AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 10:11   Link #921
matrixhazard

I do believe that they still keep all 6 original heroines route in the anime because of PV2. I believe that they didn't do it only to reflect CG in the game.

But I agree that it is still really difficult to end everything in 26 eps. The best option is to split into 2 seasons like Clannad did. If not, then hope they do their best to summarize each route. (Which might end up in some audiences are dissatisfied again)

So I think I will wait for the real anime runs and look for the direction that is going to be.
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 10:56   Link #922
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I actually use "season" as in a period of continous episode, since we know that there will be one of 24 episode. For the TV Broadcast season, we should probably use the term "cour" instead.
I guess I should be a bit more accurate with the terms.

Remember that Clannad didn't have After Story right from the get go either, so not having Refrain in the end isn't really that bad. In fact, it isn't as "unsatisfying" as clannad 1st season.

As for the EX routes, better discuss that in the game thread.

Come to the think of it, I'm not even sure if all heroines will be possible to squeeze in the first place, because of the length, but also how they will have to change few things, depending if they do a continuous adaptation or use the omnibus format.
At least, I hope they will do something like:
Komari => Kud=> Haruka => Mio => Yuiko => Rin [///] [Pre Refrain] => Refrain.

Although if they really plan Ex routes, they should logically put Kanata route right after Haruka, so that would mean they have to tackle non EX heroine back in the "possible" S2. So, the logical way they should do that would be:
Komari => Kud => Haruka => Kanata => Mio [///] Yuiko => Rin => Saya => Refrain

But if we assume that there won't be a S2, well... they will have to discard Kud, Haruka, Mio, the EX routes and change Yuiko so it will "match" Rin, but I would definitely not like the outcome of that kind of decision...
What about story structure again not being in the anime thread?

Anyway, here's my take on the routes, assuming there would be no EX routes. (Gotta keep my expectations as low as possible.)

Komari + Haruka => Kud => Mio => Yuiko [///] => Rin1+2 [Pre Refrain] => Refrain.

Technically, it's possible to add Komari and Haruka to one "continuous playthrough". However, it would be better to end at Yuiko than end at Rin2, so to speak. (not going to elaborate on the reason.)

If you wanna include the EX Routes...

Komari + Haruka => Kud => Mio => Yuiko [///] => Rin1+2 [Pre Refrain] => Refrain => Kanata => Sasami => Saya
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 11:13   Link #923
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ I actually made the posts moving to the game thread after my answer, but for some reason, the forum didn't carry it out, and it remained in the TV thread, so fixed that.

Anyway: I don't think Haruka can be really combined with Komari, considering their respective issues don't merge that well. In fact, all heroines are pretty much stand alone, except maybe combining Kanata and Haruka.

Rin2 is what I call "pre refrain", that's why ending with Rin 1 could be a cliffhanger, which has its pros and cons. Ending with Yuiko will however confuse a LOT of people.

Also, Saya is supposed to occur before refrain, not after. Meanwhile, I really don't see the point for Sasami's route, aside of being an OVA, considering how silly it is.
Old 2012-08-23, 16:03   Link #924
OPN

Im going to guess this
Komari > Haruka/kanata (i wont be surprised if they mix in elements from both) > kud > mio > yuiko. 4 episodes each most likely with common route mixed in with each. If it gets a second season then it will be rin 2 + refrain if its 13 episodes. If its 26 then sasami > saya > rin 2> refrain.
Old 2012-08-23, 17:31   Link #925
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Sassy-chan's included some stellar Masato/Little Busters dynamic comedy.

The first Rin maybe shouldn't have to prelude the second Rin, since the ending of the former would just give credence to Riki's whole narcolepsy issue for the audience. There doesn't have to be anything supernatural or fantastic - until Rin 2 comes along. That is if they decide to split it into Rin1 and 2 like the game.

For Saya, her route does have little interaction with her and the other members of the Little Busters. They could explore that in the animation for some original flavor (perhaps comedy written by dear old Jun...) The original route had her and Riki being by themselves for the most part, which could be jarring for the audience.
Old 2012-08-23, 17:35   Link #926
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Anyway: I don't think Haruka can be really combined with Komari, considering their respective issues don't merge that well. In fact, all heroines are pretty much stand alone, except maybe combining Kanata and Haruka.
Sure the routes take quite a lot of time, but it is possible, basically by ruining the Common Route between them.

Quote:
Rin2 is what I call "pre refrain", that's why ending with Rin 1 could be a cliffhanger, which has its pros and cons. Ending with Yuiko will however confuse a LOT of people..
Ending it in Rin1 is actually pretty dull, I don't think it should be included in anything but a flashback. But Yuiko's ending is pretty much satisfiable (and who doesn't want Riki trying to know where the BGM comes from?), sounds like Key (And how!), and leaves room for a Season 2 to explain the so called "confusing ending".

Quote:
Also, Saya is supposed to occur before refrain, not after. Meanwhile, I really don't see the point for Sasami's route, aside of being an OVA, considering how silly it is.
I was rather thinking to put the EX Routes AFTER the Main Routes + Refrain, which has been done in EX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the game
Do you know the secret of the world? [Yes / No]
Old 2012-08-23, 19:35   Link #927
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering you have to clear refrain -after- Saya to access again to it, it definitely means its context is placed before refrain, especially that Riki has no idea what's going on in Saya's route, while in Sasami, he remembers few things that have happened.
That question simply assume the reader has read the previous LB or not, if so, they can read the new routes without going through the whole game again.

In any case, finishing LB with something else than refrain would be pretty bad in term of momentum, build up and emotional impact, since any EX route would absolutely not be on the same caliber than refrain, nor as a "conclusion".
Old 2012-08-24, 15:18   Link #928
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

My guess how I'd like the series to go is have the first 13 episodes (assuming its gonna be two full seasons) of the second seasons cover the Rin1 and Rin2 routes and the last 13 episodes be Refrain to finish up the series.

As for Saya, I'd like her to be part of an ova just because her route is somewhat independent of the main story. Please note, I haven't played EX, so I'm going off of what I read.
Old 2012-08-24, 18:46   Link #929
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
My guess how I'd like the series to go is have the first 13 episodes (assuming its gonna be two full seasons) of the second seasons cover the Rin1 and Rin2 routes and the last 13 episodes be Refrain to finish up the series.

As for Saya, I'd like her to be part of an ova just because her route is somewhat independent of the main story. Please note, I haven't played EX, so I'm going off of what I read.
13 episodes for Rin1 and Rin2 is WAY too much imo.

Here are the amount of lines in each girl's route (in vanilla LB!): (From here)
Komari 5163
Rin 4885
Haruchin 6768
Kud 5954
Kurugaya 5297
Mio 5830

If Rin1 and Rin2 are gonna be 13 episodes, I'm pretty sure that the pacing is gonna be horribly slow.

Anyways, doesn't Kud's route have a pacing issue as well?
Spoiler for just pacing comments:
I wonder if the new EX content will be adapted to possibly? (haven't read ex) fix this minor issue I have ^^;

(Slightly off topic here but wow... Rewrite's character route lines make LB! character route lines seem like nothing O__O
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:18   Link #930
Balzac
Assistant Professor

...That's because some of it is placed into explanations as to mechanics and information about the Rewrite world. I'm looking at your route, Akane-sama, even if you yourself can't be faulted, no siree, not at all you are the most holiest of the holy enshrined goddessess...
Old 2012-08-24, 20:45   Link #931
Jmac
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
13 episodes for Rin1 and Rin2 is WAY too much imo.

Here are the amount of lines in each girl's route (in vanilla LB!): (From here)
Komari 5163
Rin 4885
Haruchin 6768
Kud 5954
Kurugaya 5297
Mio 5830

If Rin1 and Rin2 are gonna be 13 episodes, I'm pretty sure that the pacing is gonna be horribly slow.

Anyways, doesn't Kud's route have a pacing issue as well?
Spoiler for just pacing comments:
I wonder if the new EX content will be adapted to possibly? (haven't read ex) fix this minor issue I have ^^;

(Slightly off topic here but wow... Rewrite's character route lines make LB! character route lines seem like nothing O__O
I choose Rins routes because they make sense to me to do together rather than sepreately. They could add another heroines route before Rins routes to make it 13 episodes. For me it makes sense right now to have Rins together before Refrain. But I'm playing the game again now that it's fully translated, so my opoinion may change on the format.
Old 2012-08-25, 01:12   Link #932
Ringil

I agree Rin1+2 make a lot of sense to have sequentially. Not sure if they require 13 episode though.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 04:46   Link #933
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well fuck me sideways with a spoon and call me Mary Sue, I've played Refrain 4 times...don't tell me I picked yes the last 3 times...

Everything I've said about the Refrain endings up until now...disregard it all...I'm stupid and unworthy of Anego...I shall be changing my avy and siggy now so not to shame her.
Haha, I just finished Refrained and was like "why's everyone freaking out about Riki/Rin romance, all I saw was the bathtub scene in Rin2". I didn't get that question during the hospital scene, Riki just said he wants to protect her and then got a "common" ish ending.
EDIT: Reloaded the save in the hospital. I guess after finishing the game, they ask the question about the proposal. I certainly didn't get it the first time! Glad too, cause I never saw Riki/Rin as a good fit..more like friends.

Did you start from a fresh save every time? I have no idea why it went with the non-romantic ending for me....
Loved the game, was heartbroken was the Little Busters were leaving, and when Kyosuke cried.

EDIT:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Mcfart; 2012-08-26 at 05:04.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:24   Link #934
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
I agree Rin1+2 make a lot of sense to have sequentially. Not sure if they require 13 episode though.
Rin1+2 = 13 eps? I don't get it.

At the minimum it could be 4 episodes.
1: Rin's confession + school trials
2: Rin's decision to go to school + Rin1 End as flashback
3: 1 Week of Rin's hardships
4: Rin goes away with Riki + the short life (i guess)

At the maximum it could be 8 episodes.
1: Rin's confession
2: The School Trial
3: Rin's Decision + Rin1 End
4: Rin Goes to Sister School
5: The Baseball Duel w/ Kyousuke
6: Rin comes back and goes away w/ Riki
7: Rin+Riki's Hardships
8: Rin2's Ending w/ is... b-*shot*

(May 14 - May 23)
Also, this could be an arrangement of the Common Route (titles would be the climax scenes)
1: The Baseball Choice
2: Rin, the Idiot Gang, and the Infiltration (u can go with the manga and add the Haruka-Rin-Tamborine scene here -- or go with the "ohayo gozaimasu" one: I prefer the later.)
3: Komari, Haruchin, and Kud intros? (unsure, really)
4: Anego and Mio intros?
6: Fastball Rin (could be)
7 - 11: idk yet, but feel free to fill it.
12: The Baseball Match *insert epicness here*
13: The Pancake Party
Old 2012-08-26, 14:28   Link #935
Jmac
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Rin1+2 = 13 eps? I don't get it.
Man, people, I'm so sorry for being an idiot!

Ok, so maybe I was a little tired after working 13 hours I wasn't thinking straight. But what I was trying to say I'd like like them to do Rin1 and Rin2 routes together before they do Refrain. Rins routes combined maybe enough for 4 episodes at most and finish the season with Refrain.

As for the episodes leading up to that, well, I'll let the people who completed and understand whats going on make those speculations.
Bonus points for those who caught my Masato reference
Old 2012-08-26, 16:38   Link #936
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I said it before, but there might be some opportunity for some original content here, with the number of episodes. I'd actually watch the animation if it had those, and especially if they were ghost-written by dear-old Jun.

Because if one takes a step back, the story was not just about Riki + anyone. It's also about friendship among the Little Busters, and it'd be great if one could see additional interaction within the group. Remember the penultimate rooftop scene in Refrain where Rin flashbacks to it all? Where did we see that in the common route? That would've been fun to see, and arguably could have made the flashbacks even more heartbreaking.
Old 2012-08-26, 18:51   Link #937
OPN

I might be wrong but i think it was said before that there would be some filler scenes in particular more moments with rin and the new members of the little busters.
Old 2012-08-26, 21:20   Link #938
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
I said it before, but there might be some opportunity for some original content here, with the number of episodes. [...] Because if one takes a step back, the story was not just about Riki + anyone. It's also about friendship among the Little Busters, and it'd be great if one could see additional interaction within the group. Remember the penultimate rooftop scene in Refrain where Rin flashbacks to it all? Where did we see that in the common route? That would've been fun to see, and arguably could have made the flashbacks even more heartbreaking.
In one of the interviews, didn't they say they would be expanding on Komari and Rin's relationship? I agree that Little Busters! was more than just Riki growing up and becoming stronger--Rin went through the same journey with him. Expanding that and better demonstrating her personal growth would be a good addition, I think, and correct one of the flaws I thought the original story had.
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 05:37   Link #939
Jaysoon154

Hi, just started playing Little Busters and I had to ask, is there a glitch the the batting practice? Everyone but Rin appears to be stuck behind home plate. I'm still on my first play through so I don't know if that's normal for it or not. I checked this entire forum and nobody seems to be having the same issue.
Jaysoon154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:26   Link #940
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysoon154 View Post
Hi, just started playing Little Busters and I had to ask, is there a glitch the the batting practice? Everyone but Rin appears to be stuck behind home plate. I'm still on my first play through so I don't know if that's normal for it or not. I checked this entire forum and nobody seems to be having the same issue.
Can I ask for screenshots? It's not really something you see everyday, you know.

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel