Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-03-17, 15:12   Link #1
AnimeFan188

D&D: Dark Alliance

Dark Alliance is a D&D-themed brawler that feels a bit like Gears of War

"Where the original from 2001 was a very top-down experience, the new Dark
Alliance gets players right into the action with an over-the-shoulder perspective that
feels more like Gears of War — just without the cover mechanics.

Polygon had the opportunity to experience an early version of Dark Alliance in a
hands-on demo led by Tuque Games creative director and co-founder Jeff Hattem.
The level we played — titled “The Verbeeg Jamboree” — showed off many of its key
features. What was immediately apparent during our demo is how much energy
Wizards has devoted to the game’s environments and cutscenes. Dark Alliance is set
in the Icewind Dale region, the same location as the most recent pen-and-paper
campaign module. It’s a harsh, northern climate filled with snow, wind, and
mountains."

See:

https://www.polygon.com/2021/3/16/22...ase-date-price

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 01:07   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Graphics look dated for a new game, what's it made on? I'm a fan of the original, this seems to shift into more of a Neverwinter (game) tone, but then again, I can't say I enjoyed Diablo III as my last isometric hack&slash experience, so maybe the change was warranted.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 11:51   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Neverwinter was pretty good though

As for the setting.....it's ALWAYS Icewind Dale and the Sword Coast whenever anything happens in Faerun lol. Never do we see Mulhorand or Khur or the Northeast
Old 2021-03-22, 13:22   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah Neverwinter was great, but it's been around for quite a while now. As for the Sword Coast, I think it's mostly because that's where the majority of games take place (Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc) although there have been exceptions like Pool of Radiance, which took place around the Moonsea. At any rate, game devs have samples to inspire from without risking a new creation.

That, and the characters are totally Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar and Catti-Brie, only Regis is missing from the party, and with that "the gem is calling" line, it's safe to assume they're just going for what was popular in the books (IIRC it fell off by a lot come Wulfgar's return).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-27, 22:25   Link #5
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The Drizzt spam since 15+ years ago is really getting out of hand if you ask me.....That one time time the other Drow got the limelight in the War of The Spider Queen timeline as well as the current arc with Gromph and whoosh, more Drizzt. (also, Gromph is surprisingly adept at losing his daughters lol)
Old 2021-06-14, 02:37   Link #6
tanamonn

I believe that everyone has their own, and personally, as a fan of this game, I liked it, despite the graphics. Because I ignore the graphics and more to the gameplay. It's the same with the D&D board game, which is more years old than me, but I still played it with my friends. Since there is also a kind of gameplay there. Yes, for a beginner, it may be uninteresting or complicated. Still, we do not live in the Stone Age. Everyone has the Internet, so you can find many guides on this game, one of which I use to this day is the site https://dndguide.net/, and no, I'm not asking anyone to do so something they don't want to do. Since everyone has their own opinion and I do not wish to impose my perspective on anyone.

Last edited by tanamonn; 2021-06-15 at 04:31. Reason: I want to add a little bit of my opinion
tanamonn is offline   Reply With Quote