AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 03:19   Link #4741
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I haven't been on as much this last week or so (missed getting the Love Fool meta because of it), but I've only seen a few bad random dungeons in that week. One was a Pit of Saron. You know something is bad when you die on few mobs...twice. Just me though...It has been a long time since I was able to pull aggro off a tank, but I was able to. They didn't kick me because the healer though he didn't heal me enough and the tank I discovered hadn't done this heroic before...as a tank. (The second death was due to be not getting myself up to full before jumping into the next fight, and pulling the second bone miner off the tank on the shadowfury hit) After that we seemed fine. First two bosses went down more or less alright. Then we had problems with the run up to the cave, but no more than one death I think. Then the cave run...absolute failure. Two total wipes at the halfway with the tank dying first quickly. The group broke up after that instead of trying to just replace the tank. Then I had a wonderful Halls of Reflection run. I didn't have to kill a single thing as they were on the final run when I came in. I died once in an attempt to get to them, since I was following (at quite some distance) the Lich King, but an abomination came after me instead of them, so I just ran (with Nitro Boots) in an attempt to get past...died, but they got the abomination because of it. Ran back and got back to the run by the time they finished, getting me two frost in like six minutes.

As for new content. I suppose 3.3.4 could be retaking Gnomer and the Echo Islands (as a start), but they say that Stranglethorn will be one of the most heavily changed regions...I wonder if the Trolls will relocate back to their old homeland with a city, though that would mean that would become a 1-10 zone...unless it is somehow instanced like the Worgan starting area or Death Knight area so that the early leveling takes place in instanced Stranglethorn, get on the blimp to Orgimmar and continue leveling normally, to return later. Gnomer is in a level 1-10 zone, but is a level 28 instance. And there isn't much in the Echo Islands that we can see (not like the Cataclysm can't raise or lower the water level to expose ruins of an old Troll city for them to take).

They've only said Stranglethorn will change, but not how. One imagines either more conflict between the Horde and Alliance, or perhaps more Goblin and Troll settlements. Of course the change might be massive destructions instead (Booty Bay washed away maybe) due to a raise in the sea level. Also probably some other changes to remove some older quests from the area or something.
Old 2010-02-23, 04:27   Link #4742
Professor Waldorf X

Send a message via AIM to Professor Waldorf X Send a message via MSN to Professor Waldorf X
Wait, isn't the Darkspear from Echo Isles? I mean, they are one of the smallest tribes, so it would make sense for their home to be small as well.

Also, any word on the validity of the rumor of Garrosh having Cairne assassinated?
Professor Waldorf X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 06:02   Link #4743
Clarste
Human

The Darkspear are from some island in the middle of the ocean that sank. So our homeland doesn't even exist anymore (unless it'll rise from the sea?). The Echo Islands were colonized shortly after Orgrimmar was built, but apparently that didn't last.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 08:28   Link #4744
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I haven't been on as much this last week or so (missed getting the Love Fool meta because of it), but I've only seen a few bad random dungeons in that week. One was a Pit of Saron. You know something is bad when you die on few mobs...twice. Just me though...It has been a long time since I was able to pull aggro off a tank, but I was able to. They didn't kick me because the healer though he didn't heal me enough and the tank I discovered hadn't done this heroic before...as a tank. (The second death was due to be not getting myself up to full before jumping into the next fight, and pulling the second bone miner off the tank on the shadowfury hit) After that we seemed fine. First two bosses went down more or less alright. Then we had problems with the run up to the cave, but no more than one death I think. Then the cave run...absolute failure. Two total wipes at the halfway with the tank dying first quickly. The group broke up after that instead of trying to just replace the tank. Then I had a wonderful Halls of Reflection run. I didn't have to kill a single thing as they were on the final run when I came in. I died once in an attempt to get to them, since I was following (at quite some distance) the Lich King, but an abomination came after me instead of them, so I just ran (with Nitro Boots) in an attempt to get past...died, but they got the abomination because of it. Ran back and got back to the run by the time they finished, getting me two frost in like six minutes.

As for new content. I suppose 3.3.4 could be retaking Gnomer and the Echo Islands (as a start), but they say that Stranglethorn will be one of the most heavily changed regions...I wonder if the Trolls will relocate back to their old homeland with a city, though that would mean that would become a 1-10 zone...unless it is somehow instanced like the Worgan starting area or Death Knight area so that the early leveling takes place in instanced Stranglethorn, get on the blimp to Orgimmar and continue leveling normally, to return later. Gnomer is in a level 1-10 zone, but is a level 28 instance. And there isn't much in the Echo Islands that we can see (not like the Cataclysm can't raise or lower the water level to expose ruins of an old Troll city for them to take).

They've only said Stranglethorn will change, but not how. One imagines either more conflict between the Horde and Alliance, or perhaps more Goblin and Troll settlements. Of course the change might be massive destructions instead (Booty Bay washed away maybe) due to a raise in the sea level. Also probably some other changes to remove some older quests from the area or something.
Yike. I've never been in a PoS group that has stuffed the cave rush. Although I've been in ones that are so utterly hopeless on Ick and the ramp after him. If I had a dime for the number of times I'm one of 1-2 people alive after an Ick kill, I'd be a millionare. If a group sounds like they'll stuff up Tyrannus, I'll be as annoying as I need to ensure they dont mess up on channels.

What I remember from previous descriptions is that the Horde will get a foothold in Darkshore, that Thousand Needles will get completely flooded, that the area aound Silverpine gets really messed up. Silithus and Azshara are supposed to be hotspots where elementals start running wild. Think Azhsara is supposed to be the gateway to Cataclysm. Finally might be a useful zone!

Personally I've been looking forward to liberating Gnomeregan and I hope that it will be a good event. Love is In The Air was a mix. The changes to completing the meta were much better. But the SFK event was handled poorly. At least they're using the LFD system in the future to encourage more people to do it. Still, unless they change a pre-existing one, I don't think there's much activity for that until Brewfest? Noblegarden and Children;s Wekk aren't linked to that and Midsummer has Ahune in the Slave Pens but he doesn't really drop much...the 2nd time around his items were still 70 and the Summer Scorchling was still below 1% drop rate. *shrug* We shall see. I just am getting a little weary and ICC isn't as thrilling as I thought it would be. That substandard RP death video for the Lich King did not help. I want to farm up to the gold cap but the AH these days seems to have crashed for almost anything. Not sure how I'd do it aside from a slow grind.
Old 2010-02-23, 09:31   Link #4745
Clarste
Human

I don't think I've ever met anyone else who actually knows the Ick fight. You'd think that they'd run when he chases them, but no, every single random player I've ever seen just stands there and dies. Luckily he's not very hard at all, but it's certainly annoying to have to rez people after that for no good reason.
Old 2010-02-23, 10:26   Link #4746
Skane
Anime Snark

The most hilarious Ick fight I ever had was on my healer. The first dps died to mine explosions. The second died to Pursuit. The third died to... you guessed it, Poison Nova.

To Tank: "Hat Trick."
*pause*
*gets it*
From Tank: "LOL!"
~~~~ ~~~~
Generally speaking, I find that I can control the fate of an Heroic run better if I am the Healer; because it is then that I can basically attempt to channel Jesus if things go horribly wrong. It can be slow though, if the Tank is a tour guide as well.

The next is as a Tank, as I can attempt to bear the burden of everyone and still chainpull without dying. Generally the fastest, as I can gauge the competency of the Healer during the first few pulls before accelerating/decelerating accordingly.

The hardest is as a DPS, as my options are generally limited to, "Must interrupt this mob!" "Must kill this mob ASAP!" etc... I have some of the funniest moments as a DPS though, especially when a fail tank attempts to unload the blame on the rest of the party and tries to mock us in finding a replacement tank as he/she abandons the party. I usually just shrug and switch back to tank spec.

"Actually, DPS is my alt spec."

Cheers.
Old 2010-02-23, 11:19   Link #4747
Clarste
Human

I think I sort of cheat, in the control sense. As I said, I come with a tank I know, so that's covered, and with a good tank you don't really need a good healer. In an emergency though, I can just him myself since I'm an elemental shaman and have decent mana and spellpower.
Old 2010-02-23, 14:50   Link #4748
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I recall the Darkspear were originally from Stranglethorn, but chased out by some sort of Murloc invasion (as well as hosility from the other tribes), settled on a island where Thrall found them, and since moved to the Echo Islands (only to be kicked from there as well). With the Horde in Stranglethorn, I'd think they could retake their old homes...if they still exist. Otherwise its Echo Islands...City of the Trolls...otherwise known...as "4chan".

As for Ick...Generally we only lose maybe one party member in that fight...usually the healer who tends not to move when needed. I only die to Pursuit in that fight (twice so far), first time because it was the first time, and the second time because I got cornered and forgot about my nitro boots until it was too late. We lose more to the ramp up to the cave and Garfrost than to Ick. And the cave can be a wipe fest if the tank and healer have no clue what to do...or not to do. One time we wiped because the tank got too far ahead of us and they all switched to there next target. me.
Old 2010-02-23, 22:19   Link #4749
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Doomsday events are being triggered by the return of Cho'gall.

Spoiler for Cho'gall return:
Old 2010-02-23, 22:21   Link #4750
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

AQ10/25? Naw.
Old 2010-02-24, 00:05   Link #4751
Xacual

C'thun wasn't killed in Vanilla, technically none of the old Gods are really killable. C'thun after being beaten into submission in Vanilla by the forces of Azeroth basically got control of Cho'Gall and is sort of possessing him / using him atm. That's why in the comics Cho'gall is huge and has tentacles now....

The timeline of the comics takes place in the events after bc but before wotlk.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:49   Link #4752
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Either I had really bad luck or the Alliance in BG9 are just terrible at PvP. Did about a dozen BGs last night. 9 terrible losses, 1 SotA draw, 1 reasonable EotS win and 1 1600-0 AB win. Thankfully the 2 wins were the 2 dailies. One freaking clown in the EotS win took the flag at the start and refused to turn it in despite the fact we had all 4 nodes most of the time....Everyone else in that match wanted him banned. That's just beyond stupid.
Old 2010-02-25, 04:51   Link #4753
Professor Waldorf X

Send a message via AIM to Professor Waldorf X Send a message via MSN to Professor Waldorf X
LOL, Alliance is terrible period[/Straw Horde]

That's one reason I don't care for PvP, its almost impossible to tell whether or not its your team being bad or the other team being too good.
Professor Waldorf X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 08:01   Link #4754
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, maybe not...tonight I had 12 wins in a row in SotA. :P Guess it was just a bad batch I had on Wednesday.

So Icy Chains now does damage on targets with Frost Fever. But the ?! DK change is that Unholy Blight will prevent diseases form being curable full stop...I can't see that lasting.
Old 2010-02-25, 14:52   Link #4755
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

DKs can't do anything when Abolish Disease/Cleansing Totem are nearby; SS doesn't hit for anything at all (in PvP).
Old 2010-02-25, 17:02   Link #4756
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And likewise, I can't do stuff all when Anti-Magic Shield, Anti-Magic Zone, Ghoul and Ebon Gargoyle are all cranking at once. It's not like DK PvP is hard. Get a healer and watch everything fall.
Old 2010-02-25, 22:28   Link #4757
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

My main is a Mage

My DK's still 76.

Unholy is certainly good, but when paired with a healer in 2s say, you just don't hit that hard unless you're rocking PvE gear.
Old 2010-02-25, 22:52   Link #4758
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

DK's just need to get a Byrntoll and a Deatbringer's Will from a GDKP. Not exactly hard considering they're first wing. Crank those, roll with a Paladin and it's good night, especially with Double DK + Pally in 3s. Plate classes can afford to crank a bit more PvE gear. Casters, meh - doesn't work. Foreign Object doesn't work well for PvP, only wortth cranking a PvE weapon or oneself is easily ripped through by melee.
Old 2010-02-26, 01:15   Link #4759
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Yesh DFO is rubbish in PvP, I roll with Titan-Forged Trinket and Talisman/Battlemaster's (PvPing as Arcane, bored of Frost.)

Even with Bryntoll's/SE/Cryptmaker, DKs have the worst damage among an equally geared melee, I fear the Bladestorming DBW'd Warrior much more.

Tbh, as long as things don't get to the 4T6+Glaive/Macestun shitness level I'm happy playing Arena again
Old 2010-02-26, 07:20   Link #4760
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Mmm ICC isn't too bad, kinda fun. First full week of raiding last week in ages was good fun.

Completely spoiled the end of ICC in Dal for myself the other day. Silly statue, clicked on it and up pops a video!

I havent really been following the story with Cho'gal, have a link handy that covers that story at all?

Was going to buy the Arthas novel the other day, was kinda tempted.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows