Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-01, 23:52   Link #61
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
KyoAni only change the designer of the characters and cut scenes, the personality of the characters is the same, the only notable difference It is how Kumiko acts toward Shu que é diferente da LN and manga.
Well now, that's actually pretty interesting to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Excuse me, what do you mean by "normal"? Are you saying same gender relationships aren't normal?
Normalcy is defined by commonality, not acceptability. I hope.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:03   Link #62
twangansta

Quote:
snip Only reveal the relationship Shouuichi an Kumiko and the Reina interrese in Taki-Sensei for in order to prove that both girls are normal and have interreses by men, and that such relationships raised in the forum would not happen.
unfortunately have a repetition of the events occurred in Cross Ange and Aldnoah.Zero tons of Fanwank and Fanfic.
if it had not been such comments, and cited such relationships, and such personality of the characters there would be no need to reveal the content of LN

KyoAni only change the designer of the characters and cut scenes, the personality of the characters is the same, the only notable difference It is how Kumiko acts toward Shu que é diferente da LN and manga.
I'm sorry I'll have to disagree. I do admit some pairings are completely illogical, but people don't usually draw up fanfics out of thin air. In Cross Ange Hilda and Ange had more than their share of romantic moments.

I understand your perspective (from the manga and LN), but there is clear evidence in the anime adaptation that strongly favors a Reina/Kumiko relationship over the Shuuichi/Kumiko one (one could arguably say that this one has no development at all). It seems that the removal of scenes points to the adaptation taking a slightly different route. I'm not saying the Shuuichi/Kumiko relationship won't happen in the anime, but rather that the interactions of the characters don't have the more definite direction of the manga/LN. Revealing the contents of the LN can be used to say what WILL happen as what the original author intended I agree, and also possibly fill in the blanks of the more subtle developments in the anime. But using content from the novel to argue for scenes that weren't present in the anime will be doing a disservice to both.

Honestly, being so far in the anime story, revealing Reina's affections for Taki-sensei or her outburst at Kumiko now would literally be pulling something out of thin air as if Shuuichi and Kumiko just suddenly got together. I'm not saying developments like this will be bad, but there isn't much to support it from an anime perspective. If the anime were longer (or have other seasons to develop it properly) I'd understand, but if things do move along like this that will just make it an incomplete work.

Why develop the Reina/Kumiko relationship so far along? Call it yuri-bait or whatever, but if that's the case than I'll have to re-evaluate the series as a whole, especially since it seems to be in the novel. Adding unnecessary drama that takes away from the main plot of the work just to garner views is just poor writing.
twangansta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:22   Link #63
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Excuse me, what do you mean by "normal"? Are you saying same gender relationships aren't normal?

normal relationship in Germany has a sense of tradition, which usually happens in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
Well now, that's actually pretty interesting to hear.
plus the rest is the same also has several scenes with this yuris Kumiki not only with Reina more with Hazuki also with Haruka such scenes there are no more than true friendship and display of affection. By creating such rilacionamentos fans are rewriting and destroying the true friendships is one of the focus of the anime.
the vol1 focuses on reconciliation resumption of friendship between Reina and Kumiko this is one of the arches at the end after hearing comes to Reina's confession to Taki-Sensei.
The big problem is that they are running the material to do all the vol. 1 fit this season the story running and jumping parts, but the manga follows the rhythm of memos LN

Now watch three series with many yuri are
Now watch 3 series that has a lot yuri are they Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid and Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku, Hello !! Kin-Iro Mosaic and am enjoying them all.
Since two of my favorite series contains yuri Which are Mandoka and Nanoha.
What I do not like is fanwank and- When a person distorts history and rewrites it to your taste.
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:24   Link #64
Romanticide

Quote:
normal relationship in Germany has a sense of tradition, which usually happens in most cases.
So you are imply only hetero relationships are normal, it seems......
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:44   Link #65
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twangansta View Post
I'm sorry I'll have to disagree. I do admit some pairings are completely illogical, but people don't usually draw up fanfics out of thin air. In Cross Ange Hilda and Ange had more than their share of romantic moments.

I understand your perspective (from the manga and LN), but there is clear evidence in the anime adaptation that strongly favors a Reina/Kumiko relationship over the Shuuichi/Kumiko one (one could arguably say that this one has no development at all). It seems that the removal of scenes points to the adaptation taking a slightly different route. I'm not saying the Shuuichi/Kumiko relationship won't happen in the anime, but rather that the interactions of the characters don't have the more definite direction of the manga/LN. Revealing the contents of the LN can be used to say what WILL happen as what the original author intended I agree, and also possibly fill in the blanks of the more subtle developments in the anime. But using content from the novel to argue for scenes that weren't present in the anime will be doing a disservice to both.

Honestly, being so far in the anime story, revealing Reina's affections for Taki-sensei or her outburst at Kumiko now would literally be pulling something out of thin air as if Shuuichi and Kumiko just suddenly got together. I'm not saying developments like this will be bad, but there isn't much to support it from an anime perspective. If the anime were longer (or have other seasons to develop it properly) I'd understand, but if things do move along like this that will just make it an incomplete work.

Why develop the Reina/Kumiko relationship so far along? Call it yuri-bait or whatever, but if that's the case than I'll have to re-evaluate the series as a whole, especially since it seems to be in the novel. Adding unnecessary drama that takes away from the main plot of the work just to garner views is just poor writing.
but no one is claiming that this relationship occurs this season, only stating that the anime did not take such a course created by the fans, They are beginning to create fanwank, and force these things did not occur.
you want an example of massive fanwank, see the topics of Aldnoah.Zero nothing was quoted aldnoah.zero after the end of first season It happened, the fanwank not stopped in the second tempora and to the end of the anime, nothing they postavam and raised happening in the anime, the funny thing is that the more invented fanwank more anime and belied the fact occurred on the contrary.

about Ange was very clear that she had no interrese in women, she was one of the firmest character about his intentions.
About Hilda was one-sided, only came from the part of Hilda, Ange never showed any interrese that was not friendship.
They even make party when found that Tusk had died.

The big problem is that if a man shows an admiring friendship for another man ready fans already turn guys into gays.
The same thing ocrre with the women at the lowest sign of affection he already transformed at the end of the world
Old 2015-06-02, 01:03   Link #66
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:

I do not understand your point.
I have several friends and friends who have relationships with people of the same fri and I relate well with Them.
I have nothing against such relationships.

I fear such a difference between how the man-aoi is portrayed and a woman-there is retracted.
Now that's prejudice
Because only men are portrayed with woman's appearance and bishonem.
while women are retratas the pretty and women moe because we have no shoujo-ai and yuri anime with girls with more masculine appearances, as in most cases of real life, not we see girls with masculine tastes, interreses in men's things acting as a man .
Because only men are portrayed with appearances of women.
this would not prejudice the anime industry
Old 2015-06-02, 01:53   Link #67
Romanticide

I don't understand what you're trying to say??? All i got was that you said you aren't because you have friends who are not straight....don't understand what else you said.
Old 2015-06-02, 02:07   Link #68
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say??? All i got was that you said you aren't because you have friends who are not straight....don't understand what else you said.
Yes route of childhood friend is a cliché que Occur in various animes, but in anime with male protagonists.

The route yuri and shonem-ai is cliché tipic of anime with female protagonist, happen in almost every anime que It has female protagonists. always the same thing the same story and same kind of relationship she always ends with another girl.

taking about it is rare to find an anime with female MC que has a relationship and interest in the boy.
afterthought taking Cross Ange and Tamako in recent years can not remember me from others.

always have the same routes and stories in anime with female protagonist They always end up with people of the same gender,
incredible is rare to find a heterosexual relacionameto in anime that has a girl as the protagonist.

To me yes que que is prejudice.
Old 2015-06-02, 02:09   Link #69
Romanticide

There are lots of anime with Female MC's who end up with dudes. Shoujo's do that all the time.
Old 2015-06-02, 02:54   Link #70
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
There are lots of anime with Female MC's who end up with dudes. Shoujo's do that all the time.

you mean sleeve.
the anime the only ones who have such pairing are Those Which have harems reverse, i do not like this style.
and it is rare to come by.
and researched in the last five years is very rare to find.
Especially slice of life and action and adolescents.
If you know some, you can quote me 2012 onwards.

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-06-02 at 03:34.
Old 2015-06-02, 13:42   Link #71
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
you mean sleeve.
the anime the only ones who have such pairing are Those Which have harems reverse, i do not like this style.
and it is rare to come by.
and researched in the last five years is very rare to find.
Especially slice of life and action and adolescents.
If you know some, you can quote me 2012 onwards.
Most anime with female main characters have no romance at all and those that do are almost always with men.

Some examples from 2012 onwards

Spoiler for Spoilers obviously:

Actual yuri between main characters in anime is very rare and not nearly as common as female protagonists ending up with boys which is only rare because romance anime with female protagonists are rare. Most shoujos aren't reverse harems either as that is a genre that has fallen a bit out of style. Most reverse harem anime nowadays will be based on Otome games.
Old 2015-06-02, 17:59   Link #72
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Most anime with female main characters have no romance at all and those that do are almost always with men.

Some examples from 2012 onwards

Spoiler for Spoilers obviously:

Actual yuri between main characters in anime is very rare and not nearly as common as female protagonists ending up with boys which is only rare because romance anime with female protagonists are rare. Most shoujos aren't reverse harems either as that is a genre that has fallen a bit out of style. Most reverse harem anime nowadays will be based on Otome games.
you're kidding, if you search is over 100 anime in recent years q female protagonist does not show any interest a man, and is always interested another woman.

Here is the list 1/3

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Black★Rock Shooter
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Mai-HiME
Ga-Rei: Zero
Uta Kata
Venus Versus Virus
Aoi Hana
Akuma no Riddle
Gokujo.: Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari
Kanamemo
Kannazuki no Miko
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Sakura Trick
Sasameki Koto
Simoun
no Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Risa x Miya Gekijou
Steel Angel Kurumi 2
Tenshi no Drop
Strawberry Panic
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Yuru Yuri
K-On!
A-Channel
Kiniro Mosaic
Kanamemo
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Hidamari Sketch
Strawberry Panic!
Yuru Yuri
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Strawberry Panic
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Maria Holic
Hidamari Sketch
Saki
Kannazuki no Miko
Sasameki Koto
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Aoi Hana
Traveller Yami

All equal when it comes to relationships and love interest of femina protagonist is always the same she has not the slightest interest in men and is always interested in other woman.

always equal, the female protagonist, has such taste, such interest such relationship, never have interest in man, ta she always interested in woman,
Old 2015-06-02, 20:13   Link #73
rymmkon

Quote:
you're kidding, if you search is over 100 anime in recent years q female protagonist does not show any interest a man, and is always interested another woman.

Here is the list 1/3

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Black★Rock Shooter
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Mai-HiME
Ga-Rei: Zero
Uta Kata
Venus Versus Virus
Aoi Hana
Akuma no Riddle
Gokujo.: Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari
Kanamemo
Kannazuki no Miko
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Sakura Trick
Sasameki Koto
Simoun
no Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Risa x Miya Gekijou
Steel Angel Kurumi 2
Tenshi no Drop
Strawberry Panic
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Yuru Yuri
K-On!
A-Channel
Kiniro Mosaic
Kanamemo
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Hidamari Sketch
Strawberry Panic!
Yuru Yuri
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Strawberry Panic
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Maria Holic
Hidamari Sketch
Saki
Kannazuki no Miko
Sasameki Koto
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Aoi Hana
Traveller Yami

All equal when it comes to relationships and love interest of femina protagonist is always the same she has not the slightest interest in men and is always interested in other woman.

always equal, the female protagonist, has such taste, such interest such relationship, never have interest in man, ta she always interested in woman,
Almost all of the series that you have chosen as evidence are very explicitly in the yuri or shoujo-ai genre. Many of them also only have 100% female casts, or casts with only one male character. You specifically went into a genre involving women who are interested in women and complained about those women not dating men. That's like me going into a shoujo romance anime and asking why there aren't gay men in it.

Please stop trolling.
rymmkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 20:23   Link #74
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by rymmkon View Post
Almost all of the series that you have chosen as evidence are very explicitly in the yuri or shoujo-ai genre. Many of them also only have 100% female casts, or casts with only one male character. You specifically went into a genre involving women who are interested in women and complained about those women not dating men. That's like me going into a shoujo romance anime and asking why there aren't gay men in it.

Please stop trolling.
He thinks there's a legion of yuri shippers that spawned from Hyouka. Also he listed Yuru Yuri and Madoka Magica. Twice.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 21:00   Link #75
Romanticide

More than half of the ones he listed don't even have confirmation, it's just bait. The only one i know that had confirmation in that was Yuri Kuma Arashi, and the author/creator is a lesbian so there wasn't any baiting.
Old 2015-06-02, 21:16   Link #76
Birdway
Banned

*looks at the episode*
Yeap, nothing has changed.

Wonder if people still do think the anime is a thing on its own.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 21:55   Link #77
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Novels are novels. TV shows are TV shows. Having written both professionally, I can assure you that they're not the same thing.

There's a legendary story in Hollywood about the movie The Maltese Falcon. Supposedly it was John Huston's routine to have his secretary convert a novel he was about to adapt into screenplay format, word-for-word, so he could use it as a starting point. But with The Maltese Falcon, the converted manuscript somehow made it into the hands of a studio executive while Huston was on vacation, and the executive immediately called Huston raving that it was perfect and he shouldn't change a thing.

There's a reason why that story is so legendary - because it never happens. When you're adapting a story that was originally in one format over into another format, there's always something that won't work and will have to be changed. And that's not counting things the adapter wants to change.

The advice given to most novelists when their books are picked up for screen adaptation is, "Take the money and run, because you're not going to like what they do with your story." If you're lucky, the adaptation will be fairly faithful - but it doesn't have to be, and often isn't.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 21:58   Link #78
Birdway
Banned

And what is your point about what I said?

As adaptation, it's doing a good job.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 22:18   Link #79
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'll have to take your word on that, with the caveat that past performance is no guarantee of future results. I once saw an adaptation of Great Expectations that followed the novel faithfully until the last five minutes, and then took a turn that would have made Dickens's head explode.

I find the whole relationship fuss annoying, and it's a bad habit of mine to stick my nose in the middle of arguments I find annoying. But I really don't have a horse in the race. As far as I'm concerned, Kumiko and Reina already have a relationship worth following even without any smooching, Shouuichi seems too bland for boyfriend material but that could always change, and Reina having a crush on her teacher seems like a fairly normal occurrence. Let's get back to the musical part of the story now...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 22:37   Link #80
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymmkon View Post

Please stop trolling.

exactly as you wrote, and as I get an anime that was based on a novel by LN heteresexual, both girls like men, which was not listed yuri/shoujo-ai and create relationships between the girls and make them what they are not, you described exactly what yuri fans are doing in Hibike and made in Cross Ange.
Congratulations you speak one thing and does another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
He thinks there's a legion of yuri shippers that spawned from Hyouka. Also he listed Yuru Yuri and Madoka Magica. Twice.
this is a fact, all anime that has a female protagonist who has a interested man in it, and it has a beautiful girlfriend, the slightest movement of the beautiful girl, they already transformed the girls in lesbian and create a relationship.
This is a fact,
just read the topics of these animes every 10, 6 fans yuri are creating relationship among girls.

Quote:
More than half of the ones he listed don't even have confirmation, it's just bait. The only one i know that had confirmation in that was Yuri Kuma Arashi, and the author/creator is a lesbian so there wasn't any baiting.
quotes anime, girls are not interested in men, and prefer girls, did not say that in the end would relationship,
always the same route, lack of interest in man, always preferring another woman. You are are the 95% characteristic with animes feminas protagonists already become generic.
I am not saying that is relationship, more interest in the same sex is present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
*looks at the episode*
Yeap, nothing has changed.

I find it hard to believe, the level of stubbornness and fanwank is very similar to the fans of Slaine .
They persisted, until the end of the anime, believing in their fanwank same as the anime and the fact prove otherwise.

Tags
music