. They won't do shit during the Break Decal incidents leaving the work to the players. Now to save their cash cow they want to delete an emergent AI. Fashioning it as saving the virtual world.

These people don't know this is sliding to a PR nightmare!
At this point, I had to agree. They could have had a tribunal or some sort concerning the players that were reported to use Break Decals, but they didn't do anything and just gave up because "no data reported". Yet here is someone who's only crime was accidentally being born and yet they hunt her down like she's some sort of low life criminal, to the point of putting out an APB.

Worse if it's the full story behind Sarah's creation came out I think. She's born from the positive emotions of the Divers when diving with their Gunpla, not from anything remotely malicious. To patch and delete that is like - to me - rejecting those positive emotions.

And let's not getting into the possibilities that as GBN grows and more and more players dive in, what's stopping ANOTHER EL-Diver like Sarah from being born?

THere's also the possibility that since Sarah is so intricately tied to GBN itself - to the point that she can cause bugs just by existing - deleting or harming her in away could cause GBN to crash. (thought that's just my guts telling me)
Old 2018-08-21, 09:20   Link #6
zerodragon

i just waiting to see who the final villian, either Admin or Bird is going to turn bad, i look forward to it.

was it just me or did the ending make you feel really bad for Sarah. after learning her origin, looking at her memories she shown in the ending song are what is leading to the GBN end makes the song hit home when you see her walking away at the ending.
Old 2018-08-21, 10:09   Link #7
charasu
DigiDestinied

Similar to MHC-001 Y.U.I huh,
Old 2018-08-21, 10:28   Link #8
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by charasu View Post
Similar to MHC-001 Y.U.I huh,
allow me to resurrect an old joke, we need Kirito with his haxx programing skills to save Sarah from deletion, funny enough Do-ji already has Kirito's voice so...........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 10:45   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Can't say the reveals were surprising in the least, but it was a decent episode. I feel bad for Sarah, her only crime was to be born and using her power to save GBN, and the reward she gets is a death sentence. It would have been once thing if we had seen the administration trying to come up with a solution to save both her and GBN, but they apparently immediately decided to erase her.

It looks like Tsukasa's skills will be needed to save Sarah. It makes sense, given how easily he managed to toy with the system before. And I think if he found out the reason Sarah was born, he would agree to save her. He treasures his gunpla a lot, after all.
Old 2018-08-21, 10:56   Link #10
bakato

Well, going by this show's track record of dumb plot developments, I'm sure we'll get an even bigger ass pull solution to this crisis.
Old 2018-08-21, 11:31   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Do I even need to say anything anymore? Not that this episode is bad, but the story is just tired for me. This kind of AI/innocent accidental lifeform-thing has been done (better) since.....literature began, I think (okay, I'm half-joking there, but you get my point). At this rate, the only thing that will elevate the show from mediocrity is if they have the balls to do the sad ending for Sarah and kill her off for the betterment of others at the end. Like, seriously, even Doraemon movies have the balls to kill off one or two protagonists, and those are actually meant for child consumption . So you can't really use "Think of the children!"-excuse just to have a boring total happy ending.
Old 2018-08-21, 13:38   Link #12
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I actually don't want a "happy" ending. I want to see Sarah gone because that's the logical thing to do, despite her being created from positive emotions. First of all, that explanation doesn't really make sense, but I'll play along. But..I'm going to guess that they will transform her configuration into something harmless and all will be good, because this entire series has been nothing but plot hole heavy.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 20:29   Link #13
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Judging by KO-1's brainstorming on the whole hard disk thing, I suspect we will indeed get something similar to Yui being saved as data. Maybe she'll get saved onto a Gundam's data or something. It's pretty hard to believe they'd be able to fix a huge, complex program to be able to handle a rapidly-growing accidental AI in a reasonable period without shutting down for long enough to hurt their business. And again with that look on KO-1's face it seems pretty clear they're going with the other route of extracting her and finding a way to make her stable before inserting her as an independent entity. Whatever they do, there's no way they're going to do something as messed up as legitimately deleting what's been established as a crystallization of everyone's love for their Gundams.

And yeah, while I rarely mind a story covering ground I've seen walked before as long as it entertains me, I will admit that they were far from subtle about it. Seriously, I guessed from the very start that Sara was either a god/avatar of the system or some sort of spirit born from it. At the very least they could've made it so the situation wasn't blatantly obvious from episode 1.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 22:47   Link #14
Wandering Soul

All the reveals were predictable, but I do feel bad for the situation Sarah is in. The girl literally did nothing wrong. That said, I highly doubt this show will kill her off. Through Tsukasa, they'll most likely find a way to save her.
Old 2018-08-22, 00:28   Link #15
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
i just waiting to see who the final villian, either Admin or Bird is going to turn bad, i look forward to it.

was it just me or did the ending make you feel really bad for Sarah. after learning her origin, looking at her memories she shown in the ending song are what is leading to the GBN end makes the song hit home when you see her walking away at the ending.
Champ's going to go bad. Just look how he hid his face and his "white" appearance in the OP. He's basically wearing "Sarah"-colors and his Gunpla.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 07:30   Link #16
devilo96

So the game company are selling a game which they barely have any understanding and control of it's inner workings, as a complete product to the customer. As a satire to corporate incompetence, their mistreatment to customer and terrible administration, this Gundam series is surprisingly serious and realistic.

and.....well....the battle animation still cant defeat zaku vs build strike in gbf.....
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 19:28   Link #17
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Get real. Like real world game companies are any better.