Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2017-09-12, 09:30   Link #3161
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
No it isn't.

"They join Sasha and Conny in fending off the Titans around them when a newly freed Eren strikes a particular Titan with his bare hand, triggering something that everyone with the Power of the Titans can feel. This causes all the mindless Titans present to drop what they are doing in favor of devouring the one that had attacked Eren. As he runs away he screams and sends the Titans after Reiner and Bertholdt.

Ymir now realizes why they were after Eren, and that with his power the people of the Walls may have a future. The Scouts prepare to retreat during the confusion and Ymir looks back to see Reiner and Bertholdt are about to be overwhelmed. She reaches out to Historia and caresses her hair before apologizing and turning to run back. Ymir arrives in time to stop a Titan from eating Bertholdt.

Ymir with no regrets
Ymir reflects on her time as a goddess
With her assistance, the three make to back to Wall Maria where Reiner asks her why she came back to them. Ymir calls herself an idiot, but that she will be a souvenir so they do not return empty-handed. If they had not come to break the Wall, she would never have woken from her nightmare, so she is going to return what she borrowed. Bertholdt shakes as he thanks her and apologizes. With tears in her eyes, Ymir reflects that it was not so bad being a goddess for a while"~Attack on Titan wiki
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 10:17   Link #3162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ymir never managed to awaken the true powers of her titan so I don't think she inherited Marcel's memories. She felt indebted to Reiner and Bertoldt because she ate their friend (incidentally, she didn't know about it until they told her) and it was what allowed her to be freed from her nightmare, so she offered up her life as a way to pay them back. If anyone influenced her decision, it was Historia and her kindness.
Old 2017-09-13, 12:28   Link #3163
grecefar

well I was lost, since it was explained that in the last years marley sent ships to the island and armie and eren destroyed all of them, so I thought he was still in the island, maybe I miss something on how he get to marley or something.

It's not like he didn't look like him because when I saw him I thought he was eren, my question was how did he get there.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 17:30   Link #3164
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Erm.... Swimming to Marley in Titan form?
Old 2017-09-13, 18:11   Link #3165
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm sure we'll get a flashback explaining how Eren got there in due time. If I had to guess, I'd say he stole one of the Marley ships or one was made for him, he reached the continent, gathered info in some country, infiltrated a battlefield where Marley was involved and stole a uniform from a dead soldier. Then he maimed himself in order to get sent back to Marley instead of another battlefield and pretended to have amnesia due to PTSD to avoid failing a background check.
Old 2017-10-03, 15:50   Link #3166
kitten320

I must have missed something but what exactly makes people believe that eating someone will give them an endless information? How much did Ymir remember of Reiner's friend's memories? Tiny pieces here and there? Eren? His memory is a total mess and still not fully pieced together and it had been years.

So if I did miss something, please tell me cause I admit that I did kinda skip few chapters here and there and simply had an over all view of it.

Also the fact that Annie only has 2 or so years to live will make her far more cooperative. Cause what does Annie desire the most? To see her family. Why waste the last two years of her life to help the country she despises when helping enemy to destroy her country would be far more beneficial? She would kill two birds with one stone. Destroy the country she hates and see her family for the last time. It's a win win situation for her. All she needs is to convince them.

And best way to see if Annie is lying or not is to play a mind game like they did with Bertholdt. Hide the fact that they found a diary and ate Bertholdt and simply question her and see how much matches up. And yes sure, keep a leash. It would be indeed foolish to have 100% trust in her.

But to kill her without questioning and hoping that all of the memories will come straight away is even more foolish.

EDIT: Also about the whole memory thing. If it really is that accurate then Armin should have Berthold's memories and as a result should know about Annie's reluctance to take part in this and her hatred for Marley and snap on Reiner. And Armin is very persuasive. Not to mention he always had a bit of a soft spot for her and vice versa. And now he knows of Bertholds crush on her. Somehow I doubt that it's coincidence that Armin of all people ate Bertholdt. Pretty sure Isayama planned it this way for a reason.

Is Annie still alive or not is debatable, even if I think it is possible. We'll see. However, I'm confident that she was at the very least questioned before any other judgements towards her future were taken.

Last edited by kitten320; 2017-10-03 at 16:16.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-06, 06:11   Link #3167
kitten320

Looks like the chapter is out. Guess we are finally to expect something big next chapter and onward.
Old 2017-10-06, 07:26   Link #3168
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

......ahhhhhhh, I can't wait for next chapter!!! Now, is this what they call calm before the storm... What a reunion...!
Old 2017-10-06, 11:52   Link #3169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks like the letters really were for Zeke after all. I wonder what they're planning to do and how their alliance came to be.

Eren met his grandfather, who has lost his mind. That was a pretty sad scene.
Old 2017-10-06, 16:16   Link #3170
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yeah, agreed... It's really sad about Eren's Grandpa
And From the beginning of the arc... Zeke act like he up something...
But never thought Eren would send the letter to Zeke.
And look! Eren look so mature... He is not some annoying brat like before!
Old 2017-10-08, 17:27   Link #3171
Jmariofan7

Okay, there is no proof that Eren is working with Zeke, the letters Eren was sending were most likely to the other main characters hiding around somewhere.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 18:01   Link #3172
grecefar

I thinking all that festival is going to end in blood and this meeting between eren a reiner is going to turn around everything, damn is hard to wait another month.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 11:00   Link #3173
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder if Eren was a Trojan's Horse or he was trying make an exchange?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 12:33   Link #3174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Okay, there is no proof that Eren is working with Zeke, the letters Eren was sending were most likely to the other main characters hiding around somewhere.
The baseball and the glove Eren has are a pretty big hint.
Old 2017-10-09, 13:39   Link #3175
scififan

Eren seems unusually calm. His old self would challenge Reiner when he arrived in the ghetto/concentration camp. He even chit chat with Reiner about Reiner's returning to his hometown, while it reminding Reiner that Eren lost his mother and his hometown. In addition, Reiner meets with Eren in the underground, which is more difficult for them to transform.

More interesting, those mysterious food vendors came to ghetto. Is Reiner's hometown becoming another titan fields? One Mala officer is suddenly promoted to the Marshal, and it's hinting top officers are "retired".

When Eren used his father's name to call himself, his grandfather knows that he's identifying himself. When other people are approaching, the old man is acting lunatic, and it explained why he is talking to a stranger, since people living in the ghetto are under constant watch from Mala secret police.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 17:49   Link #3176
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eren never used his father's name. He presented himself as Kruger. The grandfather really has gone crazy after what happened to his son, hence why he's in a mental hospital. The twist was that he wasn't a doctor there but a patient.
Old 2017-10-09, 21:45   Link #3177
Windsgrace

I thought it might be Eren but damn. Time flies. I wonder how many years he has left. Not many I suppose. Also Mikasa. I wonder how she is. I doubt well. :P (It was mentioned that even if they had a child the kid would have the same lifespan as Eren.) IIRC
Old 2017-10-09, 21:58   Link #3178
Ratedhook522

Honestly this festival is kinda creeping me out. I’m afraid something bad is going to happen regarding the fate of eldians and paradise island. I was hoping Eren being on the Marleyan continent was foreshadowing paradise island getting ready to launch their own attack against the world but after reading the latest chapter I can only assume that Eren is there by himself and the tibur family having some kind of plan being set in place that’ll be revealed at the festival.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 22:25   Link #3179
Wandering Soul

The fact that Eren kept his calm when meeting Reiner again really shows that's he grown.

I wasn't expecting him to get a meeting with his grandfather. That was a sad scene.
Old 2017-10-10, 00:32   Link #3180
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
I thought it might be Eren but damn. Time flies. I wonder how many years he has left. Not many I suppose. Also Mikasa. I wonder how she is. I doubt well. :P
Why not? Aside form being temporarily separated from Eren.

Quote:
(It was mentioned that even if they had a child the kid would have the same lifespan as Eren.) IIRC
That can't be right. Eren outlived his father. He also lived longer than thirteen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote