AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 19:55   Link #1
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

Watari's romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hachiman Hikigaya with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he see his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters, "They're a bunch of liars." When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, "Not working." A teacher gets Hachiman to join the volunteer "service club," which happens to have the school's prettiest girl, Yukino Yukinoshita.

Source ANN.

Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-18, 20:38   Link #2
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post

Watari's romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hachiman Hikigaya with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he see his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters, "They're a bunch of liars." When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, "Not working." A teacher gets Hachiman to join the volunteer "service club," which happens to have the school's prettiest girl, Yukino Yukinoshita.

Source ANN.

Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Spoiler:
It's actually a light novel. At least originally... and a pretty well-acclaimed one.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:27   Link #3
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's actually a light novel. At least originally... and a pretty well-acclaimed one.
Yep, and the anime adaptation has been announced. Take a look at this thread
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:57   Link #4
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

The eng scanlation apparently has been pretty nicely received, if the anime does well enough with the translation scene let's hope that the LN pics up at some time as well.

Negative main characters are always a plus. Personally I would rate this one higher if there isn't some romance there around the corner, then again the 2 main characters are such opposites that they are probably a good pair up anyway
Old 2012-11-18, 22:53   Link #5
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I have such a good expectation for this, I just hope it doesn't turn out like your average harem comedy and for anime I hope it turns out well. The dialogue was quite witty enough to make this one a good read. The chemistry between the two lead works well enough and the other girl still is new that I can't say too much about the new girl.

Hachiman has the similarity of Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki for his generally pessimistic attitude and maybe Kyon because I found him somewhat witty and cynical. As for the opposite lead, she displays that aloof attitude, one of the distinct fact about tsundere, I really hope she receives the development to identify her beyond the trope. I guess I'm expecting too much.
Old 2012-11-19, 03:06   Link #6
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

At last.... This tread has come!

For some interesting information, this novel series has been vote in 6th rank in "Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2013" , protagonist Hachimen is at 4th rank in male character vote and Yukino is at 8th rank in female.

Oh, I forgot to mention that. thank you
v
v

Last edited by DevotionFX; 2012-11-19 at 08:14.
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 03:12   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotionFX View Post
At last.... This tread has come!

For some interesting information, this novel series has been vote in 6th rank in "Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2013" , protagonist Hachimen is at 4th rank in male character vote and Yukino is at 8th rank in female.
The Illustrator for this series had also won 6th place.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 21:58   Link #8
kobester11

Next chap raw comes out in like 4 to 5 days... We'll be finding and tl-ing the raws right away...
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 23:14   Link #9
florza
一日之计在于晨

'Love Come'... why not 'Romcom'?
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 00:09   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
'Love Come'... why not 'Romcom'?
Don't the Japanese alway say 'Love Comedy' instead of 'Romance Comedy' ?
Old 2012-11-20, 01:23   Link #11
florza
一日之计在于晨

They say 'rabukome'. Usually, you either translate the whole title or don't translate it at all.

In English, they say romantic comedy, romcom for short. Which sounds a lot better than 'Love Come'.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 12:34   Link #12
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So, chapter 3 was released, seemed kinda interested but they also rushed some things in... I don't know, but I just get the feeling that...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-10, 19:40   Link #13
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So, chapter 4 was scanlated.

You didn't thought that this series was going to lack a chuuni, did you?

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-10, 19:45   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Help me put some perspective on this series- because my immediate impression formed in my head after reading the synopsis was that it's Haganai, but less harem antics and more on their... Issues?

I say less harem, only because there are actually other male characters in here.
Old 2013-03-10, 20:21   Link #15
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Help me put some perspective on this series- because my immediate impression formed in my head after reading the synopsis was that it's Haganai, but less harem antics and more on their... Issues?

I say less harem, only because there are actually other male characters in here.
It may seem so, but this is definitely NOT Haganai. However, I fail to put the reason into words. Perhaps it is due to the MC's character and his relationship with the heroine. Our MC, for a change, is extremely pessimistic, but his views actually end up helping those that come to the club. He's not dense to romantic advances so much as too pessimistic to realize them and I find the romance more subtle than it is in Haganai. Our heroine may seem like Yozora, but she has the problems of Sena. In any case, while our MC helps out others with their problems, he, along with the heroine, will eventually have to confront their issues. I foresee some tasty character developments.

BTW, I don't get something. Does Yukinoshita like our MC? Last chapter she supposedly liked the soccer ace.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-03-10 at 20:35.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:51   Link #16
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Hmmnnn, how to explain it quickly?...

... Ah...

Yeah, you know how in most romantic comedies at the start of the show, the main guy and the main girl usually go "let's do this", and "this" can be anything from sports, to getting the eyes of who they like, to traveling, or something; but halfway the story rather than doing "this" it just switch to a romance with them growing together and pretty much all the other things are just put aside, and you might even be punished with cheap budget panty shots and poorly animated oppai hugh scenes?

Well, the main difference here is that when the characters said "let's do this", they actually do "this" (Yukinoshita "perfecting herself to face life" and Hachiman "facing life as who he is whatever it takes" (not as cool as it sounds in practice, though )).

Thanks to the slight realistic tone, the characters don't magically change their views and grow closer, but rather start showing things about themselves and ergo they "supposedly" grow up as a result, it is more of a story about facing life than one about romance. You might get love in the air here and there, but it definitely has nothing to do with Hachiman (so, it gives a sense of "first down, and then up" emotional story).

Also, thanks to how things are handled, I can't tell for the life of mine if Hachiman is eventually going to see light at the end of the rainbow and hook up with someone in the end or not. Heck, even trying to see if Yukinoshita (who isn't that far from the light compared to Hachiman) is going to end up with someone can be hard to tell.... I surprisingly I actually enjoy that "is it even possible for them" way more than a regular rom-com where you just need to read the signs as soon as you get them.
Old 2013-03-10, 22:11   Link #17
Shadow5YA

I would just read a few chapters of the manga adaptation and form your own opinion.

As generic as the setting is, it's hard to describe...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 04:40   Link #18
Shadow5YA

I didn't realize until I saw the intro arc again through the anime, but were Yui's cookies intended for Hachiman from the very beginning?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 07:21   Link #19
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Hmmnnn, how to explain it quickly?...

... Ah...

Yeah, you know how in most romantic comedies at the start of the show, the main guy and the main girl usually go "let's do this", and "this" can be anything from sports, to getting the eyes of who they like, to traveling, or something; but halfway the story rather than doing "this" it just switch to a romance with them growing together and pretty much all the other things are just put aside, and you might even be punished with cheap budget panty shots and poorly animated oppai hugh scenes?

Well, the main difference here is that when the characters said "let's do this", they actually do "this" (Yukinoshita "perfecting herself to face life" and Hachiman "facing life as who he is whatever it takes" (not as cool as it sounds in practice, though )).

Thanks to the slight realistic tone, the characters don't magically change their views and grow closer, but rather start showing things about themselves and ergo they "supposedly" grow up as a result, it is more of a story about facing life than one about romance. You might get love in the air here and there, but it definitely has nothing to do with Hachiman (so, it gives a sense of "first down, and then up" emotional story).

Also, thanks to how things are handled, I can't tell for the life of mine if Hachiman is eventually going to see light at the end of the rainbow and hook up with someone in the end or not. Heck, even trying to see if Yukinoshita (who isn't that far from the light compared to Hachiman) is going to end up with someone can be hard to tell.... I surprisingly I actually enjoy that "is it even possible for them" way more than a regular rom-com where you just need to read the signs as soon as you get them.
I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but when LN, Anime, or mangas are tagged with romance in them, and both the MC and the main heroine and spending tons of time together, they always end up becoming a couple. I can't tell if you're in denial or just ignoring the fact that in the end they will become a couple.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:35   Link #20
kobester11

Hmm you guys are expecting some spoilers huh?

Spoiler for idk:

Last edited by kobester11; 2013-04-11 at 06:11.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck