AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 18:42   Link #5901
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Mine would've shipped by now if paypal wasn't taking so long to process D:
Old 2011-01-11, 08:55   Link #5902
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Paypal took about three days for me... The payment got through yesterday and today I got the e-mail telling it has been shipped.

So it will be here around next week (Registered SAL Packet)? I'm hoping to get a compatible version of EP7 soon... But no worries as a certain fighting game is being shipped as well to spend my time while waiting.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:07   Link #5903
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Website says 3 to 6 weeks for Registered SAL... when did you get your shipment notification?

And I got my Ep8 in the mail today... took only 5 days... paying EMS ain't bad at all Although, yea.. gotta wait for compatible patch though haha.
Old 2011-01-11, 09:11   Link #5904
Jenq

Mine was a Registered SAL Packet and it was shipped on 6th or 7th and it arrived today. I live in Finland so I was really surprised how fast it got here. I ordered from ami ami and there wasn't any pre-order extra stuff, well they didn't promise anything like that so I don't really care, the game is most important of course.

Last edited by Jenq; 2011-01-11 at 12:02.
Jenq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:34   Link #5905
Marogareh

Anyone knows what happens if you are sending money via PayPal to amiami but it doesn't reach them until after the deadline for payment? On their site they are saying that the payment deadlines cannot be extended.
Marogareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:49   Link #5906
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenq View Post
Mine was a Registered SAL Packet and it was shipped on 6th or 7th and it arrived today. I live in Finland so I was really surprised how fast it got here. I ordered from ami ami and there wasn't any pre-order, but I don't really care about that, the game is most important of course.
Did you notice that I'm from Finland too?
I hope I'll get it as fast as you did, which would indeed mean in about a week. I did pre-order it though, hope it doesn't complicate things, I don't think it should, but who knows. Never pre-ordered anything from the internet before, but at least AmiAmi's system seemed easy enough.

To Vylen, I got the e-mail that said my order has been shipped today (about 5 hours ago). They might be exaggerating the time, if we believe Jenq's experience with it, so they wouldn't get blamed if it would indeed take that long. Though they should just say 1-6 weeks or something so people could get more hopeful. And I didn't use EMS because I don't get much more money than about 20€/a month, so I like to save. Did pay the small fee for registration though, just to be sure...

I was also scared about PayPal taking too long, as the transfer of money from bank account to the PayPal one took 3 days already. Seems like AmiAmi got my payment in about half that time, though (which might have also been affected by their holidays). I don't have much experience, but if they'll get your payment as fast as mine, you just need to have sent the money yesterday or something. They have 24 hours to get your payment right about now if the deadline is 12.1. at 23:59. I hope it turns out okay for you.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 10:19   Link #5907
Jenq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Did you notice that I'm from Finland too?
Yes I noticed, glad to see that there are other people who play Umineko in Finland

I hope that everyone gets their games as soon as possible. Good luck
Jenq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 10:47   Link #5908
Marogareh

I really appreciate your words, Bluemail. Too bad that apparently I screwed up something and Paypal won't accept my money so I'll have to cancel my order
Marogareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 11:03   Link #5909
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenq View Post
Mine was a Registered SAL Packet and it was shipped on 6th or 7th and it arrived today. I live in Finland so I was really surprised how fast it got here. I ordered from ami ami and there wasn't any pre-order, but I don't really care about that, the game is most important of course.
Grr... Mine was a Registered SAL Packet too, shipped on 7th, I live in the same country, and the packet is still in Tokyo.
Soooo sloooow, but that's what I was expecting.
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 11:37   Link #5910
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

I think it took two weeks for AmiAmi to ship me Episode 4 back in October 2009

I haven't gotten around to ordering EP8 and I should probably get on that.
Sir Andy Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:45   Link #5911
otakufan

Got my copy of EPVIII and Tsubasa today.

*is happy*
otakufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 19:11   Link #5912
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

I'm ordering EP8 and Ougon Musou from amiami aswell, though paypal will take like a week cuz i dont have a credit card attached. Need to wait cuz just for shits i decided to backorder a bakuman puzzle with em
Old 2011-01-11, 19:59   Link #5913
guro
I like ice cream.

Normally when I order from AmiAmi my stuff gets here quickly, but its still not here today. And this is like the one time I actually really want stuff to get here fast!
guro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:47   Link #5914
naikou
Slashy Slashy!

Just finished reading EP7. Tied with EP5 for my favorite episode! I think I'm one of the few people who's completely satisfied with the answers to Umineko.

Thanks again for your efforts, Witch Hunt! You better be around to translate all of Ryukishi's future VN's. Otherwise my death via boredom will be certain. The lives of countless witches depend on you!
naikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 07:37   Link #5915
ghost_zero5

Will the Ep5 to Ep7 for Ep8 compatibility patch contain a bit of Ep8 translated again (like in most of them where there was a so called Demo - except for Ep7 there it was actually quite a lot that was already translated there).

Btw. Tsubasa und Ep8 arrived today.

Btw.2 does the fighting game have any story. If so, is there anyone making a translation for that one?
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 07:46   Link #5916
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We always do a compatibility patch with some teaser along the way.
For the moment, chrono is quite busy with his job, so there isn't much update for the moment but it won't take long.

As a damn last reminder: yes, we are planning to translate both Tsubasa and Ougon, but -only- after Episode 8 is done or when our progress allow us to work on these 2.
Episode 8 is still our highest priority.
Old 2011-01-12, 08:29   Link #5917
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Please people take the time to at least read a couple of pages back before asking questions. Have some consideration for the ones who are translating the game(s) for you and give them at least some free time to themselves. Though you might mean well, again please take the time to look if your questions were answered before posting.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 10:11   Link #5918
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Btw.2 does the fighting game have any story. If so, is there anyone making a translation for that one?
Depends on the characters you pick. It's one of those typical arcade campaigns where each character (or in this case, each specific pair of characters) has their own story and conclusion that are irrelevant to the others within the game.

Recurring plot elements in the campaigns are loosely based on things that appear in EP3 and EP4 (Battler fighting Evatrice to get the gameboard back for him and Beato, Ange trying to save Battler from Beato so he can return to her, etc.). And some are just humorous in nature (Siesta 410 trying to find her stolen "super carrot", Beato getting her title as Game Master stolen and literally crying like a baby to Virgilia about it, etc.) and are really just for fun.

I kind of doubt that making a translation patch for that game will be as easy as the sound novels, though.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-01-12 at 10:53.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 14:14   Link #5919
ghost_zero5

That is why I asked. I looked back about 5 pages and though Tsubasa was there, I didn't see one for the game.

Not to mention that I didn't expect Witch-Hunt to also translate the game. For once, because it is probably not as "easy" as the sound novels. With easy meaning on "how to translate" not the translation.
Translation-wide the sound novels should be way more complicated.

That being said I want to thank Witch-Hunt for all their work regarding this.
Especially, since we are coming to an end to the Umineko saga - maybe there will be a new one sometime afterwards.

Btw. maybe information regarding that you are also planning to do Tsubasa and the game should be "added" to the first post.
Should make it easier to find...
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:52   Link #5920
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Gunna go and bring back up the AmiAmi convo from last page, I ordered EP8 and Ougon Musou from them and the email said they needed the money by the 19th, paypal however says it will clear my transaction on the 20th, should I send an email to amiami telling them to hold off another day?

Tags
translation