AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 22:48   Link #61
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blago View Post
Sorry, I didn't think it was enough of a spoiler to deserve it.

Spoiler for Aiyoku no Eustia, finished!:

Anyway, overall IMO this was a GREAT VN and I don't regret the big effort I made to read it all with my very limited japanese knowledge (relying on JParser, since I can't read most of the kanji), and I think I learnt a lot while doing it.

Edit: lol, I was still missing one appendix scene, that's why bust up and bg were still locked.
I didn't say it was one; it's just a reminder . though it's bordering on spoiling my expectations, if not the plot.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 01:51   Link #62
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blago View Post
Spoiler for Aiyoku no Eustia, finished!:
Spoiler for about the ending:
Old 2011-05-12, 08:09   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for about the ending:
Keep making more noise alongside Japan's otaku and August may go down the Light route
Old 2011-05-23, 08:14   Link #64
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I still don't understand how the Gran Forte remade the city into its current form....If a portion of the city broke off and fell to whatever remained of the earth how did the part that became the Prison district end up lower than the rest of Novus Aether? Unless its fall was arrested partway....
Old 2011-05-23, 08:52   Link #65
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This iis all grand and dandy, the question is...will it be releassed in US in english
Old 2011-05-23, 19:34   Link #66
Seitsuki
Onee!

Seeing how I can't think of a single August game that has a completed Eng patch, let alone an official Eng release... don't bet on it :P
Old 2011-05-24, 12:57   Link #67
Zexas

I finally finished this game.

The plot are nice and defintely a good VN but

Spoiler for spoiler:

Don't get me wrong though this is a really wonderful VN that put your emotion in roller coaster but the way I see it something tells me that this not the whole story yet. I mean the way they got no epiloques and all seems suspicious to me. August game usually wrap things up nicely. Perhaps someday they would release a fandisc for this....
Old 2011-05-24, 13:11   Link #68
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
Perhaps someday they would release a fandisc for this....
I would certainly feel happy if that were the case (unless they further twist the knife in the wound .. damn that appendix), but August's past history with fandisks doesn't make me hopeful. None of their past games have ever had a fandisk released for them, so it doesn't look like those feature within August's business scheme. If one were to come out for Eustia, that would be a first. A very welcome first indeed, but meanwhile i'm afraid i won't be holding my breath.
Old 2011-05-24, 14:54   Link #69
Zexas

Of course I wouldn't cross my fingers for it either but let's be optimistic a little bit (the ending just affect me that much).

This would be august first game with a tone that is a lot different than their previous work. It's dark heavy with alot of question regarding morality (prostitution, kill or to be killed, trauma, government politic, religion,sacrifice etc etc) people dying left and right and even something that blatantly wrong had to be done to simply calm the crowd. And if one wants to argue here almost everyone standing in grey area.

And that's what make it good. But some aspect of the game needs to be round up.

Past August game gave a really satisfying closure hence at the very least there's no need for a FD with all the fanservice to cheapen things up. But this time August seems went out of the norm which makes me think that some things could still be done (in the FD of course).

Spoiler for For example:

Then again this could be just a wishful thinking of a fan that simply want happiness for two fictional character that went through alot in the game.

Last edited by Zexas; 2011-05-24 at 15:12.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 15:16   Link #70
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
Then again this could be just a wishful thinking of a fan that simply want happiness for two fictional character that went through alot in the game.
Oh, i definitely agree with that. I said it before and I'll say it again - the ending was one of the more emotionally unfulfilling ones i have had the "pleasure" of experiencing in a long time. I am no stranger to endings where someone gets the short end of the stick and would normally shrug and move on, but this one felt extra unsatisfying considering how incompatible Caim's and Tia's final sentiments were. Just ... meh. (And that appendix ...grrr).

Which is why I am working on a fanfic "after story" type of deal (75 pages worth of word document and counting ), for my own peace of mind if nothing else, touching upon the things you mentioned in your spoiler as well. Yeah, i didn't like the ending that much.

Though i will agree the way it ended, and given the nature of the universe, there is a lot that can be done with the ending, and many ways things can go from there. It certainly seems much more "fandiskable" than August's previous titles, so it is always nice to entertain the possibility they just might make one for this, no matter how unlikely.
Old 2011-06-12, 10:28   Link #71
lightl

http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=1458 well it looks they are starting now , they are looking for some help to
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 12:56   Link #72
larethian

I wish them luck, though they might want to consider getting one more translator. It's going to be a long journey.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:38   Link #73
Seitsuki
Onee!

No kidding. >.>

Where's our luck?
Old 2011-06-12, 22:24   Link #74
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
No kidding. >.>

Where's our luck?
you? .
Old 2011-06-13, 00:27   Link #75
Seitsuki
Onee!

・_・

*tear rolls down cheek*

;_・

You have just utterly depressed my day. I dub thee anew: harbinger of sorrows, and herald of woes. (is totally not being overly dramatic)
Old 2011-12-11, 02:15   Link #76
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Looks like August decided to release a figure of Eustia at January 10th for 12800 yen

http://storenet.jp/shop/sbcr/g/g20029951201106/
http://www.august-soft.com/img/eustia_figure.png
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, visual novel