AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 23:54   Link #21
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Having read chapter 3, and taken a peek at the raws, it seems Yuki has been incorporated into the little "gang"... I think a big part of why I like her is because she had a bit of tsundere going on.

And even if I have the RAWs, still can't wait to see them translated

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 13:11   Link #22
outerelf

Everyone loves a tsundere huh? At least Westerners do- I noticed that it's very rare for a japanese Tsundere to win in a harem setting. It's the quiet girl normally. Though, it has been skewing towards the Tsundere's lately...
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 13:42   Link #23
Soji

To think of it there is something that makes me curious.
I mean in Japan, people call each other by name only if the relationship is important, otherwise they use the surname.
in fact, so far we have seen a few people call each other by name and they are Toru and Hijiri,Yuki and Koyuki(in Chapter 3 as Yuki wants Kyoki called her by name), and then Toru and Yuki despite what has happened in the past they continue to each other by name that really makes me wonder what else is there in their past that we do not know.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 14:01   Link #24
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I mean in Japan, people call each other by name only if the relationship is important, otherwise they use the surname.
in fact, so far we have seen a few people call each other by name and they are Toru and Hijiri,Yuki and Koyuki(in Chapter 3 as Yuki wants Kyoki called her by name), and then Toru and Yuki despite what has happened in the past they continue to each other by name that really makes me wonder what else is there in their past that we do not know.
Hmm, I think the problem is, is that western culture of calling everyone by their first names whether we just met them or not is slowly making its way through.

Also, there's the point of how the author writes. Take Beelzebub for example- no matter how close a relationship, everyone calls everyone by the surname. Then you have Bleach where everyone is called by name.
Old 2010-12-07, 14:20   Link #25
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

This is my main beef with most shonen heroes, they rarely show any resentment towards the people that wronged them. I want a petty vengeful bastard for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post

I'm no expert but I think it could also mean disrespect.
Old 2010-12-07, 21:35   Link #26
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
This is my main beef with most shonen heroes, they rarely show any resentment towards the people that wronged them. I want a petty vengeful bastard for once.
Basically what I thought. By the way, you might (or you may already) enjoy Vinland Saga, in which one of the protagonists' pure reason of living is to kill the other protagonist, while resentfully working under the latter (who is fully aware of this) as a soldier. It's a superb series with plenty of gritty action. It's probably more seinen, though.

Quote:
I'm no expert but I think it could also mean disrespect.
It's more like being a little too personal and forward. Meanwhile, Americans would find addressing everyone by last name as being too professional and distant. It's not as much offensive as just uncomfortable.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 23:11   Link #27
outerelf

Mmm? the problem with petty people is the fact that if they're too petty they get labeled as Wangst and then people drop the manga like hot potatoes.

It's a hard balance to keep, and one that makes it extremely hard for shounen writers to create a situation in which they jump into. It's easier to have someone that jumps in. Plenty of writers will tell you that, and you'll find out the same if you ever write a story yourself.
Old 2010-12-08, 06:26   Link #28
ZODDGUTS

Quote:

Same here. Too much goody two shoes for me. Considering what has happened to him being tease/bullied all this time, I would have liked to see this character be more of a gray type of character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:21   Link #29
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I too wouldn't have minded Toru still being resentful towards Yuki.
I will be honest that I'm still a little disappointed at how things with Yuki were wrapped up, may have been a bit too clean cut but hey it was still good.

I still think Yuki should be the one to put forth the effort to becoming friends but as of ch 4 I don't think we'll see much or anything at all on that front.

Altho saying that I'm not bothered how things will go from here, as I'm still liking this series very much.

Well onwards with ch 4 and 1st thing is I was wondering about that other girl that was on the character sheets in ch 1 and she is introduced in ch 4, Kuga-chan!
She's as cute as Koyuki-chan!
Quite a odd chapter I guess, dealing with the mystery of ghosts in a toilet(hanako is it?)
I'm guessing we'll get some backstory on Hijiri soon enough.

I liked the little extras, "sex appeal zero"

I really Toru quite alot, see the ease of him talking to girls casually and not break into a heavy sweat and start hyperventilating is not something you see often.
Old 2010-12-13, 21:42   Link #30
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So what they were saying is, Toru was able to think logically and rationally on any given situation by putting together informations or something?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:50   Link #31
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
So what they were saying is, Toru was able to think logically and rationally on any given situation by putting together informations or something?
basically because he's an iris zero he spent his childhood always observing those around him. That massively developed his ability to understand human emotions and actions a lot better than most. Meaning he's very good at understanding human behavior in general. He'd probably make a good psycologist.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 02:37   Link #32
KrimzonStriker

In a way I guess you could say he made his own Iris to compensate, if you stop to think about it anyway.
Old 2010-12-14, 13:59   Link #33
outerelf

By the way, does anyone know when other chapters are coming out, or is there no set schedule for this one?
Old 2010-12-14, 16:30   Link #34
Grey

This chapter made me curious about...that guy. Toru's friend. He sounded a bit sinister when he was talking about Toru at the end. I wonder what his Iris is.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 20:58   Link #35
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
By the way, does anyone know when other chapters are coming out, or is there no set schedule for this one?
I thought there was 10-15 chapters out, we're just behind because it only just started being translated in the last month or so.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 22:07   Link #36
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
This chapter made me curious about...that guy. Toru's friend. He sounded a bit sinister when he was talking about Toru at the end. I wonder what his Iris is.
well apparently Toru figured out what his iris was when he seems to be hiding it. Something like that seemed to really peak his interest in Toru.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 23:22   Link #37
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
There are two full tankobons (bound volumes) out, for a total of 9 chapters. The third bound volume will be hitting the shelves come January.
Old 2010-12-15, 06:25   Link #38
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I took a sneak peak at vol 2 though I'm not sure on it

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-15, 12:37   Link #39
outerelf

M'kay! Thanks for the info! I might go searching for raws just to see what will happen later.
Old 2010-12-15, 16:01   Link #40
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

<Spoiler snipped; if you really want to read it, it's been quoted. It's substantial, so read it at your own risk.>

EDIT: Pfft, the omake's actually pretty good. Please note that the so-called "previews" in the last two pages are jokes (there's a note on the last page that says that). The "preview" had things like "The Curry Faction VS The Gyudon Faction!!", Yuki's weight troubles, and... Koyuki suddenly snapping and being totally cruel to Toru (final panel: "Hey, you NEET. You're standing out too much.").

Last edited by Claies; 2010-12-16 at 00:09.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen