AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 21:32   Link #361
Kirarakim

I watched this first episode while waiting for public transportation at night in the pouring rain. Oh the atmosphere, oh the lulz.

Just what I expected from this writer.
Old 2013-04-12, 21:44   Link #362
backbone
Banned

The scene when Haruto came back to life and bite that blue-haired bishie like a vampire totally creeped me out
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 22:11   Link #363
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't know if this has been mentioned more, because the thread seems to have moved pretty quickly. I remember reading a post here shortly after it aired wondering about whether the mechs in the Opening are different mechs or if they're all the same Valvrave. Well, I think there's actually answer to this from some toy model kit stuff.

Spoiler for Just in case:

Edit: You know what? I'm really dumb and I didn't notice they updated the Mecha page with all the mechs already. LOL. Ignore me! ~_~
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 22:40   Link #364
LMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned more, because the thread seems to have moved pretty quickly. I remember reading a post here shortly after it aired wondering about whether the mechs in the Opening are different mechs or if they're all the same Valvrave. Well, I think there's actually answer to this from some toy model kit stuff.

Spoiler for Just in case:

Edit: You know what? I'm really dumb and I didn't notice they updated the Mecha page with all the mechs already. LOL. Ignore me! ~_~
Actually when you look at the mechanic page, all of Valvraves model have similar frame and body except for the head part and add on armor and weapon. Maybe Valvraves can indeed form change? The chance of this is low, but that what Im rooting for =)
LMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:06   Link #365
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Except that the Valvraves are all assigned completely different model numbers, with quite large amounts of range (The Valvrave we know is RM-011, while the next is 031). The majority of mecha shows that use form changes (like with SEED) have suffixes to their model numbers to denote a form change, however that isn't done here.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:07   Link #366
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
okay im all for robo mech anime but WTF starting off the episode by killing off the cute girl?!?!?!?!
Old 2013-04-12, 23:16   Link #367
LMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Except that the Valvraves are all assigned completely different model numbers, with quite large amounts of range (The Valvrave we know is RM-011, while the next is 031). The majority of mecha shows that use form changes (like with SEED) have suffixes to their model numbers to denote a form change, however that isn't done here.
Yeah i agree with you on that, that is why I said the chance is low =P

btw do anybody know what "PF名称" is? All Valvrave units seem to have it.
Old 2013-04-12, 23:21   Link #368
garbage

well 名称 means meishou or title / name
so it just designates model name.
not sure what the PF is where is this shown?

Last edited by garbage; 2013-04-12 at 23:46.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:30   Link #369
LMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
well 名称 means meishou or title / name
so it just designates model number.
not sure what the PF is where is this shown?
On the official website, in the Mechanic page, All Valvrave units seem to have different name.
Old 2013-04-12, 23:32   Link #370
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's not the model number, it's the nickname for each unit. Every Valvrave unit has a nickname associated with fire.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:34   Link #371
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
okay im all for robo mech anime but WTF starting off the episode by killing off the cute girl?!?!?!?!
There was an anime like that last season.
Old 2013-04-12, 23:37   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

At least they sacrifice the least unique looking female character
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:43   Link #373
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
At least they sacrifice the least unique looking female character
To be honest, I feel like I've seen all these character somewhere else before.
Old 2013-04-12, 23:44   Link #374
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Got started on the first episode...

How should I say... Worth mentioning is the animation, and I like the style and designs. I have other not-so-okay-thoughts regarding the premise, plot and the buildup, but I'll let it pass since a screenshot is all it takes for me to relax.

I'll stick with this as long as I have a reason to stay amused.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:44   Link #375
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
On the official website, in the Mechanic page, All Valvrave units seem to have different name.
I see
well :
Valvrave I : 火人 hito fire person
III : 火神鳴 hikaminari ringing/rumbling fire god
IV: 火ノ輪 hinowa fire wheel
V : 火打羽 hiuchiba fire feather strike
VI: 火遊 hiasobi fire play

so they're basically model names of the valvraves, it seems they're all fire based,..... whatever happened to valvraveII?, must a plot point in future episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not the model number, it's the nickname for each unit. Every Valvrave unit has a nickname associated with fire.
yes yes, I meant that as model name as you can deduce from the first line of my post... well anyway fixed it.
Old 2013-04-12, 23:50   Link #376
karuroso

When the attack started the only thing I could think was" don't kill the girl, please don't kill the girl" but when it happened I remembered that this is a Sunrise mecha show and we didn't see the corpse...and even if we did this is still a Sunrise mecha show =X so... how many eps until she's back?
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 00:16   Link #377
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

it seems that L-Elf and co. will be piloting Valvrave units

and because they are supposed to be enemy

I assume newly awakened vampire Haruto will have some sort of 'Geass' to manipulate their mind/will?
Old 2013-04-13, 00:50   Link #378
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
& again, i just hope that the orange Valvrave if who happens to be piloted by a character voiced by T.M.R just spontaniously explode within a few microseconds with no logical explaination as it appeared on screen for the first time, or heck anything orange colored voiced by T.M.R

i blame SEED for all those jokes
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 01:11   Link #379
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Valvrave the Liberator. First Thoughts

After watching the first episode, I do not know what I should make of it.

I do not want to repeat about the setting, but what I get is the space is the set stage in a conflict amongst to Super-Empires.

The Dorssians sent their spies to JIOR to hack into the administration's system and stealing the Valvrave, while an assault forces marched to cause ruckus.

The protagonist who started shy suddenly witnessed losing the girl, whom he was about to confess, in the crossfire. Everything went spiraled down within him and took his chance to get into the Valvrave and attempted to make it work to avenge his lost love.

But, from what I watched there was sort of an implicit Faustian covenant, since the machine's O.S. prompted its first pilot whether he would resign to be a human or not.

Going backwards, I thought L-Elf little skirmish to incite Haruto into fight to mean it at first seemed senseless to me. But, as the first episode climaxed with Haruto sinking into abyss due to Shoko's death, then it finally made sense to me. At least, I now understood it as a prelude of the darkness that eventually Haruto chose.

I have to be honest that the victory mood of the students, the staff, and the citizens did not suit to match with the mood expressed by Haruto's sense of despair, helplessness, loneliness, and guilt. Had things become chaotic and death pervading all the environment everywhere, then Shoko's death would have turned into a mind-blowing event for Haruto, though not that I'm complaining how they handled her death.

To top it off, the conclusion to the first episode has L-Elf disposing of Haruto, or it so seemed at first, to win the Valvrave. However, he did not expect Haruto literally raising.

And, whatever the Valvrave did to Haruto is the sign of his figuratively Faustian covenant with the machine. He chose to resign his humanity to keep on fighting, to mean it, and for Shoko.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 01:23   Link #380
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

For some reason, Nana Mizuki's character will be involved in some selfcest yuri fanart with Aoi Yuki's character in the near future.

They HAVE to name Nana's character that, don't they?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire