AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 14:54   Link #21961
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Ah well, somehow I wonder how George would react, if he found out Shannon who he's proposing to is actually Beatrice, and (at least claims to) wants to blow up the entire island and everyone who survives a macabre serial murder spree.

I wonder how much that "wouldn't be how his proposal was supposed to go" too.

... Now I'm imagining Yasu having an occasional slip of voice and suddenly talking like Beato or Kanon while talking to George.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:12   Link #21962
Lumy
非合理の魔女

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
... Now I'm imagining Yasu having an occasional slip of voice and suddenly talking like Beato or Kanon while talking to George.
"Probleeemmm, Ushiromiyaaa Jooojiii?? *cackle* *cackle*"

Aside from that, maybe Shkanontrice Prime really doesn't work as conveniently as it does in fiction, and somebody, e.g. George actually noticed Beatrice is just Shannon in a dress? In any case, the missing portrait seems to indicate something was going on with Yasu/the Beatrice faction.

... Or maybe it doesn't. Who knows!

Lumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 16:09   Link #21963
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Neat how the two most suspicious frames were cut. Wonder what the deal is there?
"Fuck yeah, I'm gonna confirm that Kyrie theory and-wait, that's totally retarded. Scrap."

Quote:
Clearly, Beatrice was one of those inflatable dolls that really desperate guys get as sex toys. Shannon made it for him after determining at the age of 12 that he would never get a girlfriend, and made the blow-up doll as a result. Battler loved the doll, but the rest of the family did not approve. So he killed them. Tohya doesn't mention the doll because, well, would you in his shoes? "Oh, I escaped the island with my blow-up waifu, but she got knocked into the ocean and I got brain damage trying to save her."
Blowuptrice didn't commit suicide; she deflated and sank to the bottom of the sea.

Quote:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who reached these conclusions. And yes when in the scroll text it is said that Battler follows Beatrice in the depth of the ocean it really symbolizes the death of the Battler's personality. It is also entirely possible that the Battler's amnesia is psychological and not somatic. Maybe he decided to let his old self sink in the Ocean with Beatrice. Maybe the reason he was so scared to become Battler was because as long as he was Tohya he couldn't feel the pain for the loss of his love and his family.

It is also interesting to note that Beatrice says she's a dweller of the world of illusions and that's why she can't go with Battler. I think that's the most apparent proof that she wasn't a real Yasu.
Well, I'm sold. Also, I already came to the conclusion that Toya essentially induced his amnesia subconsciously; it's the only way to make that twist un-retarded.

Quote:
George sprite sortof makes sense. The George/ Shannon thing is clearly rather important, considering it was one of the only non-adult related things that was in the ep7 tea party. Uh... anyone got any idea why?
George's proposal = "shit gets real." This has been shoved down our throats in EP7.

Quote:
Episode 2 can be explained with "Shannon did it" that works at least as well as "Shkanon did it"; "Rosa / Gohda" did it also explains everything nicely. (Gohda is Maria's father. She told Gohda that Krauss was looking for a chef partly out of compassion, and partly to get a spy on Krauss. She removed the key from Maria's envelope a little after midnight. Gohda killed Nanjo and Kumasawa (later than they said), plus Shannon and George, but either George got a good wound in during the fight, or else Gohda tripped and landed on the stake.)
No one replied to this, so I'm going to make it quick: You're trying to look at each episode as a self-contained work: That's not gonna work out. You also ignored some reds.
Old 2011-02-16, 22:24   Link #21964
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
George sprite sortof makes sense. The George/ Shannon thing is clearly rather important, considering it was one of the only non-adult related things that was in the ep7 tea party. Uh... anyone got any idea why?
I think the tea party is imitating what a fangame would be like. So since the proposal scene happens in almost every game it was added in for credibility. Same with Eva's ability to jinx her way out of every gunfight and survive.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:53   Link #21965
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I think the tea party is imitating what a fangame would be like. So since the proposal scene happens in almost every game it was added in for credibility. Same with Eva's ability to jinx her way out of every gunfight and survive.
Man I didn't put in no proposal scene, screw those two.

The TP does totally read like somebody came up with a Kyrie Culprit Theory and just made sure to hit all the high points, though.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:43   Link #21966
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Man I didn't put in no proposal scene, screw those two.

The TP does totally read like somebody came up with a Kyrie Culprit Theory and just made sure to hit all the high points, though.
And also didn't proofread for plot holes at all.

"Wait, why didn't Kyrie wonder where Kanon and Shannon are?" "....Uh...BECAUSE SHE HATES YOU ANGE LOL"
Old 2011-02-17, 04:41   Link #21967
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think Episode8 shows that the EP7 tea party in the end is the representation of the "Rudolf's family culprit theory" that the goats of EP8 keep talking about.

It is explained that after the popular "Eva culprit theory" the magazines and the talk shows started inquiring about Rudolf and Kyrie and of course they found a lot of shady stuff. Kyrie being connected to a well known Yakuza family, Rudolf being a swindler since the time of the university. They dug up some other shady business they probably engaged in in their past.

Tying that with the fact that Ange was left behind, they proposed the theory that they were the culprits that caused the tragedy in the island. Plus the audience was getting tired of the Eva culprit theory and they wanted to speculate about something more exciting. This new theory renewed the interest about the incident.

It is shown that this theory started spreading at the time Ange was on Saint Lucia, quite well hinted by the fact you see goats in female school uniforms talking about that.

The "wild theories" of the goats then went even further by adding Battler in the picture.

Naturally those theories do not really make much sense, at least not in the way they are formulated. The story itself calls those "wild theories" for a reason I think.

To begin with the Eva culprit theory completely lacked an explanation as to why Eva would kill her own son and husband. And its weaker point was the claim that Eva planned everything. If she really planned that, then she would have planned something to say after the facts.

So in the end EP7 tea party only represented one or the most common interpretation of the Rudolf's culprit theory (before they added Battler in the picture I guess).

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:35   Link #21968
Kylon99

That's a pretty good write up. That's basically what I assumed just from reading EP7 TP and EP8 back to back that I can't even see where the facts end and the theory begins anymore. I think it's safe to assume that that is what's going on.

By the way, EP8 character poll is up. Severe EP8 spoilers if you look at the cast picture too closely...
http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi8/votec.cgi

Also... look at who's in 3rd place... :3

EDIT: Seems like you get a vote each day... and it requires registration.

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-02-19 at 14:02.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 14:44   Link #21969
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Lambda must end at least on the top 5 XD

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 19:18   Link #21970
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

The goat-kuns aren't in last place. In fact, they're in 29th place, above Gaap, Zepar, Furfur, the Siestas, a good amount of the Stakes. Featherrine, and KINZO. A few bad theories and you really climb your way towards the top, huh?
Old 2011-02-19, 21:09   Link #21971
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

DAAAAAAMN. Those are some popular characters the goats are topping.
Old 2011-02-19, 21:13   Link #21972
Sherringford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonozakiUshiromiya View Post
The goat-kuns aren't in last place. In fact, they're in 29th place, above Gaap, Zepar, Furfur, the Siestas, a good amount of the Stakes. Featherrine, and KINZO. A few bad theories and you really climb your way towards the top, huh?
They are voting for self inserts. What did you expect?
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:24   Link #21973
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherringford View Post
They are voting for self inserts. What did you expect?
Well to be fair they usually are in dead last, and it's totally different this time. You could expect people to vote for them for the self insert thing, but could really predict them beating Kinzo in a popularity poll? And they're closing in on Mammon too!

Quote:
and it requires registration.
There's always a catch! too bad there isn't a translated guide or something for english speaking fans (HINT HINT).
Old 2011-02-19, 22:43   Link #21974
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
There's always a catch! too bad there isn't a translated guide or something for english speaking fans (HINT HINT).
Ok... ok. 8) The registration page is here:
http://rena07.com/Cgi/minip/user.cgi

ユーザー名 - user name
メールアドレス - Mail address. It says Free Mail is not possible, but I was able to register with yahoo.com anyways.

パスワード - Password. It says to enter in 8 characters... but... I used 6.

At the bottom, make sure 同意します is checked, to agree with the rules I haven't translated *cough*.

And at the bottom click 送信 to submit. Click クリア to clear.

You should get an email saying 1. 下記URLへジャンプしてください。 ... it wants you to click this URL to complete the registration. You'll want to enter in your password again on that page to finish the registration.

Once that's done you can vote. And remember, you can vote each day it seems...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 05:38   Link #21975
unsuspectingvisitor

the goathead one is on 26? im suprise.

anyway,i think genji is the culprit,the fact that he doesn't have a background story and always have a poker face make me think that he's the culprit.maybe kinzo ordered him to follow the epitapt murder.
unsuspectingvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 10:47   Link #21976
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
the goathead one is on 26? im suprise.

anyway,i think genji is the culprit,the fact that he doesn't have a background story and always have a poker face make me think that he's the culprit.maybe kinzo ordered him to follow the epitapt murder.
Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa aren't murderers!
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 16:24   Link #21977
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

That statement technically only applies to EP1.
Old 2011-02-20, 16:29   Link #21978
Leafsnail

I'm not entirely sure it does. If it only applies in one context at all, I'd think it only applies to ep4. Since it's present tense.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 16:56   Link #21979
Judoh
Mystery buff

I like to beleive it applies to all games because it's such a general statement about their character. That's not to say anyone else has to beleive that, but I mean Beato could have just as easily said it as "they didn't kill anyone" and it would have countered it just the same. So I think applying that red universally makes more sense with how she phrased it.
Old 2011-02-20, 19:47   Link #21980
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I guess so, I'm just saying it's not an absolute conclusion since it was made in response to something in EP1 instead of generally.

Either way, that one Dine rule guarantees their innocence anyway.