Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 21:40   Link #1001
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
mosly agree

by the way has anyone thought about the name of this ln

(The King of the Magic Bullet and Vanadis) at least thats what i think it says
Well it says Madan No Ou To Vanadis, the Madan No Ou stands for King of the Magic Bullet, and Vanadis are the subleaders in Zchted. So title sums up to kind of Tigre and the Vanadis, or their encounter/adventure ?_? Hence the to in between. Least that's my assumption.

Btw, anyone get what the chapter names for vol 6 are ?_? bit sad that there's no other pics for it except for cover, but I'll let my imagination handle it
The descriptions in the story are always more than enough. The pics are just an awesome bonus is all XD Especially the one after the battle with Roland
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 22:19   Link #1002
Xacual

Doesn't Tigre get called Madan no Ou in story, I think it's the Zchted guys start calling him that after his feat in volume 1 with the wyvern.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 22:31   Link #1003
Ghanw
(-_-)

Its probably his bow to cause it can shoot like a bullet, as the title refers him about his bow that can shoot magical bullets with the (as the bows power come mostly from) vanadis. Atleast that is kind of how I interperted it.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 00:15   Link #1004
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Its probably his bow to cause it can shoot like a bullet, as the title refers him about his bow that can shoot magical bullets with the (as the bows power come mostly from) vanadis. Atleast that is kind of how I interperted it.
And even though the author probably didn't intend it, the translation is fitting otherwise too, since a 'magic bullet' both has roots in Germanic folklore as missiles of supernatural accuracy...and has the modern meaning along the lines 'specialized guaranteed cure for a [specific problem/issue/pathogen/what-have-you]'.

Tigre's got his work cut out for him, that's for sure.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 05:00   Link #1005
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Doesn't Tigre get called Madan no Ou in story, I think it's the Zchted guys start calling him that after his feat in volume 1 with the wyvern.
Huh? I do not believe so, I believe it's another title, *check baka tsuki*, it's star shooter, which is kind of a mockery on the group's name
Old 2013-01-29, 05:17   Link #1006
azziz

i can't wait for the first spoilers to come out;a summary would be even better.
but i'm wonder if we will have right to the same lightning fast translation as usual,that would be of course the most important!
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 11:48   Link #1007
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Huh? I do not believe so, I believe it's another title, *check baka tsuki*, it's star shooter, which is kind of a mockery on the group's name
From how I interpreted it, he is not called "Madan no Ou" at all, it is simply a reference to a legend that Lim speaks of at the end of Volume 1. In later volumes, the army calls him "Silvrash" during battle, which was a nickname given to him by Muozinel due to his abilities, I guess? I don't remember, nor is there a guarantee I'm right :P
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 12:30   Link #1008
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

This is a short story I found for Madan, it only existed in Prologue now. I found the same translation in three different Chinese site, so it seem to be legit.

Quote:
This is when Tigre was still a prisoner of war, and still lived at LaMentiz.

"Let me hide here! They found out about the theft (Of food)."

Ellen opened the door without knocking, and said it with a serious face. Sitting on the bed is a stunned Tigre. Even if you said no, this Vandris is not going to leave. He is after all a prisoner of war, even resistance is futile.

"Ok is ok, but there isn't anywhere to hide here."

"No worries, until this commotion die down."

Ellen looked around the room, and saw the Samisen on the wall.

"Samisen? Where did you get that?"

"Won it while gambling. The other guy had no money, so it became my collateral."

Gambling with the Ztched troops appear to be one of Tigre's few amusements.

"That is pretty cool. Play for me"

"That is unfortunate. I don't understand this thing's style, Can you teach it to me?"

Tigre had a bit of a evil thought when he answered, this girl is amazing with a sword, so she don't look like someone who is compatible with an instrument. But Ellen faintly smiled and took the Samisen.

"Ok, I will give you an example."

Taking the Samisen, Ellen sat next to Tigre, her fingertip lightly brushing the instrument.

In a instant, music came to life, and overflow from the instrument and her fingers.

"It is a instrument that even peasants use, so I handle it quite a few times too."

一边巧妙的用着拨片弹着弦,艾伦露出了愉快的笑容,小小的房间里响起了轻快的旋律。银色的头发像在跳舞似的 轻微的跳动着。

从她那愉快的弹奏着的表情里可以看出,应该是十分喜欢的曲子吧。就像微微的重叠着音符,不断向上奔跑一样的 感觉包围着泰格勒。真是一首单单听着就让人无法冷静下来的曲子啊。

不一会儿,曲子就弹奏完,艾伦最后一边用拨片留下了余韵,一边以一副昂然自得的笑脸看着泰格勒,慢了一拍子 的泰格勒马上拍手称绝。

「真是太吃惊了,太厉害了,嗯,听着迷了」

被放手称赞的艾伦好像感到害羞似的脸红了,并且用手指弹着琴弦。

「大、大概就是这样子啦。——再弹一会儿、再给你弹一会儿也不是不可以哦?」

泰格勒笑着点了点头,艾伦重新拿好三弦琴。艾伦自己也是,刚刚弹奏完一曲显得十分斗志昂扬。回想一下,三弦 琴什么的已经有两年多没有碰过了,也很久没有被人称赞过了。得意忘形起来也是没办法的事情啦。

然后——听到拥有白银色头发的战姬所弹奏的三弦琴的琴声的莉姆,没有花太多的时间就闯进了这间 房子。
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 19:36   Link #1009
Athena
The Power of One

I think it was Ellen who said that first when she saw Tigre shoot an arrow or something in V1...and it was a metaphor because it was just like a magic bullet, thus "king of magic bullet (madan no ou)". It might have some fantastic historical story to the origin of the title, but I forgot.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:01   Link #1010
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I think it was Ellen who said that first when she saw Tigre shoot an arrow or something in V1...and it was a metaphor because it was just like a magic bullet, thus "king of magic bullet (madan no ou)". It might have some fantastic historical story to the origin of the title, but I forgot.
She may or may not have mentioned that it was like magic, but I don't believe she called him "Madan no Ou," since the specific title only came out at the end of Volume 1 when Lim talks about it.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:15   Link #1011
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
She may or may not have mentioned that it was like magic, but I don't believe she called him "Madan no Ou," since the specific title only came out at the end of Volume 1 when Lim talks about it.
Obviously duh, Ou means king, and AFAIK, Tigre is far from being a king. There's no way Ellen will call him Ou. But if Ellen did say he fired a magic bullet, it's kinda obvious who the title refer to when mentioning madan no ouisn't it.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:30   Link #1012
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

maby that will be his future title
Old 2013-01-30, 04:21   Link #1013
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
After Volume 4, I'm completely on Ludmira's side now XD

and I think the illustrator had a hard time keeping up with the deadline cause he was sick? Anyway I think people just tend to like the initial illustrations shown, cause that was the first one they saw and they got use to the art =P

Can't really agree with the unbreakable machine doll and campione! art comment tho, bad maybe but horrible? no
I've been on Lyudmila's side since Volume 2; Volume 4 helped seal the deal, considering how well she played Tigre and the situation to her advantage.

The 魔弾の王 title was only used for the legend that dated way further back than the Zchted founding legend. Tigre's (and his army's) titles so far have been nothing but references to stars.

Kind of tempted to start reading Volume 6, just to see if Kawaguchi Tsukasa handles Olga's character the same way he handled Phil in Thousand and Aegis. Would be very worthwhile if Olga is as awesome as Phil is.
Old 2013-01-30, 05:27   Link #1014
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
I've been on Lyudmila's side since Volume 2; Volume 4 helped seal the deal, considering how well she played Tigre and the situation to her advantage.

The 魔弾の王 title was only used for the legend that dated way further back than the Zchted founding legend. Tigre's (and his army's) titles so far have been nothing but references to stars.

Kind of tempted to start reading Volume 6, just to see if Kawaguchi Tsukasa handles Olga's character the same way he handled Phil in Thousand and Aegis. Would be very worthwhile if Olga is as awesome as Phil is.
Just asking, is there any translation for Thousand & Aegis? I'm interested since it's by the same author~
Old 2013-01-30, 05:45   Link #1015
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Just asking, is there any translation for Thousand & Aegis? I'm interested since it's by the same author~
From what I have heard, there is a Chinese one. The series is on its ninth volume so far, though, so be warned that there is a lot of catching up to do.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:09   Link #1016
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:

The part where they slept together was hilarious XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Chinese one is at Vol 4 (?) I Believe
Old 2013-01-30, 06:19   Link #1017
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
The part where they slept together was hilarious XD
It was one of my favorite scenes, hahaha. Lyudmila tempting Tigre in the next volume was even better!
Old 2013-01-30, 06:26   Link #1018
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
It was one of my favorite scenes, hahaha. Lyudmila tempting Tigre in the next volume was even better!
Lol she's so daring XD Tigre should had accepted the offer to warm her body by sleeping together with her XD
Old 2013-01-30, 06:30   Link #1019
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol she's so daring XD Tigre should had accepted the offer to warm her body by sleeping together with her XD
I definitely would have accepted her offer in a heartbeat - and then probably get speared through the chest a second later.

It's just a shame that the latter part of Volume 5 was so rushed.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:31   Link #1020
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I definitely would have accepted her offer in a heartbeat - and then probably get speared through the chest a second later.

It's just a shame that the latter part of Volume 5 was so rushed.
Biggest discontent was the fact that in Vol 4 and 5 the cover vanadis barely have any parts at all =(, lol she will probably freeze your lower part XD

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)