Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-15, 08:20   Link #181
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I only know this game because of Marth and Roy in the SSBM ans Brawl game. :3 I found Marth to be very cute and Roy well... he looks like he can be a chibi. :3
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 11:33   Link #182
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
If u make her become paladin, she'll be one of the strongest then.
The only problem is that Paladins are kinda redundant with the introduction of Great Knights, and having their ability to wield axes removed in FE8. You will get much more out of her (and Franz, whom you will likely use as her support ... and then watch the two of them wreck havoc) by making her a Great Knight. You lose a bit of movement, which shouldn't be much of a problem, but gain axes instead.

That aside, she be among the strongest regardless what you make of her, seeing the trainee classes are completely broken in FE8
Old 2009-02-15, 11:48   Link #183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Roy was an epic failure with zero magic ability so studied swordsmanship instead.
Well, what can you expect fro...... *cut*

Quote:
If u make her become paladin, she'll be one of the strongest then.
Personally think a General's caps best suit her though. At least, I've never made her anything else. Personally, don't like Paladins (Rekka's, Seima's all turn out weaker than the rest...) and Great Knights have low movement for a mounted unit+weakness to both armor and horse killers.
Boots to General Amelia and away we go~ (With Ewan support)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I only know this game because of Marth and Roy in the SSBM ans Brawl game. :3 I found Marth to be very cute and Roy well... he looks like he can be a chibi. :3
I hope Fphram and Hector gets to appear in the next one...
(Rather, out of all of the BGMs from Seima, why did they choose that preparation screen tune? There are way better ones...)

Come to think of it, Saza/Sothe doesn't seem to get much love from Nintendo. In GC, he couldn't promote so he was pretty much useless, and in Wii, he turns into a Jeigan-type...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 14:39   Link #184
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I don't recally their being any girl x girl paired endings in FE7. I remembered it in SS because I played the Japanese version first and was like: "Waaaah Eirika and Tana ending?" and was wondering what it was.

Too bad there isn't a LynxFlorina ending...
Well... I dunno if they changed something in the Japanese version, but you cannot consider Eirika and Tana ending as a "girlxgirl" type; I just replayed FE8 for this support (and it reminds me how laughable and easy this one is...), and I cannot see anything past friendship. It is pretty much equivalent to Lyn and Florina.
Unless you are talking about pre GBA FE, I'm certain there isn't any girl X girl pairing, but regular close friends or so.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:12   Link #185
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well... I dunno if they changed something in the Japanese version, but you cannot consider Eirika and Tana ending as a "girlxgirl" type; I just replayed FE8 for this support (and it reminds me how laughable and easy this one is...), and I cannot see anything past friendship. It is pretty much equivalent to Lyn and Florina.
Unless you are talking about pre GBA FE, I'm certain there isn't any girl X girl pairing, but regular close friends or so.
Pretty much no difference~ A part the English version didn't bother to translate leaves me suspicious though.
幾度となく互いの国を訪れては、その友情をより深いものとしていった。 <--the second half
Though in the end, you can take it as both yuri or friendship. (Just a game after all, freedom~~~~~, and SS doesn't have any sequel to bind imaginations, thankfully)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-15, 19:59   Link #186
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The only problem is that Paladins are kinda redundant with the introduction of Great Knights, and having their ability to wield axes removed in FE8. You will get much more out of her (and Franz, whom you will likely use as her support ... and then watch the two of them wreck havoc) by making her a Great Knight. You lose a bit of movement, which shouldn't be much of a problem, but gain axes instead.

That aside, she be among the strongest regardless what you make of her, seeing the trainee classes are completely broken in FE8
Turning her into a Great Knight or General though I feel destroys the purpose of her being Amelia. Because there's only a single sprite and she looks the same as every other Great Knight/General.

At least as a Paladin she'll be the ONLY female sprite of that class.
Old 2009-02-16, 05:11   Link #187
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:

Hehe, Id still prefer making her a paladin otherwise she'd look almost exactly like duessel, if i remember correctly. She looks cuter with the ponytail also showing how much she's matured.^_^
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 05:21   Link #188
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Turning her into a Great Knight or General though I feel destroys the purpose of her being Amelia. Because there's only a single sprite and she looks the same as every other Great Knight/General.

At least as a Paladin she'll be the ONLY female sprite of that class.
Quote:
Hehe, Id still prefer making her a paladin otherwise she'd look almost exactly like duessel, if i remember correctly. She looks cuter with the ponytail also showing how much she's matured.^_^
I won't argue that - she indeed does look more nice/unique as a Paladin (Can't imagine why anyone would need a General in FE8) ... but personally i like the looks of Great Knights as well (I am all for an "evil looking" mounted armor-clad warrior ) ... so ...yeah. For me it looks good either way
Old 2009-02-16, 10:55   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
(Can't imagine why anyone would need a General in FE8)
Iya, I think it's simple. Because it's the strongest.
Paladin = 60 23 27 25 24 26
General = 60 27 28 25 29 26
Great Knight = 60 26 25 23 28 26
Trainee 3 = 60 28 30 29 27 27

And it has control of the weapon triangle.

And it has Great Shield.

And it doesn't contridict her hair, unlike the Paladins, which gives her a ponytail, despite her having short hair.

Old 2009-02-16, 10:59   Link #190
krisslanza

You can't see the hair on a Gener- ... Oh.
But then she looks like every other General. That's why I make her either Super Trainee or Paladin. She's a girl and I want her to look like one darnit!
Old 2009-02-16, 11:02   Link #191
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You can't see the hair on a Gener- ... Oh.
But then she looks like every other General. That's why I make her either Super Trainee or Paladin. She's a girl and I want her to look like one darnit!
That's 'cause Generals need their armor. >_< What's a wall if there are holes in it.
Trainee > Paladin, then, because both appearance-wise, she looks best (and original sprite) and cap-wise. Just... that you need to use Body Rings or she won't be able to carry heavy weapons. And you can only use lances.
Though the critical hit animation is... ( ^ω^) Fuhihihi....

Old 2009-02-16, 11:39   Link #192
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That's 'cause Generals need their armor. >_< What's a wall if there are holes in it.
Trainee > Paladin, then, because both appearance-wise, she looks best (and original sprite) and cap-wise. Just... that you need to use Body Rings or she won't be able to carry heavy weapons. And you can only use lances.
Though the critical hit animation is... ( ^ω^) Fuhihihi....
Yes I like Trainee the best because her sprite is 100% unique and original then. Though as a female Paladin she's also unique since she's the only female Paladin in SS.

Yes the crit on Trainee is cute XD
Old 2009-02-16, 11:58   Link #193
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Iya, I think it's simple. Because it's the strongest.
Paladin = 60 23 27 25 24 26
General = 60 27 28 25 29 26
Great Knight = 60 26 25 23 28 26
Trainee 3 = 60 28 30 29 27 27

And it has control of the weapon triangle.

And it has Great Shield.

And it doesn't contridict her hair, unlike the Paladins, which gives her a ponytail, despite her having short hair.
Note that i said FE8 specifically, which goes back to my previous stance of FE8 being dead-easy. (On that note, i am replaying FE6 as we speak ... i dare anyone come forth and tell me FE8 "hard" mode is actually harder than FE6 normal mode ) Hence you don't need a General - i would much rather take something more maneuverable

It is a very strong unit indeed, especially if you are willing to feed it boots to deal with the slowpoke syndrome, but ... meh, FE8 is steamrolling anyway - you can go for cosmetics and still be on top of the dogpile. Unless you prefer how the general looks compared to the others, in which case it is a different story

Oh, and ponytail wins
Old 2009-02-16, 12:04   Link #194
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Note that i said FE8 specifically, which goes back to my previous stance of FE8 being dead-easy. (On that note, i am replaying FE6 as we speak ... i dare anyone come forth and tell me FE8 "hard" mode is actually harder than FE6 normal mode ) Hence you don't need a General - i would much rather take something more maneuverable

It is a very strong unit indeed, especially if you are willing to feed it boots to deal with the slowpoke syndrome, but ... meh, FE8 is steamrolling anyway - you can go for cosmetics and still be on top of the dogpile. Unless you prefer how the general looks compared to the others, in which case it is a different story

Oh, and ponytail wins
Hah... If you say so (on the easiness). (PS, I did note you specifically stated FE8, but as you seem to hold the stance that FE8 is a piece-of-cake and I don't...)
Haven't played FE6, so can't tell anything though. I know the Hard mode was just evil though. (Though I had the laugh of my life, so...~)

Seeing as how you consider SS so easy, why don't you try to beat hard with no promotion? I'm sure that is a challenge.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:50   Link #195
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Haven't played FE6, so can't tell anything though. I know the Hard mode was just evil though. (Though I had the laugh of my life, so...~)
It is pure evil. It is the first game to make me give up out of sheer frustration alone, and during relatively early stages at that. You will be glad to have the pre-promoted Paladin (Marcus - yes, the same as in FE7, only older ...and with crappier stats) from start, and he won't be invincible either. An enemy social knight is more than a match for any of your units - heck you will need like three to bring one down in one turn, and if you don't, someone dies during the next turn in attacks the unit it just counter-attacked ... unless you are lucky. And if more than that are coming ...you better hope for some narrow passage where they can't surround you.

You will quickly learn to treasure your casters much more, as your physical attacks will be doing low damage to enemies like knights, and no damage at all (minus rapiers and similar) to armors. You will need maxed supports (A with some character, B with another) to survive. Add to the fact FE6 generally has crappy growth rates generally (Minus few units), and you are in for a world of hurt. I gave up trying at some point, as it was not rewarding to figure out how to beat stages without anyone dying anymore - just frustrating. Give it a go some time (The normal mode i mean ... and experience the epic that is chapter 21, where you literally get to take down a whole army, with (strong - Paladins, Dragon Knights etc) reinforcements continuously popping up and going for you behind ... you probably end up taking down around ~130 units during that chapter alone).

My jaw was contentiously hitting the floor the first time i played this chapter, and they just kept coming. I never made it here on hard, but i would imagine i would strip Roy (Eliwood's brat ...your main hero... only with considerably worse growth) of any weapons, as he would simply get trashed by the legions of spear users (Like Eliwood, he can only use swords). It was fun

Quote:
Seeing as how you consider SS so easy, why don't you try to beat hard with no promotion? I'm sure that is a challenge.
Now that is an interesting proposition ... might be worth considering when i am done with FE6 replay
Old 2009-02-16, 15:20   Link #196
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
and experience the epic that is chapter 21, where you literally get to take down a whole army, with (strong - Paladins, Dragon Knights etc) reinforcements continuously popping up and going for you behind ... you probably end up taking down around ~130 units during that chapter alone).
Nn? Aah, that one. The one where that Geil or whatever appears. I remember it vividly... Minoru lost both Faa and the old man to the Dragons Lords... (*huge laugh*)

Though unit-wise, the Druids seemed scarier? They had so much Mag that their status staves had like... 100% accuracy.

Quote:
Now that is an interesting proposition ... might be worth considering when i am done with FE6 replay
Some guy who tried it posted videos of that type of playthrough on nicodouga. Definitely surprised he managed to go through the whole thing... (Even if his epilogue had people with many defeats)

Old 2009-02-16, 18:43   Link #197
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
I've done it. Its still piss easy, its a simple matter of letting Ephraim or Eirika and Myrh wipe out everything supported by pre-promotes who actually in alot of cases are pretty good. Yes including Rennac, his class alone makes him good.

On the other hand I've beaten FE6 Hard with a S rank and with no character deaths and all recruits. Heck I even found time to train up Sophia...I can safely say I won't be attempting it again anytime soon. In some respects its a little more evil than even FE: Thracia 776.

@Skyfall
Learn to love the following characters Zeis, Rutger, Wendy, Hugh, Saul, Klein and Geese. They make FE6 hard mode a hell lot easier.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:24   Link #198
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I've done it. Its still piss easy, its a simple matter of letting Ephraim or Eirika and Myrh wipe out everything supported by pre-promotes who actually in alot of cases are pretty good. Yes including Rennac, his class alone makes him good.
(´・ω・`)...
(・∀・) Nai, nai
(・∀・) Neee~yo

For one thing, there are plenty of stages that barely even reach easy with only the Lords and Myyrh, like the Roston seige stage with the army of reinforcements. Unless you want to tell me these three can handle three fronts at the same time by themselves.
And I guess you misunderstand, but when I say "no promotion", it also means NO use of promoted units. Heck, forget "also", no promotion MEANS no use of pre-promotes. There's no point in saying "no promotion" if you can just use pre-promotes, right? If you think about it logically.

Old 2009-02-16, 19:40   Link #199
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
On the other hand I've beaten FE6 Hard with a S rank and with no character deaths and all recruits. Heck I even found time to train up Sophia...I can safely say I won't be attempting it again anytime soon. In some respects its a little more evil than even FE: Thracia 776.
You found the time to level Sophia ? Well, not that it isn't doable (it certainly is), but, unless you do it for the sake of "completion", there should be little need to by the time you get her. Unless you have had some unfortunate character deaths along the way. Then again i usually don't end up using shamans anyway ... most of the time when i actually get to recruiting one (be if 6/7/8), my "magic user" slots have long since been filled.

Quote:
@Skyfall
Learn to love the following characters Zeis, Rutger, Wendy, Hugh, Saul, Klein and Geese. They make FE6 hard mode a hell lot easier.
Zeis is very nice indeed, he, along with Miledy, make for a wonderful pair of flying fortresses. Definitely a "must" pair of characters. Geese is very good as well, especially considering the rather distinct lack of decent axe users up to that point. Saul is an obvious choice. Klein ...hm, never really used him, though i generally don't favor archers in FE6 ... or might be my allergy towards Wolt, who is a downright waste of space Have never really tried Wendy, though i would certainly imagine another Armor being useful in sticky situations ... it is a shame Bors is not very impressive.

Rutger i find ... average at best though. He is absolutely horrible when it comes to STR growth. I find Fil outclassing him in every way possible. Sure, her low str cap hurts her potential a bit, but she still turns out much better than Rutger for me - at least she has str to fill that cap with. Unless you want two swordmasters, i am never going for Rutger above Fil - he just doesn't live up to her. Her only problem is her limited support options, which aren't great, and Noah makes for a rather shaky paladin - Lance and Alan are miles better than him.

Can't really see myself using Hugh either - by the time i get him, i am already going to have two mages (likely promoted) in terms of Lugh and Lilina, and i don't really need a third one. I would rather take Ray or Sophia for variety, if i find myself in need of more casters.

Oh, and you forgot Dieck among the characters to love - he (along with Alan and Lance) will be your bread and butter for a good while
Old 2009-02-17, 17:28   Link #200
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Geese is very good as well, especially considering the rather distinct lack of decent axe users up to that point.
Actually I completely forgot another worthy axe user mention. Lott, he actually has the second highest defense in the game. So long you make sure he gains some skill and speed early on in the game since these are his weaker points and stops him being 2x by early enemies his HP and defense will easily turn him into a tank. Once he promotes he no longer even has to worry about accuracy with bows.

He actually turns out slightly better than Dieck who actually has issues with speed, I actually see him being 2x alot in like chapter 16ish onwards.

Quote:
Have never really tried Wendy, though i would certainly imagine another Armor being useful in sticky situations
Well on top of her great all round growths, another key thing to remember is she gets a triangle attack with Bors and Barth very early. It makes leveling her very easy so long you take advantage of those two for a chapter or two. The big problem is Bors, he is absolute waste in HM but is abit necessary early on. Also female General's have a higher speed cap odd as it seems but ends up being handy for a speedy armour like Wendy who also has good speed and skill growth.

Quote:
Klein ...hm, never really used him, though i generally don't favor archers in FE6 ... or might be my allergy towards Wolt
Not just you. Alot of people make a huge mistake of neglecting Klein based on the assumption he's pre-promote. In actual fact his HM bonus to his bases and fantastic growth make him the best archer in the game. He also supports with Tate who is an incredibly well rounded Pegasus who actually gets strength unlike a certain Thanny.

Quote:
Her only problem is her limited support options
Actually she has a great support in Shin who is a fantastic archer unit if completely paper thin in defense and surprisingly Rutger! Fil is perfectly fine if not slightly more reliable than Rutger.

But the reason why I mentioned Rutger is he comes during those brutal opening 9 chapters. His Killer Sword, speed and decent starting strength are highly useful, problem is whether his strength grows. If you can promote him before Ch-8 Gaiden (even if its early at like lv16-18) he makes an otherwise stupidly hard boss killable in one hit. Seeing Durandal is the first weapon you get the strength bonus coupled with his great speed can help out alot.

Oh he also supports the prissy bitch Clarine whos a good unit in her own right.

Quote:
Can't really see myself using Hugh either - by the time i get him, i am already going to have two mages (likely promoted) in terms of Lugh and Lilina, and i don't really need a third one.
Theres a reason why alot of people tend to favour Hugh over Lilina and Lugh. He gets fantastic HP and defense, I'm serious about Hugh being a physical tank mage. Its actually not unlikely he will max his HP and get a respectable defense nearing 20. Many people tend to ignore Lugh actually in HM in favour of Hugh and Lilina.

Quote:
You found the time to level Sophia ? Well, not that it isn't doable (it certainly is), but, unless you do it for the sake of "completion", there should be little need to by the time you get her.
Theres actually a reason I do it. She's a fantastic magic tank and glass cannon in HM where enemies can require 3 men just to take down one guy. I wouldn't suggest it though, training Sophia is a tremendous headache but theres great payoffs (besides her being cute as hell).

Her massive magic and res growth and stat cap and the raw power of dark magic in the game makes it worth it. See Ray actually has abit of a tendency to sometimes get screwed in magic and is flimsy as hell in defense AND res. Sophia starts with absolute crap for base stats, but she gains xp like crazy and she actually ends up with better res, defense and *gasp* good HP.

Ray may be able to 2x attack but that assumes he dodges the counterattack because he sure as hell is even less likely than Sophia to survive one.

Lillina actually does the same job and has even better magic growth but still poor res and HP. But you just need to compare anima and dark magic to see why I do it. Fire, Aircalibur and Forblaze are 5, 8 and 14 in power.

Flux, Nosferatu are 8 and 10 with the latter even healing her (off her great magic too) and Apocalypse is a whopping 18 + 5 = 23 might off over 29 magic! Its actually a OHKO on near every end game dragon.

Quote:
(along with Alan and Lance) will be your bread and butter for a good while
Funny thing is I only use Alan and Lance for the opening 13 chapters than dump them both unless one is growing particularly well. Reason being because Percival is a god of destruction, actually I need to kick myself for not remembering HM Percival.

He starts with 50HP, 20 str and 20 speed and great defenses at chapter 15 no less and can already use a Killer Axe. He will rape the opposition with no effort, its impossible to get a bad Percival.

Last edited by Sety; 2009-02-17 at 17:43.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote