AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-24, 22:16   Link #41
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Oooookaaay... I know logic of any sort has no real place in Naruto, so I can't justify this on the grounds that Obito's right half was crushed, so the nerves on his intact left side maybe weren't functioning and he felt no pain, but did Rin perform that eye transfer without anaesthesia? That sucks even harder for Obito. And why didn't he have blood all over his face? This isn't making any sense.

So Gaiden is over. Thank Dog. The whole thing felt like Kishimoto was just trying to cram as much of Kakashi's back story as he could into a little space. The whole thing left a bad taste.

I'm not exactly looking forward to the continuation of Naruto, either, since I still haven't resigned myself to this stupid timeskip idea. *sigh*
Old 2004-12-24, 23:01   Link #42
Zek
Eyebrows...

Inane's translation was released. Their interpretation of what the 4th said about the kunai is different: "The mark on this kunai is a jutsu type that alerts me when it flies." Did they mess up or are the tags not really necessary for the 4th to teleport somewhere?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 01:05   Link #43
AnimeFangirl

No clue, I haven't read either the raw nor the scanslation and I'm not even going to try with this connection. But I'm amazed that Rin's team mate just got flattened like a bug and all she can think about are her feelings for Kakashi? Was there ever a worse time for a romantic confession?
Old 2004-12-25, 01:59   Link #44
Zek
Eyebrows...

In all fairness, she thinks Kakashi is about to get himself killed as well so obviously she's going to be a little worried. I think she showed an appropriate amount of concern for Obito, and she seemed pretty upset at the end of the chapter.
Old 2004-12-25, 02:37   Link #45
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

I must say, a great chapter... and my wish came true Kakashi chidoried the rock fag Also, can somebody tell me if this is the last chapter of the Gaiden because it seems like it but im not really sure and if it is will the next issue start from the 3 year time jump?
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 04:02   Link #46
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Eating dinner with my relatives for several hours was enough for me. ;_;

The Obito being alive theories may sound crazy, but after Lee's fast recovery & the sharingan transplant, I'm willing to believe anything in Naruto's world now. There is very little logic involved. I'm not too happy about the rushing of the gaiden or the timeskip either, but it's not horrible, & at least the story is progressing.

This is what the 4th said このくない術式はおれが時空間忍で飛び回るための目印なんだよ. I translate it as "This kunai's technique allows me to skip space through the space-time ninjutsu with these marks." 飛び回る can mean to fly, or to skip. The marks/signs are necessary for the jutsu to work, it's their purpose.

Since Kakashi was willing to die to protect Rin, & considering Obito died. I think it's possible Rin was thinking that she didn't want someone else she cared about to die for her. She didn't wanna lose both. Rin's sentence trailed off. She never outright confessed her feelings for Kakashi. She said 。。。なら!カカシ。。。私の気持ちだって。。。 Maybe when Kakashi said he'd die to protect her, she could've been trying to say something like "So it's ok for you to make that decision? What about my feelings? What if I don't want you to do that?" It's kinda vague.

The events in the gaiden definitely felt like it was crammed together, but I have to admit, the 2 pages where Obito threw Rin's hand away so she could grab Kakashi's hand was heartbreaking. Poor boy finally got to hold the hand of the girl most important to him, & then he has to hand her over to his rival.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 07:33   Link #47
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
I'm not too happy about the rushing of the gaiden or the timeskip either, but it's not horrible, & at least the story is progressing.
Share your thoughts on why you aren't happy with the timeskip?

Oh yeah, and also, I think what we got in the gaiden is enough. This was to be Kakashi's back story. Hell, the gaiden started at him already being a jounin so there isn't that much room for growth. To simply show how he got the third tomae and to show if Rin died and if she did, how he was affected would be too thorough of a back story. They focused on Obito and the sharingan, which is great in my opinion. No more, no less. I'm glad they didn't show what the 4th did to the 50 rock nins because the gaiden has nothing to do with him. Also, like someone mentioned earlier, it adds to the mystery of the 4th.

In reference on the time skip, I welcome it. I'm not trying to watch the antics of Naruto at the age he is now the whole time. This isn't that kind of story. There is no set plot like looking for the Philosopher's stone or anything like that. It's about a character, that's all. Maybe if they pinpointed on a direct storyline like Naruto searching for his parents or the 4th or something, that's different, but let's see how he evolves into whatever it is he's destined to evolve into.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 08:00   Link #48
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

weeee at last the gaiden is over!!! I enjoyed it....to be honest I thought it was going to drag on and become overkill, but the manga ppl did a good job IMO and ended it at the right time.

I did not like how someone can do an operation to swap eyes in seconds...but if you can believe that the 4th can do the space-time move...then anything is possible...but it pretty much makes tsunade look crap IMO, talk about making a super fast vital organ operation

I think the 4th was awesome...he impressed me alot this manga chapter , though I hope that naruto actually can inherit/be taught that space-time move it is a very kewl move .

Right....I hope we can see some of naruto's training with jiriya, if it is a pure 3 year timeskip that would really take the piss...I know everyone wants to get down to the nitty gritty and see some action between akatsuki and naruto or oro/sasuke and naruto...but I hope the transition does not make what he does like--> or I would rather like to see naruto work hard for his techiniques and see the process of how he gets them. (Though I do see the problem if he learns like 50 techniques because then it would take forever to show him learning them all...perhaps one or two high level techniques would be good...well lets see what happens...)
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:48   Link #49
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Well seeing as how the right eye was crushed and the left eye was taken out, I don't think there is much to study from.

Also I think you guys are digging too much into what Kakashi said. For all we know, the statement "all my loved ones are dead" might have been a dramatic exaggeration. However, I do think Rin is dead because we really haven't seen her at all. It's either there is some whole different/complicated story for her absense or she is dead. I would rather take the different/complicated story choice.
Some sort of falling-out, perhaps?

Inane's translation for the last page - "Part 2 is planned to resume" implies that the Gaiden may not be over...

The story of Kakashi and Rin?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:49   Link #50
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

I don't know AkatsukisApprentice...I would much rather see a cool Naruto come and be ultra flashy in front of a shocked Sakura to knock the Sasukeism out of her...but then again that will never happen
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:59   Link #51
wb_hicks

i just hope the only jutsu we see the 4th do is a hint of one of narutos new jutsu. im sure the 4th entrusted the scrolls with his jutsu to jaraiya. but this wait till the next chapter really is a time skip. i wonder who will be chuunin and juunin when naruto returns since he will still be a gennin. what got me thinking is naruto dream is to become hokage but from the looks of it each hokage has someone in mind to take there place and if they dont seem fit when the time comes they choose another (like with oro and the 4th) so since the 5th sees naruto as her sucessor. what kinda of twist will be added to his dream
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:06   Link #52
AnimeFangirl

Maybe there'll be a chapter or two showing Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura training under their respective masters. Part 2 doesn't mean an automatic time skip a la DBZ. (I loved that stuff... "We'll meet again in three years!" Turn the page and boom, 3 years are up! ) So long as they can give us a credible explanation for Akatsuki waiting 3 years to kidnap Naruto, I don't mind at all.
Old 2004-12-25, 15:19   Link #53
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
i just hope the only jutsu we see the 4th do is a hint of one of narutos new jutsu. im sure the 4th entrusted the scrolls with his jutsu to jaraiya. but this wait till the next chapter really is a time skip. i wonder who will be chuunin and juunin when naruto returns since he will still be a gennin. what got me thinking is naruto dream is to become hokage but from the looks of it each hokage has someone in mind to take there place and if they dont seem fit when the time comes they choose another (like with oro and the 4th) so since the 5th sees naruto as her sucessor. what kinda of twist will be added to his dream
What he needs is to develop his brain, so going to school and other similiar "boring" things. He's just an idiot beast now: even Kyuubi is smarter than him. He has two options:
a) learning to think before to act
b) go berserk and let the Kyuubi to manage all.

Super moves can come later: the Rasengan, the mastered Rasengan, the Red Rasengan, the Double Rasengan and so on can be achieved after he learns to think.
He just needs to use the Kyuubi battery inside him... it's better than Duracell
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:55   Link #54
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I know that a lot of you guys are excited to see some of the characters, especially Naruto and Sasuke 3 years later (myself included) but personally, I really can't wait to see Kakashi. The Gaiden got me pumped about Kakashi. It's possible he has done a lot of personal training during those three years. Combine that with the amount of missions that he has been going on because of the war...he could be many times more deadly than he is now. Heck, maybe he will even take out his dads weapon again.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 17:28   Link #55
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Hmm...*shrugs* Bit of a cheesy chapter. To be honest, it could've been left at the last one, the escape left to the imagination, and very little would've been lost.

Ah, well, onwards and upwards! The next chapter should be interesting, to say the very least!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 19:21   Link #56
strategos

Call me crazy over this things I have been thinking. here we go.
Did they ever found obito's body? It seems not. You know there an old saying, if you dont find the body it means it might still be alive. And the technique it was uses was called split earth.,. So am think this, I know is crazy, that Obito didnt die. he fall under a cave and survive. If some of you watch the first movie of Lord of the Rings we see that the mage falls and "die" then in part two we see him that he survives. So there might be a slim chance that Obito somehow survive that incident. Someone said once that Obito could be part of the Itachi group.
Dont know if someone posted this earlier or no. If you see the part when Obito was about to die. It seemes the floor is going down. well thats my theory.
what do you think
crazy huh?!!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 19:48   Link #57
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
Hmm...*shrugs* Bit of a cheesy chapter. To be honest, it could've been left at the last one, the escape left to the imagination, and very little would've been lost.

Ah, well, onwards and upwards! The next chapter should be interesting, to say the very least!
I'm pretty glad that they didn't leave it to our imagination because people here are just getting the most ridiculous ideas. Just look above this post
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 20:55   Link #58
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
I know that a lot of you guys are excited to see some of the characters, especially Naruto and Sasuke 3 years later (myself included) but personally, I really can't wait to see Kakashi. The Gaiden got me pumped about Kakashi. It's possible he has done a lot of personal training during those three years. Combine that with the amount of missions that he has been going on because of the war...he could be many times more deadly than he is now. Heck, maybe he will even take out his dads weapon again.
His dad's weapon was broken in half in this chapter...
Old 2004-12-25, 21:06   Link #59
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
I'm pretty glad that they didn't leave it to our imagination because people here are just getting the most ridiculous ideas. Just look above this post
hey it could happend you know. Naruto Universe, anything could happend.
maybe the guy we see at then WHEN Akatsuki talks. we see a guy with weird eyes.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 21:16   Link #60
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

strategos - for one thing there is no currently visible reason for Obito to be in Akatsuki. 2nd notice u said "a guy with weird EYES." Unless I'm very much mistaken, eyes is a plural. As long as you don't go Harry Potter on me and say hes got magical/artificial eyes, Obito wouldnt have eyes.

On the upcoming chapter, I seriously want Naruto to get rid of his clumsiness when HE IS FIGHTING. It is very annoying when the main character wins mostly by fluke.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote