Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-01, 09:40   Link #2001
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It wasn't best resolution of situation with service club being way it is, but now after finishing newest part translation I belive Hayato actualy wanted return favor to Hachiman by either giving him chance to get together with his former crush or use Orimoto to mend relationships Hikky (doesn't) have now.
Basically he wanted to boost his confidence, but making him go on a shitty date only to make a scene... well... wasn't exactly the best way.

Quote:
Problem is Hayama doesn't have same insight as Hachiman because if he had, he would give up,
Nah, Hikki would definitely think up of something more elegant. And not hurting the person he was supposed to cure in process.

Quote:
as there was nothing that could be done. Good boy Hayate driven by feeling of debt and guilt make wrong step and crossed line he shouldn't. Now he can feel even more indebted and guilty.
True that.

Quote:
I can actualy sympathise more with him than Hachiman who put himself into predicamment and is proud of it.
I'd say they deserve equal sympathy-- a failure knight who wants to mend everything but just doesn't know how and a wannabe Batman who thinks solving things by taking heat is the only way for him.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 09:47   Link #2002
iCK

Or hayato's real intention was to get hikigaya with orimoto so he could either have, yukino, yui, or haruno.

Because the person Hayato likes is "Yu-" It could be a first name or a last name he was trying to pronounce first
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 09:48   Link #2003
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Basically he wanted to boost his confidence, but making him go on a shitty date only to make a scene... well... wasn't exactly the best way.

Nah, Hikki would definitely think up of something more elegant. And not hurting the person he was supposed to cure in process.

True that.

I'd say they deserve equal sympathy-- a failure knight who wants to mend everything but just doesn't know how and a wannabe Batman who thinks solving things by taking heat is the only way for him.

Do you realy belive Hikky would be able rehabilite someone like himself? No Hikky can solve symptoms, but cause and thus he wouldn't be able heal anyone. He would realise it and wouldn't make things worse, that much is truth though.

Everything else you said is on spot and I can't disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Or hayato's real intention was to get hikigaya with orimoto so he could either have, yukino, yui, or haruno.

Because the person Hayato likes is "Yu-" It could be a first name or a last name he was trying to pronounce first
Nope. Even if he has crush on Yukino, acting in that manner would be out of character. Doing it because he is Failure knight in other hand work perfectly.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:50   Link #2004
Flunch

Quote:
Yeas Hachiman indeed seek for aknowledgement, he sought for friendship, nice girlfriend and happiness in general. If you don't think so it means you fall for lies he is telling everyone including himself.

And you can pitty only someone who you look down on, otherway it's called compassion. Well, it's not easy say which is thing Hayato express. It might be mix of both.
But Hikki strongly determines this Hayato lines as pitying. And even asking to stop
Spoiler:

But I can't say that Hayama is looking down on him, so what is it, I wonder?
Flunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:04   Link #2005
Tenzen12

Hachiman isn't exactly objective, when it come to relationship between himself and others. That said, I don't think his interpretation is wrong completely.
Old 2014-04-01, 11:22   Link #2006
femrilu

Let's toss all the theories away.
We ttly overlooked the most important part here.

The reason why Hayama invited 8man was to get closer to him. It's true boys love here guys!
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:26   Link #2007
csuree
The Most Hated™

This was a pretty complex chapter. It made me think about it real hard. Hayato was definitely trying to help him overcome his problems but it had backfired....so freaking big explosion in his face, it hurts.

His intentions were clear from the bitter smiles whenever Orimoto was poking Hikki. I think he was waiting for Hikki to say something or to do something but as this did not happen he made the arrangements and showed off with Hachiman's friends (2 Bishoujos who are pretty much close to him).

8man's feelings seem appropiate to me too as I would have felt disgraced in that situation as someone stood up for him when he was suppose to do it. His anger reached the point he could not keep it in and retorted to Hayato. The thing is now Hikki has 2 options:
- he either shuts himself in. (this is the most likely one)
-or his anger finally founding the surface will become more difficult to handle as he will now retort openly to anyone.

I understand both of their feelings, but really Hachiman is just running away and this was the first step in his rehab process. Now that Hayato knows his true feelings can decide to try and help him further or abandon him.
Well he will also has to deal with Yumiko as she saw him with 2 girls and maybe Hachiman (not sure she payed attention to him)

But they had a surprisingly understanding moment when they talked about their middle school "love life". Same or similar experiences brought them closer but only until the end of the evening.

Haruno showing off some "fangs" here, scares me a little. But she was right at the point where Yukinoshita has forced Hayama to enter instead of herself.

Surely Hikki is now angry, but what will this bring forward from his side, or from the other side? I think there is a wind of change in the air.

And what is with Isshiki? why is she just grabbing his sleeve and talks to him like that? Why does she concern herself with what is Hikki doing in his free time? She got the hots for him? or what?

Sorry for being too long with the post but this was a vexing end for this chapter.
Old 2014-04-01, 11:27   Link #2008
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by femrilu View Post

The reason why Hayama invited 8man was to get closer to him. It's true boys love here guys!

In that case Hachiman blowed up another chance
Old 2014-04-01, 11:29   Link #2009
Heat066

Well, after this chapter I can say with confidence Haruno is the friggin Devil, just reading her lines gave me the chills...and this:

Haruno: “People who can do everything flawlessly just aren’t interesting at all, right?”

So from this alone it's obvious Hayato was her guinea pig in the past, and that incident from the past was surely caused by her..

The most scary thing is..maybe she wants to repeat this with Hikigaya..*shivers*
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:37   Link #2010
Flunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Well, after this chapter I can say with confidence Haruno is the friggin Devil, just reading her lines gave me the chills...and this:

Haruno: “People who can do everything flawlessly just aren’t interesting at all, right?”

So from this alone it's obvious Hayato was her guinea pig in the past, and that incident from the past was surely caused by her..

The most scary thing is..maybe she wants to repeat this with Hikigaya..*shivers*
Not to mention, the one who is perfectly fit for that expression is Haruno. Isn't she aware of that, or maybe it's a hint that she has some flaws, that one making me doubted
Old 2014-04-01, 11:45   Link #2011
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunch View Post
Not to mention, the one who is perfectly fit for that expression is Haruno. Isn't she aware of that, or maybe it's a hint that she has some flaws, that one making me doubted
Maybe she's aware of her flaws but she's just as sly at hiding them, because of this she might be so interested in Hikigaya even more so than Hayato, maybe she isn't so above Yukino after all.

And my god, that last conversation between 8man and Hayato, those two are practically the same, they understand each other even more so than Yukino and 8man, I can really picture them as best friends in the future and this:

Hayato: “You need to really understand your own worth…."

If this isn't respect I don't know what it is.
Old 2014-04-01, 12:09   Link #2012
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post

1. He said that he didn't like anyone for real. I interpret it as he confessed to someone without meaning it. Most probably to Yukino.
2. He also said he wants to fix things. I think he means fixing things with Yukino, though just to be friends again, since she's a lost cause for him.
3. I also posted some time ago about him probably being convinced or manipulated by Haruno to make that date.

So, basically, I think he really just wants to fix the relationships. If you add his lines about wanting everyone to know Hikki is better than he is,

it's also a case of fixing Hikki.

Quote:
Do you realy belive Hikky would be able rehabilite someone like himself?
Why not? Ain't that easy, true, but possible.

Quote:
But Hikki strongly determines this Hayato lines as pitying. And even asking to stop
It's not just the case of pitying him. It's also the case Hikki not wanting to change(i.e. stopping making social suicide solutions). Hikki himself says

it, in both v1c4 and here, that it's his role and his only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femrilu View Post

Well... There are at least a half hundred pics on Pixiv that prove you right, and let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Hayato was definitely trying to help him overcome his problems but it had backfired....so freaking big explosion in his face, it

hurts.
Because that's certainly NOT the way you cure someone's psychological problems.

Quote:
His intentions were clear from the bitter smiles whenever Orimoto was poking Hikki. I think he was waiting for Hikki to say something or to do

something but as this did not happen he made the arrangements and showed off with Hachiman's friends (2 Bishoujos who are pretty much close to him).
Not really, he called them in advance.

Quote:
8man's feelings seem appropiate to me too as I would have felt disgraced in that situation as someone stood up for him when he was suppose to do

it. His anger reached the point he could not keep it in and retorted to Hayato.
I think it's a more obvious kind of anger. The "what the hell was that scene for? I feel used" anger.

Quote:
I understand both of their feelings, but really Hachiman is just running away and this was the first step in his rehab process.
True. Though that was quite a crappy step.

Quote:
Well he will also has to deal with Yumiko as she saw him with 2 girls and maybe Hachiman (not sure she payed attention to him)
Compared to what he has done, this one's reeeeally easy.

Quote:
But they had a surprisingly understanding moment when they talked about their middle school "love life". Same or similar experiences brought them

closer but only until the end of the evening.
I thought it was more like "holy crap man, your middle school was hell!"

Quote:
Haruno showing off some "fangs" here, scares me a little.
I personally was "scared a little" when she poked her nose into Hikki and Yukino's "date". Or spilled on Yukino's family situation. Or threatened Yui

for supposed adultery with Hikki. Or trolled Sagami into sabotaging the organization committee.

Now I'm scared full-on.

I mean, outright pushing Yukino's buttons on competitiveness, insecurity and fear of mother? While symoblically strangling? And then saying to Hikki

"things that shrink in fear are cute"? Seriously?!

Quote:
But she was right at the point where Yukinoshita has forced Hayama to enter instead of herself.
What's right in that? it's not anyone's obligation to run for candidacy themselves when they can promote someone else. Promoting is also hard work, you

know. It was pure trolling on Haruno's part.

[quote]And what is with Isshiki? why is she just grabbing his sleeve and talks to him like that? Why does she concern herself with what is Hikki doing

in his free time? She got the hots for him? or what? [/quite]

There are girls who are flirty and touchy-feely with (almost) everyone. It's not much of a big deal. At least, when you're not in high school anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post

Everyone is her guinea pig. Remember what I told about personal soap opera?

Quote:
Not to mention, the one who is perfectly fit for that expression is Haruno. Isn't she aware of that, or maybe it's a hint that she

has some flaws, that one making me doubted
Yes, I definitely hope Hikki will find a key to her and steamroll her into the ground. Maybe it won't solve any problems, but will be sooo satisfying.
Old 2014-04-01, 12:15   Link #2013
anonfr

Does anyone else think Hayama wearing a bolo tie makes him seem like more of a douche?

I mean, a Bolo tie? I can't remember the last time that was a cool thing to wear. Unless you're trying to be ironic, or you're one of those people that tack on little idiosyncrasies to make yourself more interesting.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 12:43   Link #2014
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Does anyone else think Hayama wearing a bolo tie makes him seem like more of a douche?

I mean, a Bolo tie? I can't remember the last time that was a cool thing to wear. Unless you're trying to be ironic, or you're one of those people that tack on little idiosyncrasies to make yourself more interesting.
That's.... quite a farfetched conclusion.
Old 2014-04-01, 13:00   Link #2015
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post

And what is with Isshiki? why is she just grabbing his sleeve and talks to him like that? Why does she concern herself with what is Hikki doing in his free time? She got the hots for him? or what?
The thing with her is not for Hikki but for Hayato, because just like Miura, seeing him with other women is a red alert for her, so she approached Hikki to know wth was going on, even Hikigaya said she would make him spill the beans the next time they meet.
Old 2014-04-01, 13:05   Link #2016
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
That's.... quite a farfetched conclusion.
Be that as it may, when was the last time you saw a "popular" guy wearing a bolo tie ?

Too add to that, when was the last time you saw one wearing a bolo tie that wasn't a douche?

Seriously. It bothers me.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 13:39   Link #2017
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

So far the 8th volume is very good. Plenty of character insight especially in the 5th chapter.
Iroha seems an interesting character. What Hayato said :

Spoiler:

seems to be a bit similar to Ami from Toradora in that regard and that's always a plus. I hope that she later on gains more depth to her character like Bakachi did.

There is an interesting development with Hayato. His judgement with this botched attempt to help Hachiman was purely emotional and not a rational weighting of available options (where the possible bad consequences for him were considered and accepted in the end) like in the case of the latter. I don't think it is only related to Hayato's need to help out from pity, but to his own past and failures to do so in similar cases that he still caries as baggage. In the end, one of the reasons why he acted like that, he wanted to appease his guilty conscience.

Also a big part of the Hachiman's reaction wasn't just that he felt humiliated by Hayato's meddlesome actions and his lack of understanding how he already dealt with the matter, but also how both Yui and Yukino saw him there.

Spoiler:

I don't think he would be so angry if Hayato said something like that and those two weren't present. Most likely, he would just go into quiet resentment mode and keep most of what he felt for himself. This shows the difference between his actions in cases when he doesn't really care about someone anymore (like Orimoto) and when he does (Yui and Yukino). I hope he'll realize it between his self sacrificing sprees. But that is what future volumes are for.

An another interesting insight is Haruno and her relationship with Yukino. I don't think it is just sister's rivalry generated by the Yukinoshita family. In this case, she acted like a more evil Hachiman (well, we could make an comparison to Hikki's talk on the rooftop during the festival where he went into full on BFG 9000 mode). My impression is that she plays the villain here, to push Yukino into breaking out of the habit of following her footsteps and reach for what she really wants. Maybe she finds her passivity grating, because she is reminded of her own (with the family's social obligations being shoved onto her). In that light we could read the lines:

Spoiler:

Anyway, the plot thickens. Looking forward to the next chapters.

Last edited by lijenstina; 2014-04-01 at 22:15. Reason: too many "that" i cannot stand it
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 14:00   Link #2018
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'm gonna repeat myself, Haruno gives off this malevolant aura, almost Hannibal Lecter-ish, it's the way she knows all the right buttons to touch on someone to manipulate them that creeps me out, and to top it of, there's that supposed sly smile and cheeky tone she uses while doing it.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 14:13   Link #2019
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Be that as it may, when was the last time you saw a "popular" guy wearing a bolo tie ?

Too add to that, when was the last time you saw one wearing a bolo tie that wasn't a douche?

Seriously. It bothers me.
Well, I'll tell you one horrible secret. Here in exUSSR no one ever wore bolo tie period, douche or not. Pretty much the same goes for Japan. In fact, name any other country besides USA where people even know what bolo tie is.

So, in fact, Hayato's wearing quite an uncommon accessory. Maybe with some history behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
So far the 8th volume is very good. Plenty of character insight especially in the 5th chapter.
Iroha seems an interesting character. What Hayato said :

Spoiler:

seems to be a bit similar to Ami from Toradora in that regard and that's always a plus. I hope that she later on gains more depth to her character like Bakachi did.
Volume 9 preview stated she's the the president now and gives the Service club a new case. So yeah, quite possible.
Old 2014-04-01, 14:30   Link #2020
Flunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I'm gonna repeat myself, Haruno gives off this malevolant aura, almost Hannibal Lecter-ish, it's the way she knows all the right buttons to touch on someone to manipulate them that creeps me out, and to top it of, there's that supposed sly smile and cheeky tone she uses while doing it.
IMO she just seeking for someone, who could be able to find and push her own button. The way she points out 8man's skills in looking behind ppls words and masks, even if it doesn't look like a proper prise, making me think that she maybe expecting something from him. Maybe she expected something from Hayato back in the past, and smth happened so that she is seeking for another guinea

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck