AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 17:30   Link #4801
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Lelouch and CC are more like Watanuki and Yuko from XXXholic.

I've always perceived their relationship as one where she's somewhat of his surrogate mother or spiritual guide.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 11:41   Link #4802
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

I've always perceived their relationship as one where she's somewhat of his surrogate mother or spiritual guide.
The whole relationship thing with Lelouch is hard to determine at times. I think he defenitely cares for all 3 girls (Shirley, Kallen, and C.C.). A lot of it is ambiguous though and he has shown an attraction to all of them. However this may not always be romance as Lelouch has a very sympathetic nature and I think sometimes people use that as some decleration of love.

As for the C.C. relationship, I think of it more as a partnership/deep friendship/trusting kind of relationship other than a romantic one. He is sometimes caught in romantic positions with her, as part of the shows comedy, but there are few serious undertones of a possible love relationship. They do undoubtfully care for each other, but I wouldn't put it as far as romantic love.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 12:25   Link #4803
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

Oh lol, it always did strike me at this kind of relationship as well. Even Clamp's pictures of them are similar to Yuuko and Watanuki's ones.

I wonder if it's the fact Yuuko looks older than Watanuki which stop people from shipping them. When you think that ironically, C.C. is meant to be way older.

Anyway yeah, definitely this kind of relationship. C.C. could have been as awesome as Yuuko, had they choose to give her more to do than eating pizza.
If there is a new CG, whatever it is, they'd better work on a better BG for the girl, it was so wasted. Tchhh.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 21:58   Link #4804
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I wonder at the end of R2, if C.C is a fugitive?
One would certainly think that she is the Evil Lelouch's right-hand "man". Unlike Orange who is just a soldier following orders. And there's still Brittania's curiosity in her immortality and now the powers of Geass.

It would seem strange that she would live out life in the countryside once again.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 05:22   Link #4805
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
C.C. should still remain a fugitive for the crime of spreading more STDs than anyone else in the Code Geass world. She was a total whore back in the 17th century.
Yep, women who have a lot of sex (and even that is actually just speculation in C.C.'s case) are whores and should be burned.
Having said that... not really funny, sorry. Or was that an earnest attempt at trolling?
Old 2010-04-05, 06:27   Link #4806
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

I've not followed the discussion, I'm just summarizing my view of CC.

Before watching Code Geass, yet being basically aware of what happens: Wow, CC is the best, I'm almost as obsessed with her as Mao was. My Mysterious Waif fetish doesn't help, either!

After watching Geass: Hmm...I...somehow ended up liking Anya better for some reason. I still like the whole "mysterious girl gives a boy magical powers" thing though.

Now: I'm starting to warm up to her again. Perhaps not to the extent I felt before watching Geass, but I can appreciate her role more readily now, despite other females stealing her thunder.

Also, to weigh in on the STD thing, since even if he's a troll there are people who honestly think that way:

People make much of how apparently 35 percent of females have STDs, but you gotta figure that there were men who gave it to them. And in some cases, not even that. Unlike men, women actually have to make full use of the "facilities" in public.

That said, you don't have to be religious or even conservative to know that precisely because of STDs, and unwanted pregnancy, can result from sex, and that there is no sure way except abstinence, because even birth control is not infallible. While it's a bit much to call a woman a "slut" just because she's ever had sex at all, and it is misogynistic to ever view a woman as "used goods," we need to bear in mind that perhaps we all (men and women) need to be having less sex, not more.

Personally, I think that purity is more a matter of the heart rather than of the body anyway. There can be pure hearted women who have sex, and impure "virgins."

Last edited by Cephei Mordred; 2010-04-05 at 06:38.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 07:56   Link #4807
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Ah, yes, C.C. is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
That said, you don't have to be religious or even conservative to know that precisely because of STDs, and unwanted pregnancy, can result from sex, and that there is no sure way except abstinence, because even birth control is not infallible.
If you make use of both a condom and the pill, and do it correctly, it's very unlikely that something goes wrong. Even if it's just a condom, chances are you will not get get pregnant; and especially if it's not a random one night stand and you know that your partner is usually very careful themselves, it's unlikely that you will get infected with anything even if the condom tears somehow.
There are also emergency contraception pills.
In C.C.'s case, these things were not available back then, of course, but I highly doubt the staff gave the issue much thought - especially since it was never even explicitly said that she had sex with all those men who fell for her.

Quote:
While it's a bit much to call a woman a "slut" just because she's ever had sex at all, and it is misogynistic to ever view a woman as "used goods," we need to bear in mind that perhaps we all (men and women) need to be having less sex, not more.
In addition to the things mentioned above, not all "heavy" sexual activities involve penetration.

Quote:
Personally, I think that purity is more a matter of the heart rather than of the body anyway. There can be pure hearted women who have sex, and impure "virgins."
What is "pure hearted" to you? And why are you only talking about women there?
Old 2010-04-05, 08:06   Link #4808
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

C.C. is awesome... Especially if you count how much pizza she eats without gaining weight. NOW that is something to be envious about.

Cephei was stating an opinion that was linked to C.C.. She probably had alot of intercourse through her long life... She was happy once, once. What is wrong trying to be happy again?

C.C. isn't a slut, or a whore. Or anything chauvanistic sadists can conjure from their black abysmal.

C.C. isn't perfect, but she is a character and she is pretty cool. Y'know... I have to say Dr. casey said that only to have us rampage with posts and responses. It's very possible that was a taunt to rile us up, or worse -- divide us. So let's join hands and...

reenact the Saitama-ghetto-geneva-convention-Cornelia-evil-and-national-policy argument from generic discussion... but C.C. edition! yay for C.C. edition!

....Yeah, let's not and say we could, but decided against it. I'd love to lower my intelligence yet again, but I might become a vegetable this time. </3
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:11   Link #4809
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Cephei was stating an opinion that was linked to C.C..
Actually, the statement that made me go into discussion mode there was mostly the one that perhaps we all should have less sex, but I agree with pretty much all the other points in your post.
Old 2010-04-05, 08:30   Link #4810
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Arbitres, have you ever considered becoming a moderator? So, you know, you can actually do something about it when people post things you don't like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
What is "pure hearted" to you? And why are you only talking about women there?
I'm only talking about women because obviously I'm a chauvinist bastard who believes that women have a duty to be to the liking of a man's every whim, after all if I'm a man, it means that I feel like I must have power over all the women in my life.

That's sarcasm, of course.

But, a charitable way to interpret my words could be that I was talking about women because the subject at hand was about how a woman's daliances are treated.

As for your decision to go into discussion mode, in response to my statement that people should be having less sex, well I don't want to risk ruining my life with an incurable disease or having to 'step up' and take care of a child whether I want to or not just because birth control is not infallible. "Unlikely" is not the same thing as "impossible."

So I deny the misogynist viewpoint that sex makes a woman a slut. However, I do believe that sex is more dangerous than people give credit for, and therefore perhaps it should not be so encouraged. And that goes for men as well as women.

I forgot to add...pure hearted is a hard thing to quantify. I suppose maintaining a sense of kindness and being free of all guile and manipulative tendencies would be a good start though.
Old 2010-04-05, 08:42   Link #4811
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
I'm only talking about women because obviously I'm a chauvinist bastard who believes that women have a duty to be to the liking of a man's every whim, after all if I'm a man, it means that I feel like I must have power over all the women in my life.

HA! Got you!
;P

Quote:
But, a charitable way to interpret my words could be that I was talking about women because the subject at hand was about how a woman's daliances are treated.
Well, I only asked because in-between you talked about both men and women, and then you went back to just talking about women. Doesn't have to mean anything, of course, but in the internet, you never know!

Quote:
As for your decision to go into discussion mode, in response to my statement that people should be having less sex, well I don't want to risk ruining my life with an incurable disease or having to 'step up' and take care of a child whether I want to or not just because birth control is not infallible. "Unlikely" is not the same thing as "impossible."
That's a personal decision, and certainly not an unreasonable one. However, for society as a whole, I think it would be enough if people actually tried to avoid digging their own grave, especially since there are sexual practicies with pretty much no risk at all.

Quote:
So I deny the misogynist viewpoint that sex makes a woman a slut. However, I do believe that sex is more dangerous than people give credit for, and therefore perhaps it should not be so encouraged. And that goes for men as well as women.
I agree with this, except that I don't think the problem is the sex, but the way how many people handle it. I never heard of someone who was truly consciouse of the risks and treated the issue with caution yet ended up with a ruined life, though it might happen.

Hum, but... back to C.C.? xD
Old 2010-04-05, 08:52   Link #4812
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I know someone close to me named Reon, he tells me being a Moderator isn't all it's cracked up to be. >_>;

C.C. isn't lacking in assets, and she is intelligent and capable. Calling her a whore, slut, etc etc *insert metaphor about black abysmal yet again*

Cephei was talking about women in a broad sense. Pure-heartedness could mean resolve and ideal, or it could mean an actual innocence. It wielding in soul rather then body. That is what I interpreted.

Drop it. This is a battle of perspective and you-say-what-I-drag-it-out discussion instead of a character discussion.

qi pro quo? Yeah, thought so. We do indeed have a misunderstanding. So let's drop it. C.C. discussion, not drop-discussion-ordinance-on-cephei discussion.

*twitch*
Old 2010-04-05, 08:58   Link #4813
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Drop it. This is a battle of perspective and you-say-what-I-drag-it-out discussion instead of a character discussion.
Uhm... I thought we already dropped it.

Anyway. Pizza.
C.C. should have her own Pizza Hut!
Old 2010-04-05, 09:06   Link #4814
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

She does... A all you can eat buffet of pizza, actually.

It's called CiCi's pizza. You haven't heard?... o_o
Old 2010-04-05, 09:13   Link #4815
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
She does... A all you can eat buffet of pizza, actually.

It's called CiCi's pizza. You haven't heard?... o_o
If I had, I'd have totally robbed it. xD

I wonder if she has a favourite kind of pizza. Probably not, as long as it's... well, pizza!
Old 2010-04-05, 09:22   Link #4816
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

I should eat at Pizza Hut more, simply because of CC. But lately I prefer Dominos.
Old 2010-04-05, 12:57   Link #4817
Dr. Casey

I wasn't trolling, just giving my honest opinion. All characters have their flaws, after all. Even Lelouch, who's easily the best character in Geass.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:05   Link #4818
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I wasn't trolling, just giving my honest opinion. All characters have their flaws, after all. Even Lelouch, who's easily the best character in Geass.
I see, but as I said, I really don't see how having lots of sex is a flaw. It's an anime - if the staff didn't say she infected people with anything, then she didn't. A bit of speaculation here and there is fine, but she wasn't even shown to have had penetrative sex.
What gets emphasized is that she wanted to be loved, not that she went around spreading diseases.
Old 2010-04-05, 14:34   Link #4819
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Well, since
1) C.C. was a grown up girl
2) Since her geass was to be loved
3) Since her memories aren't implying she was looking for tomodachi when being grown up

And since the creators said they intented to make her memories more erotic (I think it was about her and dozns of boys surrounding her (and I don't remember if they were ment to be naked or what), I think it's pretty safe to say C.C. had sex. And I don't see how she can be blamed for that.

And about the whole STD's issue...come on. It's crazy to imply she had them in the first place. You can blame C.C. for whatever stuff you want but something like that which is close to neverland...no :/
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:11   Link #4820
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
And about the whole STD's issue...come on. It's crazy to imply she had them in the first place. You can blame C.C. for whatever stuff you want but something like that which is close to neverland...no :/
What would an STD do to C.C. though really? I mean it would be a scenario like, "Oh damn, I got AIDS!" Because AIDS really kills immortal people. Worst case would be herpes maybe, it would be annoying to have breakouts of rashes for eternity. I'd see why she would want to die so bad if this was the case.