AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-05, 18:17   Link #2441
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This was a pretty nice series.

I have one question though. Was the only reason that Princess Hitei killed Togame was that she was planning to kill Shichika afterwards as revenge for her father? I'm not exactly clear on why she had to kill her if she didn't "dislike her."
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:00   Link #2442
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This was a pretty nice series.

I have one question though. Was the only reason that Princess Hitei killed Togame was that she was planning to kill Shichika afterwards as revenge for her father? I'm not exactly clear on why she had to kill her if she didn't "dislike her."
She had to because she found out that Togame was the daughter of a traitor. If she withheld news like that she would have been killed.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 04:03   Link #2443
daniel0987

Did any one find the lyrics to Lay Back and Last Battle? I was wondering what was the exact words they sang...
daniel0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:50   Link #2444
Konakona4

Does anyone have the music that's used at the start of episode 7, when Nanami is in a village she destroyed? It's not in the 2 OSTs =[ And when does Shichika vs Hakuhei come out? >,<;; DVD hurry~
Konakona4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 01:15   Link #2445
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakona4 View Post
Does anyone have the music that's used at the start of episode 7, when Nanami is in a village she destroyed? It's not in the 2 OSTs =[ And when does Shichika vs Hakuhei come out? >,<;; DVD hurry~
Sorry mate never.
Old 2011-02-22, 10:48   Link #2446
Konakona4

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Sorry mate never.
Why'd they not include it in the soundtrack? =_= eesh
Konakona4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 03:52   Link #2447
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Caught on this anime late. But just watched ep 7 and can't bear it.... Ihave to put down something....

Rest Nanami-neesan, you should be the star of the series. It's just the idiotic write/producer decide to bring you out of the picture. And since we have Rika+ Rena playing in this, maybethere would be alternative fragments when you lead a happy life. No... definitely there're plenty of fragments where fate treats you in a fairer manner

Will miss you.... My favorite character, and also one of the main reason i am watching this show

On a more indecent topic to cheer myself up: if Nanami. instead of going the martial art way, turned yuri and went hooking up on girls. Then she gonna turn into a yuri Goddess with her skills to copy technique/analyse strength and weakness of her target (which obviously can't work if she's straight). Now i wish to see an alternative series as Nanamigatari instead

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-02-26 at 05:50.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 17:53   Link #2448
mecharobot

I'm going to be frank and say that this could be an excellent series. For me however, I don't like seeing thin little girls being powerful fighters for no reason. It's not funny or even remotely belivable. This pretty much writes off one third of episodes for me.
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 03:59   Link #2449
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler:

Supposedly the two "assistants" in episode 3 is a reference to two characters called the Niounomiya Twins in Zaregoto. Is that true?
Old 2011-03-06, 10:22   Link #2450
daniel0987

Ah, the Katanagatari Song Collection Vol. 1 is apparently out.
Old 2011-03-07, 21:36   Link #2451
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0987 View Post
Ah, the Katanagatari Song Collection Vol. 1 is apparently out.
You mean the ending themes one?
Old 2011-03-07, 21:39   Link #2452
Kunagisa

Quote:
Spoiler:

Supposedly the two "assistants" in episode 3 is a reference to two characters called the Niounomiya Twins in Zaregoto. Is that true?
They do look similar, and there was a semi uproar when people noticed it, but no confirmation.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 09:26   Link #2453
daniel0987

Quote:
You mean the ending themes one?
Yes, but no uploaders yet...
Old 2011-03-21, 14:45   Link #2454
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I finally made the resolve to finish the last episode, it was good. I hated it when I finish any series, it just leaves me in this dazed mood(even after you finished it before). The epilogue of everyone else besides Togame was nice, otherwise it was just heart shattering.
Note: Those blonde fortune teller are always such a tease... dammit. Why does it gotta be this way?

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-03-21 at 15:03.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 14:18   Link #2455
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

Just finished the series and it was an excellent series in many ways. One whole hour ep each month broadcasted in parallel to Shichika and Togame's journey was pretty unique. Those who followed the series live would have been feeling the time flow along with the main characters.

The pacing seems to disagree with a lot of people looking for katana action given the name 'katanagatari'. A lot of comments on anime reviews seems to revolve around 'zomg it's all talk and no fight', 'where's the sliced sharks?' etc but i think they missed the point altogether. Journeying the country and understanding what togame was living for was the main plot and the fighting was just setting.

I enjoyed all the background story of every swordsman. If the creators wanted to tell stories, 'gatari', then you just enjoy the stories. And they were genuinely interesting stories and not filler monster of the week nonsense. what happened with Sabi Hakuhei was pretty funny. Yes the company trolled on his epicness but delivered only dangos in the end, but it felt very natural in that episode. In turn that helps (or perhaps solely to) max the tension of Nanami's true personality.

Tamura yukari was cute and loveable all throughout. Hosoya Yoshimasa I never heard of but he kicked ass as well. I don't think I will ever see my bowl of Cheerios the same way again.

Just like many samurai movies, the main battles last only for a moment. But you feel all the build up was not for naught. Katanagatari was funny and entertaining, great action when it comes to it, and captures the depth of the spirit of japanese bushido.

Katanagatari is very different from Bakemono, but a vague zen familiarity runs through both. haha great stuff all!
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:59   Link #2456
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally finished it myself... and holy holy holy shit.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2011-03-28, 09:30   Link #2457
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Finally finished it myself... and holy holy holy shit.

Spoiler for Ending:
On Hitei-Hime, i think it's just that she's actually very similar to Togame in nature, if not exactly the same type of person. It's just that Togame's childhood was ruined by her own quest to revenge until the last minute, while Hitei simply just wanted to mess up the entire plan of her ancestor.

In another word:
- Togame: has cold personality (cross-eye)as she want revenge (A) -> act cute during the entire anime so she can exploit her own emotion to "trick" her self and Shichika (B)
- Hiteihime: originally have cute personality (B) -> act cold to rid off her emotion during the entire anime so she can mess up the ending of her ancestor plan (A)
Old 2011-03-28, 09:43   Link #2458
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I think I mentioned it before... but

Spoiler for ep.12:

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-03-29 at 04:26. Reason: spoiler tag
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 02:37   Link #2459
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

@Malkuth - Would you mind not posting huge spoilers without spoiler tags? We might have someone who's never seen the series before and just wants to ask a question, and they'll come across your post.
Old 2011-03-29, 04:28   Link #2460
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
@Malkuth - Would you mind not posting huge spoilers without spoiler tags? We might have someone who's never seen the series before and just wants to ask a question, and they'll come across your post.
Fixed But whoever did not expect that would happen by the last episode deserves to get spoiled
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy