AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-04-03, 06:31   Link #3441
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Shin Kamen Rider will be released on March 2023 and guess who will write and direct it? None other than Hideaki Anno. So, Shin Eva, Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, now Shin Kamen Rider. Great job, Anno lol.

https://shin-kamen-rider.jp/
Holy crap! Anno strikes again with his "Shin"-ness!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
To be fair it always happened to Rider with least significance, even Agito is not an exception from it.
Another Agito and V-1 suit particularly cheap when you look at their 'main character counterpart' that Gills and G3X respectively.
What do you mean? Another Agito looks badass!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As for V-1, it's not even a Rider.
Old 2021-04-03, 06:35   Link #3442
iko_uwais

Maybe we will get Shin Gorenger one day, lol
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 06:40   Link #3443
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Anno should make Shin Guyver already. It's long overdue.

YouTube
Old 2021-04-03, 07:39   Link #3444
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The W anime adaptation is what I'm most excited about. Shin Kamen Rider might be good too. I didn't like Black much so I can't say I'm looking forward to the reboot. I guess it depends if they can modernize it successfully.
Old 2021-04-03, 08:45   Link #3445
justavisitor

my first rider experience is black, so it always has a special place in my heart. They better hire back the original actor as the main character! Ok, I know this is not happening, but come on, at least have him as a cameo please, like the adaptive father of the main character (if they still follow that line)

And finally, I will have an anime to watch next year if the W anime adaptation doesn't suffer any delay
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 09:58   Link #3446
iko_uwais

Black was extremely popular during my childhood and is pretty much what most normies think when you mention kamen rider here, so I'm highly excited
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 10:48   Link #3447
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don't 100% like Black, but the concept is great, the rider-suits are simply cool, the music score is excellent (especially after coming from Showa shows with barely any memorable & nice-sounding music), and the monsters actually look like monsters instead of dudes in tight pants with strange upper bodies like in many Showa shows. Gorgom really feels like something out of horror movies.

One thing that I think the Black reboot can never top is the music score & songs. All of them are pretty iconic by this point, even though the OP sung by Black himself (Tetsuo Kurata) doesn't have the best-sounding vocal out there .

YouTube
Old 2021-04-03, 18:44   Link #3448
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the main reason I wasn't able to enjoy Black is that I watched Tekkaman Blade years before and it's basically Black except a hundred times better.
Old 2021-04-05, 07:20   Link #3449
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sorry for the double post, but I just watched the latest Saber and I wonder what others think of Durandal's powers. Given his book jingle, it's time related, and the way his powers work make it look like it's King Crimson (as in, he skips/erases time for those who haven't watched Jojo)
Old 2021-04-05, 13:24   Link #3450
justavisitor

well, I never watch Jojo. But I find Durandal's power to be very similar to Sasuke's power in naruto. Moving himself and other around. To me it's more like instant transmission than time control. I will be glad if that is all of his power. Too powerful time control power like Odin in Ryuki will be so problemtic.

Random thoughts about this episode:

Touma can change himself into fire, liquid, and wind (even better than biorider in RX!!) and that gives Durandal problem. Well, Rinator's wonder combo can turn himself into liquid too if I remember it right. Well, time for the upgrade!!

Southern base looks medieval at certain places, but that modern garage/parking lot is killing the mood lol

And they finally fix the security leak problem in Northern base with the return of Sophia. (Doubt Reika knows there is a channel between northern base and Touma's bookstore?? But this is Rider's common theme as they never bother to raid the main rider's living address XD)

Haven't seen a rider that does so many dirty tricks in one episode for a long time, it's almost so satisfying

Come to think of it , the reason Rintaro can escape from the southern base with the main cast is because the "IT" guys in the southern base don't cut off Rintaro's admin access in time XD (in the first half of the episode, Ryo states he doesn't have the access to the southern base anymore)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 20:49   Link #3451
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Ironic.

Bucciarati, the blue-colored Stand owner, announced his group is going to betray the boss, King Crimson made debut. Here, Rintaro, the blue-colored Rider who share similar background, have to deal with time skip when he decided to betray Master Logos.

Now I understand why Durandal suit is so sleek even in comparison to Sabela.
To activate time skip he need to repeat transformation phase manually. The user abuse it as well, can't imagine doing that with suit similar to Elemental Dragon.

Love this episode for same reason as justavisitor.
When was the last time we saw Rider abusing their powers and willing to resort to dirty method when it doesn't work. LOL.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu