AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-16, 07:51   Link #1
Last of the Uchiha

[Manga] Chapter 243 Discussion

This is the coolest chapter ever. Not only did we saw Kakashi and Obito working together (that was kick ass) but the moment that everyone has been waiting for, Obito dies an grusome death. When i mean a grusome death, I mean a grusome death. I will only say this, there is no extra sharingan, only one due to the circumstances. Rin was the famous person who did the operation by tranfering Obito's sharingan to Kakashi's eyesocked. This chapter also open new speculation on the sharingan. Obito was able to see through Rin in a similar way to the Byakugan. Not the inner coils but the whole body as chakra and last but not the least, Kakashi willl be the one who will evolve the sharingan since Obito died to early to further developed, so does that make Kakahsi the third misterious mangekyou sharingan user, although unlikely since Itachi said that Kakashi doesn't have the Uchiha body nor is blood to resist his mangekyou sharingan.

Thistarnslated by Hisshouburaiken

Page 1: Title: Present
Sidebar: The world before my eyes is one of despair, but the world I feel at my back is one of hope. The unforgettable life of boys on the battlefield.

Page 2: Dillema! Obito's awakening!
Kakashi: Obito, those eyes...
Obito: Yeah...looks like this is Sharingan. I can see the movement and flow of chakra with my eyes.

Kakashi: Guh!
Obito: Kakashi! Are you all right? (blocked-out speech bubble)
Kakashi: Yeah...looks like my left eye's shot.

Page 3:
Kakashi: I'll use Rin's medical pack and apply some first-aid. Now let's go save her!
Obito: Yes sir!

Ugly stone-nin: You're more stubborn than I thought...

Page 4:
Ugly stone-nin: Man, you're all such slobs.

Page 5:
Obito: Sharingan!

Obito: The flow of Rin's chakra is pretty unstable. It's different from ours.
Kakashi: She's probably trapped in some kind of Genjutsu. He must be trying to extract information from her.

Ugly stone-nin: Hmph. I see you two aren't just ordinary kids.

Kakashi: We already took down one. We have to end this quickly!
Obito: Roger!

Page 6: (Wheeee!)

Page 7:
Ugly stone-nin: Die!

Page 8: (Sweeet.)

Page 9:
Kakashi: Release!
Rin: Kakashi...Obito...
Obito: We came to save you, Rin! It's ok now!
Kakashi: Ok, quickly, let's get out of here!

Ugly Stone-nin: I see...that was a nice combination. But now, you've played right into my hands.

Page 10:
Ugly stone-nin! Doton! Iwayado kuzushi! (Earth element! Cave-in crusher!)

Kakashi: This is bad!

Kakashi: Make a break for the exit!

Page 11:
Kakashi: Kuh...The blind spot on my left...
Rin: Kakashi!
Obito: Ugh!

Page 12:
Ugly stone-nin: You're a troublesome bunch of informants, but I can't let you go.

Obito: You ok...? Kakashi...Rin...?

Page 13:
OBITO!

Kakashi: Shit!
Obito: Kakashi...enough...
It looks like this is it for me...
My right side's crushed...I can't feel anything (some of this is cut off)

Page 14:
Rin: This...can't be...why...
Obito: Ghack!
Rin: Obito!
Kakashi: God damnit!

Kakashi: I...just like you said, I came with you to save Rin...This shouldn't have happened! (cut-off)

Page 15:
Kakashi: I'm no captain! I'm no Jounin!
Obito: Heh...oh yeah..I forgot...

Obito: I was the only one...who didn't give you a present for being promoted...Sorry about that, Kakashi...

Obito: I couldn't think of anything to get you...I think I have an idea now...

Obito: You can relax...it's not something worthless...or excess baggage...

Page 16:
Obito: I'll...give you my Sharingan.

Obito: The villagers...no matter what they say...you're an excellent jounin...

Obito: That's how I feel...please take it...

Page 17:
Obito: Rin, you're a medic ninja...Please, take my left eye and transplant it to Kakashi...
Rin: Kakashi, come here! I need to start this right away!
Obito: I'm already dying...
But from now on, you can see with my eye.

Page 18: (SFX: Kaboom)
Text: To change despair into hope...!

(whoops! I missed) Page 19:
Ugly stone-nin: Hm, I was sloppy. Still alive, eh?

Ugly stone-nin: Ha, you're just a punk kid after all...A true shinobi doesn't cry. Come, crybaby! I'll beat the crap out of you.

Text: At the end of their boyhood days, the two become one.

--FIN

Last edited by Last of the Uchiha; 2004-12-16 at 08:09.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 08:11   Link #2
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Well, how many dots does Kakashi have now? I thought he only had two. But anyway, I can't wait to see Obito's death. And it seem like by the word "Fin," the gaiden is over. Is that correct?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 08:14   Link #3
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
Well, how many dots does Kakashi have now? I thought he only had two. But anyway, I can't wait to see Obito's death.

Kakashi has three tomoe in the present.
Old 2004-12-16, 08:36   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Yeah, but at the end of the chapter he still has only 2. I guess he must have trained the eye himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Thistarnslated by Hisshouburaiken
Page 14:
Rin: This...can't be...why...
Obito: Ghack!
Rin: Obito!
Kakashi: God damnit!

Kakashi: I...just like you said, I came with you to save Rin...This shouldn't have happened! (cut-off)
What Kakashi actually says is: "If I'd listened to you from the start and come with you to save Rin, this wouldn't have happened!" I don't see what difference it would have made whether he'd come earlier or later, but since he's sooooo anxious to find something to blame himself over for the next couple of years...

EDIT: For the record, I thought this was a pretty awful chapter.
Old 2004-12-16, 08:40   Link #5
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Yeah, but at the end of the chapter he still has only 2. I guess he must have trained the eye himself.

What Kakashi actually says is that "If I'd listened to you from the start and come with you to save Rin, this wouldn't have happened!" I don't see what difference it would have made whether he'd come earlier or later, but since he's sooooo anxious to find something to blame himself over for the next couple of years...

True. It was an inevitatable tragic death that was bound to happen, no matter what.

I mean Kakashi has a lot of things to blame himself for. Not only did he failed his mission, (which Yondaime will take care of it by himself) but he lost his companion too in the process.
Old 2004-12-16, 08:46   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

Well, blaming himself a bit is one thing. Beating himself up for the next 12, 13 years, visiting a grave every day, adopting all of Obito's mannerisms, isn't that a bit much? I mean, they only started being friends that morning, it's not like they were twin brothers or something. Geez!

GAAAAAAAH, I'm so pissed Look, Obito just got a sharingan eye that is purposely supposed to help him avoid incidents like this, but all he can do is jump RIGHT UNDER THE ROCK AND STAND THERE LIKE A MORON AND GET SQUASHED!!!! If you have time to throw Kakashi away, you have time to jump away with him. What sort of stupid way of dying is that?

Oh wait, oh wait, it gets worse than that! You know how everyone's been predicting that Obito would give his eye to Kakashi as a present? I alone was hoping against hope that Kishimoto would actually surprise us and bring something new out, but noooooo... Grrr, grrrrr....
Old 2004-12-16, 09:03   Link #7
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
OMG cant wait to read it
it sounds sooo sad
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 09:21   Link #8
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Obito, just Obito damnit how how!!!

Btw stop the Kakashi is the 3rd mangekyou user shit. He developed the 3rd me thinks. But that also uses all of his chakra.
Old 2004-12-16, 09:33   Link #9
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Well, blaming himself a bit is one thing. Beating himself up for the next 12, 13 years, visiting a grave every day, adopting all of Obito's mannerisms, isn't that a bit much? I mean, they only started being friends that morning, it's not like they were twin brothers or something. Geez!

GAAAAAAAH, I'm so pissed Look, Obito just got a sharingan eye that is purposely supposed to help him avoid incidents like this, but all he can do is jump RIGHT UNDER THE ROCK AND STAND THERE LIKE A MORON AND GET SQUASHED!!!! If you have time to throw Kakashi away, you have time to jump away with him. What sort of stupid way of dying is that?

Oh wait, oh wait, it gets worse than that! You know how everyone's been predicting that Obito would give his eye to Kakashi as a present? I alone was hoping against hope that Kishimoto would actually surprise us and bring something new out, but noooooo... Grrr, grrrrr....
Ugh, I agree. I was really liking the gaiden too. But after this chapter, I can't wait to see how Naruto is doing. This was so predictable! & Kakashi calling him his best friend? Please! They only started to get along recently.

I can't believe Rin can perform such a difficult transplant. It's obvious she's a good medic-nin, however, she's not even transplanting a normal eye, she's transplanting a Sharingan. All sorts of stuff could've resulted, such as Kakashi's body rejecting it, etc.

Man, this really is like what everyone's been saying. Now we'll see Rin take Yondaime's kunai poke some holes here & there & boom. There's the surgery.

& now there's the whole thing with the third tear. I guess Kakashi really did develop it himself.

Quote:
Text: At the end of their boyhood days, the two become one.
This makes it sound like they got married or something. Now that we've all been shown what happened. I don't get how Kakashi mopes about this for over a decade. Their ninjas in the middle of war. Their friends dying during a mission is something to be expected. I get it, if he mourns for a few years, but Kakashi seems practically obsessed with the tragedy. & he's normally pretty laid back.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 09:35   Link #10
LeafNinja

Predicatable present for Kakashi but was still brutal to see poor Obito go out like that. For those who complain about this possibly not fitting into the timeline, it can still work, just depends upon when the Third would break it to Orochimaru that he is not going to be picked for the Fourth position. It is possible by the time Yondaime's team makes it back to Konoha, Orochimaru will have already fled. That or even while back IN Konoha for a few days Orochimaru never comes out of the lab to see Kakashi.

Since Kakashi still only has the two tomoe Sharingan this may fuel some more speculation that Kakashi willingly was hit by the Mangekyou so he could advance his own Sharingan. Since it looks like Kakashi is able to still develop the Sharingan even not being a natural user, is just harder for his body to use it. Meaning since he was not a genetic user, that experiencing it was a way for the eye to learn it. I say this mainly because it seemed like Kakashi too easily let himself be hit by the Tsukiyomi.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 10:17   Link #11
maus

heck, that's one lousy way to die
maus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 10:53   Link #12
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Ok, I just skimmed through the chapter. Rin does the surgery in like 2 seconds? @_@ What the HELL is that about? This is getting ridiculous. I'm really shocked. She does it right in the middle of them being pursued.

Is that Stone-nin an idiot or what? He just sits there drinking water, thinking he's killed them? Wouldn't he at least have the brains to feel their presence, or to check if their dead or not? He's pretty arrogant & sloppy to just take a break.

Looks like Kakashi's going to pulverize this guy. No one can beat a crying Kakashi!
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 11:17   Link #13
Satoru

I think Kakashi is gonna shred that guy with the chidori. At least he can predict his movements now.
Old 2004-12-16, 11:39   Link #14
LeafNinja

It's not clear how much time passed from the moment the Stone-nin drops the cave in until the time Kakashi reappears. Look at it this way, if no one attacks you after a such a move, he probably just safely assumed they were dead. And if it took Rin 20-30 minutes for the surgery, then the Stone-nin probably took the opportunity to rest thinking they were dead.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 11:39   Link #15
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Damn, Obito bites it hard. What a way to go. But luck for Kakashi, it was convenient for him because Obito's right side was smashed... damn. Poor guy.

Obito looked a hell of a lot like Naruto with just his protector on. Yondy's gonna be shocked at the situation that just took place.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 12:40   Link #16
Satoru

Quote:
What Kakashi actually says is: "If I'd listened to you from the start and come with you to save Rin, this wouldn't have happened!" I don't see what difference it would have made whether he'd come earlier or later, but since he's sooooo anxious to find something to blame himself over for the next couple of years...
Well, they could have made up a plan for a surprise attack.
Old 2004-12-16, 12:41   Link #17
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
Predicatable present for Kakashi but was still brutal to see poor Obito go out like that. For those who complain about this possibly not fitting into the timeline, it can still work, just depends upon when the Third would break it to Orochimaru that he is not going to be picked for the Fourth position. It is possible by the time Yondaime's team makes it back to Konoha, Orochimaru will have already fled. That or even while back IN Konoha for a few days Orochimaru never comes out of the lab to see Kakashi.

Since Kakashi still only has the two tomoe Sharingan this may fuel some more speculation that Kakashi willingly was hit by the Mangekyou so he could advance his own Sharingan. Since it looks like Kakashi is able to still develop the Sharingan even not being a natural user, is just harder for his body to use it. Meaning since he was not a genetic user, that experiencing it was a way for the eye to learn it. I say this mainly because it seemed like Kakashi too easily let himself be hit by the Tsukiyomi.
that is very interesting. the sharingan cant copy bloodline limits but could it copy its own bloodline limit?
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 12:49   Link #18
strategos

Just when obito was starting to get interesting he goes and dies.
when the thing is if Kakashi had follow along with Obito he would have come with a better plan. Kakashi just had to adapt to the situation and things just messed up, because he was too late.
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 12:55   Link #19
strategos

If Kakashi is the third MS then he must killed some close to him. the only one left close to him would be Rin. Did he killed RIn or the MS just activate just like that?

I have been thinking. Maybe there is someone besides Sasuke, Kakashi and Itachi. Something that we didnt took in cosidiration. Call me crazy but: could Itachi have a a son or a daughter. I mean it has been almost like 6 or 7 years. so he probably could have a wife or something and have a little itachi. well this is just a crazy theory of mine
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 13:20   Link #20
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos
Just when obito was starting to get interesting he goes and dies.
Well if that's the case then Kishimoto has done a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos
I have been thinking. Maybe there is someone besides Sasuke, Kakashi and Itachi. Something that we didnt took in cosidiration. Call me crazy but: could Itachi have a a son or a daughter. I mean it has been almost like 6 or 7 years. so he probably could have a wife or something and have a little itachi.
You're not crazy...though I think the third mange is older than Itachi.
We all know Itachi is up to something...
But I don't believe he wants Sasuke to get the mange just for a good fight.
There's more...the uchiha secret. I wonder what it is.