AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 26.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-27, 06:12   Link #821
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Well for one, Ellen is actually useful. Jk
I don't get the hate for this volume. Sure the Kamisato harem part was awkward but it was supposed to be awkward, and allow us to relate with his goal better. If it made you rate the volume low, it did a damn good job at what it's supposed to do.
And she's likely the real force behind the Kamisato Faction.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 09:23   Link #822
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
That would be a cool development though, Kamijou actually becoming a bit evil is likely and I hope it does happen and come on, is just a trauma of magic gods really the result of countless millennia of torture? No, Kamijou has changed and you can see it when he feels the urge to kill Kamisato, pre Omega world Touma would never say something like that or feel something like that. The only other time was when he was extremely pissed at clone Aureolus but to be honest he just had amnesia so his character was a bit unstable.
He did the same on vol.17.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 10:01   Link #823
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
He did the same on vol.17.
Well I got into the series just as it was licensed. I also don't know much about OT and I don't want to because I want to read it
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 01:55   Link #824
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Fine. It is a harem we cannot deny that, but definitely it's best aspect is the not focusing on romance or making it overbearing. Actually, I came to love this series because it focused more on action, and that the people who hang around Kamijou (including females) are competent and battle ready.
I haven't read OT, but if it is like what your saying, were in for a hell of a ride.

Last edited by BladeMancer; 2015-11-30 at 02:08.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 00:10   Link #825
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
You know I just realized something. If Kamisato doesn't want the harem and calls Touma the harem acceptor...is this alluding to something or is it just me? An normal open end or romance end would be good, but a harem ending (at least for me, interpret as you will) is much more satisfying.
Spoiler for Reply:

It really pains me when uninformed people (that know nothing of the series past the anime and even then miss the point of the series) talk about To aru like it's one of those clone re-hashed harem LN, season 3 can't arrive soon enough, not talking about you, but others in general.
Old 2015-11-30, 01:48   Link #826
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Spoiler for Reply:

It really pains me when uninformed people (that know nothing of the series past the anime and even then miss the point of the series) talk about To aru like it's one of those clone re-hashed harem LN, season 3 can't arrive soon enough, not talking about you, but others in general.

Yet season III should put a end to a lot of people who believe it to be another clone re-hashed harem LN because that when the plot all start coming together not a 1 book, 1plot thing.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 17:04   Link #827
DragonXX

Any guess what volume 15 volume 15 of NT is going to be about, I myself think there a high chance it will be about Black Santa AKA Krampus because Dec. 5 Night is call by people Krampus night, maybe Accel will play a role in it because Krampus take away all the bad children and it could be every vaid what is call being Bad meaning that Last Order could be a target and it will not be hard have Krampus to took away all the kids because all the windows have bet destory in AC.

Also what do you think this LN ARC is going to be call because it have when to Magic God to WR in 4 book, I myself believe it could be call Chaos in AC because so far this whole arc have tooking place in AC which if you think about have bet the longest time for the plot to of bet in AC, so far 4 books.
Old 2015-12-02, 08:23   Link #828
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

NT 15?

I'm hoping for a Yuiitsu focused volume that includes Hamazura and Rikou, but I honestly doubt that this will happen so soon after that plot moved somewhere at the end of NT 14.

Another prediction is a volume about Aleister or his past. That could be pretty interesting. I don't expect it to happen, but perhaps we'll get more information about Aleister sooner rather than later.

Maybe the next volume will still be about Kamisato, but maybe he needs a day or two of in-story time to grow up before coming up with another complicated plot to mess with Touma and Co.

Another possibility is something revolving around Laura. Maybe something will happen to Index. This would also be welcomed.

Maybe a volume about Accelerator and/or Aiwass. That would definitely also be nice given that Aleister's goal is approaching...

Maybe a volume about Touma for once. To be honest, we've had very few volumes that are actually about Touma. We could say NT 13, NT 9, and NT 10 (maybe) are the only volumes that I would solidly claim are about mainly Touma and his feelings/motivations with that as the main goal.

Maybe a volume about Fiamma. I wouldn't mind that either. What happened in NT 13 was super weird, but I'm certain that this is foreshadowing something for later. Fiamma isn't Himegami.

Maybe a volume about how things go wrong in AC now that Noukan isn't there to suppress more difficult things that are going on. That would also be pretty interesting.

Maybe a volume about Kamisato from Kamisato's perspective. That could also be pretty interesting and would be a first. Though I doubt this will happen based on Kamachi's comments in the Afterword.

Maybe a volume about the Kiharas revolting or whatever. This is different from it being about Yuiitsu because in this case the plot will be about the Kiharas that now aren't united under one respected leader.

Maybe a volume that has to do with the #6, but I don't really see much of a reason for this to happen.

Maybe a volume that has to do with Fremea and/or Kakine and other parts of Frenda's legacy. I know that this may be completely wrong, but she has honestly gotten quite a bit of attention in this series over the course of time, and especially more recently. Whenever that happens to a character, it is usually because their plot will tie into something that is happening in the near future.

Maybe a volume that shows what happens when the parameter list gets leaked. I can just imagine the rioting that would go down if that were leaked at this point while the city is all but destroyed.

Maybe a volume that involves the Will of the Misaka network and/or the clones. I'd like that too. I don't expect Misaka to be involved seriously because she was important a bit too recently. I expect her to become seriously involved again in NT 16 or 17 at the earliest.

Maybe a volume that explores more of the theme of using magic that goes outside of your belief system or religion. This volume showed us something strange already... and I feel like it could be foreshadowing something larger that could happen on a global scale. The removal of the Magic Gods might lead to the practices of some different religions suddenly fusing together and affecting how magic is practiced and causing weird changes in the relationships between the different powers on the magic side.

Maybe a volume that explores the beings that we saw in OT and really haven't seen lately: i.e. angels, vaklyries, and etc.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Wait...a moment... I just realized something odd. I'm posting about this somewhere else... in a moment.

Last few ideas:

Maybe a volume about Himegami and immortal creatures (I suppose this could tie into my other idea from just now).

Maybe a volume that finally reveals something about IT and IB. Maybe we'll see something about Marian or Mjolnir... and this will be the excuse to move to England (because they'll be there for some reason).

The final idea that I can come up with is a volume about AC. A lot of shit has happened to it lately. Maybe people will want to clear out for a while or something. I'm sort of curious about what the situation in the city really is like. After all, a lot of the city DID get destroyed in NT 13...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 16:38   Link #829
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
NT 15?

I'm hoping for a Yuiitsu focused volume that includes Hamazura and Rikou, but I honestly doubt that this will happen so soon after that plot moved somewhere at the end of NT 14.

Another prediction is a volume about Aleister or his past. That could be pretty interesting. I don't expect it to happen, but perhaps we'll get more information about Aleister sooner rather than later.

Maybe the next volume will still be about Kamisato, but maybe he needs a day or two of in-story time to grow up before coming up with another complicated plot to mess with Touma and Co.

Another possibility is something revolving around Laura. Maybe something will happen to Index. This would also be welcomed.

Maybe a volume about Accelerator and/or Aiwass. That would definitely also be nice given that Aleister's goal is approaching...

Maybe a volume about Touma for once. To be honest, we've had very few volumes that are actually about Touma. We could say NT 13, NT 9, and NT 10 (maybe) are the only volumes that I would solidly claim are about mainly Touma and his feelings/motivations with that as the main goal.

Maybe a volume about Fiamma. I wouldn't mind that either. What happened in NT 13 was super weird, but I'm certain that this is foreshadowing something for later. Fiamma isn't Himegami.

Maybe a volume about how things go wrong in AC now that Noukan isn't there to suppress more difficult things that are going on. That would also be pretty interesting.

Maybe a volume about Kamisato from Kamisato's perspective. That could also be pretty interesting and would be a first. Though I doubt this will happen based on Kamachi's comments in the Afterword.

Maybe a volume about the Kiharas revolting or whatever. This is different from it being about Yuiitsu because in this case the plot will be about the Kiharas that now aren't united under one respected leader.

Maybe a volume that has to do with the #6, but I don't really see much of a reason for this to happen.

Maybe a volume that has to do with Fremea and/or Kakine and other parts of Frenda's legacy. I know that this may be completely wrong, but she has honestly gotten quite a bit of attention in this series over the course of time, and especially more recently. Whenever that happens to a character, it is usually because their plot will tie into something that is happening in the near future.

Maybe a volume that shows what happens when the parameter list gets leaked. I can just imagine the rioting that would go down if that were leaked at this point while the city is all but destroyed.

Maybe a volume that involves the Will of the Misaka network and/or the clones. I'd like that too. I don't expect Misaka to be involved seriously because she was important a bit too recently. I expect her to become seriously involved again in NT 16 or 17 at the earliest.

Maybe a volume that explores more of the theme of using magic that goes outside of your belief system or religion. This volume showed us something strange already... and I feel like it could be foreshadowing something larger that could happen on a global scale. The removal of the Magic Gods might lead to the practices of some different religions suddenly fusing together and affecting how magic is practiced and causing weird changes in the relationships between the different powers on the magic side.

Maybe a volume that explores the beings that we saw in OT and really haven't seen lately: i.e. angels, vaklyries, and etc.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Wait...a moment... I just realized something odd. I'm posting about this somewhere else... in a moment.

Last few ideas:

Maybe a volume about Himegami and immortal creatures (I suppose this could tie into my other idea from just now).

Maybe a volume that finally reveals something about IT and IB. Maybe we'll see something about Marian or Mjolnir... and this will be the excuse to move to England (because they'll be there for some reason).

The final idea that I can come up with is a volume about AC. A lot of shit has happened to it lately. Maybe people will want to clear out for a while or something. I'm sort of curious about what the situation in the city really is like. After all, a lot of the city DID get destroyed in NT 13...
As for the being like Valkyrie I think most of that is done which because of Othuins losing her power but the Archangel I don't think there done yet speicaly which all the stuff about Touma World Climate changing that bet bring up thoughtout NT even in NT 10 Prolodge Othuins a Magic God was puzzle about the climate change and now in NT 14 the Climate was bring up again this may mean in some form Garbiel is still in there World waiting for something most likey Christmas Eve and Day which also go which the The Star of Bethlehem being creative on Christmas Eve and Garbiel both have a deep connection to which Garbiel showing up on Christmas Eve saying Jesus the Christ was born and we still don't know what will happen to the Water because Touma World had the Great Idea to drop all the mystey Gold Stuff that was creative at the end of WWIII into the Ocean.

But something I wanted to know is why did Othuins not use that Gold Stuff to creative Gungir because it is of the divine too like a God is but this may mean that even the Magic Gods did not know how to use the Gold Stuff.
Old 2015-12-02, 17:34   Link #830
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

I'm thinking that this next volume will be breather episode, a calm before the storm arc (by Index standards). Maybe something like OT12, where the entire book is spent catching up with everyone.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 19:21   Link #831
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
i don't know where to post this...but the image thread is being locked like forever.....

just my sketch about othinus the bunny (tail) demon lord vs index the bunny (ear) yuusha

Spoiler for sketch:

on side note, i think NT15 is a transition like OT 12-17........, curious how kamachi will handle the further comparison between kamijou and kamisato
Old 2015-12-02, 20:40   Link #832
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Because of the tons of details that have been left behind from the latest volumes, it's too hard to tell if the series would go full-serious, full-comedy, or half-half like what happened in NT14.

I can't say if Mugino's closure with Frenda was the end for the Hamazura Brigade but they now have the lease to get away from the story. The same goes for Accelerator, since Last Order (Aleister's personal flesh terminal) is on a greater risk now that Aleister is dragged into desperation now that he's closer to the very people he hates.

On the Magic Side, we have really yet to determine the long-term effects of the exile of the Magic Gods. Nevertheless, we also have yet to see how the big magic factions that were weakened by WWIII have been faring. Laura's name has been showing up in speculations, but what of Necessarius in general? There's also the RCC; have they undergone reform and scrapped the concept of God's Right Seat?

Yuiitsu is frightening in her declaration to destroy both Magic and Science Sides because of Noukan's tragic fate. What exactly is a wrathful "surpassed Kihara" capable of? Would she drag the entire Kihara family into a civil war of sorts, or is she even capable of denting the Magic Side? What exactly is the "opposing axis"?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 23:06   Link #833
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

It feels as if there is always sides to be on, but I still feel like it's either Magic or Science, Touma Kamijou barely goes in between them but it still not another faction or side. Yuiitsu is still science atm. Magic gods are clearly on the side of Magic, What of the science side, what equivalent do they have? nothing, so would that qualify the reason why the MG's were exiled?

These questions I feel are not answered atm. If somebody does know, mind explaining?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 23:56   Link #834
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Man, I really need to finish this book, but I can't just find the motivation.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 01:56   Link #835
Chosen_Hero

I've been wondering if the Magic gods really were 99% (at least I think it was that number) of the source of power for the magic side then, how weak is the magic side now that they have all been eliminated/taken out of the equation? Is this what Alister was after to put his plan "back on track"?
Old 2015-12-03, 04:55   Link #836
LevelSeven

^without majins the magic side still got saints/valkyries, thor-lvl beings. birdway-lvl beings, fiamma and GRS-lvl beings, large scale magics like the "out of existence boat from OT11" or "peters(?) cross from OT9/10",

all in all if they have enough prepeartion even "normal fodder magicians" can create some dangerous stuff :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 09:32   Link #837
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I've been wondering if the Magic gods really were 99% (at least I think it was that number) of the source of power for the magic side then, how weak is the magic side now that they have all been eliminated/taken out of the equation? Is this what Alister was after to put his plan "back on track"?
They never were a power source to begin with.

They nominated themselves as the representative 99% of the magic side.

However just like the RCC's GRS posed themselves as the representative of the magic side during WW3 it doesn't means they really are.
Old 2015-12-03, 10:03   Link #838
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, even as they are "gods" among magicians, they are still magicians, not gods. They still adhere to Idol Theory (i.e., Othinus may or may not be Odin himself, High Priest cheated his way into enlightenment through Buddhist techniques, and Nephthys is a magician-created personification based on Egyptian mourning myths.)

What can considered a true god (or powerhouse, at least) is a being who does not follow Idol Theory like Aiwass or Cthulhu.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 10:29   Link #839
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It makes more sense when you guys remember that Aleister calla them magicians as well.
Old 2015-12-03, 16:36   Link #840
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I'm probably off base in this, but I had to make a few guesses on what will happen next, this is how I expect the next volume to go down.
(Keep in mind, these assumptions are unfounded)

A few of these things will probably end up happening either in volume 15 or 16.

Accelerator vs. Kamisato (Apartment destroyed. Maybe) Kakine assists him in protecting last order. The fight ends, and group begins reforming temporarily.
Kihara final scientist uprising begins (The remaining kihara original 7 will make an appearance.)
School Garden is attacked for some reason. ( Yuiitsu's on the fly strategy to force Touma, Kakeru, and the level 5s to gather in one place. Hamazura and item are attacked, Fremea is kidnapped again, and her ability is used in order to make them fight against each other and eliminate themselves.)
The organ crusher shows up, and the number 6 finally makes his debut, but uses a mask and/or alters his voice when making phone calls.
Laura still waiting for the science side to destroy itself from within before invading/conquering the city. (Using Aleister's own stategy of waiting on the sidelines as both sides wear themselves down against him and attempting to steal victory without lifting a finger. Aleister is forced into the offensive - possible confrontation with Fiamma and/or Kakeru. Kakeru joins forces with Aleister, Fiamma declines, but states his reasons. Decides to inform Kamijou on what is happening instead. Aliester is okay with this, as it ensures that the imagine breaker is not compromised.)
The City is nearly left in ruins, and due to this, the Kiharas are no longer interested in remaining there, and spread themselves evenly throughout the world. The third season cloning project is revived on an international level.
Seria Kumokawa confronts Yuiitsu, a fight breaks out, but she loses.
Mikoto still has no idea what magic is, and will most likely not find until volume 16. Her and Misaki are immune to Fremea's ability. But thats predictable.
The volume ends with Aiwass arranging a meeting with Laura, this disturbs her, but she doesn't express that to him/her/It.
Aiwass makes a deal with her, novel ends here.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birdway, kamisato kakeru