AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 02:15   Link #1
magnum12

The Games Workshop Discussion thread (includes the video games)

This thread is for discussing War Hammer, 40k, associated GW stuff etc. I want to see just how many fans of the hobby we have around here. This thread is new because the last one is at least 6 years old and I'm no thread necromancer. Might as well get this thread started.

The armies I play in 40k are Imperial Guard and World Eaters (many models in this army have some degree of conversion work on them).

Guard Army List (1750): This is a combined arms list (a hybrid approach with a balance of foot, mechanized, and aerial components)

HQ:
-Company Commander with Medic, 3 Plasma Guns, Astropath. In Chimera with M. laser and Heavy Flamer. (I know this load out seems strange, but there's a method to my madness on this one. Way lay and weaken, then when enemies start getting too close, unload the flamer in a "counter attack" maneuver.)
-Commisar Lord with Power Sword, Melta Bombs.

Troops:
-Platoon Commander with Autocannon and 2 plasma guns.
--2 Guardsmen Squads with Grenade launcher and Autocannon. I find this set up to very a versatle jack of all trades unit.
--Guardsman Squad with Grenade Launcher and Missile Launcher
-Veterans with 3 meltas and lascannon. In Chimera with M. Laser and H. Flamer. My reasoning for this load out is similar to my choices with the Chimeras.
-Veterans with 3 meltas and lascannon. In Chimera with M. Laser and H. Flamer.

Fast Attack:
- Vendetta
- Vendetta
- Hellhound with H. Bolter. A very underrated unit that's just wonderful for throwing wrenches into plans, especially a lot of xenos defensive strategies.

Heavy Support
-Leman Russ with hull and sposon H. Bolters

Fortifications:
-Aegis Defense Line with Quad Gun (Commisar Lord deploys with gun)

World Eaters Army List (1750). This is a fluff list, but more in line with the older fluff with hard hitting melee units being supported with daemon engines/daemon units providing long range fire (Khorne cares not how the blood is spilled, merely that it does)

HQ
-Kharn The Betrayer

Elites
-4 Chaos Terminators with Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, 4 Lightning Claw/Powerfists. In Chaos Land Raider Dedicated Transport with Extra Armor and Dirge Casters. (Not a bad AA unit due to TL giving a decent chance to land at least one hit.)

Troops
-8 Khorne Berserkers. Champion has Power Sword and melta bombs. In Chaos Rhino with Extra armor and Dirge Casters.
-8 Khorne Berserkers. Champion has Power Sword and melta bombs. In Chaos Rhino with Extra armor and Dirge Casters.
-8 Chaos Space Marines with Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, and 2 meltas. Champion has Power Sword and melta bombs. In Chaos Rhino with Extra armor and Dirge Casters. (Represents the less experienced troops)

Fast Attack
-Hel Drake with Hades Autocannon

Heavy Support
-Forge Fiend with Hades Autocannons. (Makes a deceptively good AA unit due to torrent of fire and S8 gun to shoot down AV 12 flyers).
-Chaos Obliterator with Mark of Khorne.

Last edited by magnum12; 2013-02-13 at 14:30. Reason: Adding a few things.
magnum12 is offline   Reply With Quote