AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-24, 19:00   Link #261
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I've always wondered why Ciel keeps those three around, since they aren't the type he would hire - or Sebastian would hire either. Plus, how did Ciel encounter those three in the first place, too? Lots of backstory still to be told.
I never thought about this until you bring this up. I thought their whole purpose in this anime is comic relief but now that you mention this plus the Finny flashback, there might be more to the useless servants than meets the eye. Why are they hired? Why them? So many questions...

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:30   Link #262
LKK

Quote:
So Finny's a "he"? And all this time I thought he was a "she". Seriously, I first thought Finny was a guy too but then at certain angles he looked very girly that made me thought: maybe I'm mistaken, that he's a girl...gah, so I was right the first time around.
Yes, Finny is a "he".

Quote:
I've always wondered why Ciel keeps those three around, since they aren't the type he would hire - or Sebastian would hire either. Plus, how did Ciel encounter those three in the first place, too? Lots of backstory still to be told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
I never thought about this until you bring this up. I thought their whole purpose in this anime is comic relief but now that you mention this plus the Finny flashback, there might be more to the useless servants than meets the eye. Why are they hired? Why them? So many questions...
I don't know the specifics as to why the three younger servants were hired. I do know that the manga has provided some explanation at the least.

Spoiler for a quick glimpse into why they were hired:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:36   Link #263
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

There are only 19000 viewers and 14 pages in this thread???.Kuro Shitsuji are one
of worthwhile shows in this season!!!
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:40   Link #264
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
So Finny's a "he"? And all this time I thought he was a "she". Seriously, I first thought Finny was a guy too but then at certain angles he looked very girly that made me thought: maybe I'm mistaken, that he's a girl...gah, so I was right the first time around.
I wasnt sure until the he said "boku" in the first epi and then I realized he was a guy In the manga I thought he was a she as well XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK-Sensei
Spoiler:
Hmmm remind you of anyone else
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-11-24 at 20:00.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 20:56   Link #265
ellifeedn
Thinker

Has anyone noticed how for each episode (I think) there is a dessert made by Sebastian for Ciel? and how that dessert is showcased?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 21:36   Link #266
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I don't know the specifics as to why the three younger servants were hired. I do know that the manga has provided some explanation at the least.

Spoiler for a quick glimpse into why they were hired:
I haven't noticed any hint about the other three servant's past in the manga though.

Tanaka is revealed in the latest c19 of the manga, as well as a good deal about Ciel's past...which was one hell of a ride (pardon the pun ). But about Tanaka, I'm really confused.

And Sebastian's name, it's both irony and satire in one.

Hey, Manju, can I talk about the manga but under spoiler tags here?

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-11-25 at 00:12.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 22:04   Link #267
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Hey, Manju, can I talk about the manga but under spoiler tags here?
If it hasnt been shown in the anime then no, manga talk not related to anything shown yet in the anime has to be done in a manga thread, I dunno if one for Kuroshitsuji exists. This can also be said for manga to anime comparisions since not everyone wants to know what the anime changed.

So anything involving any of the other servants pasts should be talked about there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Has anyone noticed how for each episode (I think) there is a dessert made by Sebastian for Ciel? and how that dessert is showcased?
Shiro and I were talking about that before XD Like its a little commerical or something.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-11-24, 22:18   Link #268
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I haven't read the manga, so SHHHH !!!!
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 00:00   Link #269
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
I haven't read the manga, so SHHHH !!!!
Haha, don't worry. I, personally, won't spill anything (or Manju will have my head x_x ...and she knows all my hiding places too. ._. ). But that doesn't say I won't tease your brains out.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-11-25, 06:01   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Shiro and I were talking about that before XD Like its a little commerical or something.
I love those little scenes. Makes be hungry everytime.
Old 2008-11-25, 08:02   Link #271
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 7

It struck me as so ironic when Sebastian was denigrating dogs for being so loyal and obedient.

There's very little that disturbs me more than violence against dogs. I'm a real dog person myself (I'm the complete opposite of Sebastian, I have no love for cats but dogs are awesome) but even in anime violence against dogs gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Ciel is making a habit of getting it wrong. He's not as good at this mystery-solving thing as he thinks, I would say.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 08:21   Link #272
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

At first I thought this series was going to have a lot of "gay" overtone. I guessed wrong. This is basically a more serious version of Hayate . Either way it involves awesome and a butler who is also awesome. This does throw in some mild comedy here and there, but overall it’s quite serious for a show.

Spoiler for My thought:
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 08:35   Link #273
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
At first I thought this series was going to have a lot of "gay" overtone. I guessed wrong. This is basically a more serious version of Hayate . Either way it involves awesome and a butler who is also awesome. This does throw in some mild comedy here and there, but overall it’s quite serious for a show.

Spoiler for My thought:
Now THAT's just random.
Old 2008-11-25, 16:17   Link #274
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
It is sort of like that, isn't it? Was it done in the manga? If so, what dishes were they? I was thinking of making a list (or, if you prefer, a menu).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 20:09   Link #275
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Just watched episode 7...augh, that was a tough episode for me to watch. I nearly cried with Finny when he hugged that poor deceased dog.

I can't stand anyone who is abusive to dogs and animals in general. *is an animal and major dog lover*

Sebastian definitely knows that there's something mysteriously wrong with the maid. I think she was the one controlling the Barrymore guy all along.

I fine the scene where Sebastian says he hates dogs and looks at Ciel - who barks in return - so ironic. XD Speaking of which, there sure is a good deal of dog references aren't there? The other was Ciel going "woof" over the phone while he was held hostage a few episodes back.

And I also find it funny that Sebastian, having the demon form of a bird (which is my guess from the first episode), should like cats. XD

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-11-25, 21:35   Link #276
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Just watched episode 7...augh, that was a tough episode for me to watch. I nearly cried with Finny when he hugged that poor deceased dog.
Same here. I was on the verge of tears...

Anyways, I remember someone somewhere in this thread said that Ciel is out of character for barking at Sebastian like that. But then, Ciel might be the one who took in those three servants out of the kindness of his heart. There are more to Ciel than meets the eye it would seem and unless I'm the writer (herself?), I don't think we have any right to judge a character as "acting out of character" at this point. Ciel is unpredictable and yet predictable at times.

Last fangirl comment- I love Sebastian. XD I love cats too. ~

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 00:04   Link #277
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Anyways, I remember someone somewhere in this thread said that Ciel is out of character for barking at Sebastian like that. But then, Ciel might be the one who took in those three servants out of the kindness of his heart. There are more to Ciel than meets the eye it would seem and unless I'm the writer (herself?), I don't think we have any right to judge a character as "acting out of character" at this point. Ciel is unpredictable and yet predictable at times.
I don't see how Ciel's sarcastic and sneering bark at Sebastian is out of character at all. It's perfectly in Ciel's character to retaliate against Sebastian like that. Actually, there's very good reason for Ciel's response, which I simply call ironic - so as not to give anything away. XD

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-11-26, 11:57   Link #278
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

santa!ciel does not approve this post

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-11-26, 17:38   Link #279
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
santa!ciel does not approve this post

LOL. Your post is something that Sebastian might do.

Too bad there isn't a Santa!Sebastian or red elf!Grell.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-11-27, 07:18   Link #280
Derby_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Only Sebastian would use such a tactic as jamming his jacket into the chainsaw to stop it working. Just how he acted around that scene was so him.
I love how he risked his own life rather then ruin it!
Derby_O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen