1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-14, 07:09   Link #101
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Kids wouldnt know/care much about real life conflict reflected on their cartoon anyway XD

and adults should know when to differentiate entertainment and reality (generally hah!)
kids only know abt cool robots with cool weapons fighting with each other for no reason and nothing else....

Thats a difference between kids & young adults watching gundams
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 07:28   Link #102
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
4) new Haro is annoying and souless... doesn't have a "personality" like pink-chan
Screw it. That annoying thing without any usefulness. At least the new Haro can pilot a Gundam, and doing maintenance.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 07:36   Link #103
cf18
Mecha Pilot

There are still some plot hole they need to fill now that they go for close-to-real-world setting:

1) What happened to Nuclear power? Did they have some stupid accident in Russia again caused everyone to fear it, which also explain the Russia new border? Waste problem? Uranium on earth should be able to last us for billion of years, using already known technology. Nuclear power plants are also far easier to fortify and protect unlike those fragile towers.

2) How the hack do CB build or launch such a giant ship with out being noticed? What else is in space other then the towers? Any space colony or moon base?
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 07:47   Link #104
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Dam my computer suxs, i dl the MKV file instead of an AVI verstion of the sub....

Anyway like a few others have said, this ep is a huge improvment over the last, i can't wait for the next ep.
________
New mexico medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:16.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 07:50   Link #105
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
And since when is gundam covering a real conflict.This is serious matter.
Ever since the original MSG started criticizing Nazis and emulating WWII?
Old 2007-10-14, 07:53   Link #106
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
There are still some plot hole they need to fill now that they go for close-to-real-world setting:

1) What happened to Nuclear power? Did they have some stupid accident in Russia again caused everyone to fear it, which also explain the Russia new border? Waste problem? Uranium on earth should be able to last us for billion of years, using already known technology. Nuclear power plants are also far easier to fortify and protect unlike those fragile towers.

2) How the hack do CB build or launch such a giant ship with out being noticed? What else is in space other then the towers? Any space colony or moon base?
1) Maybe they have a treaty where they totally omitted the use of nuclear power?

2) Maybe they incorporated Stealth Technology, GN drive & Frequencies jamming at the same time together, thus making it less detectable?

1 thing is still don't understand is

Spoiler:

Last edited by duotiga; 2007-10-14 at 08:15.
Old 2007-10-14, 08:01   Link #107
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
1 thing is still don't understand is

Spoiler:
They did alerted their guys in Sri Lanka that the CB were going there. I guess they were still unsure of the CB's capabilities and what they were after and were caught offguard in terms of reinforcements.
Old 2007-10-14, 08:04   Link #108
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp View Post
I'd wager a guess that Africa is under AEUs thumb at least, considering that is where the AEU elevator is at.
Doesn't mean Africa is part of their union though. But seeing as how the AEU seem to have a few bases scattered around the elevator...

My guess for the next episode is that Graham is defeated, at least going by his "o_O" face in the preview.
Not necessarily, he could be holding his own when his superiors call him back for running off on his own to fight Exia, and in HRL airspace no less.
Old 2007-10-14, 08:29   Link #109
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

is this...Union Realdo?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-14, 08:43   Link #110
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
1) grunt unit is terrible, slow and clumsy . I would take a zaku/windam over a grunt any day :/
2) uhm Sri Lanka, I wonder where is their next mision? Israel and Palestine (Yes they definitely still fighting 400 years from now), and then Kurds vs Turkey?
3) I voted 7/10 because the launching sequence is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long and filler-ish
4) new Haro is annoying and souless... doesn't have a "personality" like pink-chan
5) didn't catch any reused screen so far so that is a good thing
Id love the grunt units if they where in a mecha series that was going for more near-future designs. Theyd fit perfectly since they have the feel of "This is what tanks evolved into".

But putting them in with gundams just makes them look like slow moving scrap metal just waiting to be wasted by the more agile and fantasy like gundams.

Oh well series so far is still nice for very well animated mecha destruction and some great Gundam mecha designs at the least.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 08:56   Link #111
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Id love the grunt units if they where in a mecha series that was going for more near-future designs. Theyd fit perfectly since they have the feel of "This is what tanks evolved into".

But putting them in with gundams just makes them look like slow moving scrap metal just waiting to be wasted by the more agile and fantasy like gundams.
That's why they have to think about upgrade their MS. People never want to improve themselves unless they face hard obstacle
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 09:13   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's why they have to think about upgrade their MS. People never want to improve themselves unless they face hard obstacle
Yeah, and at least the grunts tried to fight back in 00. It was literally their outclassed equipment that cost them the battle, not any error on their part.

The grunts in 00 are not idiots. They actually feel and act like real soldiers rather than incompetent fools who couldn't be trusted with a driver's license.
Old 2007-10-14, 09:22   Link #113
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, and at least the grunts tried to fight back in 00. It was literally their outclassed equipment that cost them the battle, not any error on their part.

The grunts in 00 are not idiots. They actually feel and act like real soldiers rather than incompetent fools who couldn't be trusted with a driver's license.
well at least they have some tactical plans in their assualt which makes the battle realistic ya? instead of just using the equipment for driving in *cough cough* SEED/Destiny. Thats a vast difference out there
Old 2007-10-14, 09:22   Link #114
hamstar
just passing by

this is probably the 1st gundam series ever where I have been questioning where the plot is going next. There is so much mystery to this series. Firstly you have the obvious question of how and where are the celestial being people getting all this advanced technology from? What happened to the leader of CB? Who exactly is tiera? What are his motives?
Who the hell was piloting the gundam in ep1 when setsuna got saved? Why is the main character's name japanese when he's supposed to be Kurd/middle eastern? GM particles??? wtf?

A few theories of mine:

-the leader of Celestial Being is dead and it was his recordings that got passed to the future CB. That explains everything nicely.

-it's entirely possible that the some of the crew of CB if not ALL of them (with the exception of setsuna) are from the future, that would explain where all that advanced technology came from. I think CB has an ulterior motive other than bringing peace to the world.

I love this series, I was sad when terra-e ended but this series is just as good if not better. It really has surpassed my expectations already.
Old 2007-10-14, 09:23   Link #115
Katsumara
The cake eater.

I rewatched through better subs today and I have to say, I'm loving this. The explanation of all the three factions along with a look at the characters outside the Gundams, even if it's just them moving to get inside them, was nice too. The random spots of Wang Liu Ming were that.. random, but I guess she can go all ninja-y or something and get to places quick. >.> It's funny to see her carried though. Who needs a throne when you have your own personal guard to carry ya around.

Their little intervention though was played out nice, and even if it did no damage, it was nice to see Exias get hit instead of dodge everything while slaughtering. Also nice to see him destroy suits on both sides. Obviously the Sri-Lanka thing brings back bad memories for him as he went all "Heero" mode on us, sorda.

Graham Acre seems like our heroe's main adversary or something. I just get that vibe from him. He's pretty cool though and the obvious guy I can tell that fans are gonna fangirl over, xD Not that it's a bad thing. His Union Flagg looks pretty spiffy.

All and all, I really enjoyed episode 2. Episode 3 looks interesting. Exia seems to be getting in some trouble!

Also, another note. I like the grunts. I know they are weak now, but it's nice to see a different model design and all. The helmets the pilots wear also reminds me of the helmets the pilots of the LFO's wear from Eureka SeveN o.o;
Old 2007-10-14, 09:28   Link #116
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
They did alerted their guys in Sri Lanka that the CB were going there. I guess they were still unsure of the CB's capabilities and what they were after and were caught offguard in terms of reinforcements.
The HRA leader notified his advisor to carry out what they planned to deal with CB and hoped to capture a Gundam.

As typical they underestimated the gundams' capabilities. This is the first actual battle against CB (As we see soldiers being surprised that Kyrios wasn't exactly a jet fighter solely).

Quote:
it's entirely possible that the some of the crew of CB if not ALL of them (with the exception of setsuna) are from the future, that would explain where all that advanced technology came from. I think CB has an ulterior motive other than bringing peace to the world.
The CB leader gained prominence when he developed a theory and designs for creating Orbital Elevators, Solar Power, and the MS that would defend them.

He of course was rejected.

So if he established his organization or attempted to follow through with his theories, CB would have 200 years to bring it to where it is now. Eitherway they'd still would have a big headstart compared to everyone else.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 09:31   Link #117
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The HRA leader notified his advisor to carry out what they planned to deal with CB and hoped to capture a Gundam.

As typical they underestimated the gundams' capabilities.
i like the way AEU governors commenting the Gundam: The technologies surpassses their current capabilities.

This might somehow the presence of Celestrial Beings & their Gundams might spark an unofficial military arms race?
Old 2007-10-14, 10:03   Link #118
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
This episode was pretty good IMO. Gundam Exia slicing through the Tierens like a hot knife through butter is really nice. One question though: How come the 3 union's MS are so outdated compared to Celestial Being's? Wouldn't they have better ones, since they have more resources?
Union = superior in technology
HRL = more resources
AEU = uh, nothing so far?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 10:14   Link #119
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

AEU = copy cat

Probably will be the first country to produce 'fake' Gundam type MS
Old 2007-10-14, 10:16   Link #120
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Why is the main character's name japanese when he's supposed to be Kurd/middle eastern?
Setsuna is a code name
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0173752db1.jpg
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote