AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 00:13   Link #8041
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
It's definitely new, I watched the original a few months back and her skirt in that pretty much covered everything and the angle was pretty conservative. The new version however...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
DAT ASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And hilariously enough it's more realistic. ._. Lunamaria's skirt was tiny, there's no way it'd cover anything at that angle.
Makes you wonder how a military (which the majority of is usually men) issue such a skirt..........and funnily enough they even have different skirt lengths available from what I was reading on the Gundam Wikia on ZAFT (uniform/dress section of page)

I guess she either dont care or likes the attention........
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 00:16   Link #8042
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My guess is that she likes the attention. She's for the most part a regular teenage girl, and not supremely messed up in the head like Flay or Stella.
Old 2013-07-06, 00:18   Link #8043
The American Average
2LMES

wonder if we're going to get more pantie shots/underwear scenes in the future. I mean there is tons of possibilities. It does make me a little nervous, Is this what the HD remaster is going to focus on, silly teenage underwear shots instead of mecha carnage, there is so many times a Murasame can blow up in the same way =p Well as consolation at least Luna's underwear wasn't the cliche blue stripes.

I wonder if Perfect Lacus will get fan serviced up too.
Old 2013-07-06, 00:35   Link #8044
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
It does make me a little nervous, Is this what the HD remaster is going to focus on, silly teenage underwear shots instead of mecha carnage,
If, by focus on, you mean having quick little shots over the next 30+ episodes, there could be a few more of those later in the series.
Quote:
I wonder if Perfect Lacus will get fan serviced up too.
Did you miss her naked figure in that ending theme a couple of episodes back?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 00:46   Link #8045
S.Freedom

Hey, get those leering eyes away from Luna-chans panties. There mine all mine I tell ya.

Seriously though, given how short her skirt is and the angle she leans in at. It's not really surprising that we'd get a look. As for skirt lengths, I think the standard is what Meyrin wears. While Riika where's a shorter one but not nearly as short as Luna's.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:02   Link #8046
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Shiho is still the best coz she won’t let herself be sexualized by a skirt on her uniform .

Old 2013-07-06, 01:07   Link #8047
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If, by focus on, you mean having quick little shots over the next 30+ episodes, there could be a few more of those later in the series. Did you miss her naked figure in that ending theme a couple of episodes back?
Yeah i am worried about more pantie shots, cause they are totally unimportant and don't help at all, and if they are going to waste budget on that instead of fixing animation errors for example, Freedom vs Impulse battle (the part where still has its gun when Shinn blew it up earlier) or when the Freedom shows up in animation when its clearly Strike Freedom vs Legend. If pantie fan service gets priority that will suck, because this show really needs animation edits, lots of them.

With Lacus i was more joking, cause she always shown as the perfect pure girl and then we get a pointless pantie shot of her i'd find if funny.

Spoiler for that Strike Freedom/Legend fight:

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-07-06 at 01:21.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:19   Link #8048
monster

Hmm, were they not fixed in the SE? Either way, they should be able to do both.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:24   Link #8049
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Hmm, were they not fixed in the SE? Either way, they should be able to do both.
It was fixed but what they need to do is add the animation from the Final Plus opening and edit it into the Strike Freedom vs Legend Fight.

EDIT: Actually they should add all that animation pretaining to the parts with IJ, SF, Legend, Destiny and Akatsuki..
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 02:46   Link #8050
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This question just pops in my head: which one cost more in this Remaster project, the remastering of many of the old footage, or the few new animation they made to replace the old?
Old 2013-07-06, 03:48   Link #8051
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
Yeah i am worried about more pantie shots, cause they are totally unimportant and don't help at all, and if they are going to waste budget on that instead of fixing animation errors for example, Freedom vs Impulse battle (the part where still has its gun when Shinn blew it up earlier) or when the Freedom shows up in animation when its clearly Strike Freedom vs Legend. If pantie fan service gets priority that will suck, because this show really needs animation edits, lots of them.

With Lacus i was more joking, cause she always shown as the perfect pure girl and then we get a pointless pantie shot of her i'd find if funny.

Spoiler for that Strike Freedom/Legend fight:
Well they do have to spread out "remastered/new" scenes throughout the show, so in an episode like this where not much happens I would say its perfectly acceptable, its only a short few seconds clip anyways

Its not like were gonna be getting fanservice scenes in the middle of important battles/events replacing potential fight/important footage (kudos for ZZ for being able to do so lol)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 06:25   Link #8052
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
This question just pops in my head: which one cost more in this Remaster project, the remastering of many of the old footage, or the few new animation they made to replace the old?
Time is money, so what do you think takes more time? Selecting old footage in a montage and scaling or drawing completely new high detail frames?
Old 2013-07-06, 06:56   Link #8053
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Time is money, so what do you think takes more time? Selecting old footage in a montage and scaling or drawing completely new high detail frames?
That’s what I wonder too in this Remaster case. Is it really time = money, or is it quality = money. Upscaling old footage may take more time, but making new animation may take more process. Also, which one is more expensive, hiring techy people for remastering, or hiring animators for making new animations? Can the animators do the remastering themselves (aka. are the techies & animators the same people)?
Old 2013-07-06, 07:03   Link #8054
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
That’s what I wonder too in this Remaster case. Is it really time = money, or is it quality = money. Upscaling old footage may take more time, but making new animation may take more process. Also, which one is more expensive, hiring techy people for remastering, or hiring animators for making new animations? Can the animators do the remastering themselves (aka. are the techies & animators the same people)?
Made me think why they have to REMASTER it... many already hated the series for the characters and plot and development.... Did it change their thoughts? or just made it worst.. hahaha.. I have glimpsed remastered but I loss interests since I know what will happen every between episodes....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 07:23   Link #8055
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Made me think why they have to REMASTER it... many already hated the series for the characters and plot and development.... Did it change their thoughts? or just made it worst.. hahaha.. I have glimpsed remastered but I loss interests since I know what will happen every between episodes....
Because SEED Destiny is actually insanely popular in Japan + being an award-winning series (it won Anime Grand Prix among others IIRC). Also, the source of the anime during early 2000s are crap. Unlike shows in the 70s-90s which are stored on films, early 2000s anime are stored in lousy digital source (unlike nowadays’ Hi-Def digital source). That’s why SEED & Destiny are in dire need of a Remaster since simply upscaling it will resulted in disastrously soft images (in case you don’t know: soft images = really bad for Blu-ray).
Old 2013-07-06, 08:49   Link #8056
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
That’s what I wonder too in this Remaster case. Is it really time = money, or is it quality = money. Upscaling old footage may take more time, but making new animation may take more process. Also, which one is more expensive, hiring techy people for remastering, or hiring animators for making new animations?
I was being a little sarcastic, but I guess you didn't catch that.

And to answer your original question, drawing new animation costs more than editing an already existing montage from SD to HD. It's matter of scaling and rearranging animated layer in a 2.5D space. I could give you a more technical answer as to why it easy, but let's just say that I could have "remastered" the entire show in a couple of days if all I had to do was updating already existing material from SD to HD.

In the western animation industry five, six animators would definitely cost more than a one or two film editors. But in Japan animators get paid like cheap hookers in a third world country and my colleagues told me that those days more and more of the animation work get's outsourced to Korea and China, bringing down the production cost even more.

So I don't know which "department" costs more for a specific project like this (I think new animation cost more), but in general a group of animators are more expensive than two editors.

Quote:
Is it really time = money, or is it quality = money?
Both. Quality takes time and time costs money. (I hope that makes sense)
But I don't think SEED & Destiny remasters cost a lot to begin with. The entire remaster project probably didn't cost more than 70-80K (100K tops)... I think Fukuda and his crew were working in sunrise's basement while Age was being made in the air conditioned studio at the top floor.

Quote:
Can the animators do the remastering themselves (aka. are the techies & animators the same people)?
No. Editing is a separate field of work that requires very specific background and technical skills..

Those are people who probably get the biggest paycheck for a project like this:

- Director
- Art director
- Music director
- Editors (video)

(Big gap)

- Animators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Made me think why they have to REMASTER it...
Because it's most popular and lucrative Gundam since Zeta.
Old 2013-07-06, 08:56   Link #8057
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
It's definitely new, I watched the original a few months back and her skirt in that pretty much covered everything and the angle was pretty conservative. The new version however...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is ridiculous; Yeah it's more realistic but for all the problems with destiny this is what they focus on?
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:56   Link #8058
S.Freedom

And this surprises you how exactly?

I mean it's not like they where going to do anything major in terms of story. The intention of the whole HD thing is to put lipstick on a pig. Basically to make Destiny look prettier than it previously was. So as much as we may want there to be huge improvements to the story, it's not happening.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:11   Link #8059
LightMaster

I think people are going a little overboard here, I doubt this one scene broke the bank.
LightMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 16:40   Link #8060
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I didn't mean storywise, that is a lost case. Animations and new fightscenes.

It's probably cheap to do and works for ratings/fanservice but animated teenager pantie shots just rub me wrong.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep