AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-03-16, 21:12   Link #1261
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Now I'm old...

And in your age range, man I was kicked outta uni in Canada for a bad grade, coupled with hospital...

UPDATE: Am informed that likely for the foreseable future, international students who study at RSIS may need to show proof that they got the vaccine. Not sure yet.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2021-03-18 at 03:54.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 06:56   Link #1262
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

John Magufuli, the president of Tanzania, passed away and it's suspected that he got COVID-19. He's a COVID denier.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2021-03-22, 22:54   Link #1263
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/141030...litary-at-helm

Some senators are calling to get rid of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases, mostly because they're such dumbasses in responding to it early after a few cases were confirmed in early 2020 and some of those appointed to it are ex-military officers who don't have public health experience.

Manila Mayor Moreno is against it, because mostly it's not a good idea while the Philippines is experiencing a surge of new cases.

Old 2021-03-24, 01:33   Link #1264
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
the Philippines is experiencing a surge of new cases.
Florida just declared a state of emergency the other day due to surge in cases as well. Obviously due to the fact that the spring-breakers are hitting up Florida and its beach for vacation as well as post-lockdown shenanigans. News was saying that it was so crowded you couldn't even see grass. I'm hoping Southern California doesn't head in that direction now that things are opening up (indoor dining and gyms have opened up in most areas). I've been off work since December as was luckily to avoid the sh*tshow in the hospital and I'm not wanting to come back the post spring break wave. The wave after Thanksgiving and in December was real bad in the hospital.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-24, 02:19   Link #1265
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Florida just declared a state of emergency the other day due to surge in cases as well. Obviously due to the fact that the spring-breakers are hitting up Florida and its beach for vacation as well as post-lockdown shenanigans. News was saying that it was so crowded you couldn't even see grass. I'm hoping Southern California doesn't head in that direction now that things are opening up (indoor dining and gyms have opened up in most areas). I've been off work since December as was luckily to avoid the sh*tshow in the hospital and I'm not wanting to come back the post spring break wave. The wave after Thanksgiving and in December was real bad in the hospital.
I've seen some FB posts from people who are pro-China and the comments I see (paraphrase) is due to democrcy and all that. (eg the state of emergency imposed due to those SBs).

Old 2021-03-26, 01:03   Link #1266
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I've seen some FB posts from people who are pro-China and the comments I see (paraphrase) is due to democrcy and all that. (eg the state of emergency imposed due to those SBs).
Well I can only see what's on the news, but it's no fact that everyone in the US is ready to get out of the lockdown. Gyms and indoor dining are opening up here in some of the counties in Southern Cali. Can you blame everyone for wanting to get out? Yes and no. I'm guilty myself, I hit up my local gym the day after it finally opened up last week. I guess in the coming weeks/months we will see how effective the vaccine actually is and see if there is a rise in case in the hospitals.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-26, 23:26   Link #1267
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/03/24/co...s-sinovac-jab/

A clinic in HK is not allowed to be involveed in the vaccination program anymore for recommending the use Pfizer/BioNTech instead of using those made by Sinovac.

Pro-Beijing news reports/political groups accused the clinic of "ruining" Sinovac's reputation.

Old 2021-03-27, 04:43   Link #1268
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Metro Manila likely going into lockdown again, for one week during the Easter Holy Week.

On the upside I don't have to fight traffic to the hospital.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-29, 09:35   Link #1269
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The reason why I hate living in a country where the government has done things that don't make sense (eg I call them dumb)

Wish I was still in Canada. Least they got a gameplan.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2021-03-29 at 09:52.
Old 2021-04-06, 07:07   Link #1270
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

As far as I know, my old man's willing to take any working vaccine once they're available in my local city. Like Sinovac and shit...

Should've left Manila to do my Masters a year ago if I didn't screw up my studies for the BA.

Least we cleared the air that I start going to Singapore to start my Masters by next year.

Old Today, 02:12   Link #1271
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Heard from old man that since Sinovac's in Manila, may as well take it. Then maybe take another shot later on after a few months like Moderna or Astra.

Also heard from him that you may need Sinovac injected prior to going to HK.

This is way getting political, considering my dad has a personal bank account there.

Old Today, 17:02   Link #1272
AC-Phoenix
Detective

When your grandmother makes an appointment for vaccination and doesn't ask which vaccine she'll get beforehand... Note: She takes heart medication, and even EMA admitted that one of the vaccines can cause thromboses. She also has a stroke before.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote