AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-09, 21:04   Link #1
amjzz

Comedy anime?.

Any recomendations of animes of the comedy genre?. Dont need to have a plot...

Im looking animes like...

Ichigo mashimaro.
Sketchbook full collors.
Aria.
School rumble.
Minami-ke.
Minami-ke okawari.

I have see already:

Ichigo mashimaro.
Sketchbook full collors.
Aria.
School rumble.
Minami-ke.
Minami-ke okawari.
Full metal panic fumoffu.
Lucky star.
Clannad.
Lovely complex.
Special A.
Mahou sensei negima.
Galaxy angel.
Azumanga daioh.

And many other comedy animes that dont remember right now...

Also...i dont like gore/adult things.

Last edited by amjzz; 2008-08-09 at 21:16.
Old 2008-08-09, 21:39   Link #2
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Best comedy animes i've seen:

Seto no Hanayome
Honey & Clover
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Old 2008-08-09, 22:28   Link #3
Echoes

Looks like you prefer slice-of-life anime, unfortunately you've seen most of what I've seen in that department, so I'll try to dig up some comedy suggestions.

Chobits. Pretty funny and charming, original and lovely art and often heart-warming characters. I'm not sure what you mean by "adult", as I believe this is a seinen series, but there's no explicit sexual material or anything of that nature, if that's what you're referring to.

For pure comedy purposes, I'll strongly second Seto no Hanayome, it's simply spectacular. And speaking of spectacular, you might want to give Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) a try. It's about a bad-ass who becomes a teacher and decides to change the way education is done. It's a classic you won't want to miss.
Old 2008-08-09, 22:33   Link #4
amjzz

With adult i mean....eh...well....adult situations/adult plots...with content for adults......

Oh and dont need to be slice of life or no action, it CAN have action/romance/etc...but must have comedy as the central genre.
Old 2008-08-09, 23:10   Link #5
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Thirding Seto no Hanayome and seconding Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!.
The Full Metal Panic! series spans three seasons, the first and second of which are also action/romance, though comedy is a focus throughout, with the second season (Fumoffu!) being one of the best comedies I know of.

Shaft is always a nice way to go if you're looking for comedy:
Pani Poni Dash! and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei are two crack comedy series, whereas Hidamari Sketch is a slice-of-life series.

None of these really have serious adult situations, though Seto no Hanayome might have some mature comedic situations...
Old 2008-08-09, 23:29   Link #6
Zippicus

Ouran High School Host Club might be something you would like, it fits in well with the other stuff you have listed.
Old 2008-08-10, 01:13   Link #7
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Best comedy animes i've seen:

Seto no Hanayome
Honey & Clover
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
I wont really advice seto no hanayome it has a good plot but they made the humor exagerated that ruined the essence of the whole anime for me

edit: gto is good and zero no tsukaima
Old 2008-08-10, 01:45   Link #8
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
I wont really advice seto no hanayome it has a good plot but they made the humor exagerated that ruined the essence of the whole anime for me
Hmmm the essense of Seto no Hanayome is comedy... good plot + epic lol = gg comedy anime
Old 2008-08-10, 08:18   Link #9
amjzz

Funny thing is that i have already watched most of the recomendations already....but there are some titles in the recomendations that still haven't watched...
Old 2008-08-10, 08:22   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
With adult i mean....eh...well....adult situations/adult plots...with content for adults......

Oh and dont need to be slice of life or no action, it CAN have action/romance/etc...but must have comedy as the central genre.
EXCEL SAGA!

and trigun, though it gets depressive in the end ep 1 was epic
Old 2008-08-10, 13:23   Link #11
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Hayate no gotoku! Here's the wiki summary:
Hayate Ayasaki is an unlucky teenager who worked since childhood to make ends meet due to his parents' irresponsible behavior. One day he finds out that his parents ran away from home, leaving behind a massive gambling debt on his shoulders. While running away from the debt collectors, he ends up meeting Nagi Sanzen'in, a young girl who is the sole heir of the wealthy Sanzen'in estate, and due to a misunderstanding, Nagi ends up falling in love with Hayate. After he rescues Nagi from some kidnappers, she hires Hayate as her new butler.

Aside from performing his ordinary duties as a butler, Hayate must fight to protect Nagi from harm, a difficult task as her life is always in danger because she is the target of other individuals coveting her family's fortune, and sometimes deal with some extravagant requests from her, oblivious to Nagi's true feelings for him.

The show makes a ton of references to other anime and manga, and it's 51 episodes. I hope that helps
Old 2008-08-11, 05:36   Link #12
9mmx19

Yakitate!! Japan isnt strictly a comedy series but has plenty. Complete lack of adult/gore too.
Closed Thread